Author Topic: Taylors Logbook  (Read 31060 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Taylors Logbook
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 08:33:54 AM »
wont you ever compete tbombz?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »
did abs and cardio this morning... fridays are leg day but i almost always wait till saturday to d em and take friday off... idk, i may go bacl later for legs...just depends.

meso ill compete. not yet though. when im ready. i plan on making the first callout, and i want to do a national qualifier. so id like to get better.

coltrane fuck no. i love training but i also love results.  ;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 10:14:09 AM »
Results are sweeter when acheived with what God gave you.

You're cheating.  That's all i'll say on this topic.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »
coltrane if i dont workout guess what happens, i lose muscel. if i workout just a little bit and train like a pussy, guess what? i dont grow muscle.. but when i workout hard and eat consistant ..then i get results...  im just guaranteeing myself that if i DO put in the effort, that i WILL get results. that is all. i was natural for 3 years  and made tons of progress, but after about 6 months of eating nothign but protein and veggies and still not being rippped(and i wasnt fat at all to begin with), althe while doing am cardio everyday for 45 mins and trainign 7 4-5 days a week intensly......and still no clear lower abs and in a t shirt ih look like a tennis player or golfer??    no see i would like to get a little bit more reward for my effort than that

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
coltrane if i dont workout guess what happens, i lose muscel. if i workout just a little bit and train like a pussy, guess what? i dont grow muscle.. but when i workout hard and eat consistant ..then i get results...  im just guaranteeing myself that if i DO put in the effort, that i WILL get results. that is all. i was natural for 3 years  and made tons of progress, but after about 6 months of eating nothign but protein and veggies and still not being rippped(and i wasnt fat at all to begin with), althe while doing am cardio everyday for 45 mins and trainign 7 4-5 days a week intensly......and still no clear lower abs and in a t shirt ih look like a tennis player or golfer??    no see i would like to get a little bit more reward for my effort than that

Training for 3 years natty prior?  You aren't gonna be huge by any means.  I've been natty for 17 years now.. and always have been.  The first bunch of years there was not a lot of size progress.. but strength.  Size comes after years of dedication.  You're taking an easy way out I feel. 

I discussed going on awhile back with a pro bodybuilder out of ohio.  I spoke frank with him about it.  I was about 14 years into training, had great size as a natty.  He told me that if I go on, i'm not gonna wanna come off and it becomes quite an addicition. 
Good luck though.  Just thought that with your interest in the game you woulda stayed natty and worked at it for years.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »
Training for 3 years natty prior?  You aren't gonna be huge by any means.  I've been natty for 17 years now.. and always have been.  The first bunch of years there was not a lot of size progress.. but strength.  Size comes after years of dedication. You're taking an easy way out I feel.

I discussed going on awhile back with a pro bodybuilder out of ohio.  I spoke frank with him about it.  I was about 14 years into training, had great size as a natty.  He told me that if I go on, i'm not gonna wanna come off and it becomes quite an addicition.  
Good luck though.  Just thought that with your interest in the game you woulda stayed natty and worked at it for years.

yeah but the difference is tbombz wants to compete nationally and you don't...

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 07:12:07 PM »
Tbombz is a good all around guy, if he wants to take steroids then good for him, i know his smart enough to know how to use them, i would like to see u compete taylor, i know u love bodybuilding heaps, u should atleast try it

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »
Training for 3 years natty prior?  You aren't gonna be huge by any means.  I've been natty for 17 years now.. and always have been.  The first bunch of years there was not a lot of size progress.. but strength.  Size comes after years of dedication.  You're taking an easy way out I feel. 

I discussed going on awhile back with a pro bodybuilder out of ohio.  I spoke frank with him about it.  I was about 14 years into training, had great size as a natty.  He told me that if I go on, i'm not gonna wanna come off and it becomes quite an addicition. 
Good luck though.  Just thought that with your interest in the game you woulda stayed natty and worked at it for years.
Personaly I think he should of had 5 years of basic training with good basic compounds like he is doing now but hey its his life let him live it as he chooses.
Also being large and lean if you are not a genetic freak you need to top up your hormones.Natties can get big but they never will be big and lean..Imprssive in shirts etc but when it comes time to show off those musacles you worked hard for you cant see them as they are covered in fat.A lean natty looks like a tennis player like taylor said , why suffer?

