Author Topic: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...  (Read 165597 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Shawn Ray on Dorian Yates...
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »
all that tells us is that biased judging occurs often.

doesn't mean it is right.

and it should NEVER have occured at the sport's biggest show. but it did in 1993.. ::)

Boo-hoo it never happened to Ronnie so it's unfair  ::) if it did happen to Ronnie and not Dorian you'd be singing from the roof-tops you can't so it's unfair  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »
LOL check your facts.

others have seen them both compete too you know:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=252142.0

your opinion, based on your past posts, is of course as biased as ND's are..which is sad.

Flex Magazine Jan 1999

Ernie Taylor

" When I saw Ronnie Coleman backstage before the prejudging , it was looking at ' three-D ' again. He looked fantastic. But I think if Dorian ( Yates ) were competing he would have won the show . "

and?

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.

And?

JohnnyTosh GetBig 12-20-07

Hulkster, I have one question for you? .... Were you there in Long Beach in 97?  Because I was.  AND I was there in 93 & 95 in Atlanta & 96 in Chicago.  It's been said a million times. Yates has a Thickness & density from every angle that had to be seen in person, and that NOBODY else had.

I think Milos is awesome. I would LOVE to have his body, but Yates smoked everybody in the totality of ALL poses.  From the side & from the back, yates crushed everybody.

Unless you were there, you cannot really say accurately.  BTW, Demilia gave me tickets right behind the judges every year.

Not flaming, but Yates reigned supreme.. YES. HIS GUT was sticking out in 97 & Nasser looked as good, or maybe a hair better from the front in 97, but when they turned to the side & rear, DORIAN ruled again.

And?

Lee Priest

HOW DO YOU FEEL DORIAN WOULD FAIR AGAINST RONNIE COLEMAN NOW?

I think Dorian at his best (1993) would easily beat Ronnie. Dorian might not be as symmetrical as Ronnie, but all over he was more complete and in better condition at his best.

Thanks for playing

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2009, 07:53:17 PM »
Flex Magazine Jan 1999

Ernie Taylor

" When I saw Ronnie Coleman backstage before the prejudging , it was looking at ' three-D ' again. He looked fantastic. But I think if Dorian ( Yates ) were competing he would have won the show . "

and?

Taken out of FLEX nov 1999, page 90.  interview by jim schmaltz with ronnie before the 99 Olympia.

Jim:  What would have happened last year if Dorian Yates (recently retired winner of 6 straight Mr. Olympias) had competed?

Ronnie:  Dorian would have won again.

Jim: You think so?

Ronnie:  I know so.

And?

JohnnyTosh GetBig 12-20-07

Hulkster, I have one question for you? .... Were you there in Long Beach in 97?  Because I was.  AND I was there in 93 & 95 in Atlanta & 96 in Chicago.  It's been said a million times. Yates has a Thickness & density from every angle that had to be seen in person, and that NOBODY else had.

I think Milos is awesome. I would LOVE to have his body, but Yates smoked everybody in the totality of ALL poses.  From the side & from the back, yates crushed everybody.

Unless you were there, you cannot really say accurately.  BTW, Demilia gave me tickets right behind the judges every year.

Not flaming, but Yates reigned supreme.. YES. HIS GUT was sticking out in 97 & Nasser looked as good, or maybe a hair better from the front in 97, but when they turned to the side & rear, DORIAN ruled again.

And?

Lee Priest

HOW DO YOU FEEL DORIAN WOULD FAIR AGAINST RONNIE COLEMAN NOW?

I think Dorian at his best (1993) would easily beat Ronnie. Dorian might not be as symmetrical as Ronnie, but all over he was more complete and in better condition at his best.

Thanks for playing

a big percentage of your +30000 posts is repeated posts :-X

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2009, 08:17:14 PM »
Boo-hoo it never happened to Ronnie so it's unfair  ::) if it did happen to Ronnie and not Dorian you'd be singing from the roof-tops you can't so it's unfair  ::)

wrong.

I am glad it never happened to ronnie. it would suck if one of his wins was tained with blatant partial predetermined judging that way...

Flower Boy Ran Away

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
Shawn just wasnt big enough to compete with Dorrian
Apples and oranges....I mean watermelon and raisons. ;)
((-::

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2010, 07:44:06 PM »
Then,following the same logic,Dorian just wasn't big enough to compete with Ferrigno in 92 and 93 ::)
The sad thing is that Dorian's win over Shawn in 94 was based on size alone.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2010, 03:17:28 AM »
Shawn said anything to benefit him. Anything that could get him to win because he believed in insanity, presenting the same package every year and expecting a different result each time.

Hulkster, after the 1998 Mr.O Shawn said they weren't giving the title to the best bodybuilder but the most improved. Do you agree with that?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2010, 03:51:24 AM »
Shawn said anything to benefit him. Anything that could get him to win because he believed in insanity, presenting the same package every year and expecting a different result each time.

