Author Topic: ICE CREAMS and calorie is a calorie and Haha Apenis - all three threads merged.  (Read 84151 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE !!!
« Reply #675 on: November 20, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »
The other problem with complete Carbohydrate elimination will be a Vitamin Deficiency by default which can cause a whole slew of health-related problems, weaken the immune system and then die from a viral infection.

Its just like Cancer.  Cancer by itself does not kill you, but when it weakens the immune system and organ failure ensues, better hang it up and call the mortician.

Cancer by itself is not fatal, its what Cancer does, just as what an extreme Vitamin or Nutrient deficiency can do.

I DARE you to put a senior citizen with a weakened immune system on a Zero Carb diet.  I dare you...

ever heard of a multi vitamin?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #676 on: November 20, 2008, 06:37:34 PM »
If that was true, one would lose weight when adding refined sugar to the diet.

Yes, but not enough to worry about. Kinda like the fad of eating negative calorie foods. At least with them you are getting some nutrition. Actually if you took two groups of people and fed one group nothing and gave the other group all the table sugar they wanted the sugar group would starve first.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #677 on: November 20, 2008, 06:41:13 PM »
Adam, I have put many many many people on zero carb diets. Of course there are some trace carbs in there. Anyway, not bbers just regular people like accountants, lawyers, nurses and even dietitians. After an adjustments period they all functioned quite well as they lost fat. So, I have no idea what you mean by your statement?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #678 on: November 20, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »
Yes, but not enough to worry about. Kinda like the fad of eating negative calorie foods. At least with them you are getting some nutrition. Actually if you took two groups of people and fed one group nothing and gave the other group all the table sugar you wanted the sugar group would starve first.

So again, if I would add refined sugar to my maintenance diet, I would start to lose weight?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #679 on: November 20, 2008, 06:42:55 PM »
uhhh
Heavy multivitamin use linked to cancer in men

May 18, 2007
Courtesy JNCI
and World Science staff

Tak ing too many mul ti vi ta mins may be as so ci at ed with an in creased risk for ad vanced or fa tal pros tate can cers, ac cord ing to a study in the May 16 is sue of the Jour nal of the Na tional Can cer In sti tute.

Mil lions of Amer i cans take mul ti vi ta mins be cause of a be lief in their po ten tial health ben e fits, even though there is lim it ed sci en tif ic ev i dence for this. Re search ers have won dered what im pact mul ti vi ta min use might have on can cer risk.

Kar la Law son of the Na tional Can cer In sti tute in Be thes da, Md., and col leagues fol­lowed 295,344 men en rolled in the Na tional In sti tutes of Health-AARP Di et and Health Study.

Af ter five years of fol low-up, 10,241 men were di ag nosed with pros tate can cer, in clud­ing 8,765 with can cers re strict ed to a small ar ea and 1,476 with ad vanced can cers.

The re search ers found no link be tween mul ti vi ta min use and the risk of lo cal ized pros­tate can cer. But they did find an in creased risk of ad vanced and fa tal pros tate can cer among men who used mul ti vi ta mins more than se ven times weekly, com pared with men who did not use mul ti vi ta mins. The as socia t ion was strongest in men with a fam i ly his to ry of pros tate can cer and men who al so took se le ni um, beta-ca ro tene, or zinc sup­ple ments.

“Be cause mul ti vi ta min sup ple ments con sist of a com bina t ion of sev er al vi ta mins and men us ing high lev els of mul ti vi ta mins were al so more like ly to take a va ri e ty of in di­vid ual sup ple ments, we were un able to iden ti fy or quan ti fy in di vid ual com po nents re­spon si ble for the as socia t ions that we ob served,” the au thors write.

In an ac com pa ny ing ed i to ri al, Goran Bje lakovic of the Un ivers ity of Nis in Ser bia, and Chris tian Gluud of Co pen ha gen Un iver s ity Hos pi tal in Den mark, dis cuss the pos i tive and neg a tive health ef fects of an ti ox i dant sup ple ments. “Law son [and col leagues] add to the grow ing ev i dence that ques tions the ben e fi cial val ue of an ti ox i dant vit a min pills in gen er al ly well-nour ished pop ula t ions and un der score the pos si bil ity that an ti ox i dant sup ple ments could have un in tend ed con se quenc es for our health,” the au thors wrote.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #680 on: November 20, 2008, 06:43:09 PM »
9 pages? Adonis just post that picture of you in a shirt again that should end the discussion  ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #681 on: November 20, 2008, 06:43:35 PM »
So again, if I would add refined sugar to my maintenance diet, I would start to lose weight?

