Author Topic: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...  (Read 30559 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Some people can eat whatever they want and don't get fat ...
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »
Why don't you go into further detail about your "proper nutrient timing methods"  ::) Would love to hear this one.

what you mean you don't want to talk about the evil that is refined sugar  ;D

what would you like to know regarding nutrient timing jim ?

i thought you were a nutritionist ? i would have thought you understood it.
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »
what you mean you don't want to talk about the evil that is refined sugar  ;D

what would you like to know regarding nutrient timing jim ?

i thought you were a nutritionist ? i would have thought you understood it.

I would like to know everything about it. Enlighten me please.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2010, 10:17:56 AM »
I would like to know everything about it. Enlighten me please.

its the proper timing of food intake which allows optimal partitioning of those nutriets into muscle and away from fat, and aiding muscle recovery.

this is done primarily by eating certain macronutrients around the workout/cardio to help manipulate hormonal responce : cortisol/gh/insulin/igf-1/and various other hormonal goodies.
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2010, 10:23:41 AM »
its the proper timing of food intake which allows optimal partitioning of those nutriets into muscle and away from fat, and aiding muscle recovery.

this is done primarily by eating certain macronutrients around the workout/cardio to help manipulate hormonal responce : cortisol/gh/insulin/igf-1/and various other hormonal goodies.

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa  If you were talking about eating on a proper schedule on a daily basis to feed your body the proper nutrition then yes, but thinking I better hurry up and drink this magic drink when my workout is finished so I can "shuttle" these nutrients into the muscle so they can magically start to repair and make my muscles grow larger, then um NO!!!! That's a huge myth Fatpad. 

I love the last part of your comment , Freakin hilarious. "this is done primarily by eating certain macronutrients around the workout/cardio to help manipulate hormonal responce : cortisol/gh/insulin/igf-1/and various other hormonal goodies."

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa  If you were talking about eating on a proper schedule on a daily basis to feed your body the proper nutrition then yes, but thinking I better hurry up and drink this magic drink when my workout is finished so I can "shuttle" these nutrients into the muscle so they can magically start to repair and make my muscles grow larger, then um NO!!!! That's a huge myth Fatpad. 

I love the last part of your comment , Freakin hilarious. "this is done primarily by eating certain macronutrients around the workout/cardio to help manipulate hormonal responce : cortisol/gh/insulin/igf-1/and various other hormonal goodies."

well proper scheduled intake of protein is a given. Anyone with half a brain and works out knows you must eat protein regularly throughout the day.

oh and blood does carry nutrients wherever it goes - during the workout more blood is pumped into the muscle, also insulin eliminates cortisol, and increases blood flow via vasodilation.

proper timing of a carb and protein meal would provide greater nutrient delivery to the muscle during he workout, reduce muscle tissue breakdown and increase recovery.

i'm not surprised you do not agree with this, as you think all sugar is evil  ::)

p.s. hows kamali's gut and bodyfat doing on this magical no carb diet of yours  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2010, 11:32:10 AM »
Fatpad, you are getting basic bodily functions mixed up with your delusional unproven follow the leader fantasies.  PS. If you happen to have a specific question about sugar then just ask.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »
Fatpad, you are getting basic bodily functions mixed up with your delusional unproven follow the leader fantasies.  PS. If you happen to have a specific question about sugar then just ask.

I have one: can adding refined sugar to a maintenance diet make you lose weight?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2010, 01:06:19 PM »
I have one: can adding refined sugar to a maintenance diet make you lose weight?
;D

careful wave, he may melt again.
175lbs by 31st July

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2010, 01:40:28 PM »
some people are born with incredibly high super human metabolisms! i know a few dudes that are human garbage disposals, and whatever they eat just seems to morph into their builds. (they never get fat!) heck, most teenage guys are like this! they start out scrawney lookin and whimpy, then all of the sudden testosterone and nature kicks in and goes into overdrive, and they  go from zero to hero physique in record time!  i knew a dude like this. one year he was super scrawney lookin, and the next super built! and you consume massive quantities and just get more and more muscular!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2010, 03:05:41 PM »
Fatpad, you are getting basic bodily functions mixed up with your delusional unproven follow the leader fantasies.  PS. If you happen to have a specific question about sugar then just ask.

are you claiming carbs do not induce an insulin spike ?

are you claiming insulin does not block cortisol ?

are you claiming insulin does not cause vasodilation ?

are you claiming protein does not stimulate protein synthesis and decrease protein breakdown ?

which one of these claims do you feel are delusional unproven follow the leader fantasies ?  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2010, 03:30:29 PM »

no

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »
are you claiming carbs do not induce an insulin spike ?

are you claiming insulin does not block cortisol ?

are you claiming insulin does not cause vasodilation ?

