Author Topic: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.  (Read 19587 times)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
Re: Police Union condemns Obama over "stupid" comments.
« Reply #250 on: July 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
When we are young, we are taught that the police are there to protect us.

As we get older, we see some of the biases against us in the police force.

We learn how to deal with this, how to behave when the boys in blue are on the job.
Having a career with a gun and the law behind you to use it, the arrogance is amazing.

With that being said, Crowley and Gates had too much testerone going on.
Have you ever dealt with anyone who went to Harvard?  I have and the arrogance is amazing!

Commenting on something you admittedly know nothing about...stupid.
Sandra

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »

Having a career with a gun and the law behind you to use it, the arrogance is amazing.

Dealing with some of the people you deal with, the self control is even more amazing.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:18 AM »
And you have some inside information that no one else is aware of? See you are the reason why libs piss me off, you don't know all the facts, but the cop is automatically wrong.

It's called using common sense, when he got the point where he said I don't know all the facts, that should have been the end of his answer.

Based on the facts he did have... it was a stupid arrest. As more & more information comes out, and as more of the FACTS see the light of day, ...they simply reinforce the President's words. It WAS a stupid arrest.

Besides the POTUS never gives a strait answer on anything, he is asked a question and either redirects into something else or rambles on for 5 minutes and says nothing and by the time he's done you forgot what the fucking question was in the first place.

{giggle} since when have you known a politician NOT to do that? Bush tried, ...but he wasn't very good at it.
...neither was Palin. With Palin, ...you didn't forget the question, ...you just went wtf?  Is she for real? :o

Your Canadian, have ever even been to the US? You have no problem pointing the finger across the border, but Canada has it's own race issues mostly against the native peoples. Yeah everything has been ducked and skirted, the reason black people are in the state they are in is because they took the hand outs, got lazy and depend on the government for their very existance. You see their is no reason for the man to stick around and take responsiblity for the family anymore, the government has filled that role, and thus destroyed the black family structure. It's you do-gooder libs that have fucked the black man not the "racism" of America, racism is just an excuse to accept failure.

As a matter of fact, I used to live in the US, and I'm a frequent visitor there.

As for your comments vis-a-vis welfare, ...are you aware the largest demographic on welfare are white women?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2009, 01:58:07 AM »
I don't recall anyone pulling Gates out of his house... The facts as they've presented show just the opposite. He went outside of his own free will.

Perhaps 'pulling' was an inapproriate word.

Yes, he's investigated because a call was placed... Had he, as any reasonable person done, said, "Oh, Hello Officer, I'm the owner of this house, and here's my ID to prove it. Thanks for coming by and checking."

My understanding is that is EXACTLY what occurred. Crowley had Gates' id, was aware he was the lawful occupant, yet he proceeded to press him further, AND to call for even more police officers onto the scene. Crowley knew very early on who he was, but he continued to escalate the situation by calling for more verification, as well as additional law enforcement.

Officer Lashely who was present also stated that it wasn't until additional officers were sent INTO Gates' home, did Gates' become agitated. Prior to that indignity, Gates was as calm as a cucumber. Further, it was only after Gates informed Crowley that he was going to file charges on Crowley, did the problems really start to occur. 

I think a lesson to be learned here is if you intend to file charges on a cop, ...don't let them know in advance.

Then he wouldn't have had this issue in the first place... I guess the cop could have just ignored the call and let whomever it was, just have free run, and then had it not been Gates, had his house completely ransacked... That would have avoided it as well.

Gates provided id... Crowley entered his home with neither a warrant, nor an invitation to do so.
Investigating a "possible break in", ...especially one wherein the caller states "I don't know if it even is a break in, the guy might live there"... would dictate a certain degree of discretion when approaching a person of interest. Making a warrantless entry without probable cause, refusing to provide your name & bage #, and threatening to arrest him in his own home, violates Gates' 4th Amendment rights, as well as his dignity as a man. To actually effect the arrest is just going to compound the situation further.

If I'm the Cambridge police department, the next time I get a call about his address... I'm a little busy and take a little longer to get there.

That would be compounding a stupid mistake, ...with an even stupider mistake!

