Author Topic: Nasser vs. Shawn Ray in the 7 Mandatory Poses!  (Read 25930 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Sherief Shalaby--an honest Nasser question
« Reply #225 on: September 08, 2009, 02:25:51 AM »
nasser looked ebtter in 96 based on those pics. 

nasser was a good bber, and probably underrated and overlooked, but so were several others throughout IFBB history.  Take teh gift that Franco Columbo received as Mr. O.....what a joke.  It's all politics, which is sad.  The arnold classic is probably your best bet at being judged fairly these days. 

why dwell on the past though, and fight battles that arent yours to fight.  you are NOT nasser, so why exalt a man to some level that he doesnt belong on?  you put him on such a pedastal that you almost make him your god.  i can see arguing a few threads or posts, but to the extent you guys take it, its almost obsession or worship, which is sad. 

As a muslim I have no gods but ALLAH..

Nasser was one of the best BODYBUILDER who happens to be my favorite so I support him on a BODYBUILDING board so nothing is weird here..

I agree I exaggerate matters here but a lot of other guys do the same and more.. Hulkster and ND are the most famous examples to do this here.. I don’t see anything bad with them or with bobs or with me.. we all like to exaggerate matters mainly for fun, I don’t think ND for example has any hope to convince Hulkster that dorian is better than Ronnie but still both of them argue all the time.. nothing bad with that as long as both of them enjoy it.. those who find this weird and boring just have to avoid there threads or my threads.. so simple..

Also believe it or not I am a dorian fan too and I mentioned this many times.. I just felt bad for him and for the sport when he took undeserved titles.. in his best years I always support him.. on the other hand I never support nasser in his last years where he didn’t present the actual nasser we used to see from 95-99..

Yes nasser deserved to win in 96 and 97 and may be if he had won in these 2 years as he deserved he was going to do his best to keep the title and was going to look his best in 98 and after..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #226 on: September 08, 2009, 02:48:49 AM »

Exactly. Then again some fans are so emotionally invested in their "heroes" that they will ignore all attempts at common sense because their fantasies overrule reality. They prefer it that way. After all the truth is just too painful to digest. 

a humiliated gimmick with no dignity like you is not allowed to say his opinion :P

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #227 on: September 08, 2009, 02:51:01 AM »
He wasn't.  Yates destroyed him from the  back and sides.  I saw it live.  When Nasser first came out, there was a huge buzz in the audience, because he looked phenomenal.  Dominant.

Then he turned and it wasn't close.  People actually laughed when they were compared from the back.

yes nasser was dominant from the front the exact same way dorian was dominant from the back if not more.. so again why is the back more important than the front??..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2009, 02:52:32 AM »
If

Most BB fans= you two, then yes

the 2 of us = 1000 of your type :P so the quality of fans is more important than their quantity!!.. nasser must feel proud to have smart fans like bobs or sharma but i am sure anyone you are his fan would feel bad if he knew someone like you like him :-X

ag2

• Getbig III
  • President of the Peanut gallery.
Re: Nasser vs. Shawn Ray in the 7 Mandatory Poses!
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2009, 09:49:21 AM »
Its been a good week. Sha-labia has been melting down so often that Egypt's ghetto must be ablaze ;D

Too bad all his rantings and attempts at linking me with other members FAILED when Ron himself removed them.
Now its back to square one with the empty threats and random word matching.

The latest attempt = IP matching.  :o  Hahaha -their desperation knows no bounds. But lets not kill this weeks entertainment.
Post up this IP address. Let all of getbig see.

I noticed  angry man Shalabia was lurking around online when I was posting yesterday but didn't have the guts to type all this then. As usual the coward waited until I was offline to post his "brave" thoughts.  ;D ;D

I own so many nasser minds I should start a discount store. I acquire them at such cheap prices.

I was referring to how Ron was able to match the Ip's of Barracuda and Dreadlord and thus out you  ::)

As fa as you owning minds, do you own your own? I seem to recall a rather hilarious exchange between Dreadlord Barracuda a while back, just how may personalities do you have ? ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2009, 02:41:39 PM »
Again...blabbing on about pics that you selected that show Nasser frozen in time where he looks best.