Quote from: Disgusted on Today at 06:37:34 PM
Yes, but not enough to worry about. Kinda like the fad of eating negative calorie foods. At least with them you are getting some nutrition. Actually if you took two groups of people and fed one group nothing and gave the other group all the table sugar you wanted the sugar group would starve first.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #682 on: November 20, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »

Quote from: Disgusted on Today at 06:37:34 PM

I'm just interested in the first statement. The other statements are a different story.
I think I will try that out, add refined sugar to my diet and see if I lose weight faster.
Thanks for the tip.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: November 20, 2008, 06:48:41 PM »
Heavy multivitamin use may be linked to advanced prostate cancer

The embargo has been lifted at the request of the submitting PIO.

While regular multivitamin use is not linked with early or localized prostate cancer, taking too many multivitamins may be associated with an increased risk for advanced or fatal prostate cancers, according to a study in the May 16 issue of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.

Millions of Americans take multivitamins because of a belief in their potential health benefits, even though there is limited scientific evidence that they prevent chronic disease. Researchers have wondered what impact multivitamin use might have on cancer risk.

Karla Lawson, Ph.D., of the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Md., and colleagues followed 295,344 men enrolled in the National Institutes of Health-AARP Diet and Health Study to determine the association between multivitamin use and prostate cancer risk. After five years of follow-up, 10,241 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer, including 8,765 with localized cancers and 1,476 with advanced cancers.

The researchers found no association between multivitamin use and the risk of localized prostate cancer. But they did find an increased risk of advanced and fatal prostate cancer among men who used multivitamins more than seven times a week, compared with men who did not use multivitamins. The association was strongest in men with a family history of prostate cancer and men who also took selenium, beta-carotene, or zinc supplements.
“Because multivitamin supplements consist of a combination of several vitamins and men using high levels of multivitamins were also more likely to take a variety of individual supplements, we were unable to identify or quantify individual components responsible for the associations that we observed,” the authors write.

In an accompanying editorial, Goran Bjelakovic, M.D., of the University of Nis in Serbia, and Christian Gluud, M.D., of Copenhagen University Hospital in Denmark, discuss the positive and negative health effects of antioxidant supplements. “Lawson [and colleagues] add to the growing evidence that questions the beneficial value of antioxidant vitamin pills in generally well-nourished populations and underscore the possibility that antioxidant supplements could have unintended consequences for our health,” the authors write.

###
EMBARGOED FOR RELEASE: 15 MAY 2007 16:00 ET

•   Article: National Cancer Institute Media Relations Branch, 301-496-6641, ncipressofficers@mail.nih.gov

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #684 on: November 20, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »
Heres a challenge for u adonis

i will delete my getbig acct and never post on this board again if u can find me an ESSENTIAL carbohydrate. Essential meaning = essential to life, like u cant live without it.

Now I know of essential amino acids ( protein ) and essential fatty acids ( fat ) but I have NEVER and I mean NEVER heard of an essential carbohydrate. Now I know i went to college and have a bachelors in health, but I may be wrong.

prove me wrong! please. Now go and pound away on ur keyboard and find me some research that proves me wrong!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #685 on: November 20, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
I'm just interested in the first statement. The other statements are a different story.
I think I will try that out, add refined sugar to my diet and see if I lose weight faster.
Thanks for the tip.

Don't  thank me as I am not giving you a tip or any type of advise to add sugar to your diet.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #686 on: November 20, 2008, 06:52:10 PM »
uhhh
Heavy multivitamin use linked to cancer in men

May 18, 2007
Courtesy JNCI
and World Science staff

Tak ing too many mul ti vi ta mins may be as so ci at ed with an in creased risk for ad vanced or fa tal pros tate can cers, ac cord ing to a study in the May 16 is sue of the Jour nal of the Na tional Can cer In sti tute.

Mil lions of Amer i cans take mul ti vi ta mins be cause of a be lief in their po ten tial health ben e fits, even though there is lim it ed sci en tif ic ev i dence for this. Re search ers have won dered what im pact mul ti vi ta min use might have on can cer risk.