are you claiming protein does not stimulate protein synthesis and decrease protein breakdown ?

which one of these claims do you feel are delusional unproven follow the leader fantasies ?  ::)

God you're dense. Like I said, basic bodily functions. You have yet to tell me in any details how you can "time" a nutrient to manipulate muscle growth.  ::)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »
God you're dense. Like I said, basic bodily functions. You have yet to tell me in any details how you can "time" a nutrient to manipulate muscle growth.  ::)
::) i'm dense ?

i can't believe people have paid you for your quackery nutritional advice.

so again i ask: which one of those statements are fantasies ?
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2010, 11:46:43 AM »
::) i'm dense ?

i can't believe people have paid you for your quackery nutritional advice.

so again i ask: which one of those statements are fantasies ?

I already anwsered it. They are all basic bodily functions. Now answer mine, "You have yet to tell me in any details how you can "time" a nutrient to manipulate muscle growth"??????

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »

I already anwsered it. They are all basic bodily functions. Now answer mine, "You have yet to tell me in any details how you can "time" a nutrient to manipulate muscle growth"??????

so you don't see how causing an insulin spike right around the time of your workout would be of benefit despite:

1. insulin blocking/hampering cortisol release, and therefore reducing muscle breakdown.
2. insulin causing vasodilation that increases blood flow to the muscles, which helps the muscle recover between sets by carrying away waste products while carrying nutrients into the muscle.
3. insulin being a storage hormone that helps the muscle uptake of protein and carbs.
4. insulin increasing protein synthesis.

interesting.............

have you prepared many champions ?  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2010, 12:33:11 PM »
So you are talking about insulin? Spiking our own insulin levels will do little or nothing to cause muscle growth. It's like taking a dbol before u lift and thinking that's the best time to take it. Ever hear of celltech?Take it if u wanna get fat. You are a little behind the times bro.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »
So you are talking about insulin? Spiking our own insulin levels will do little or nothing to cause muscle growth. It's like taking a dbol before u lift and thinking that's the best time to take it. Ever hear of celltech?Take it if u wanna get fat. You are a little behind the times bro.
::)

yes sure i am. thats why insulin has added 30+ lbs of muscle to countless pro's since its been introduced - it does nothing for muscle growth  ::)

now that i have explained to you about nutrient timing, why don't you enlighten us all on the merits of your diet ? why you think nutrient timing doesn't work ? why you think insulin does nothing to add muscle, etc etc
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: June 01, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
You are so far off your own subject it isn't funny You went from talking about nutient timing to spiking your own insulin and now to pros who are taking exogenous insulin in copius amounts which by the way doesn't  have to be taken around a workout. I say again that nutrient timing is a myth. 

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #143 on: June 01, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »
no

What made you change your opinion?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: June 01, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »
You are so far off your own subject it isn't funny You went from talking about nutient timing to spiking your own insulin and now to pros who are taking exogenous insulin in copius amounts which by the way doesn't  have to be taken around a workout. I say again that nutrient timing is a myth. 

off topic? nutrient timing and insulin are joined together in an inseparable bond - like you and stupid.

you said insulin will do little or nothing for muscle growth, i simply pointed out insulin does indeed cause muscle growth as seen i todays pros.

now, this may be hard but why don't you try to address my questions and stop trying to deflect your stupidity?

you seem to be dangerously close to vince basil territory here, by saying alot of nothing and trying to focus on others points rather than prove or explain your own.  :-\

i trust however that is not the case and expect a full post with the details i asked for.

if you do not, you = owned.
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2010, 03:28:56 PM »
What made you change your opinion?

I knew from the beginning where you were going with this so why not just come out and say it instead of beating around the bush.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »
off topic? nutrient timing and insulin are joined together in an inseparable bond - like you and stupid.

you said insulin will do little or nothing for muscle growth, i simply pointed out insulin does indeed cause muscle growth as seen i todays pros.

now, this may be hard but why don't you try to address my questions and stop trying to deflect your stupidity?

you seem to be dangerously close to vince basil territory here, by saying alot of nothing and trying to focus on others points rather than prove or explain your own.  :-\

i trust however that is not the case and expect a full post with the details i asked for.

if you do not, you = owned.

You quote me incorrectly. I said spiking one's own insulin is worthless.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »
I knew from the beginning where you were going with this so why not just come out and say it instead of beating around the bush.

I just wanted to know if you still have the same opinion on the topic. Last time we talked about it, you claimed to have evidence but couldn't produce any. Now that you have changed your opinion on the subject, I would like to know what made you change your opinion.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »
I just wanted to know if you still have the same opinion on the topic. Last time we talked about it, you claimed to have evidence but couldn't produce any. Now that you have changed your opinion on the subject, I would like to know what made you change your opinion.

I did? Can you find the post?