Author Topic: Teen Gets Abortion With Help of Her Seattle High School  (Read 4547 times)

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
Re: Teen Gets Abortion With Help of Her Seattle High School
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »
hell you cant get a beeper at 15 lol    it is obserd to be able to get abortions without consent

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »
do you think that they should be able to go get tit jobs at 15 without parental consent? how about lipsuction?

any other medical procedure?

lol.  Not really issues I would compare to abortion, but, if they saved their money, thought through the consequences and chose to get those procedures, I suppose I wouldn't have a strong objection.

Now that brings up another issue.  I'm not fond of other people paying for this kids abortion.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 08:50:33 PM »
not only did they pay for that they paid for the fucking taxi,  like they couldnt wait to get her there and get it done...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
lol.  Not really issues I would compare to abortion, but, if they saved their money, thought through the consequences and chose to get those procedures, I suppose I wouldn't have a strong objection.

Now that brings up another issue.  I'm not fond of other people paying for this kids abortion.
forget the idea of abortion the problem is the idea that a person who is not of the age of legal consent can have a medical procedure without the consent of their legal guardian...abortion(which in my mind makes this more heinous) is simply how this issue has presented itself in this instance.

what about dating older men at 15? if they thought through the consequences and chose to date a 30 yr old lets say?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:41 PM »

I have 2 daughters, both older than this girl.  Amazingly, they're not out committing crimes, doing drugs, or anything else.  The real issue seems to be that you don't think a 15 year old can consent to a procedure on her own body and I do.

I have daughters too and I disagree.  A fifteen-year-old girl cannot consent to sex.  She isn't old enough to make decisions about a medical procedure like this.  A hospital wouldn't perform elective surgery on a girl this age without her parents' consent.  The fact a procedure of this magnitude is permissible with deliberate concealment  by the state (assuming it's a public school) and a federally funded abortion mill is just wrong.  Yes it's the people of the state of Washington who allow this, but it's still wrong IMO. They should change the law. 

But regarding teenagers, they typically do not appreciate the long-term consequences of their actions. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
forget the idea of abortion the problem is the idea that a person who is not of the age of legal consent can have a medical procedure without the consent of their legal guardian...abortion(which in my mind makes this more heinous) is simply how this issue has presented itself in this instance.

what about dating older men at 15? if they thought through the consequences and chose to date a 30 yr old lets say?

lol.  Didn't read this till after my post.  I agree.   :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 09:22:55 PM »
I would love to see the girl come back and sue the school and planned parent hood for this as she is not at the age of legal consent, I would like to see how the state rules on that...

ppl under the age of 18 in the vast majority of cases cannot enter into an enforceable legal contract. Which is not to say they cant enter into a contract if the party entering with them is willing only that in the vast majority of cases those contracts are unenforceable by that party. So any and all waivers etc she may have signed are basically worthless to planned parent hood in court.  

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 09:24:38 PM »
legally anything not signed in front of 2 lawyers, a notarty or a judge are junk,  no matter of age 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 09:27:25 PM »
legally anything not signed in front of 2 lawyers, a notarty or a judge are junk,  no matter of age 
I dont know about that Ive never heard anything along those lines and courts dont have any problems enforcing contracts that arent signed in front of judges, lawyers or notaries...

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 09:32:34 PM »
i have seen companies get sued the pants off of, and they had the lil disclaimer waiver b.s.     there is no proof that you actually signed, it,  then they can argue were you forced, were you high or drunk and not in a proper state of mind to make the choice, where you tricked into signing something unlawfully, ect..  its a long list ,   man  being in business for myself i see and here all kinds of stories.  if you want anything to hold up atleast have a notary present, most dont charge anything if you go to them

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 09:42:50 PM »
I just don't really care about this kind of stuff.  I'd never raise the kind of idiot whore that would do something like this, and no one in my family would, so I really just don't care.   :-\
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
If you've failed as a parent, and raised the kind of girl that would do something so despicable, do you even deserve to know?
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »
Eyeball you should talk to parents whose kids have made mistakes.  Not every kid who does dumb things is a "whore" and not every parent of kids who make mistakes is a failure. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 10:05:47 PM »
Eyeball you should talk to parents whose kids have made mistakes.  Not every kid who does dumb things is a "whore" and not every parent of kids who make mistakes is a failure.  

The kind of girl that has a conscience that would allow them to get an abortion at a young age (killing your parents grandchild as some of you like to put it) without telling their mom or dad is really fucking crazy if you ask me... Maybe I'm just weird...  I think something like that is light years beyond just being a "mistake"...  

