Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 181329 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2012, 07:30:32 PM »
Conservatives don't have the captive audience that leftists and communists do like the school system, the msm, the colleges, academia, etc. 

Oh so the military isn't a captive audience? 

How many people are in military including defense contractors, industry, consulting etc?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »
Oh so the military isn't a captive audience? 

How many people are in military including defense contractors, industry, consulting etc?

Most people by that age have already made up their minds.    he leftist communists who write the text books, occupy the teachers unions, who occupy the msm, etc spread their liberal communist crap and false bullshit from far earlier age. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2012, 07:58:45 PM »
churches use state money.. hell, they pay zero taxes.  and they sure as shit hire people that fit their ideological beliefs.  Wear your Slayer shirt in, see if they hire ya.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2012, 08:01:23 PM »
Most people by that age have already made up their minds.    he leftist communists who write the text books, occupy the teachers unions, who occupy the msm, etc spread their liberal communist crap and false bullshit from far earlier age. 

Yeah 18-25 year olds never change their mind as they grow older.  And the conservative rhetoric and demonization of liberals in the military have no effect.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2012, 08:02:46 PM »
churches use state money.. hell, they pay zero taxes.  and they sure as shit hire people that fit their ideological beliefs.  Wear your Slayer shirt in, see if they hire ya.

Many congregations are leftist to. Try to get money.  I wear my slayer shirts in TJE bronx and pro gin shirts wherever I gp.  

my favorite shirt says loudly that only slaves oppose the the. 2nd amwndmenf.  I wear it all TJE time.

Communism like the modern day liberal ideology needs to be defeated.  Modern day librals equal commies.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »
LOL I didnt know that their were imams and rabbis applying for jobs at churchs

find any definition of censor that doesnt...jack ass

sorry can't find any definition of censorship that includes entitlement to a specific job

feel free to provide one or I'll assume the point has been made

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2012, 11:33:57 PM »
Are you suggesting groups/institutions with hard core conservatives Controlling things don't do similar things?

If you don't think so, are you telling me a bleeding heart lib is going to make General with the same difficulty as a conservative?

Are you talking about taxpayer funded organizations?  If so, I don't think that happens. 

If you're talking about private organizations, then yes I'm sure it happens. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2012, 07:24:50 AM »
Are you talking about taxpayer funded organizations?  If so, I don't think that happens. 

If you're talking about private organizations, then yes I'm sure it happens. 

The military isn't a tax payer funded organization?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right what happened in that article, my point is, it happens in reverse too and the military as a prime example.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
sorry can't find any definition of censorship that includes entitlement to a specific job

feel free to provide one or I'll assume the point has been made
Nice straw man, youre living up to your name quite nicely.

censorverb
cen·soredcen·sor·ing\ˈsen(t)-sə-riŋ, ˈsen(t)s-riŋ\
Definition of CENSOR
transitive verb
: to examine in order to suppress or delete anything considered objectionable <censor the news>; also : to suppress or delete as objectionable <censor out indecent passages>

do you think they examined his background and stances and didnt give him the job b/c of them?

if so is that not suppressing his opinion?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
Nice straw man, youre living up to your name quite nicely.

censorverb
cen·soredcen·sor·ing\ˈsen(t)-sə-riŋ, ˈsen(t)s-riŋ\
Definition of CENSOR
transitive verb
: to examine in order to suppress or delete anything considered objectionable <censor the news>; also : to suppress or delete as objectionable <censor out indecent passages>

do you think they examined his background and stances and didnt give him the job b/c of them?

if so is that not suppressing his opinion?

your name is becoming synonymous with not knowing when to quit when you're wrong

this woman is employed by the University of Iowa where she is free to express her opinions all day long so her only complaint is she feels entitled to a different job

http://www.law.uiowa.edu/directory/staff/teresa-wagner.php

there is no definition of censorship that includes entitlement to a specific job at a specific employer

if she wants a job as a law professor she is free to apply to every collge of law on the planet but nothing entitles her to a job at any particular university

finally...and pay close attention to this point - her lawsuit is based on a claim of discrimination and not censorship

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2012, 02:48:11 PM »
The military isn't a tax payer funded organization?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right what happened in that article, my point is, it happens in reverse too and the military as a prime example.

