Author Topic: Funniest guys on getbig  (Read 16124 times)

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
Re: Funniest guys on getbig
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2009, 07:40:38 AM »
My 9" general is a work of art  8)
So big that you have to wear a dress?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2009, 07:45:13 AM »
yes, and I am severly bipolar, unemployed, overweight and lazy.   I am an exceptional catch.  Better act fast
LOL. Some terms and conditions may apply.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2009, 07:56:15 AM »
Falcon is funny in the way a dirty mentally ill, drunk bum who is sleeping in a puddle of his own piss is funny

I would say HedgeHog is one funny bastard----he kills people with his sarcastic witty one-liners, Hedge is definitely under-rated (he's one of my favorite posters)

i thinks its funny that all of the people that claim to hate me cant keep me out of there chubby mouths
A

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2009, 08:10:30 AM »
i thinks its funny that all of the people that claim to hate me cant keep me out of there chubby mouths
where have I ever said I hate you ???

you peddle nonsense and exhibit the IQ of a second grader so Im not surprised you're confused on the matter

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »
"pellius" deserves mention for his million word meltdown PMs.  They always make me laugh ;D

Show me a single PM that I've ever sent you, you lying sack of homo shit.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2009, 12:14:47 PM »
Show me a single PM that I've ever sent you, you lying sack of homo shit.

you would like for him to be a homo....huh?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!  Getbig ain't been funny in two years.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2009, 03:05:41 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!  Getbig ain't been funny in two years.

GetBig has had funny moments but it hasn't been a place where funny shit was posted daily in about two years.

Too mush personal shit and cyberstalking now.

Also many gay gimmicks. :)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2009, 03:08:52 PM »
GetBig has had funny moments but it hasn't been a place where funny shit was posted daily in about two years.

since about the death of jimmy

alot of noobs on here with 4+ gimmicks that won't be on here in 6 months

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2009, 03:10:37 PM »

Yes, it's "ruled" by wannabes and half wits.  I think the funniest part is that the current members that have no insight into what they missed in years past and name those they think are the funniest today....now that shit is hilarious!!  Most today have no idea whatsoever.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »
Mass04
Kiwiol
the showstoppa
Pandaemonium
db2143453
Mars
the Squadfather
special ed

:)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »
This is still the funniest post ever. Can't really explain why but it is.

basile is the type of a guy you would spot in a night club in a remote area of bangkok and when you look in his direction again he suddenly is gone like he never were there in first place.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »
Jimmy kept reincarnating himself after death, though. Shit got old quick.

IMO it started with personal shit. 240, FagFury, toxy, Sarcasm, ~weed~, etc.... all got too much off-line bullshit and people who would normally break balls reigned shit in.

Now all some newbie has to do is fish around or PM for personal info and threaten people with it. It's really Ron's fault for making exceptions on who could post or dig up personal info without getting banned.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »
My personal take on it is this.... I have read some of the older threads and that was definitely the golden era of getbig, laugh out loud stuff every day.

That in no way means that people who posted back then were any more funnier than the posters are now...they just had MUCH more material to work with.

How hard is it to really crack on low intelligent guys like Derek Anthony with all the shit going on in his life and King Kamali with his delusions, or Will Brink...I mean, just look at the guys pics at the expos and you got 3 days worth of material...there's probably many more examples but I just can't think of any right now.

I have seen some of the people who were SO legendary back in the day come back without being able to work all the angles available back then and they really aren't entertaining to me but then again I really don't follow Pro Bodybuilding too much so half the jokes go over my head anyways...

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2009, 03:29:52 PM »

IMO it started with personal shit. 240, FagFury, toxy, Sarcasm, ~weed~, etc.... all got too much off-line bullshit and people who would normally break balls reigned shit in.

Now all some newbie has to do is fish around or PM for personal info and threaten people with it. It's really Ron's fault for making exceptions on who could post or dig up personal info without getting banned.

Well, it goes too far.  I will be the first to admit that I like throwing insults at people.  Personally, I only do it to people that take the 'internet' too serious.  People that brush it off & ignore me are a better person than I originally thought.  Actually, you are one of those people.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2009, 03:44:36 PM »

a part of jimmy's "charm" was his constant "exposure" of people.  he got a taste of his own medicine, and it buried him.  he doesn't even post on the other mma forums anymore, it's like he quit the internet forever.

the original funny was always on the x board.  now most of them are gone, or they talk about puppies and gay shit.  i wish the original mike arvilla appreciation thread was around.  to me, that thread was still the epitome of getbig's humor.  guys like df, mindspin, knny, geo, hell everyone was funny in that thread.

the newer batch of funny guys would be kiwiol, pandae, man of steel etc.  but they're copied so often now that their once original brand of humor is now drowned out by the copycats.

