Author Topic: Obama to end "Dont ask, Dont' tell"  (Read 14055 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Obama to end "Dont ask, Dont' tell"
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2010, 11:47:41 PM »
Excerpts from the current  "Don't ask"......policy. Oddly Powell doesn't serve, Mullen will NEVER have to hotbunk with a fag...shower with a fag....etc etc etc. The outright anger this is causing every time we see this crap on the news is amazing. I've had every media outlet I've ever given an email to, contacting me looking for a quote.  The average soldier doesn't want to deal with this crap. Don't ask works.....leave it alone. This is th left's agenda being cramed down the last bastion of tradition, honor and patriotism left in this country. My hate for the Left is undying. U want to suck a cock...be my guest...but u don't get to do it openly, u don't get to do anything that will endanger my life, or  lower the morale of my unit.

Taken from Blackfive.net

2) There is no constitutional right to serve in the armed forces.

(3) ... it lies within the discretion of the Congress to establish qualifications for and conditions of service in the armed forces.

(8) Military life is fundamentally different from civilian life in that ... the military society is characterized by its own laws, rules, customs, and traditions, including numerous restrictions on personal behavior, that would not be acceptable in civilian society.

(12) The worldwide deployment of United States military forces, the international responsibilities of the United States, and the potential for involvement of the armed forces in actual combat routinely make it necessary for members of the armed forces involuntarily to accept living conditions and working conditions that are often spartan, primitive, and characterized by forced intimacy with little or no privacy.

(13) The prohibition against homosexual conduct is a longstanding element of military law that continues to be necessary in the unique circumstances of military service.

(14) The armed forces must maintain personnel policies that exclude persons whose presence in the armed forces would create an unacceptable risk to the armed forces’ high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability.

(15) The presence in the armed forces of persons who demonstrate a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts would create an unacceptable risk to the high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability.

The entire policy can be found here. And it is well worth reading.

So exactly what about homosexuality has changed since 1993? Do openly gay soldiers all of a sudden not damage "morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion?

L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2010, 01:37:51 AM »
Excerpts from the current  "Don't ask"......policy. Oddly Powell doesn't serve, Mullen will NEVER have to hotbunk with a fag...shower with a fag....etc etc etc. The outright anger this is causing every time we see this crap on the news is amazing. I've had every media outlet I've ever given an email to, contacting me looking for a quote.  The average soldier doesn't want to deal with this crap. Don't ask works.....leave it alone. This is th left's agenda being cramed down the last bastion of tradition, honor and patriotism left in this country. My hate for the Left is undying. U want to suck a cock...be my guest...but u don't get to do it openly, u don't get to do anything that will endanger my life, or  lower the morale of my unit.

Taken from Blackfive.net

(3) ... it lies within the discretion of the Congress to establish qualifications for and conditions of service in the armed forces.

(8) Military life is fundamentally different from civilian life in that ... the military society is characterized by its own laws, rules, customs, and traditions, including numerous restrictions on personal behavior, that would not be acceptable in civilian society.

(12) The worldwide deployment of United States military forces, the international responsibilities of the United States, and the potential for involvement of the armed forces in actual combat routinely make it necessary for members of the armed forces involuntarily to accept living conditions and working conditions that are often spartan, primitive, and characterized by forced intimacy with little or no privacy.

(13) The prohibition against homosexual conduct is a longstanding element of military law that continues to be necessary in the unique circumstances of military service.

(14) The armed forces must maintain personnel policies that exclude persons whose presence in the armed forces would create an unacceptable risk to the armed forces’ high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability.

(15) The presence in the armed forces of persons who demonstrate a propensity or intent to engage in homosexual acts would create an unacceptable risk to the high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability.

So exactly what about homosexuality has changed since 1993? Do openly gay soldiers all of a sudden not damage "morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion?

YOUR job is to Follow orders, not make them. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2010, 02:29:12 AM »
No asshole my job is to preserve the integrity and fighting spirit of my unit and the US Army. I didn't take an oath to barry..my oath is to the Constitution.  My job is not to bow to some fringe left-wing group thats serves to further its own sexual agenda by shoving the rest of us with their bullshit. My job has been for 3 tours to ensure the safety of  my soldiers. This policy, if lifted will at some point imperil both the lives of them as well as any gay person wishing to serve. I'm sure the vast majority of serving gays wish to remain in the closet and get on with their careers. I look with suspision on any openly gay person wishing to join an organization that built upon goals, values and ideals completely foreign to them and their way of life. Plenty of gays have served honorably from the closet. This is the left's attempt to damage a values based organization that they neither understand nor like. Fuck them..,...
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2010, 04:39:29 AM »
Bro - you wouldnt last a day in the military. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2010, 05:34:09 AM »
I know..I'm doomed.  In other news I actually got hit by a truck yesterday. An IP (police) truck ran through a crowd while I was talking to a reporter. Rolled over my leg and heel. Managed to get out before any real damage was done. I about put my fist through the windshield. I fully expect this to make UTUBE...they got it all on tape. It should be captioned...US soldier attacks helpless police truck with fist. The two morons driving looked at me like a pic staring at a wrist watch. Our terp was screaming at them....all I got out was a string of fuck u's...in rather unique combinations. If things unravel in Iraq its my fault.  ;D
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2010, 05:36:31 AM »
I know..I'm doomed.  In other news I actually got hit by a truck yesterday. An IP (police) truck ran through a crowd while I was talking to a reporter. Rolled over my leg and heel. Managed to get out before any real damage was done. I about put my fist through the windshield. I fully expect this to make UTUBE...they got it all on tape. It should be captioned...US soldier attacks helpless police truck with fist. The two morons driving looked at me like a pic staring at a wrist watch. Our terp was screaming at them....all I got out was a string of fuck u's...in rather unique combinations. If things unravel in Iraq its my fault.  ;D