As long as he doesnt go nuts with huge doses opening himself up to all types of sides and building a bloated mess of a build then hey go hard Tbombz , you have come along way already, should look impressive once you hit the stage.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 10:22:17 PM »
good work taylor, your going to have to come to stockton one of these days so i can put you through a real workout  ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 11:09:53 AM »
im taking today off as well and will do my legs tomorrow. although ill probably do some abs sometime this morning/afternoon.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 01:52:21 PM »
good work taylor, your going to have to come to stockton one of these days so i can put you through a real workout  ;)

Stockton California? I go there from time to time. I work for Duraflame.
S

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »
yep, stockton ca...........i used to train a lady who worked for duraflame. Her name was ginger.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 05:05:41 PM »
I don't recall a Ginger, but I work mainly with the quality department. The last time I was there was in August. 100 plus degree weather.
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »
yeah sure thing ill be coming up there to train whenever you let me know dude! RIGHT NOW I TRAIN

MON- BACK
TUESDAY- SHOULDERS
WEDNESDAY- ARMS
THURSDAY- CHEST
FRIDAY SATURDAY OR SUNDAY- LEGS (THE OTHER TWO ARE OFF)

today i went in and trained legs anyways.

squats 4 sets of ten with wide stance and ass to grass rep range. 225lbs.

machine squats 2 sets of 4 plates a side

leg extension 3/4 stack 4 sets 8 reps

then i did hammies

standing hammie curls full stack 3 sets 7 reps each

adbuctor 50 reps

adductor 50 reps

glute machine 3 sets full stack 8 reps each

seated calf machine 3 sets half stack 8 reps

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »
I notice your first post lacks a max squat #.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
yeah sure thing ill be coming up there to train whenever you let me know dude! RIGHT NOW I TRAIN

MON- BACK
TUESDAY- SHOULDERS
WEDNESDAY- ARMS
THURSDAY- CHEST
FRIDAY SATURDAY OR SUNDAY- LEGS (THE OTHER TWO ARE OFF)

today i went in and trained legs anyways.

squats 4 sets of ten with wide stance and ass to grass rep range. 225lbs.

machine squats 2 sets of 4 plates a side

leg extension 3/4 stack 4 sets 8 reps

then i did hammies

standing hammie curls full stack 3 sets 7 reps each

adbuctor 50 reps

adductor 50 reps

glute machine 3 sets full stack 8 reps each

seated calf machine 3 sets half stack 8 reps
How do you find your power on chest with training arms (triceps) the day before?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 03:40:23 AM »
I notice your first post lacks a max squat #.
probably about 405...ive just started squatting

How do you find your power on chest with training arms (triceps) the day before?
i definitely cant lift as much on chest day if i hit triceps with any intensity the day before. but i can still work out my chest with full intensity and effort even though my triceps cant add much help. the day i got 405 for 1 was a day when i hadnt gotten to workout my arms the day before so my triceps were fresh.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 06:32:12 AM »
Don't hit your shoulders and arms the two days before chest bombz.

do this:

chest
back
shoulders
legs
arms.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 06:58:33 AM »
Don't hit your shoulders and arms the two days before chest bombz.

do this:

chest
back
shoulders
legs
arms.

that would make sense in the point of view that i need my tris and delts to be fresh to push as much weight as possible, but for me the weight is only a tool to work the muscle. i dont care if im lifting less weight than i usually could if my triceps and shoulders could help more, because the amount of stress on the pecs is the same, if not more, when the tris and shoulders are fatiqued/weakened.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 07:43:21 AM »
that would make sense in the point of view that i need my tris and delts to be fresh to push as much weight as possible, but for me the weight is only a tool to work the muscle. i dont care if im lifting less weight than i usually could if my triceps and shoulders could help more, because the amount of stress on the pecs is the same, if not more, when the tris and shoulders are fatiqued/weakened.

So almost like a pre-exhaust? 

Don't forget that your tri's and delt's need time to recover too!  Don't wanna stunt their growth!

Keep up the intensity bombz!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 08:22:46 AM »
i guess it would be the opposite of pre exhaust as traditionally defined. normally pre exhaust means getting a pump in a muscle with an isolation movement before doing a compound movement to try to maximize the recruitment of the target muscle.  whereas the pre exhaustion of my tris and delts on previous workouts serves to minimize their involvement. although i didnt set up my routine for that purpouse, it just works out that way.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 09:15:33 AM »
yesterday

deadlifts

405X8
405X6
405X5
405X4

pulldowns
fullstack 3 sets of 10

machine pullovers
3/4 stack 10 reps
full stack 5 reps

rope pullovers
3 sets 10

hammer strength med/high rows
3/4 stack 2 sets 8 reps

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 08:14:23 PM »
smith BNP
225lbs. 5 sets X 10 reps

smith upright rows
135X5
185X5
225X5X2sets
185X10

dumbell side laterals
30lbs 4 sets 10 reps no cheating starting from the side of my leg.

machine press
full stack 2 sets 6 reps

cable rear delts 1 set 30 reps half stack... 3/4 stack X 8 reps.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 08:48:55 AM »
nice.  8)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »
Can-did,  do you workout at the Fit Factory or the other ones in Manteca?
F