Kar la Law son of the Na tional Can cer In sti tute in Be thes da, Md., and col leagues fol­lowed 295,344 men en rolled in the Na tional In sti tutes of Health-AARP Di et and Health Study.

Af ter five years of fol low-up, 10,241 men were di ag nosed with pros tate can cer, in clud­ing 8,765 with can cers re strict ed to a small ar ea and 1,476 with ad vanced can cers.

The re search ers found no link be tween mul ti vi ta min use and the risk of lo cal ized pros­tate can cer. But they did find an in creased risk of ad vanced and fa tal pros tate can cer among men who used mul ti vi ta mins more than se ven times weekly, com pared with men who did not use mul ti vi ta mins. The as socia t ion was strongest in men with a fam i ly his to ry of pros tate can cer and men who al so took se le ni um, beta-ca ro tene, or zinc sup­ple ments.

“Be cause mul ti vi ta min sup ple ments con sist of a com bina t ion of sev er al vi ta mins and men us ing high lev els of mul ti vi ta mins were al so more like ly to take a va ri e ty of in di­vid ual sup ple ments, we were un able to iden ti fy or quan ti fy in di vid ual com po nents re­spon si ble for the as socia t ions that we ob served,” the au thors write.

In an ac com pa ny ing ed i to ri al, Goran Bje lakovic of the Un ivers ity of Nis in Ser bia, and Chris tian Gluud of Co pen ha gen Un iver s ity Hos pi tal in Den mark, dis cuss the pos i tive and neg a tive health ef fects of an ti ox i dant sup ple ments. “Law son [and col leagues] add to the grow ing ev i dence that ques tions the ben e fi cial val ue of an ti ox i dant vit a min pills in gen er al ly well-nour ished pop ula t ions and un der score the pos si bil ity that an ti ox i dant sup ple ments could have un in tend ed con se quenc es for our health,” the au thors wrote.

Taking too much of anything can have a negative impact on your health!!! Even water.

Again ur research proves nothing.

Try again.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #687 on: November 20, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
Don't  thank me as I am not giving you a tip or any type of advise to add sugar to your diet.

;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #688 on: November 20, 2008, 06:53:21 PM »
uhhhh

Harvard Doctor Says Multivitamins Are Ineffective, Possibly Harmful
Drew Levinson, CBS News

Story Created: Mar 17, 2008 at 11:47 AM EST
(CBS) — Multivitamins don't work and may actually be harmful. That's the opinion of a Harvard doctor and it's causing quite a controversy.RELATED CONTENT
Giving children vitamins may not be necessary
Dr. Harvey Simon used to take multivitamins but not anymore.
"For healthy adults I can say with a good deal of confidence that they're not effective,” he said.
Writing in the Harvard Men's Health Watch, he points to research showing multivitamins “don't protect against heart disease or cancer."
And studies suggest high amounts of some vitamins may actually raise the risk of certain cancers.
"So if we say a multivitamin doesn't provide benefit and we think there's even a possibility that it could do harm, why take it?” Dr. Simon said.
For millions of Americans, including Michael Ash, the news is a hard pill to swallow.
"Usually when I get up in the morning first thing I do is take my vitamin,” he said.
Dr. Simon argues healthy adults only need a small amount of vitamins that come from foods. A bowl of cereal, he says, provides almost a full daily dose.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #689 on: November 20, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »
uhhhh

Harvard Doctor Says Multivitamins Are Ineffective, Possibly Harmful
Drew Levinson, CBS News

Story Created: Mar 17, 2008 at 11:47 AM EST
(CBS) — Multivitamins don't work and may actually be harmful. That's the opinion of a Harvard doctor and it's causing quite a controversy.RELATED CONTENT
Giving children vitamins may not be necessary
Dr. Harvey Simon used to take multivitamins but not anymore.
"For healthy adults I can say with a good deal of confidence that they're not effective,” he said.
Writing in the Harvard Men's Health Watch, he points to research showing multivitamins “don't protect against heart disease or cancer."
And studies suggest high amounts of some vitamins may actually raise the risk of certain cancers.
"So if we say a multivitamin doesn't provide benefit and we think there's even a possibility that it could do harm, why take it?” Dr. Simon said.
For millions of Americans, including Michael Ash, the news is a hard pill to swallow.
"Usually when I get up in the morning first thing I do is take my vitamin,” he said.
Dr. Simon argues healthy adults only need a small amount of vitamins that come from foods. A bowl of cereal, he says, provides almost a full daily dose.

haha! if u think a multi vitamin will stop u from getting heart disease or cancer! YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #690 on: November 20, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »
Heres a challenge for u adonis

i will delete my getbig acct and never post on this board again if u can find me an ESSENTIAL carbohydrate. Essential meaning = essential to life, like u cant live without it.