BTW - Did you see Crash? If not, ...go rent it. It was a fabulous movie by Paul Haggis, a great Canadian director.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2009, 04:13:05 AM »
But even the president later conceded it was a mistake to say what he did.
Whether or not he believes it is debatable, but he publicly admitted to an error – his error.

When one makes a mistake (as O admittingly did) is apologizing not the civilized thing to do?

Do you also stand by the president's own personal admission of his mistake?

I believe what he said was that to the extent that his comments fueled the controversy further, was unfortunate. It was unfortunate that his comments resulted in such a hoopla. I don't believe it was a mistake on his part, and I believe America has a golden opportunity to take the hoopla, and turn it into something positive and long overdue. America can take an honest appraisal of the issue of race in America, ...or America can do what she has historically done, ...which is to sweep the nasty unpleasant, unsavoury details under the rug.

This is why everyone is so hot:
O admitted to not having the facts, but he “knew” the cop was wrong “stupid.”

Perhaps this is “reverse” discrimination…
Did O know Crowley was white?
Is that why O immediately assumed Crowley was wrong – because it was a white officer arresting a black man?
Surely, there can be no other explanation?

A routine call to investigate what turned out to be a non-crime should NOT have culminated in an arrest.
That's just plain stupid! Subsequently filing a police report claiming information from a witness, that the witness did not provide, is just plain stupid.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: July 30, 2009, 04:16:36 AM »
the cop was not wrong it was well within his right to arrest gates, was it the smartest move no it was not.

There you have it in a nutshell ...and in your own words. Not the smartest move = stupid.  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: July 30, 2009, 05:46:45 AM »
Dealing with some of the people you deal with, the self control is even more amazing.

Would you consider these as fine examples of "self-control"?

Tasered for taking too long to get his license:

Tasered to death while handcuffed with his arms behind him:

16 year old kid with a broken back tasered 19 times:

Police Overreact with Taser Gun:

Police tase a woman 8 months pregnant:

And then there was the other pregnant woman rushing to the hospital because she was spotting.
The cops called her a liar, accused her of having a menstrual period instead, tasered her, and arrested her,
...and guess what, ...as a result, she miscarried!

If that's your idea of self-control, ...I'd hate to see ballistic & out of control.  :-\
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #257 on: July 30, 2009, 06:00:39 AM »
When officers used the baton, everyone said it was so horrible.  Now that officers are afraid to use their batons to subdue suspects they use the approved taser but that's not good enough for everyone, and of course is has everything to do with race.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: July 30, 2009, 06:16:09 AM »
When officers used the baton, everyone said it was so horrible.  Now that officers are afraid to use their batons to subdue suspects they use the approved taser but that's not good enough for everyone, and of course is has everything to do with race.

The taser is supposed to be a last resort, ...not the go to choice.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2009, 06:19:51 AM »
Wrong actually.

Most officers are afraid to use distraction strikes because suspects will allege that they were beaten.  This normally happens when wrestling with a suspect, which most don't want because they will get hurt or sued.  Nobody uses their baton anymore really.  If you threaten the officer or refuse to obey, the officer can use OC spray or the taser. 
Squishy face retard

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: July 30, 2009, 06:21:06 AM »
no the gun is ALWAYS the last resort, the taser is a viable option when the perp needs to be subdued...honestly jag where do you get some of this shit?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: July 30, 2009, 06:21:37 AM »
yea, Cap, when this tazer shit started, they did said the only time these would be used would be as an alternative to shooting someone.  As it's going now, I could upload a vid a week of someone being tazed that wouldn't have been shot.  That's vids captured by someone, how often is the crap really happening now?  Nazi shit if you ask me...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: July 30, 2009, 06:22:48 AM »
no the gun is ALWAYS the last resort, the taser is a viable option when the perp needs to be subdued...honestly jag where do you get some of this shit?
They specifically pushed the idea that the tazer would only be used in cases that they would have otherwise shot someone.  That was their PR on the shit, not ours.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2009, 06:25:26 AM »
I believe we are the sum of our experiences. if we are consistently confronted with racism, ...we will immediately weigh things in light of racism... real or perceived. If I'm poked with a stick every day of my life, ...if you confront me with a stick, ...I may have more of a gut level reaction that someone who has never seen a stick.

1) Gates was inside his own home, ...and is confronted by police ...inside his own home.

