Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165729 times)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2009, 08:59:50 PM »
^

notice, dorian gets owned, judges score him perfect anyway..

::)

nasser has the double bi shot, but yates wins the other poses.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2009, 01:30:01 AM »
no, they didn't include him because he was that far ahead.

they didn't include him because the judges didn't give a shit what he looked like. they were told to score him the winner no matter what.

that the judges were prepared to score a competitor without comparing him to his competitors in the round is the very definition of biased judging.

its too bad the IFBB almost pulled that stunt. because there is no way around avoiding the fact that

not including dorian but scoring him anyway is by definition, biased judging..

great move IFBB ::)

Spoken like the little crybaby you are. If Ronnie had done this you'd be shouting from the rooftops and it would be evidence of how great he was but when it's Dorian it's a scam  ::)

Dorian is the most dominating bodybuilder in IFBB history and he dominated over among the best competitors to boot

and you're right about biased judging , finally you're getting it ...the judges were biased towards Dorian's physique because it fits the fucking criteria you dummy.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2009, 01:34:56 AM »
LOL

::)

yeah sure..

You just proved my point idiot , that pic is from 1995 Ronnie 4 years latter still wasn't in Yates league as far as muscular bulk , balanced development , density & dryness

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2009, 01:38:23 AM »
Yeah okay Dorian was so far and ahead of everyone in 1993 they didn't even include him in the muscularity round , you're just being absurd now he never blew anyone off stage  ::) 1995 he obliterated everyone

you're just being silly now

That post about Yates alone shows how little Ed knows about bodybuilding. Sounds as ill-informed as mainstream journalists when they make their occasional but typical articles about bodybuilding, bashing everything about it.

Hulkster being a typical ignorant douche as always, in this thread.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2009, 01:45:18 AM »
LOL a few? how about most dorian shots, especially post tear show that he was scored incorrectly relative to the other competitors..

and yes, ronnie looks shitty in those shots.

why? because he was in shitty shape (for him) - except the 99 shot where he is not even flexing yet.

problem with dorian, is that even in his 'best shape' eg. 95, he looks bad:

you never got that with Ronnie when he was "on"

lmfao at Hulkster complaining about pictures of Ronnie supposedly not flexing yet , what a fucking hypocritical statement

You don't know how contests are judged which is exactly why you claim the contests weren't scored correctly , just another example of your stupidity

FYI dummy , Dorian can lose a couple of poses and still win with a perfect score and how? the high & low scores are tossed out , you constantly prove my point about you being a complete idiot. How can you form an opinion when you don't even know how contests are judged? on top of being outright biased to the point of claiming Dorian is the most overrated bodybuilder of all time. you can't you have an axe to grind with Dorian

And you were just bitching about Ronnie not being unflexed but there you go , case closed Hulkster = hypocrite troll

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2009, 01:48:03 AM »
hulkster,

do you really think that the few yates' pictures you purposfuly select really sum up an entire career?

everyone knows what you do and totally ignores your point.

you could find bad pics of any bber and then claim, they didnt deserve to win.

see below; notice how ronnie is by himself, it would be even worse compared to others:

nice gyno

Great points , stupid Hulkster getting exposed for the troll he is once again.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2009, 04:15:12 AM »
Hulkster,have you ever actually attended ANY contest at any level from the amateurs to the pro`s,because i`ve lost count of the number of times someone has stepped onstage and stood in the lineup,and been that far ahead of everyone else that there has been no need to compare them.I`ve seen this happen at local shows,national shows and pro shows.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2009, 04:32:42 AM »
nasser has the double bi shot, but yates wins the other poses.

are you sure?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2009, 04:33:18 AM »
really are you sure??

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2009, 04:34:36 AM »
sure??..

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2009, 05:13:16 AM »
sure??..

Im pretty sure its still..

Dorian = 6 times Mr. Olympia.

Nasser = NOBODY.

:D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2009, 07:09:22 AM »
That post about Yates alone shows how little Ed knows about bodybuilding. Sounds as ill-informed as mainstream journalists when they make their occasional but typical articles about bodybuilding, bashing everything about it.

Hulkster being a typical ignorant douche as always, in this thread.
But remember Kiwi, the whole BB community agrees with him.  ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2009, 07:11:33 AM »
really are you sure??
You picked the worst possible pics to support your claim. All you can see is fuzzy outlines of the BB's. lol.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2009, 07:31:27 AM »
The truth is, these guys have never been to an Olympia and ignore the criteria of how contests are judged.  They look at a few good or bad photos and can't comprehend how a bodybuilder either won/lost.

Look at the Yates '93 photo shoot video that's been posted many times, particularly his legs.  They are thick from all angles.  That's the way they always looked - it's not apparent in the crappy photos that are always produced.

I saw Yates at multiple contests in the 90s.  He totally dominated.  To say otherwise is just ignorant.

But, if you think from a few photos that you guys know the real story, even though it contradicts the judges, magazines, industry experts,  and quotes from other bodybuilders who were there, knock yourselves out.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2009, 08:35:13 AM »
The truth is, these guys have never been to an Olympia and ignore the criteria of how contests are judged.  They look at a few good or bad photos and can't comprehend how a bodybuilder either won/lost.

Look at the Yates '93 photo shoot video that's been posted many times, particularly his legs.  They are thick from all angles.  That's the way they always looked - it's not apparent in the crappy photos that are always produced.

I saw Yates at multiple contests in the 90s.  He totally dominated.  To say otherwise is just ignorant.

But, if you think from a few photos that you guys know the real story, even though it contradicts the judges, magazines, industry experts,  and quotes from other bodybuilders who were there, knock yourselves out.
Don't worry, Hulkster will be along shortly to attempt to discredit you. Probably by saying eyewitness accounts are worthless.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2009, 09:17:07 AM »
are you sure?

