Author Topic: Living with BPD  (Read 6986 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Re: Living with BPD
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »
I am personally inviting you to the X Linda.   You may post in that thread or any others.  But I will give you a friendly warning that the rules are not quite as clear as they are on this board.   ;)

Up to you.
   :)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
Well the BPD thing might have been a part of it but now it seems as if the feelings just up and vanished for her.  Great.

And here I thought I was helping by giving her space but apparently we were just "right for that time in her life and she's thankful for the experience."

Wonderful.  Funny how fast shit goes downhill.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2009, 07:14:43 AM »
Hope you're doing OK BBD!
R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 07:32:16 PM »
you got treated like a piece of meat!   cool

;D

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 07:22:49 AM »
lol PWND

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »
Well the BPD thing might have been a part of it but now it seems as if the feelings just up and vanished for her.  Great.

And here I thought I was helping by giving her space but apparently we were just "right for that time in her life and she's thankful for the experience."

Wonderful.  Funny how fast shit goes downhill.

You're lucky things are over, for now. :)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 11:45:08 AM »
Borderline Personality Disorder Brain and Gene Function Mapped by New Research

Newswise — Mount Sinai researchers have found that real-time brain imaging suggests that patients with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) are physically unable to activate neurological networks that can help regulate emotion. The findings, by Harold W. Koenigsberg, MD, Professor of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, were presented at the 11th International Congress of the International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders (ISSPD), held August 21 – 23 at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. The research will also be published in the journal Biological Psychiatry.

Using functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Dr. Koenigsberg observed how the brains of people with BPD reacted to social and emotional stimuli. He found that when people with BPD attempted to control and reduce their reactions to disturbing emotional scenes, the anterior cingulated cortex and intraparetical sulci areas of the brain that are active in healthy people under the same conditions remained inactive in the BPD patients.

“This research shows that BPD patients are not able to use those parts of the brain that healthy people use to help regulate their emotions,” said Dr. Koenigsberg. “This may explain why their emotional reactions are so extreme. The biological underpinnings of the disordered emotional control systems are central to borderline pathology. Studying which areas of the brain function differently in patients with borderline personality disorder can lead to more targeted uses of psychotherapy and medications, and also provide a link to connect the genetic basis of the disorder.”

http://generalpsychiatry.blogspot.com/2009/09/borderline-personality-disorder-brain.html
:

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 12:35:12 PM »
Cognitive behavioral therapy: detecting triggers, avoiding them, regulating emotions. As with many impulse-regulation disorders (PDD-NOS, ADHD, CD etc) a reasonable percentage of sufferers' symptoms lessen over time. In practice, Borderliners can be a royal pain.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 12:44:46 PM »
Cognitive behavioral therapy: detecting triggers, avoiding them, regulating emotions. As with many impulse-regulation disorders (PDD-NOS, ADHD, CD etc) a reasonable percentage of sufferers' symptoms lessen over time. In practice, Borderliners can be a royal pain.

Typical people are a pain too!!  :)

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »
we can safely assume that everyone is a pain in the arse at many times in our lifetime, that includes 'typicalos'!

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2009, 05:20:56 AM »
Borderline Personality Disorder Brain and Gene Function Mapped by New Research

Newswise — Mount Sinai researchers have found that real-time brain imaging suggests that patients with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) are physically unable to activate neurological networks that can help regulate emotion. The findings, by Harold W. Koenigsberg, MD, Professor of Psychiatry at Mount Sinai School of Medicine, were presented at the 11th International Congress of the International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders (ISSPD), held August 21 – 23 at The Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. The research will also be published in the journal Biological Psychiatry.

Using functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Dr. Koenigsberg observed how the brains of people with BPD reacted to social and emotional stimuli. He found that when people with BPD attempted to control and reduce their reactions to disturbing emotional scenes, the anterior cingulated cortex and intraparetical sulci areas of the brain that are active in healthy people under the same conditions remained inactive in the BPD patients.

“This research shows that BPD patients are not able to use those parts of the brain that healthy people use to help regulate their emotions,” said Dr. Koenigsberg. “This may explain why their emotional reactions are so extreme. The biological underpinnings of the disordered emotional control systems are central to borderline pathology. Studying which areas of the brain function differently in patients with borderline personality disorder can lead to more targeted uses of psychotherapy and medications, and also provide a link to connect the genetic basis of the disorder.”

http://generalpsychiatry.blogspot.com/2009/09/borderline-personality-disorder-brain.html

Good post. 

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2009, 09:55:55 AM »

DBT is preferred, similar to CBT, Dialectical behavior therapy.    Yes, as it can get better as you get older.  I think that comes with learning how to deal over time, or like you stated avoiding or knowing your triggers. (which is why I like pets better than people  ;D  hi drkock!)   Low functioning Borderliners can be a royal pain in practice.   ;)

Good article Princess L.
  :)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »
don't forget to wear your pin

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s