Hulkster, after the 1998 Mr.O Shawn said they weren't giving the title to the best bodybuilder but the most improved. Do you agree with that?
I had repeated what Shawn said...he actually was predicting the 2009 Mr. O---the most improved bodybuilder. Shawn was talking out his ass, as usually after he lost. Ronnie blasted the competition (Almost, it could have gone either way between him or Flex)

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
Dorian just wasn't big enough to compete with Paul ;)
By the way if Shawn was small for Dorian how he wasn't small for Dillet?...Or the 6'5'' 325 lbs.Ferrigno?...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2010, 09:18:59 AM »
Dorian just wasn't big enough to compete with Paul ;)
By the way if Shawn was small for Dorian how he wasn't small for Dillet?...Or the 6'5'' 325 lbs.Ferrigno?...
paul had no back

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2010, 09:22:27 AM »
paul had no back
So it all comes down to the best overall package after all...And Shawn had it in 94!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2010, 09:33:16 AM »
when shawn was under IFBB contract, he never bashed dorian's wins.

when he was not, he spoke how he really felt. that he was screwed.

this was simply being smart about his career.

he has publicly stated that he felt he should have won in 94, even on this board back when he was on it.

but he would never say that while under contract with Uncle Joe.

a smart move. that would have been career suicide.

Put Milos' legs on Clairmonte's upper body and you have a winner.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2010, 09:41:54 AM »
So it all comes down to the best overall package after all...And Shawn had it in 94!

Not compared to Dorian he didn't

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2010, 09:43:12 AM »
Then,following the same logic,Dorian just wasn't big enough to compete with Ferrigno in 92 and 93 ::)
The sad thing is that Dorian's win over Shawn in 94 was based on size alone.

yup. dorian was bigger. not better that year. although he was certainly wider.

but so was Paul Dillett, and that didn't get him anywhere..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »

think again

dorian was bigger, but not better:

look at the quality of shawn: the vastly superior quads, midsection, cut pecs etc.

dorian was  blob by comparison.

but a bigger blob, and thats all the judges cared about. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »
think again

dorian was bigger, but not better:

look at the quality of shawn: the vastly superior quads, midsection, cut pecs etc.

dorian was  blob by comparison.

but a bigger blob, and thats all the judges cared about. ::)

If you had the slightest idea of how contests are judged you couldn't type with any intelligence that Shawn should have won

Great job picking a few parts and making a blanket statement and thinking you accomplished something , I can always count on you for faulty logic and weak arguments.

Density & Dryness , Balance & proportion , Muscular Bulk , posing & presentation , according to how contests are judged Shawn wasn't even close. wait that's not true he was close......... to third place competitor Levrone whom he ONLY beat by a single point.  ;D

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2010, 10:01:19 AM »
Compared to Dorian of 93 he didn't,but compared to Dorian of 94 he was better overall and so was Kevin.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2010, 10:02:36 AM »
Compared to Dorian of 93 he didn't,but compared to Dorian of 94 he was better overall and so was Kevin.

Compared to Dorian 1994 neither were for every flaw you can find on Dorian I can find on Shawn & Kevin

there was NO contest in 1994

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2010, 10:03:33 AM »
spoken like a true delusional guy.. ::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2010, 10:07:26 AM »
spoken like a true delusional guy.. ::)

Nice pic at least it's not photoshopped  ;D

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »
I was attending the show so no need to shower biased pics in this thread (see Dorian about to hit a tricep shot whilst Kevin and Shawn is already flexing so hard they're about to shit themselves). From the people LIVE in the audience there was never any doubt or never any real contest for first place. I'm daily amazed at these people on Getbig claiming to be bodybuilding fans yet never been to a show, never met a pro, or haven't the faintest idea how contests are judged. Spend 20min researching the criteria the judge are looking for and you'll be FAR better equipped to engage in debate with people that do know these things.

Tarantula157

• Getbig III
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2010, 10:10:27 AM »
Compared to Dorian 1994 neither were for every flaw you can find on Dorian I can find on Shawn & Kevin

there was NO contest in 1994
Dorian had more muscular bulk,but Shaun had better symmetry,proportions,conditioning(in 94!),muscle separation ,details,aesthetics and he was the better poser...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2010, 10:10:42 AM »
Density & Dryness , Balance & proportion , Muscular Bulk , posing & presentation

what is ironic about ND's statement is that in 94 at least, shawn was better conditioned than dorian and had better balance and proportion (torn bi anyone?)

LOL

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »
I was attending the show so no need to shower biased pics in this thread (see Dorian about to hit a tricep shot whilst Kevin and Shawn is already flexing so hard they're about to shit themselves). From the people LIVE in the audience there was never any doubt or never any real contest for first place. I'm daily amazed at these people on Getbig claiming to be bodybuilding fans yet never been to a show, never met a pro, or haven't the faintest idea how contests are judged. Spend 20min researching the criteria the judge are looking for and you'll be FAR better equipped to engage in debate with people that do know these things.

Great post ! internet-bodybuilding fans posting pics of an unflexed Dorian coming to the conclusion he should have lost LMMFAO

Only on Getbig

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
Nice pic at least it's not photoshopped  ;D

considering how awful dorian looks and how great shawn looks, no doubt you wish it were..

but that is typical of 1994. shawn at his best, dorian at his arguable worst.
Flower Boy Ran Away