Author Topic: Science vs the Bible  (Read 15627 times)

theonlyone

Re: Science vs the Bible
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 10:55:15 AM »
 Toxic excuse me it feels your iq level, wishing you the further improvements, no further comment

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 11:35:01 AM »
Toxic excuse me it feels your iq level, wishing you the further improvements, no further comment
???

i speak english...not retard

carpe` vaginum!

theonlyone

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 11:55:58 AM »
 1) Uncertanity principle - an object cannot be in 2 places at the same time

2) More and more scientists now believe that we live in a multiverse

3) Everything is bound by natural law but i'm watching a cricket game right now

4) As an aspiring professional scientist I

5) To simply believe something for which there is no evidence

6) But with scientific advancement those notions have long been supplanted

7) We as humans exist in 4 dimentions...3 spacial dimentions (length , breadth and height) and 1 time dimention.

8  According to string theory..there r 13 and some say upwards of 20 dimentions...

9) Written by a primitive people scared of natural phenomena like lightning, eqarthquakes, floods, etc.

10) In religion one must accept what one is told because one's family tells one what to believe

11) Wikipedia

12) Youtube

13) Don't insult and demean scientists who reject God as it has no evidence

14)?

Sceince vs the tha thu Bible!!!

theonlyone

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

7) We as humans exist in 4 dimentions...3 spacial dimentions (length , breadth and height) and 1 time dimention.

8  According to string theory..there r 13 and some say upwards of 20 dimentions...

9) Written by a primitive people scared of natural phenomena like lightning, eqarthquakes, floods, etc.

10) In religion one must accept what one is told because one's family tells one what to believe

11) Wikipedia

12) Youtube

14) I have 3 degrees and a bar trivia guru that proves that there is no God and religion is false!

15) ?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 12:21:01 PM »
r you on drugs?
carpe` vaginum!

theonlyone

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 12:28:05 PM »

8  According to string theory..there r 13 and some say upwards of 20 dimentions...

11) Wikipedia

12) Youtube

14) I have 3 degrees and am a bar trivia guru that proves that there is no God and religion is false!

15) Steve Hawkings

16) r you on drugs?

17) ?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 12:37:59 PM »
thats an assortment of posts from myself and i guess a few other posters...lets look at one of them so you may be educated

More and more scientists now believe that we live in a multiverse

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/astronomy/bigbang_alternative_010413-1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

We as humans exist in 4 dimentions...3 spacial dimentions (length , breadth and height) and 1 time dimention.

carpe` vaginum!

theonlyone

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 12:43:48 PM »
 You see that Stella? learn and be educated as that clown is still alive! If not TA I wouldn't even know that we as humans exist in 4 dimension! He proved that there is no God! Unbelieavable contibution to the board! He's gold!

Ta is from Afghanistan but considers USA the greatest of them all! He's gonna die for the freedom of word! no?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 03:08:20 PM »
You see that Stella? learn and be educated as that clown is still alive! If not TA I wouldn't even know that we as humans exist in 4 dimension! He proved that there is no God! Unbelieavable contibution to the board! He's gold!

Ta is from Afghanistan but considers USA the greatest of them all! He's gonna die for the freedom of word! no?

translate this to Afghani and its osama speak!
carpe` vaginum!

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 06:28:44 PM »
they do not have to be at odds it just depends on how you look at them...religion can indeed be experimented on...death is its experiment.

as an aspiring scientist you should be keenly aware that not having proof doesnt disprove a theory, so why do you believe that there is no God when you have no proof?

not proving the null does not prove the alternative...so what is your proof that God doesnt exist?

They definitely are at odds. There is far more to religion than death, though that is a big part of why many people are religious, because they're scared of obliteration. Religions attempts to argue why we were created, what the supreme force is in the universe, and so on.

Without any support or evidence, we have no basis for a theory. Theory attempts to explain natural phenomena (evolution, Newton's laws, Maxwell's equations, relativity, etc) and is refined or thrown out when necessary.

The explanation of nature by the design of a God seemed plausible thousands of years ago when it was proposed, but we have moved much further in our knowledge, and by careful experiment and deduction found out many more things than were immediately apparent. Based on what we know now the ideas of religion seem just too provincial and simple to explain the vast phenomena we have observed.

We cannot yet prove or disprove any sort of God, but with the laws we have so far deduced, we have not needed a God hypothesis to explain anything.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »
So as of yet the low iq none believers have come with the following?
 I know for sure there will more very and very convincing points, it's already so convincing that makes me dizzy.

that right there is insulting.  No one calledfyou a royla f*cktard  or anything in this thread. just becuase people don't have your view doesn't make them foder.  If you think so then read between these lines.

________________________ ________________________ _______________________

…………………./´Ż/)
………………..,/Ż../
………………./…./
…………./´Ż/’…’/´ŻŻ`•¸
………./’/…/…./……./¨Ż\
……..(‘(…´…´…. Ż~/’…’)
………\……………..’…../
……….”…\………. _.•´
…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\…

________________________ ________________________ ______________________

oh and god bless you

theonlyone

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
They definitely are at odds. There is far more to religion than death, though that is a big part of why many people are religious, because they're scared of obliteration. Religions attempts to argue why we were created, what the supreme force is in the universe, and so on.

