Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63933 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2010, 09:06:41 AM »

LOL!!!  Having a direct and logical conversation with Christians is like trying to nail jelly to the wall. 
Exactly. I asked MCWAY for empirical proof of Noah pages ago, and got a anecdotal mishmash of answer in return. Succeeding pages have seen nothing but obfuscatory 'religious' rhetoric. It's basically post-count attrition.  

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2010, 09:09:37 AM »
You aren't answering my post.  I don't give a shit about Horus.  I'm asking you about the fallacies that people follow today about Christianity and was is taught by the church vs. the origination of the actual religion.

Got tied up with Lurker. If you asked me about the fallacies that people follow today, it seems a bit odd that you'd be upset when I mention such fallacies. Yes, they involved the claims about Jesus and Horus. That's why I pointed out: His date of birth is NOT stated as Dec. 25 (or any Hebrew date corresponding to such), wise men, instead of kings (exact number ungiven), and they find Him when He's about two years old, not immediately after birth (as Nativity scenes depict).

If by "the Church" you mean the Roman Catholic Church, what fallacies specifically do you wish to discuss?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #302 on: April 29, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »
Exactly. I asked MCWAY for empirical proof of Noah pages ago, and got a anecdotal mishmash of answer in return. Succeeding pages have seen nothing but obfuscatory 'religious' rhetoric. It's basically post-count attrition.  

Try that again. I said that "the fact remains" within numerous cultures, past and present, there is a consensus that this planet was destroyed by a global flood.

After I made that statement, you jumped in, asking me for empirical proof. And, I did in fact display proof that numerous cultures and civilizations (some of which were not associated with Ancient Middle East) had such flood accounts.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #303 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:15 AM »
BINGO!  Now you are talking rational.  90% of what people follow today as religion in Christianity, Judaism, Islam is tradition and not actual relgion.

I wouldn't go that far to say "90%". But, I've stated, on several occasions, that there are several traditions and doctrine (at least, regarding Christianity) that have no basis in Scripture.

But, as the saying goes, you don't throw out the baby with the bathwater (as some skpetics tend to do).

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #304 on: April 29, 2010, 09:17:42 AM »
Try that again. I said that "the fact remains" within numerous cultures, past and present, there is a consensus that this planet was destroyed by a global flood.

After I made that statement, you jumped in, asking me for empirical proof. And, I did in fact display proof that numerous cultures and civilizations (some of which were not associated with Ancient Middle East) had such flood accounts.
Try what again? You either don't know what empirical means, or you're just waffling again.

Do you have empirical proof: YES or NO. It's that simple

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #305 on: April 29, 2010, 09:21:31 AM »
Try what again? You either don't know what empirical means, or you're just waffling again.

yes..In his mind all that it takes is a few different cultures to have had a flood around the same time...what more proof do you need!!!
DAWG

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #306 on: April 29, 2010, 09:30:15 AM »
Many Christians know Jesus wasn't born Dec. 25. The date assigned to honor His birth simply stuck out of tradition. If there's something that Christians are supposedly blindly following, then it's brought up and discussed accordingly.
But isn't it a Pagan tradition and forbidden according to scripture?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #307 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:38 AM »

WRONG!! I take their accusations, analyze them, and cut them up using the actual facts of the matter.

Just as actual facts - or rather lack of - is what cuts up your little religion and beliefs.

Again... Hypocrisy...  Nourishment for the Christian Soul it appears.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: April 29, 2010, 09:44:09 AM »
The date assigned to honor His birth simply stuck out of tradition.

Out of what tradition?   Same tradition that spawned the same birth date for Mirtha, Horus, etc...

It is simple contradictions like this that makes religious retards the laughing stock of the modern world.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: April 29, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
But, I've stated, on several occasions, that there are several traditions and doctrine (at least, regarding Christianity) that have no basis in Scripture.

So you are saying that only selective parts of the Bible are relevant and factual?  Or to be followed?  Who made this determination what traditions and doctrines are the basis of the current Scripture? 

If the Bible is Gods Word, then who are YOU or anyone else to determine which parts of it is relevant and which parts of it are not?

Ok, answer now and let's see the hypocrisy and contradictions. 

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #310 on: April 29, 2010, 09:49:31 AM »

In theist terminology empirical = anecdotal.

Duh. :P

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #311 on: April 29, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »

I've already shown the proof....THAT MUTLIPLE CULTURES cite a global flood as destroying life on Earth, with a few survivors building a vessels and storing animals on them. That is the statement I made, and I've cited the sources that back them.

And, in true bait-and-switch fashion, you've tried to claim that you asked me about empirical proof about the Flood itself, a claim which I never made.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #312 on: April 29, 2010, 10:58:19 AM »
So you are saying that only selective parts of the Bible are relevant and factual?  Or to be followed? Who made this determination what traditions and doctrines are the basis of the current Scripture? 

If the Bible is Gods Word, then who are YOU or anyone else to determine which parts of it is relevant and which parts of it are not?

Ok, answer now and let's see the hypocrisy and contradictions. 

O Phonically-challeneged one. Read what I stated earlier, AGAIN. "But, I've stated, on several occasions, that there are several traditions and doctrine (at least, regarding Christianity) that have no basis in Scripture."