Something has to be seriously wrong in that case...  :(
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 10:37:16 PM »
i have seen companies get sued the pants off of, and they had the lil disclaimer waiver b.s.     there is no proof that you actually signed, it,  then they can argue were you forced, were you high or drunk and not in a proper state of mind to make the choice, where you tricked into signing something unlawfully, ect..  its a long list ,   man  being in business for myself i see and here all kinds of stories.  if you want anything to hold up atleast have a notary present, most dont charge anything if you go to them
well you can sue for anything...you cant succesfully sue for anything but you can file a law suit for anything

actually everything you said all falls under the person have "capacity" to enter into a contract...to have capacity you have to have 2 things one of which is an understanding of the consequences of the contract which is why contracts with minors are not generally enforceable by the other party even though they are generally enforceable by the minor as the minor legally does not have capacity until the age of 18.

you can also not be forced into a contract I forget the technical name for it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 10:40:25 PM »
i have seen companies get sued the pants off of, and they had the lil disclaimer waiver b.s.     there is no proof that you actually signed, it,  then they can argue were you forced, were you high or drunk and not in a proper state of mind to make the choice, where you tricked into signing something unlawfully, ect..  its a long list ,   man  being in business for myself i see and here all kinds of stories.  if you want anything to hold up atleast have a notary present, most dont charge anything if you go to them
If I were you and you are worried about it and you have your clients sign something I would put something in it about agreeing to arbitration by signing this document. That way at least you avoid a costly and lengthy law suit, most online business have a clause that forces arbitration and nobody really ever pays attention to it until they try to file a lawsuit and get a notice saying that they agreed to arbitration.

Arbitration is legally binding as well.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
If I were you and you are worried about it and you have your clients sign something I would put something in it about agreeing to arbitration by signing this document. That way at least you avoid a costly and lengthy law suit, most online business have a clause that forces arbitration and nobody really ever pays attention to it until they try to file a lawsuit and get a notice saying that they agreed to arbitration.

Arbitration is legally binding as well.

What?

What are you talking about?

???
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »
What?

What are you talking about?

???
sorry broham that was meant for body I accidentally quoted you its fixed now

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 11:30:36 PM »
sorry broham that was meant for body I accidentally quoted you its fixed now

Ohhhhhh I see, I didn't look at any other posts and I didn't get it.  Sorry!  ;D
S

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 11:36:25 PM »
Ohhhhhh I see, I didn't look at any other posts and I didn't get it.  Sorry!  ;D
LOL np it was my mistake

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 06:35:14 AM »
The law specifically allows doctors to administer birth control, STD treatment and in some states abortion to teens. Teenagers may not share (or have to be held liable for) some of their parent's values.

I'm not needlessly flippant about abortion. It's just one of those distractions I'm sick of people arguing about when much bigger evils are afoot. I'm even tired of asking people who insist less regulation will make the country a better place why they feel a moral/spiritual obligation to legislate control the bodies of others.

There's just no entertainment value left in the issue for me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2010, 07:35:44 AM »
The law specifically allows doctors to administer birth control, STD treatment and in some states abortion to teens. Teenagers may not share (or have to be held liable for) some of their parent's values.

I'm not needlessly flippant about abortion. It's just one of those distractions I'm sick of people arguing about when much bigger evils are afoot. I'm even tired of asking people who insist less regulation will make the country a better place why they feel a moral/spiritual obligation to legislate control the bodies of others.

There's just no entertainment value left in the issue for me.
I agree about the spiritual comment my feeling is if you dont like others pushing their personal beliefs on you than you shouldnt push them on others who are unwilling...

but there are plenty and I mean PLENTY of reasons to be against abortion that have not one thing to do with religion. There is also a legitimate question here as to why a person who is not of the legal age of consent can have a medical procedure without their guardians approval...

just stating b/c its the law doesnt make it right as Ive pointed out slavery was once legal but it was still wrong.

can you think of any other medical procedures that can be performed on a minor without parental consent doc?

newmom

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2010, 07:39:56 AM »
Eyeball you should talk to parents whose kids have made mistakes.  Not every kid who does dumb things is a "whore" and not every parent of kids who make mistakes is a failure. 

Excellent Point.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 07:41:07 AM »
I agree about the spiritual comment my feeling is if you dont like others pushing their personal beliefs on you than you shouldnt push them on others who are unwilling...

but there are plenty and I mean PLENTY of reasons to be against abortion that have not one thing to do with religion. There is also a legitimate question here as to why a person who is not of the legal age of consent can have a medical procedure without their guardians approval...

just stating b/c its the law doesnt make it right as Ive pointed out slavery was once legal but it was still wrong.

can you think of any other medical procedures that can be performed on a minor without parental consent doc?

Guardians can be wrong, misinformed, ignorant, stupid, etc... Having children doesn't mean you're smart or competent to make decisions for others. It simply means you could have children. :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »
The kind of girl that has a conscience that would allow them to get an abortion at a young age (killing your parents grandchild as some of you like to put it) without telling their mom or dad is really fucking crazy if you ask me... Maybe I'm just weird...  I think something like that is light years beyond just being a "mistake"...  

Something has to be seriously wrong in that case...  :(

You should talk to parents who have raised teenagers.  They do some pretty dumb things sometimes.  Bill Cosby was right:  kids are brain damaged.   :)