Now I know of essential amino acids ( protein ) and essential fatty acids ( fat ) but I have NEVER and I mean NEVER heard of an essential carbohydrate. Now I know i went to college and have a bachelors in health, but I may be wrong.

prove me wrong! please. Now go and pound away on ur keyboard and find me some research that proves me wrong!
Please Delete your account:

Hypoglycemia can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose as fuel to the brain, resulting in impairment of function (neuroglycopenia). Derangements of function can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to coma and (rarely) permanent brain damage or death. Hypoglycemia can arise from many causes and can occur at any age. It also sometimes occurs at random.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #691 on: November 20, 2008, 06:59:45 PM »
haha! if u think a multi vitamin will stop u from getting heart disease or cancer! YOUR AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!
"you're"........damnit!! >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: November 20, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »
Response to treatment, especially the amount of carbohydrate needed to reverse or prevent recurrence of hypoglycemia, may provide important clues as well. When 15-30 grams of sugar or starch are given by mouth, a low blood glucose will usually rise by 18-36 mg/dl (1-2 mmol/l) within 5-10 minutes, relieving hypoglycemic symptoms within 10 minutes[citation needed]. It may take longer to recover from severe hypoglycemia with unconsciousness or seizure even after restoration of normal blood glucose. When a person has not been unconscious, failure of carbohydrate to reverse the symptoms in 10-15 minutes increases the likelihood that hypoglycemia was not the cause of the symptoms. When severe hypoglycemia has persisted in a hospitalized patient, the amount of glucose required to maintain satisfactory blood glucose levels becomes an important clue to the underlying etiology. Glucose requirements above 10 mg/kg/minute in infants, or 6 mg/kg/minute in children and adults are strong evidence for hyperinsulinism. In this context this is referred to as the glucose infusion rate (GIR). Finally, the blood glucose response to glucagon given when the glucose is low can also help distinguish among various types of hypoglycemia. A rise of blood glucose by more than 30 mg/dl (1.70 mmol/l) suggests insulin excess as the probable cause of the hypoglycemia.

In other words,
If you do not give this patient Carbohydrates ie Sugar, He DIES!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: November 20, 2008, 07:04:34 PM »
Please Delete your account:

Hypoglycemia can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose as fuel to the brain, resulting in impairment of function (neuroglycopenia). Derangements of function can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to coma and (rarely) permanent brain damage or death. Hypoglycemia can arise from many causes and can occur at any age. It also sometimes occurs at random.

Ill delete my account when u find me an essential carbohydrate to life !!!!!!!!   ;)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #694 on: November 20, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
Flex do you also think that if you would add refined sugar to your maintenance diet you would start to lose weight?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: November 20, 2008, 07:11:06 PM »
Flex do you also think that if you would add refined sugar to your maintenance diet you would start to lose weight?

no just the opposite would happen.

refined sugars are void of any of the nutritional minerals and vitamins that pure sugar plants have, therefore they have no nutritional value and are actually harmful to consume.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #696 on: November 20, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
lol, well how do eskimos live?? They eat only fatty meat and fatty fish.

Sarah Palin`s husband is an eskimo.  Perhaps we should ask him how most Eskimos today eat.  I did see a video of Todd and Sarah Palin at a Diner in Pennsylvania eating what looked to be a cheesesteak that had two nice pieces of bread overflowing with swiss cheese.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #697 on: November 20, 2008, 07:12:27 PM »
no just the opposite would happen.

refined sugars are void of any of the nutritional minerals and vitamins that pure sugar plants have, therefore they have no nutritional value and are actually harmful to consume.

With opposite you mean you would start to gain weight?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: November 20, 2008, 07:13:08 PM »
Sarah Palin`s husband is an eskimo.  Perhaps we should ask him how most Eskimos today eat.  I did see a video of Todd and Sarah Palin at a Diner in Pennsylvania eating what looked to be a cheesesteak.

I know one thing he eats.  ;D Then again maybe not.  ???

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #699 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »

With opposite you mean you would start to gain weight?

YES!