Without any support or evidence, we have no basis for a theory. Theory attempts to explain natural phenomena (evolution, Newton's laws, Maxwell's equations, relativity, etc) and is refined or thrown out when necessary.

The explanation of nature by the design of a God seemed plausible thousands of years ago when it was proposed, but we have moved much further in our knowledge, and by careful experiment and deduction found out many more things than were immediately apparent. Based on what we know now the ideas of religion seem just too provincial and simple to explain the vast phenomena we have observed.

We cannot yet prove or disprove any sort of God, but with the laws we have so far deduced, we have not needed a God hypothesis to explain anything.

Did you find out as to how Einstein doing since 1955? Your big bang theory, the observable universe is 93 billion light years across and so on explains nothing.
 Do you have kids? If they unexpectedly die today is it evolution, newton's laws, maxwell's equation or theory of relativity?
 Based on what you have written so far your iq level is a bit higher than TA has! TA is just attempting to sound enlightened or educated. He knows word combinations like multiverse and string theory and assuming naively religous people didn't hear about those.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
Knives, thanks for your answer and manner of discussion.

In science one makes a theory to describe what we observe, and then as we discover more things or find inadequacies in the theory, it is thrown out and replaced or refined to better fit what we observe.

Do you have any issues with the changing perception of what is true?

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 10:40:53 AM »

In religion one must accept what one is told or reads based on faith, generally due to indoctrination from the time of youth, because one's family tells one what to believe, or he or she is too scared to believe otherwise (ie: fear of not knowing what happens after death).

Personally I think the bold is few and far between...at least in free countries.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:34 AM »

some UFOlogists speculate that aliens and UFOs r inter dimentional beings

I have heard this too Toxy.

To expect the Bible to present a detached, scientific view of the universe is to put one's faith in the wrong thing. 

Stella I know you weren't asking me,  :) but I don't think the Bible is inconsistent with science.  The Bible isn't a science book. 

You asked a good question.  Still, given that the Bible isn't a science book, it's sort of hard to compare scientific theories with most of what is written in the Bible.  At least that's the way I see it. 

I agree Beach and mental.  The reason for the thread is that I often see people state that the Bible is at odds w/science and I guess what I am looking for is some verse that states something that they are sure is empirically at odds with science.

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 11:03:01 AM »
They definitely are at odds.

Knives, can you please give some empirical examples of this vs scripture?

, though that is a big part of why many people are religious, because they're scared of obliteration.

This, I will never understand.  Why would anyone be afraid of obliteration?  If it's...one moment you are alive, the next you are non-existent, why is that scary?  You wouldn't know anything...you wouldn't be there right?  I don't understand the fear of obliteration.  

The explanation of nature by the design of a God seemed plausible thousands of years ago when it was proposed, but we have moved much further in our knowledge, and by careful experiment and deduction found out many more things than were immediately apparent.

What things have been found that refute nature as being designed?

Based on what we know now the ideas of religion seem just too provincial and simple to explain the vast phenomena we have observed.

Does the "vast phenomena" ever astound you?

How do you think life originated?  
R

theonlyone

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
 Manner of discussion is a deceiving thing. Exchanging courtesies non stop is allowable between man and woman. When men debate it's a.... well the rest is known. Be polite card is womanish or Captain Equipose'ish!

theonlyone

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »
  Stella do you even understand that you're asking questions that have long been answered? Point? :-X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 11:32:14 AM »
  Stella do you even understand that you're asking questions that have long been answered? Point? :-X

Someone posted a bible verse(s) that are at odds w/empirically proven scientific data?  Ooops no I missed it.   Will you please link me?
R

theonlyone

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »
Someone posted a bible verse(s) that are at odds w/empirically proven scientific data?  Ooops no I missed it.   Will you please link me?

There is none! :-X

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »

again it depends on how you look at it, I myself dont feel that a book passed over from generation to generatino from civilization to civilization from language to language is the same as it was originally laid out. You get caught up in the specifics of things and miss the forest for the trees.

I believe in evolution and believe in God as well, religion and science do not have to be at odds with one another...darwin was clergy and very interested in science b/c as he put it who better to investigate the wonders of Gods creations...

when you have the view point religion and science are at odds, then youre not open to a need for the God hypothesis...

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »
Can't focking stand hypocrits and idiots.

You must really hate yourself then

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2010, 05:38:47 PM »
You must really hate yourself then

dayum!

pwned!  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
dayum!

pwned!  ;D

This may be a bit early to say but...

theonlyone

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2010, 12:11:15 AM »
  As of yet the low iq non believers in their attempt to disprove God have come with the following!

11) Wikipedia

12) Youtube

14) I have 3 degrees and am a bar trivia guru that proves that there is no God and religion is false!

15) Steve Hawkings

16) r you on drugs?

17)  ……… …./??/)
………………..,/?../
………………./…./
…………./??/’…’/???`•?
………./’/…/…./……./??\
……..(‘(…?…?…. ?~/’…’)
………\……………..’…../
……….”…\………. _.•?
…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\…