The military is taxpayer funded, and yes they censor stuff all the time, but they're a different animal.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »
The military is taxpayer funded, and yes they censor stuff all the time, but they're a different animal.

Do you deny a conservative bias in the military?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2012, 09:34:51 PM »
Do you deny a conservative bias in the military?

In terms of hiring, promotion, and firing, yeah I deny that.  I think the majority of the rank and file are conservative, but that doesn't = a conservative bias when it comes to how the services are run. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »
In terms of hiring, promotion, and firing, yeah I deny that.  I think the majority of the rank and file are conservative, but that doesn't = a conservative bias when it comes to how the services are run. 

That's about the most untrue statement I have heard you say.  Liberals are completely demonized in the military and if you are a outward liberal getting high level promotions above Captian is difficult if not impossible.  In the lower ranks, you get labeled and have to deal with all kinds of bias. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »

That's about the most untrue statement I have heard you say.  Liberals are completely demonized in the military and if you are a outward liberal getting high level promotions above Captian is difficult if not impossible.  In the lower ranks, you get labeled and have to deal with all kinds of bias. 

As in most areas of life where adults reside.  Once one becomes an adult and still displays leftist ideas - ridicule and mocking should be expected.     

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »

As in most areas of life where adults reside.  Once one becomes an adult and still displays leftist ideas - ridicule and mocking should be expected.     

Followed by jail time if it continues.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
Followed by jail time if it continues.

no way!!!!  The best evidence of the failure of liberalism are liberals themselves!   The more they speak, the more they spread their mamby pamby crap, the more the general public realizes who freaking nuts most leftists are. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2012, 09:05:00 AM »
no way!!!!  The best evidence of the failure of liberalism are liberals themselves!   The more they speak, the more they spread their mamby pamby crap, the more the general public realizes who freaking nuts most leftists are. 

then put them in glass cages on the sides of streets and sidewalks

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »

I disagree.  I know a number of liberals in the military, including high ranking officers.  They are a minority IMO, but they are not demonized.  A Soldier's political ideology doesn't really factor into promotions (or supervision, etc.).  

Maybe HH has a different view, but that's what I've seen.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2012, 10:13:52 AM »
I disagree.  I know a number of liberals in the military, including high ranking officers.  They are a minority IMO, but they are not demonized.  A Soldier's political ideology doesn't really factor into promotions (or supervision, etc.).  

Maybe HH has a different view, but that's what I've seen.  

Still disagree (based on very close dealings over the years), and especially since higher level promotions are not purely merit based.  And to say "they" are not demonized might be true in front of them, however, liberals in general are demonized as a matter of culture in the military.  Remember i am not talking about E-1-5 here. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »
Still disagree (based on very close dealings over the years), and especially since higher level promotions are not purely merit based.  And to say "they" are not demonized might be true in front of them, however, liberals in general are demonized as a matter of culture in the military.  Remember i am not talking about E-1-5 here. 

If you're talking about enlisted promotions from E-6 through E-9, those are done by promotion boards that meet hundreds or thousands of miles away, where I don't think it's even possible for the board to know what the person's political preferences might be.  There is no room in the selection process for them to consider that kind of stuff. 

Regarding promotions from Major through Colonel, it's the same process:  a board that doesn't even meet the individual up for promotion makes a decision based on officer evaluation reports, education, performance, physical fitness, etc. 

I think general officer promotions could get "political," but by and large everything else doesn't involve discrimination based on political philosophy. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2012, 01:25:02 PM »
So reviews by superiors aren't taken into account at all?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »
So reviews by superiors aren't taken into account at all?

That's what officer evaluation reports are.  Enlisted have the same, except they're called noncommissioned officer evaluation reports.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2012, 02:45:45 PM »
That's what officer evaluation reports are.  Enlisted have the same, except they're called noncommissioned officer evaluation reports.  

and those don't make a difference?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2012, 02:50:33 PM »
and those don't make a difference?

They make a huge difference.