Grape Ape and myself have actually SEEN Nasser live on an Olympia stage and my opinion, which was formed 10 years before I ever heard of "bigbobs".... was that he looked GREAT from the front, not so great from the side and BAD from the rear.

Vince Taylor was sitting next to me and said virtually the same thing.

Well put.  I have no dog in this fight either.  It's just the way it was.  I would strongly suggest any of these guys attend an Olympia, if they have a chance.  It's something every fan should see.

The thing is, to Kiwiol's point, there was no uproar after the show, whether it be at the actual show, or in the publications that followed it.  If the "fix" was in, as many put, it would have had to involve the entire industry - the judges, competitors, media, etc....

Pics are only good if everyone is viewed at the exact same angle, distance, and the correct time of the pose.  But, I also feel that most BB are shortchanged by all those pics at Muscletime - those pics always seem to short change them on their actual conditioning.   Conversely, all screencaps seem to enhance it.

Y

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
Well put.  I have no dog in this fight either.  It's just the way it was.  I would strongly suggest any of these guys attend an Olympia, if they have a chance.  It's something every fan should see.

The thing is, to Kiwiol's point, there was no uproar after the show, whether it be at the actual show, or in the publications that followed it.  If the "fix" was in, as many put, it would have had to involve the entire industry - the judges, competitors, media, etc....

Pics are only good if everyone is viewed at the exact same angle, distance, and the correct time of the pose.  But, I also feel that most BB are shortchanged by all those pics at Muscletime - those pics always seem to short change them on their actual conditioning.   Conversely, all screencaps seem to enhance it.

So pictures always put Dorian at a disadvantage and Nasser at an advantage.   ::)  Guess Dorian is just un-photogenic?  Maybe Jay Cutler truly was the best onstage in 2007 as well, but pictures make him look worse than the other top guys ;) 

Why dont the pictures or screencaps further enhance how far ahead Dorian supposedly was?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »
because he wasn't.

he had a great back, but was nothing special from the front..

poor arms, huge but poor quads, superthick waist..no matter what the year.

but he had a great back, the second best ever, and thats all the judges cared about..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »
So pictures always put Dorian at a disadvantage and Nasser at an advantage.   ::)  Guess Dorian is just un-photogenic?  Maybe Jay Cutler truly was the best onstage in 2007 as well, but pictures make him look worse than the other top guys ;) 

Why dont the pictures or screencaps further enhance how far ahead Dorian supposedly was?

That's called a strawman argument, bobs.  I never said that. 

If you can view it objectively, show all the mandatories between Nassar, Ray and Yates from '96 at the correct times, and we'll see if you have a point.   The only '96 shot I see is always the back one with Nassar in the middle.

Y

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
That's called a strawman argument, bobs.  I never said that. 

If you can view it objectively, show all the mandatories between Nassar, Ray and Yates from '96 at the correct times, and we'll see if you have a point.   The only '96 shot I see is always the back one with Nassar in the middle.

View page 2 of this thread

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2009, 03:45:16 PM »
ray's back at his best crushed nasser's and gave dorian's a run for its money, at least in terms of detail:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
View page 2 of this thread

All I see is a pic of Ferrigno and you sitting on Nasser's lap.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=296288.25
Y

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2009, 06:23:41 PM »
All I see is a pic of Ferrigno and you sitting on Nasser's lap.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=296288.25

Page 9 now, thread got merged

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2009, 06:50:34 PM »
Page 9 now, thread got merged

Gotcha.  First, before I comment, I've never been anti-Nasser, Coleman, Yates, etc..  I think they're all great bodybuilders.  Some of the best ever.

But those pics are all blurry.  You can barely tell a thing condition wise.