If it has no basis in Scripture, it's NOT among the "selective parts of the Bible". Therefore, neither I nor anyone else is determining what is relevant and what is not.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2010, 10:58:19 AM »
I've already shown the proof....THAT MUTLIPLE CULTURES cite a global flood as destroying life on Earth, with a few survivors building a vessels and storing animals on them. That is the statement I made, and I've cited the sources that back them.

And, in true bait-and-switch fashion, you've tried to claim that you asked me about empirical proof about the Flood itself, a claim which I never made.

The logistics of this happening are slim to none.  One man would take decades to build such a ship alone. Plus that is if he had tools and wood from Home Depot, let alone probably having to blacksmith his own nails and getting the lumber needed.  They how did he push this massive ship out to sea?  Was it a sailboat?  Must have been.  Imagine a sail boat the size of the titanic, where do you find the sheets big enough for those sails.  Plus how did he manage to lure the animals on the ship.  I'd assume trapping two lions, two tigers, two cheetahs, two jaguars are no easy task.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
The logistics of this happening are slim to none.  One man would take decades to build such a ship alone. Plus that is if he had tools and wood from Home Depot, let alone probably having to blacksmith his own nails and getting the lumber needed.  They how did he push this massive ship out to sea?  Was it a sailboat?  Must have been.  Imagine a sail boat the size of the titanic, where do you find the sheets big enough for those sails.  Plus how did he manage to lure the animals on the ship.  I'd assume trapping two lions, two tigers, two cheetahs, two jaguars are no easy task.

Who said Noah built the Ark alone? That's definitely not in the account. As far as time is concerned, it's 120 years, between the time judgment is brought on the Earth and the time the Flood actually occurs. How much of that time it took for Noah and company to build the Ark is not mentioned.

And, there'd be no need for sails. Sails are for powering and navigating a boat to go from point A to point B. There's nowhere for Noah to go, if the planet is flooded for over a year. The Ark needs only to stay afloat and store the animals, Noah, and his family.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
Who said Noah built the Ark alone? That's definitely not in the account. As far as time is concerned, it's 120 years, between the time judgment is brought on the Earth and the time the Flood actually occurs. How much of that time it took for Noah and company to build the Ark is not mentioned.

And, there'd be no need for sails. Sails are for powering and navigating a boat to go from point A to point B. There's nowhere for Noah to go, if the planet is flooded for over a year. The Ark needs only to stay afloat and store the animals, Noah, and his family.

So then are humans today descendants of Noah?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2010, 11:23:26 AM »
So then are humans today descendants of Noah?

It would appear that way.

BTW, you may want to take a glance at a book, that I bought about 5 years ago, entitled Noah's Ark: A Feasibility Study.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: April 29, 2010, 11:26:34 AM »
O Phonically-challeneged one. Read what I stated earlier, AGAIN. "But, I've stated, on several occasions, that there are several traditions and doctrine (at least, regarding Christianity) that have no basis in Scripture."

If it has no basis in Scripture, it's NOT among the "selective parts of the Bible". Therefore, neither I nor anyone else is determining what is relevant and what is not.

So what you are admitting to is that Christians are following traditions and beliefs that are not in the Bible.  Gotcha!  Yeah.  Exactly what I was sarcastically pointing out.

What it is based on then?  The parts of the Bible that were selectively left out?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #318 on: April 29, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »
How old was Noah again? ;)
DAWG

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #319 on: April 29, 2010, 11:40:48 AM »

More waffling and sophistry from MCSWAY. We'll take that as a NO. Here's Wiki's definition of Empirical for you. I've bolded the important bits for you.

"The word empirical denotes information gained by means of observation, experience, or experiment.[1]  A central concept in science and the scientific method is that all evidence  must be empirical, or empirically based, that is, dependent on evidence or consequences that are observable by the senses. It is usually differentiated from the philosophic usage of empiricism  by the use of the adjective empirical or the adverb empirically. The term refers to the use of working hypotheses  that are testable using observation  or experiment. In this sense of the word, scientific statements are subject to and derived from our experiences or observations. Empirical data is data that is produced by experiment or observation."

Fairy tales like Noah and his Ark, Baba Yaga or any of the Greek myths may be entertaining but are about as empirical as pigs flying.    

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #320 on: April 29, 2010, 11:46:49 AM »
My thoughts on this debate aside, i'll just chime in that similarities with Horus and Jesus are about the same as the similarities of Satan and Jesus.

Being versed in Egyptian mythology (don't ask) during my college years, Horus and Jesus are very different, by origin, life and death.

Carry on.
Deep Tissue Massage

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #321 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »
Fairy tales like Noah and his Ark, Baba Yaga or any of the Greek myths may be entertaining but are about as empirical as pigs flying.    

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: April 29, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »
How old was Noah again? ;)

Well obviously more than 120 years old since that is how long it took for the ark to be finished.

If you can believe that.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #323 on: April 29, 2010, 11:55:47 AM »
Well obviously more than 120 years old since that is how long it took for the ark to be finished.

If you can believe that.

and that he fathered what we know as mankind today.

Imagine that. Noah and his wife were able to father children that eventually became what we know as Asians, Blacks, whites etc....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »