Author Topic: Explain something about soccer  (Read 26951 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Explain something about soccer
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »
LMAO at swede and his USA hate

hey swede seeing as the USA basically created the world economy why dont you thank us before you shit on us?  ::) ::) ::)

yea sicko that movie doesnt have an agenda, I bet you watch loose change and take that as reality too... ::) ::) ::)

if youre so worried about the past you should probably still be kissing our asses seeing as if we didnt come to the rescue all of europe right now would be speaking german... ::) ::) ::)

as for soccer, its a cool enough sport it can be rather boring though and lets be honest the players are really nothing more than long distance runners with better eye/foot coordination.

american football has the breaks b/c its much more physical, you get your clock cleaned by a 280lb linebacker youre going to need a couple seconds to get ready for the next play. Thats like saying MMA sucks b/c they have rounds, ppl need time to rest up when youre actually being physical.

spinnis

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
11k posts and I havent seen single one lol

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2010, 01:23:49 PM »
11k posts and I havent seen single one lol
LMAO been a member almost as long as you have, I dont frequent the G&O that often anymore since squad got outted and that dumb ass falcon took over it went down hill fast. Ive been checking in more and more now though since I dont have to sift through as much shit these days...

been around mostly on the politics board these days  ;)

you should come post over there, its clear you have a real grasp of economics  ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »
Tonymctones owning Soccer, Swede and Europe in one effective post.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
'Futball' in America suffers greatly because of the American media.  The American media doesn't push soccer because the format is inconveinent to their marketing policies.  45 minutes of commercial free entertainment distracts from the narrative that Americans must be sold or have their attention diverted every 3-5 minutes.

The American populace must be constantly disctracted from their meaningless materialistic lives by the constant selling of "new" and "better" things you must stay in debt to buy.

Debt = Slavery

Events that could cause Americans to look outside of their narrow world view or perhaps engage others cultures in the world are deemed dangerous to American interests by the elites here.  If the American public (the only force in the world that can change American foriegn policy) began to meet and engage other peoples there is a chance that a sympthatic "world view" might take hold.  That change in perspective from the "greatest country under god on earth" mantra continously drummed into Joe Sixpack's head would spell the end of the currently unbalanced and ecologically unsound American policies as they relate to the world.

That's all it is boys.

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »
the truth is americans supposedly dont appreciate soccer because they suck at it, plain and simple. If you want to bash soccer, then first drop that fake ass wrestling gay shit (this retarded crap is one of the low points of american culture imo).

Soccer > male soap operas - any time, any day
Sure thing Eddie. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2010, 03:01:55 PM »
Go USA!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2010, 03:16:15 PM »
the truth is americans supposedly dont appreciate soccer because they suck at it, plain and simple. If you want to bash soccer, then first drop that fake ass wrestling gay shit (this retarded crap is one of the low points of american culture imo).

Soccer > male soap operas - any time, any day

and btw, when it comes to real fights, brazil kicks ass too, brazilians are the founding fathers of vale-tudo and the UFC.
Haha.
If you knew anything about America, its that less than 1% of our athletes play soccer. From youth, its baseball, basketball, and football, the only people that play soccer are young mexicans.
Why cant the rest of the world get it through there head... We dont like soccer. We dont play soccer. We dont watch Soccer.
If we gave a shit about Soccer, wed dominate it just like we do most other things we seriously compete in.
Why cant you guys wrap your head around this?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
Seriously.....Imagine if all of the running backs, safeties, wide recievers and DBs in the NFL played Soccer their whole life instead of Football.

They would annihilate everyone, it would be comical.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »
nice post, too bad it doesnt have anything to do with what I wrote.

and yea, hit it baby one more time: soccer > homoerotic fake wrestling
How do you figure? You said we dont appreciate cause we suck, and thats false, plain and simple. We dont appreciate it, because we dont like it, so we dont play it. If we gave a shit wed be top 3 in the world, just like everything else. So your statement is just retarded.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »
and you also suck at it. And the whole point is that is retared to bash soccer when you things like WWE/WWF on air getting huge audiences.
Your statement is still retarded. Our top tier athletes choose not to play soccer. No one here cares, and we dont want to. If we cared, wed dominate, and but we dont. Of course with our 8th tier athletes playing soccer we suck. Obviously you cant wrap your head around what Im trying to say.

Bottom line = We dont care. We dont appreciate it because we dont care. We suck because we dont care, our athletes choose to play FUN sports, that involve more than kicking a ball. I know you cant comprehend someone just not giving a shit about something you hold so dear, but try to get over it. We dont care.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2010, 03:52:07 PM »
You suck at the most popular sport because you dont care about soccer, nice. Now go and watch your WWF son  ;D
I see you still cant comprehend that just because its popular to the rest of the world, no one here cares.\
Is it really that hard for you too believe that soccer here is quite literally the lowest sport on the totem pole, lower than fucking GOLF. Seriously. Golf is more popular in the states than Soccer. What do you think of that?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2010, 04:00:34 PM »
goddamn, I already said you dont care about soccer, cant you freaking read right? Why do americans get so sensitive when the subject is soccer (something they suck so much) by the way??
Oh I get it, youre just trolling for attention. I still think youre pumpster, that fat weird piece of shit. lol.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2010, 04:02:45 PM »
Oh I get it, youre just trolling for attention. I still think youre pumpster, that fat weird piece of shit. lol.
Be nice to Eddie, he's foreign.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »
Be nice to Eddie, he's foreign.
;D

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »
yea, I am trolling for attention, I am the one who created this thread bashing soccer and saying that if we cared about it we would be #1 at it. /sarcasm

And you are right, I am pumpster. Do you know why I am a fat sob? Becaue I dont care being muscular. If I cared, I would be FLEX material. But since bbing brings shitty pays to the table, I prefer using my time with more productive things, like watching Andre the Giand and Hulkmania getting it on with eatch other and posting on Get Big. ROFL.

Actually I am the one who created this thread and it really wasn't to bash soccer....however everything shockwave has said is pretty dead on.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »
Soccer is a fine sport but so are baseball and basketball and American football.  I think non-Americans just like to fluff soccer's taint because the US is not among the best in the world at it and it's one of their few chances to "stick it" to Mighty America.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
5 pages in and soccer is still gay

carry on

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
Soccer is about skill, their atlethicz dont mean that much. It's easy to say "if this and that" and thats typical of the US to say that they would dominate every thing in the world no matter what... but whatever.. you wont dominate soccer in a 1000 years. Please qoute me when im a 100 yo and see if I'm wrong. It's ok, you don't like soccer, and we dont like "american football", basketball, baseball, hockey etc. I wont smacktalk them for no reason tho because I can understand why people like it, but you guys just keep hating and talk bs for no reason..whatever

your best player is tim howard or landon donavan man... they are 3rd/4th tier pros

no hate, from a drunk x
Heres the thing.. they are 3rd and 4th tier pros here too.
See here, soccer is such a smalltime thing, that the guys with all the talent (for soccer) would never know it because all the people any modicum of althetic ability here play basketball, football and baseball. I know its hard for you to understand, but its not like people who fail at soccer, go to football, or something else, quite literally hardly anyone here plays soccer or tries to succeed in soccer, its that unimportant to our society. So you would never know how good we could be, because all the possible stars play other sports, which are far more important to athletes here. Soccer is quite literally the low man on the totem pole in America, Soccer is the sport athletes play when they fail at everything else here. Unless theyre mexican.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2010, 04:37:59 PM »
Soccer is about skill, their atlethicz dont mean that much. It's easy to say "if this and that" and thats typical of the US to say that they would dominate every thing in the world no matter what... but whatever.. you wont dominate soccer in a 1000 years. Please qoute me when im a 100 yo and see if I'm wrong. It's ok, you don't like soccer, and we dont like "american football", basketball, baseball, hockey etc. I wont smacktalk them for no reason tho because I can understand why people like it, but you guys just keep hating and talk bs for no reason..whatever

your best player is tim howard or landon donavan man... they are 3rd/4th tier pros

no hate, from a drunk x
its typical xerxes b/c its typical that the US does dominate in most things they take seriously, sorry bro its the way it is whether you like it or not.

youre just proving his point...our 8th tier pros are 3rd or 4th tier pros in your country...

if our star atheletes competed in soccer we would more than likely be a top contender...

your top tier soccer atheletes are 2nd or 3rd tier at best compared to our top tier basketball and football atheletes just the way it is plain and simple.

I dont mind soccer it can be boring, they should take out 2 or 3 men from each side and produce more scoring...I like how the fans get into it more than anything I think it would be a blast to go to a game in europe.

its not that we hate soccer I think its that we hate the format, look at hockey it has a very similar format and its not very popular here in the states either.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2010, 04:42:29 PM »
If the US was one of the best in soccer they would love it and be all in our faces. 100% truth.
I agree but to be honest we still wouldnt care about it, we would just be shoving it in your faces b/c you shove that shit in ours  ::)(not you specifically, the rest of the world)

and as soon as the US started sucking we would go right back to not caring....

like others have said we just dont give a shit about soccer in this country

the Houston Dynamo practice and play at my old college the were league champs like 2 or 3 years in a row. I remember seeing these guys roll up to practice and nobody gave two shits about them or who they were.

the Houston Texans which is an american football team here has preseason practice and you have to get tickets to be able to get in to watch these guys practice...thats the difference, we just dont give a shit about soccer.

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
Heres the thing.. they are 3rd and 4th tier pros here too.
See here, soccer is such a smalltime thing, that the guys with all the talent (for soccer) would never know it because all the people any modicum of althetic ability here play basketball, football and baseball. I know its hard for you to understand, but its not like people who fail at soccer, go to football, or something else, quite literally hardly anyone here plays soccer or tries to succeed in soccer, its that unimportant to our society. So you would never know how good we could be, because all the possible stars play other sports, which are far more important to athletes here. Soccer is quite literally the low man on the totem pole in America, Soccer is the sport athletes play when they fail at everything else here. Unless theyre mexican.

You still dont get it do you? If it was about your 'top' level athletes and sheer numbers then why dont russia or china or turkey win time after time? Plenty of people to choose from lots of top level athletes. The usa would be good but if you think you'd dominate your just being stupid...if you think that if LT and TO and thousands of other young african americans played football from year zero that youd turn up and boss brazil or argentina or the dutch (10million people and always good) then you lot are as big a joke as your nation's average waist size. Wont happen, you'll be good, but thats all there is to it. Its a genuinely competitive game on the world stage not the 100m dash.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2010, 04:43:54 PM »
You still dont get it do you? If it was about your 'top' level athletes and sheer numbers then why dont russia or china or turkey win time after time? Plenty of people to choose from lots of top level athletes. The usa would be good but if you think you'd dominate your just being stupid...if you think that if LT and TO and thousands of other young african americans played football from year zero that youd turn up and boss brazil or argentina or the dutch (10million people and always good) then you lot are as big a joke as your nation's average waist size. Wont happen, you'll be good, but thats all there is to it. Its a genuinely competitive game on the world stage not the 100m dash.
Top 5 Easily. Just like every other sport we take seriously. Like it or not man, thats just the way the US rolls.  :-\
I know you guys want to say that and make yourselves feel special, but just look at history. That is what happens when we get serious. Period, end of story.

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »
Top 5 Easily. Just like every other sport we take seriously. Like it or not man, thats just the way the US rolls.  :-\
I know you guys want to say that and make yourselves feel special, but just look at history. That is what happens when we get serious. Period, end of story.

Not saying you wouldnt be...you probably would. But you wouldnt turn up and win time after time...it doesnt happen for brazil and it wont happen for you.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »

Haha. So true. With the way Europe is playing right now, I'd even argue that the USA is one of the top 5 teams playing in this WC. It'd be scary to see what it'd be like if 99% of this country actually gave a shit about soccer beyond the 1 month of WC games every 4 years.

Europeans are so wrapped up in American's view of soccer. Time to get over the fact that we don't care for it.