All Gates knows at this point is that a police officer shows up in his home (the abode which is supposed to be his castle where he can shut the door and dismiss all the garbage, and discard all the baggage on the outside) and here is a cop accusing him of possibly breaking into the home. Where the fvck does it end, ...certainly not at the threshold of his door.

There will no doubt be, and understandably so, ... a tremendous amount of agitation on Gates' part.

Obama was right to insinuate a connection between this and general instances of LE profiling because there is one. It was evident in Gates reaction. I'm disappointed that an expert in racial profiling was not able to recognize that, and take it into consideration when weighing Gates' response to him. I'm also disappointed that he chose to basically let his ego & testosterone get in the way of a reasoned response to Gates. he should have apologized for the inconvenience caused him, and LEFT! instead, he said "Fvck it, I'm taking you in". it was stupid and unavoidable. Yes, he had authority to do that, ...but it was stupid and insensitive. Just as stupid as if Gates was in his house drinking a can of beer, ...and the police officer called him outside, only to arrest him for being in public with an open container. The whole thing was sparked by the police attending the residence in the first place. upon discovering they were inconveniencing an innocent man, apologize for the inconvenience and walk away.

I know policing is hard work. I know Gates should have been appreciative that neighbours were looking out for him. i know he should have thanked the officer for coming out, but that only happens in a perfect world. policing can often be a thankless job. If you want to be treated like a hero every where you go... he should have been a Marvel character. They are the only ones given a heros welcome every where they go.

I heard the original 911 call, ...and the media has distorted this thing beyond reason. Crowley DID NOT get a call that 2 black men had broken into a residence. The caller said there were two men who were shouldering a door to get inside a house, ...the caller also identified one of the men as hispanic., ...and even went so far as to suggest that there is a possibility that they may indeed live there.

I don't think Crowley deserves an apology from Obama. It's unfortunate that there is a firestorm breweing, but I don't think he deserves an apology. I think Obama was bang on. I think the police are very hurt and feel insulted because they believe that Obama's comments on the matter somehow validate Gates' accusations of racism, ...but I do not believe they do. I think Obama's comments were outspoken and blunt, ...but sometimes you have to be blunt. The decision to arrest Gates imo was just plain stupid given the context of how the situation unfolded. Once it was ascertained he was in his own home, LEAVE! Obama has nothing to apologize for... the media on the otherhand... they owe the entire public an apology due to the factual errors they keep reporting, and the way they are blowing this up.

However, as I said before, ...this is a looking like another slam dunk for Obama, because coming out on the other side of this... people will finally, hopefully, start to have a real dialogue that addresses the perception gap and shorten the divide so prevalent in your country.

Gates is a racist.Every clip of him proves he is a racist.He is one of these sawed off little runts who thinks hes a tough guy.On top of that he is an elitiste who was upset that a police officer didnt know who he was.The guy is a little fool with a huge chip on his shoulder,he picked the wrong cop to try to make a racial incident out of as EVERY single person says hes a good man.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2009, 06:30:32 AM »
They specifically pushed the idea that the tazer would only be used in cases that they would have otherwise shot someone.  That was their PR on the shit, not ours.
ok so when did police stop carrying guns and only carry tazers? hmmm they never did, did they? if that were true why would they still need to carry guns?

again the tazers are viable options when a perp needs to be subdued

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2009, 06:31:05 AM »
yea, Cap, when this tazer shit started, they did said the only time these would be used would be as an alternative to shooting someone.  As it's going now, I could upload a vid a week of someone being tazed that wouldn't have been shot.  That's vids captured by someone, how often is the crap really happening now?  Nazi shit if you ask me...
I'm telling you, most departments just tell people to use the taser.  Why?  It does the job.  You don't have to fight, you don't break bones (and face lawsuits) as with the baton, people can still fight with OC spray, and you don't kill someone by shooting them (unless you needed to).  The taser is really a one stop shop.  If most officers get to the point where they might get into a fight or are going to get into a fight, they use the taser.  The most feared criminals are scared of the taser.