No contest 1996 Yates dominated Nasser again , you can argue about 1997 every other year was NO contest

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2009, 09:22:12 AM »

Great post !

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2009, 02:16:27 PM »
To discredit Dorian based on the same 10 Hulkster-selected pics is ridiculous.  Seemingly everyone who ever saw him in person agrees that he was the thickest, most complete and best conditioned competitor of his era.  Were some of his wins controversial?  Of course, just like 01 and 02 were for Ronnie, 1980 was for Arnold, and 07 was for Jay. 

I attended the Mr. O from 02-06.  In 02, Ronnie was pushed by a small-legged Kevin to the limit.  Ronnie did not stand out that year in person and was lucky to win.  03 and 04 were no contest because Ronnie was SO much bigger than everyone else, he was truly unbelievable.  Hulkster loves to argue that Dorian shouldn't have won after his bicep was torn.  What about Ronnie's 05 win with an atrophied left lat, tricep and quad?

To argue that Ronnie was a better bodybuilder than Dorian is fine.  The sport is subjective and different criteria appeal to different people.   Ronnie was a great Mr. Olympia and probably the freakiest bodybuilder ever.  However, to deny that it would be close between a peak Dorian and a peak Ronnie is complete nonsense.  Was 94 close?  Yes, Dorian was off and Shawn nailed it; however, Dorian's condition was only slightly worse Shawn's best ever (that is how good Dorian was) and he absolutely dwarfed him.

Unless, of course, you have an unhealthy obsession with Dorian such that you have dedicated the majority of time in your life to posting the most unflattering pics as proof of your bullshit.  Honestly, I have never, ever heard of or witnessed someone so obsessed with a bodybuilder.  Hulkster, you are getting more and more pathetic with each post; with each unrelated thread that you hijack; and each post that contains the same 10 Dorian pics you have been posting for YEARS now.  Yes, YEARS.  Dorian clearly owns Hulkster's mind!  

suckmymuscle

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »
  Shawn could never be Mr.Olympia in the 1980s or 90s. He was too small for that era. He would definitely have won it in 77' against Zane and also 79', but Arnold in his 80' form would have beaten him. Too bad for Ray.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2009, 04:52:18 PM »
You picked the worst possible pics to support your claim. All you can see is fuzzy outlines of the BB's. lol.

bad pics are bad for both and good pics are good for both ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »
To discredit Dorian based on the same 10 Hulkster-selected pics is ridiculous.  Seemingly everyone who ever saw him in person agrees that he was the thickest, most complete and best conditioned competitor of his era.  Were some of his wins controversial?  Of course, just like 01 and 02 were for Ronnie, 1980 was for Arnold, and 07 was for Jay. 

I attended the Mr. O from 02-06.  In 02, Ronnie was pushed by a small-legged Kevin to the limit.  Ronnie did not stand out that year in person and was lucky to win.  03 and 04 were no contest because Ronnie was SO much bigger than everyone else, he was truly unbelievable.  Hulkster loves to argue that Dorian shouldn't have won after his bicep was torn.  What about Ronnie's 05 win with an atrophied left lat, tricep and quad?

To argue that Ronnie was a better bodybuilder than Dorian is fine.  The sport is subjective and different criteria appeal to different people.   Ronnie was a great Mr. Olympia and probably the freakiest bodybuilder ever.  However, to deny that it would be close between a peak Dorian and a peak Ronnie is complete nonsense.  Was 94 close?  Yes, Dorian was off and Shawn nailed it; however, Dorian's condition was only slightly worse Shawn's best ever (that is how good Dorian was) and he absolutely dwarfed him.

Unless, of course, you have an unhealthy obsession with Dorian such that you have dedicated the majority of time in your life to posting the most unflattering pics as proof of your bullshit.  Honestly, I have never, ever heard of or witnessed someone so obsessed with a bodybuilder.  Hulkster, you are getting more and more pathetic with each post; with each unrelated thread that you hijack; and each post that contains the same 10 Dorian pics you have been posting for YEARS now.  Yes, YEARS.  Dorian clearly owns Hulkster's mind!  

Great post ! Hulkster = dumb troll

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2009, 04:58:58 PM »
Great post ! Hulkster = dumb troll
ND, Dorian is posting on your MD thread. Try not to get his nuts lodged in your throat on the way back.
BigNationRadio.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »
ND, Dorian is posting on your MD thread. Try not to get his nuts lodged in your throat on the way back.

Funny you should bring that up because I had no clue , maybe I can find room in my throat after your done with him  ;)

I'm still laughing at Dorian never blew anyone off-stage comment  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
Hulkster,have you ever actually attended ANY contest at any level from the amateurs to the pro`s,because i`ve lost count of the number of times someone has stepped onstage and stood in the lineup,and been that far ahead of everyone else that there has been no need to compare them.I`ve seen this happen at local shows,national shows and pro shows.

all that tells us is that biased judging occurs often.

doesn't mean it is right.

and it should NEVER have occured at the sport's biggest show. but it did in 1993.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2009, 05:14:39 PM »
Seemingly everyone who ever saw him in person agrees that he was the thickest, most complete and best conditioned competitor of his era.

LOL check your facts.

others have seen them both compete too you know:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=252142.0

Of course directly.
And I have seen him competing directly 1994 and 1996.

And I say

Dorian is not in the league of Ronnie.
Best Ronnie was from the outer space.
No competition.

your opinion, based on your past posts, is of course as biased as ND's are..which is sad.
Flower Boy Ran Away