the funny is brought out in getbig when a disaster of a character shows up.  kamali, arvilla, mower, team nasser, milos to an extent, bob chick, etc.  the humor just writes itself.
Deep Tissue Massage

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
I used to make great captions & funny pictures.  About 2 years ago I deleted all of them off my hard drive.  Still see people using them from time to time.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2009, 03:58:39 PM »
a part of jimmy's "charm" was his constant "exposure" of people.  he got a taste of his own medicine, and it buried him.  he doesn't even post on the other mma forums anymore, it's like he quit the internet forever.

the original funny was always on the x board.  now most of them are gone, or they talk about puppies and gay shit.  i wish the original mike arvilla appreciation thread was around.  to me, that thread was still the epitome of getbig's humor.  guys like df, mindspin, knny, geo, hell everyone was funny in that thread.

the newer batch of funny guys would be kiwiol, pandae, man of steel etc.  but they're copied so often now that their once original brand of humor is now drowned out by the copycats.

the funny is brought out in getbig when a disaster of a character shows up.  kamali, arvilla, mower, team nasser, milos to an extent, bob chick, etc.  the humor just writes itself.

Damn, you're showing your "internet age" by referring to guys like MOS and me as teh "newer batch" ;D

I know how you mean it though.

And I agree with Poly - things change with time and the type of humor that makes the rounds now is different than the one that used to be predominant a couple of years or so ago. Don't think that's a bad thing. It would get stale if we were still doing the same shit two years later (now), not to mention the current crop of posters are different.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »
I used to make great captions & funny pictures.  About 2 years ago I deleted all of them off my hard drive.  Still see people using them from time to time.

Yes, db2431 has taken over your turf and has become the Dorian Yates to your Lee Haney 8)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2009, 04:02:16 PM »
Damn, you're showing your "internet age" by referring to guys like MOS and me as teh "newer batch" ;D

I know how you mean it though.

And I agree with Poly - things change with time and the type of humor that makes the rounds now is different than the one that used to be predominant a couple of years or so ago. Don't think that's a bad thing. It would get stale if we were still doing the same shit two years later (now), not to mention the current crop of posters are different.
Yes we must move forward with our humor and bitching - well said kiwiol

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2009, 04:04:38 PM »
Yes, it's "ruled" by wannabes and half wits.  I think the funniest part is that the current members that have no insight into what they missed in years past and name those they think are the funniest today....now that shit is hilarious!!  Most today have no idea whatsoever.

Well said. Or they just name their "buddies" or allies. There are too many people here to mention, really. But some off the top of my head:

Special Ed
Man of Steel
Mars
Hedgehog
Pandaemonium
Block
VP
Knny187
BayGM
danielson
DK
Sarcasm/QO
Mindspin
Mass04
db123456789
Chaos
Goatboy

Sorry to those I left off......the problem today is, the need crop has a few promising posters, but no stars, so-to-speak. All trash talk and no wit. It's just back and forth, "you're gay" type of shit.
HAHA, RON.....

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »
anyone find goatboy funny?

;D

He's only been on here since the beginning

;)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2009, 05:41:49 PM »

The elders, the veterens, the O.G.s, the superstars and the new breeds should unite under one banner and put our focus back on the bodybuilding industry making promoters, judges, IFBB Pros, NPC guys, and everybody els in between meltdown like a candle. The personal feuding has it's time and place but Getbig was at it's pinnacle when we were running the entire industry from our keyboards.

In 2006... it was COOL to be a bonified fucking Getbigger. I loved getting calls from Ron because he was getting endless calls from whoever we were making fun of (Hany, Lee Thompson, Quincy Taylor etc...).

Now with the gimmicks, the cyber-stalking and the baby shit and the shitty threads it's pale in comparision with the power we yeilded at one time.

Revolution!

- Block.
?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
  The elders, the veterens, the O.G.s, the superstars and the new breeds should unite under one banner and put our focus back on the bodybuilding industry making promoters, judges, IFBB Pros, NPC guys, and everybody els in between meltdown like a candle. The personal feuding has it's time and place but Getbig was at it's pinnacle when we were running the entire industry from our keyboards.

In 2006... it was COOL to be a bonified fucking Getbigger. I loved getting calls from Ron because he was getting endless calls from whoever we were making fun of (Hany, Lee Thompson, Quincy Taylor etc...).

Now with the gimmicks, the cyber-stalking and the baby shit and the shitty threads it's pale in comparision with the power we yeilded at one time.

Revolution!

- Block.

Totally agree, the gimmicks and cyber-stalking are such bullshit.

I envy all you guys who were around a few years ago...that would have been so badass to have been a part of those threads back then.

I'm still proud to be a getbigger, regardless!