Author Topic: Could Jay Cutler have beat Dorian Yates?  (Read 113744 times)

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Could Cutler beat Dorian.
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2005, 09:18:56 AM »
Hulkster wanted two photos of Yates in competition that equalled Coleman's condition in those pics , and if you take a look at any of those pics they equal and I'll go so far as to say his condition at the 1993 Mr Olympia surpasses Colemans .

Ronnies arms aren't better than Yates thats a myth , Ronnies biceps are better than Yates , Yates has better triceps & forearms .

And Hulkster if you're going to use the best picture of Coleman as an example of his better back double bicep shot , you have to use Yates' best picture not one where he is not his best , but thats your M.O. you post subpar pics of Yates when comparing to Coleman to prove a point get angry when people post pics of Coleman with his gut hanging out lol pure hypocrisy , Coleman's back double bicep shot being the best in the history of the sport? I don't think so , not when he has a giant ass and no calves.

This back double bicep shot of Yates has a few things Coleman's doesn't like much better balance between upper & lower body , much better proportion between muscles , obviously Coleman's biceps are better , but his giant ass and weak calves hurt him in this shot .

Yates beat Coleman 5 times and when he beat him in 94 Coleman was smallish , in 95 Coleman came into his own and started to win , in 96/97 he started to come into his own and place real high in contests and beat Flex , so stop acting like it was when Momo beat Yates , Yates was 220lbs when Momo beat him Coleman was at least near his best weight of 250lbs when Yates beat him in 96/97 .

And lets entertain for a moment Coleman has " superior " muscle shape to Yates , big deal , Flex Wheeler had superior muscle shape then both Yates & Coleman and Yates always beat Flex . so much for that .

Yates beat the best at thier best because he was simply more complete , sans 94 , he had size , condition , balance , proportion , symmetry , and he was complete from head to toe , front to back , and he simply looked better in the 7 mandatory poses than the rest of the guys.

In 98 almost everyone on the Pro circuit beat Ronnie Coleman previously , the only reason Coleman won against Flex , was beacuse he was off , he won because Flex wasn't 100%
right out the box Yates was a winner he was only beat a handfull of times , while Coleman was beat month in month out by everyone , and like it was stated he was beat while being Mr Olympia , in their respective peaks in thier all time best shapes Dorian Yates was beat Ronnie Coleman , like he beat the best of the best of the 90s , simply because he has fewer flaws and is more complete.

Bottom pic , Coleman 1996 Mr Olympia at around 250lbs

I stopped reading this the moment i read that yates arms were better than colemans. WTF? This is yet another classic nugget of ND wisdom that defies convential thought and popular opinion. Yates whose arms are KNOWN to be weak relative to the rest of his physique and his contempories (fer christsakes the man had a torn bicep - does this mean nothing to you ND) are inferior to colemans in every singel way possible. You could make a case for his triceps being sharper but ronnies comes back atcha with superior shape. And if i read some comment about Ronnies "small" forearms I'll have a shit!

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2005, 10:18:43 AM »
lol...
yep good ol.. nd ::)
relentless
.. the only thing dorian had on ronnie is calves...
dorian had a wide waist ..not great arms....
actualt there is nothin knock out about him except back and calves....
ronnie is a collectio of knockout parts...
i have never looked at dorian and been like who...
like i have been when i see coleman... dillet...
and he doesnt have the pretty lines.. that shawn flex and cormier have...
like i said.. how he one all those olympias .. is a mystery to me....
ifbb judges are full of shit..
i feel sorry for flex.. kevin nasser shawn....
choice is an illusion

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2005, 10:22:47 AM »
And lets entertain for a moment Coleman has " superior " muscle shape to Yates , big deal ,

WTF? So if muscle shape doesn't matter, what does? Size alone? You yourself have campaigned against the "size is the only thing that matters" crowd for a long time now, and now you join the club.. ::) Ronnie's arms are more shapely, (you admit that), have more definition (the biceps are split and the triceps are STRIATED) and more vascular. So how are they better??

And yeah, the comment that Ronnie's arms are not as good as Dorian's overall is great:

Look how much better they are.. ::)

I'll tear apart the rest of ND's post later tonight.

And I still don't understand exactly how the fact that Dorian beat Ronnie 5 times (hell, at one of the contests, Ronnie placed DEAD LAST) has anything to do with comparing the two at their bests.

And also, Ronnie was sure as hell not 250 pounds at the 1996 Olympia..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2005, 10:25:01 AM »
ND's comments pertaining to bodybuilders being compared to Ronnie are so bizzare that I am now convinced that it really has nothing to do with who we are comparing Ronnie to. He just has it out for Ronnie for some unknown reason. 
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2005, 11:01:17 AM »
I said plain and simple Coleman has better biceps , and thats about it , his forearms don't match his biceps/triceps , and Yates has an edge on triceps and Yates forearms match his arms better than Colemans , I'm obviously talking about the prebicep tear .

And you made the claim Ronnie has superior shape , I didn't and lets entertain the idea that he does , it wouldn't matter because he beat Flex who has better shape than both .

And yes muscle shape is important , and its ironic you are stressing this issue because Coleman has oddly shaped triceps , Yates doesn't , Coleman has oddly shaped calves , Yates doesn't , Coleman has oddly shaped abs , Yates doesn't , How about Coleman's oddly shapped giant ass that can be seen in his front poses ? Yates doesn't have that , I entertianed the idea that his shape was superior I never agreed with it .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »
Its obvious Yates has the superior shapped triceps

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2005, 12:03:45 PM »

No. There not called horseshoes for nothing. when was the last time you saw a horseshoe shaped like the triceps on yates arms?

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2005, 12:33:54 PM »
@nd
i like how u picked a bad pic of ronnie to support ur tricep argument...lol
choice is an illusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2005, 12:50:34 PM »
@nd
i like how u picked a bad pic of ronnie to support ur tricep argument...lol

Its tuff to find good pics of Coleman  ;)

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2005, 02:59:29 PM »
Ronnie has better biceps than Yates, Yates has him in Triceps and Forearms.

And it was not ND who turned it into a Coleman is God thread, I believe the culprit as allways was Hulkster.
shotgun on the team

Mussolini

• Getbig IV
  • riding shotgun on the team Nasser War wagon
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2005, 03:01:08 PM »
I stopped reading this the moment i read that yates arms were better than colemans. WTF? This is yet another classic nugget of ND wisdom that defies convential thought and popular opinion. Yates whose arms are KNOWN to be weak relative to the rest of his physique and his contempories (fer christsakes the man had a torn bicep - does this mean nothing to you ND) are inferior to colemans in every singel way possible. You could make a case for his triceps being sharper but ronnies comes back atcha with superior shape. And if i read some comment about Ronnies "small" forearms I'll have a shit!

Yates Biceps were weak one year you moron. The arm consists of Biceps, tri's and Forearms. Yates owns Ronnie on Tri's and forearms and therefore has better arms.
shotgun on the team

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2005, 03:18:42 PM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2005, 03:24:50 PM »

Ronnies and Dorian's Most musculars in their best condition

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2005, 03:31:34 PM »

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2005, 03:32:36 PM »
Yates Biceps were weak one year you moron. The arm consists of Biceps, tri's and Forearms. Yates owns Ronnie on Tri's and forearms and therefore has better arms.

WTF are you talkin about. Yates biceps were al;sways poor even pre-op. They were torn for 96 and 97! Quit talkin garbage, "yates owns ronnie" what trash

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2005, 03:34:24 PM »

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2005, 03:37:21 PM »
Cutler obviously

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2005, 03:37:47 PM »
Just so everyone knows, THIS is the pic of Fux that keeps getting passed off (incorrectly) as a Dorian pic:

Yates KILLS Fux on rear lat spread!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2005, 03:41:52 PM »

brianX

« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2005, 03:44:11 PM »
They both suck.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2005, 03:46:24 PM »
They both suck.

what about Cutler at 290?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2005, 03:53:08 PM »
one of Ronnies best pics....Back and Triceps are huge.........

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2005, 04:20:30 PM »
Its tuff to find good pics of Coleman  ;)

its not if you know where to look!

;)

ronnie's tris looked pretty good when he was in his pre-gut shape.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2005, 05:03:28 PM »
its not if you know where to look!

;)

ronnie's tris looked pretty good when he was in his pre-gut shape.

Oh yes I'm not denying his triceps are huge or they don't look pretty good , but Yates simply has better triceps

tony b

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2005, 05:43:02 PM »
The Shadow