Getting a sick chit?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2010, 05:43:39 AM »

Stay safe you fucker!

The driver was probably a communist, homosexual that's been monitoring your posts on GetBig. :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2010, 05:48:49 AM »
It might well have been. I got lucky...bruise on hammy...perfect tire print on my damm near 160.00 Oakly boots..and sorta bruised heel. I was worried about my knee but the ashfault had sand on it so I slide as he went into me. I hit legs today...no permanant damage. I love these people sooooo much. Things have heated up a bit since we're closing in on the elections.
L

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2010, 05:53:46 AM »
It might well have been. I got lucky...bruise on hammy...perfect tire print on my damm near 160.00 Oakly boots..and sorta bruised heel. I was worried about my knee but the ashfault had sand on it so I slide as he went into me. I hit legs today...no permanant damage. I love these people sooooo much. Things have heated up a bit since we're closing in on the elections.

You seem like the knife type.... strider or emerson?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2010, 05:59:47 AM »
haha....thats funny. I brough 3 or 4 small ones but I never carry them..even my leatherman...I'm always borrowing somebodies. I have a small Smith@Wesson flip knife thats as sharp as the day I bought it. Its on my bodyarmour and expect it to collect dust until I redeploy. Some guys love em. Alot go with Benchmark knives.
L

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2010, 06:07:41 AM »
how many of you gay rights activists are for unisex locker rooms and bathrooms?

all for unisex bathrooms.  have used them before. usually much cleaner than the men's. 
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2010, 08:29:56 AM »
all for unisex bathrooms.  have used them before. usually much cleaner than the men's. 

Ha,ha,how is it possible to pee on the floor at urinal?Yet everyday,there is the same puddle of piss at the urinal  in the mens room at work.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2010, 09:10:03 AM »
what strikes me as rather amusing is that everyone thinks, HH6 included, that he doesn't already shower with gays, bunk with them etc.   Hate to break it to you bro but there are probably a few gay guys in your platoon right now.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »
what strikes me as rather amusing is that everyone thinks, HH6 included, that he doesn't already shower with gays, bunk with them etc.   Hate to break it to you bro but there are probably a few gay guys in your platoon right now.

Yeah, and maybe they value their jobs and career more than being flaming homos and disrupting the morale of those they serve with. 

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2010, 09:14:17 AM »
Yeah, and maybe they value their jobs and career more than being flaming homos and disrupting the morale of those they serve with. 

What a misconception you have there 333.  Not everyone who is gay is a 'flaming homo' and wishes to flaunt it.  I'm sure most military people will choose to keep their sexuality their own business.  Just now they can't be fired if anyone finds out. 
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »

Thats a silly argument.I also think my food in restraunts may be dropped on the floor every once in a while,as long as I dont know,it somehow makes it better.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2010, 09:17:26 AM »
What a misconception you have there 333.  Not everyone who is gay is a 'flaming homo' and wishes to flaunt it.  I'm sure most military people will choose to keep their sexuality their own business.  Just now they can't be fired if anyone finds out. 

I will take HH6 version before yours any day since he actually serves in the Corps and has been through it all.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
I will take HH6 version before yours any day since he actually serves in the Corps and has been through it all.  

You can take his version all you wish, he's homophobic so he's always going to have bias.  Fact is the President gets final say.  The military leadership is for this, perhaps HH6 should write them a letter showing his displeasure with their stance.  They are his superiors and they are all for this.  That's all i need as further confirmation that this is a good decision.
Abandon every hope...

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2010, 09:38:41 AM »

I'd rather shower with women if they aren't fat or ugly.