Let me be clear though, the taser is not the last resort.  That is just foolish.
Squishy face retard

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2009, 07:17:36 AM »
Based on the facts he did have... it was a stupid arrest. As more & more information comes out, and as more of the FACTS see the light of day, ...they simply reinforce the President's words. It WAS a stupid arrest.
Oh really the facts support Obama? Yeah I know the cops are always wrong in your world, but there is a thing called common courtesy. There is no indication that the cop did anything other than his job with the information he had. Gates had no reason to flip out and not only start a racial tirade, but follow the cop out of the house and continue said tirade. Maybe where you come from you speak to another person anyway you feel like, but it ain't like that in my world. In the immortal words of James Brown " don't start nothin', won't be nothin'.

{giggle} since when have you known a politician NOT to do that? Bush tried, ...but he wasn't very good at it.
...neither was Palin. With Palin, ...you didn't forget the question, ...you just went wtf?  Is she for real? :o
So that makes it OK, since all politicians do it ::), and at what point did this become about Bush or Palin, quite trying to quantify everything with well they did it, its a straw man argument.

As a matter of fact, I used to live in the US, and I'm a frequent visitor there.

As for your comments vis-a-vis welfare, ...are you aware the largest demographic on welfare are white women?

And that makes a difference why? Trying to quantify things again?  There was also a time when you could legally beat your wife, where do think the saying rule of thumb came from? There was also a time when women couldn't vote, shall I go on?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2009, 07:21:07 AM »

I meant last resort before applying lethal force. I thought that was obviously implied. I guess not
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2009, 07:29:01 AM »
Oh really the facts support Obama? Yeah I know the cops are always wrong in your world, but there is a thing called common courtesy. There is no indication that the cop did anything other than his job with the information he had. Gates had no reason to flip out and not only start a racial tirade, but follow the cop out of the house and continue said tirade. Maybe where you come from you speak to another person anyway you feel like, but it ain't like that in my world.

No, the cops are not always wrong in my world, ...I just think he was in this instance.

In the immortal words of James Brown " don't start nothin', won't be nothin'.

Tell that to Oscar Grant, Robbie Tolan, and Professor Gates.

So that makes it OK, since all politicians do it ::), and at what point did this become about Bush or Palin, quite trying to quantify everything with well they did it, its a straw man argument.

It was a sarcastic joke about politicians.

And that makes a difference why? Trying to quantify things again?  There was also a time when you could legally beat your wife, where do think the saying rule of thumb came from? There was also a time when women couldn't vote, shall I go on?

You brought it up. I simply corrected your false information. I didn't bring up welfare... you did.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:28 AM »
Jag:  the commission of violent crimes against whites by blacks is FAR higher than by whites against blacks. 

Do you want me to start digging up all the horrific cases of innocent people being killed at the hands of violent people? 

For every case you bring up, the stats show that I will be able to bring up 1.5 to 2 times as many. 

Is that where you wanna go with this? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2009, 07:35:01 AM »
ok so when did police stop carrying guns and only carry tazers? hmmm they never did, did they? if that were true why would they still need to carry guns?

again the tazers are viable options when a perp needs to be subdued
How the hell is this a serious response to the facts I posted?  It's not.  At all... not even remotely close...  try again but don't bullshit me.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2009, 07:40:51 AM »
No, the cops are not always wrong in my world, ...I just think he was in this instance.

Tell that to Oscar Grant, Robbie Tolan, and Professor Gates.

It was a sarcastic joke about politicians.

You brought it up. I simply corrected your false information. I didn't bring up welfare... you did.
And in my opinion the cop acted within the law.

Can you stay on target? Why do you always feel it necessary to bring some unrelated person into the discussion? Oscar Grant, Robbie Tolan, did Crowly shot them? No? then what the fuck does that have to do Gates?

What false information did I present? Did I say every black person is on welfare? Did I give some percentage? Where is the false information?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2009, 07:42:11 AM »
Both the Cop and Gates seem like A-holes.

Does anyone disagree?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »
Both the Cop and Gates seem like A-holes.

Does anyone disagree?

The cops' collegues disagree. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2009, 08:12:56 AM »
How the hell is this a serious response to the facts I posted?  It's not.  At all... not even remotely close...  try again but don't bullshit me.
hahahahah hugo hows the new kid brosky?

ok so they advertised the tazers as a way of not using their guns which it certainly is they didnt lie, you just misinterpreted...they didnt say it would totally replace the guns they said it would take the place of guns in some situations. It would be totally ignorant to think that tazers where there to replace guns...