I guess I just don't understand how anyone rational can think they can judge a contest better than the judges, media, and all the bodybuilding experts who were there that day.
Y

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »
its not about judging the contest better.

its that fans to not have an agenda to uphold and call physiques honestly as such.

eg. how is it that dorian won the symmetry round for years with a missing arm?

answer: the agenda of the judges.

most fans do not fall victim to this. they see good clear shots from the contest, and videos, and judge accordingly.

they are not influenced by the politics like the IFBB judges are.

perfect symmetry? perfect scores?

you tell me:
Flower Boy Ran Away

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »
I was referring to how Ron was able to match the Ip's of Barracuda and Dreadlord and thus out you  ::)

As fa as you owning minds, do you own your own? I seem to recall a rather hilarious exchange between Dreadlord Barracuda a while back, just how may personalities do you have ? ;)
haha yes
w

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »

its that fans to not have an agenda to uphold and call physiques honestly as such.

most fans do not fall victim to this. they see good clear shots from the contest, and videos, and judge accordingly.

you tell me:

The agenda of the judges?  What about the media, both Weider and non-Weider?  What about the fans at the show?

There was no controversy at the 96 Olympia.  No outrage, other than the normal smattering of boos.  No post write-ups said Nasser got robbed.

I talked to a ton of people there.  Nobody thought Nasser/Ray won that show.

Honestly, the only one with an agenda seems to be you.
Y

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2009, 08:44:55 PM »

This has been pointed out to Bober many times over the last couple of years but it is still lost on him and his "team"
You have people like yourself and groink plus others who were actualy there saying its totaly different to how Bober portrays it or more the point how bitter Nasser has brainwashed him but it falls on death ears , Bober and sheriff still cling to photos that make Nasser look good where in reality he diddnt look at all as good as he has told them..

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »
The agenda of the judges?  What about the media, both Weider and non-Weider?  What about the fans at the show?

There was no controversy at the 96 Olympia.  No outrage, other than the normal smattering of boos.  No post write-ups said Nasser got robbed.

I talked to a ton of people there.  Nobody thought Nasser/Ray won that show.

Honestly, the only one with an agenda seems to be you.

That's the way its always been . Based on the so called secret pm posted up Nasser coaches bobs to attack Yates, milos, ray and everyone else nasser has a problem with. Of course nasser is too busy lurking under another account to do his own dirty work.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2009, 09:18:08 PM »

you tell me:
Dorian looks pretty damn good to me - - front, back, & side.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »
Here is my Hulkster impression:   "Dorian owning Ronnie here"  ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2009, 10:22:58 PM »
This has been pointed out to Bober many times over the last couple of years but it is still lost on him and his "team"
You have people like yourself and groink plus others who were actualy there saying its totaly different to how Bober portrays it or more the point how bitter Nasser has brainwashed him but it falls on death ears , Bober and sheriff still cling to photos that make Nasser look good where in reality he diddnt look at all as good as he has told them..

which is quite funny actually.

You have these guys declaring themselves the ultimate authority on Nasser and they never even saw him compete

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2009, 11:29:57 PM »
Hulkster, Yates owns your mind.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »

Just curious, why would you start a thread to self own yourself?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #249 on: September 09, 2009, 05:42:29 AM »
Its been a good week. Sha-labia has been melting down so often that Egypt's ghetto must be ablaze ;D

Too bad all his rantings and attempts at linking me with other members FAILED when Ron himself removed them.
Now its back to square one with the empty threats and random word matching.

The latest attempt = IP matching.  :o  Hahaha -their desperation knows no bounds. But lets not kill this weeks entertainment.
Post up this IP address. Let all of getbig see.

I noticed  angry man Shalabia was lurking around online when I was posting yesterday but didn't have the guts to type all this then. As usual the coward waited until I was offline to post his "brave" thoughts.  ;D ;D

I own so many nasser minds I should start a discount store. I acquire them at such cheap prices.

epic self ownage from our stupid kid again here ;D

Whenever we're both online you sit there quiet as a mouse - lurking rather than posting. Whenever we do cross paths you run away immediately like the punkass bitch you are.

After all you're too scared to post when I'm online.

You've always run off or logged off whenever you faced me online.

Nothing's changed...coward