Tommy makes good sense. It's not simple as "just because someone's gay doesn't mean they want to be gay with you", in the military men shit, shower and shave together daily. That level of intimacy is hard to maintain if there's any sexual tension, real or imagined. Besides, even if you're fat, ugly or whatever someone will still hit it if times are tough. :)

Anyone who believes the rule has anything to do with homophobia is either a liar or idiot. Most of these idiots hate America anyways so having a weak, dysfunctional military is 100% OK in their books.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2010, 10:19:14 AM »
Excerpts from the current  "Don't ask"......policy. Oddly Powell doesn't serve, Mullen will NEVER have to hotbunk with a fag...shower with a fag....etc etc etc. The outright anger this is causing every time we see this crap on the news is amazing. I've had every media outlet I've ever given an email to, contacting me looking for a quote.  The average soldier doesn't want to deal with this crap. Don't ask works.....leave it alone. This is th left's agenda being cramed down the last bastion of tradition, honor and patriotism left in this country. My hate for the Left is undying. U want to suck a cock...be my guest...but u don't get to do it openly, u don't get to do anything that will endanger my life, or  lower the morale of my unit.

Taken from Blackfive.net

To add to your statement, the Armed Forces differ in that they can throw you out for violating other behavior, typically deemed to be immoral, like adultery, which is a direct violation of the UCMJ.

You can get thrown out for whoring around, for being too fat, for being too weak, for being a crackhead, or a drunk (under certain conditions), etc.

And, it's really dumb for guys to complain about "Don't Ask; Don't Tell", suc as that dope "Lt" Dan Choi, ESPECIALLY when he signed paperwork, stating that HE AGREES TO COMPLY with the DoD policy on homosexual behavior.

In particular goes the part that, if he comes out and says he's a homosexual, the Army can THROW HIM OUT. He agreed to play by those rules.

As to what's changed about homosexuality, the claim is that the younger generation is more accepting of homosexuality than their senior leadership. That may be true to a point. But, they are hardly as accepting as the left would have you to believe.

Heck, this website is a prime example of that. Even among  people don't have religious faith or beliefs, what's THE NUMBER ONE way that GetBig posters insult other GetBiggers on this and other forums?

They accused them of being GAY (i.e. they've been "outed", they "love the cock", etc.,).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2010, 10:23:14 AM »
I'd rather shower with women if they aren't fat or ugly.

Tommy makes good sense. It's not simple as "just because someone's gay doesn't mean they want to be gay with you", in the military men shit, shower and shave together daily. That level of intimacy is hard to maintain if there's any sexual tension, real or imagined. Besides, even if you're fat, ugly or whatever someone will still hit it if times are tough. :)

Anyone who believes the rule has anything to do with homophobia is either a liar or idiot. Most of these idiots hate America anyways so having a weak, dysfunctional military is 100% OK in their books.

I just asked my buddy who is a Army Captain about this and he is pissed off!  He said DADT is fine.  BTW is is black and hates what obama is doing.   

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2010, 10:24:50 AM »
You can take his version all you wish, he's homophobic so he's always going to have bias.  Fact is the President gets final say.  The military leadership is for this, perhaps HH6 should write them a letter showing his displeasure with their stance.  They are his superiors and they are all for this.  That's all i need as further confirmation that this is a good decision.

WRONG!! The President does NOT have the final say, for one simple reason: "Don't Ask; Don't Tell" (DADT) wasn't an executive order. It is a law, and at last check, CONGRESS must make the bill, not the President. All he does is sign them to make them laws.

Remember this: A DEMOCRATIC Congress passed the DADT bill, which a Democratic president signed into law. I seriously doubt that the makeup of Congress has changed that drastically, to the point where there's a wholesale shift in view about homosexuality and the military.

On top of that, by the time Gates gets done with his "study", the Dems may no longer be in power, anyway.

Basically, as stated earlier, this was merely to throw the gays a bone, in an attempt to rally the troops and recover from the beating they took two weeks ago, having lost the supermajority in the Senate (and, ObamaCare, along with it).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »
No asshole my job is to preserve the integrity and fighting spirit of my unit and the US Army. I didn't take an oath to barry..my oath is to the Constitution.  My job is not to bow to some fringe left-wing group thats serves to further its own sexual agenda by shoving the rest of us with their bullshit. My job has been for 3 tours to ensure the safety of  my soldiers. This policy, if lifted will at some point imperil both the lives of them as well as any gay person wishing to serve. I'm sure the vast majority of serving gays wish to remain in the closet and get on with their careers. I look with suspision on any openly gay person wishing to join an organization that built upon goals, values and ideals completely foreign to them and their way of life. Plenty of gays have served honorably from the closet. This is the left's attempt to damage a values based organization that they neither understand nor like. Fuck them..,...
Blah Blah Blah, you follow orders and if the order comes down that you have to bunk with gays....Guess what, you bunk with gays.

Live with it Shirley, you chose to be an order follower in the military.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2010, 11:49:01 AM »
Ha,ha,how is it possible to pee on the floor at urinal?Yet everyday,there is the same puddle of piss at the urinal  in the mens room at work.
precisely my point. most men are pigs and slobs.  the unisex bathrooms i've used are much cleaner.
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2010, 02:11:49 PM »
This would be a non issue if we reinstated the draft.