Author Topic: Cracking sounds in my Lower back- SI Joint/Piriformis muscle  (Read 10006 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Cracking sounds in my Lower back- SI Joint/Piriformis muscle
« on: October 18, 2010, 12:42:21 PM »
Well its been almost a month since I am back in the gym after being on bed rest for 2 months as I was down with malaria. So lately I am experiencing cracking sounds in my lower back due to which I cant even stretch it properly fearing a spasm.My doctor prscribed me some vitamins which I have been taking for few weeks. Today before starting my shoulder routine when I bent down to stretch my lower back I felt discomfort in my lower back but still I completed my workout but at this point of time I am really confused with my phycical condition  and its been a while that I did deadlifts and evaded squats last week ??? ??? :-\  any inputs ?

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Re: Cracking sounds in my Lower back
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 12:08:35 PM »
anyone? :-\

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 02:14:18 PM »
those are your disc firing off into your internal organs....you prolly die soon..

bech

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
Well its been almost a month since I am back in the gym after being on bed rest for 2 months as I was down with malaria. So lately I am experiencing cracking sounds in my lower back due to which I cant even stretch it properly fearing a spasm.My doctor prscribed me some vitamins which I have been taking for few weeks. Today before starting my shoulder routine when I bent down to stretch my lower back I felt discomfort in my lower back but still I completed my workout but at this point of time I am really confused with my phycical condition  and its been a while that I did deadlifts and evaded squats last week ??? ??? :-\  any inputs ?

Is there pain w/the sounds?  Are you having spasms?

I don't think you should do any deads or squats for awhile longer...Nothing that puts any stress on your back.
R

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 04:01:01 AM »
Is there pain w/the sounds?  Are you having spasms?

I don't think you should do any deads or squats for awhile longer...Nothing that puts any stress on your back.
I have added mobility drills for hamstring and glutes .

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 10:18:17 AM »
Well that sound means you are training with the proper amount of weight. Just kidding. Try swimming for a while.

w8m8

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »

You say you fear a spasm if you stretch it out ... does that mean you had spasms or you're afraid to get one ?

What vitamins did the Dr prescribe ?

Are you warming up really good before you start your workout ?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 03:11:57 PM »
You say you fear a spasm if you stretch it out ... does that mean you had spasms or you're afraid to get one ?

Yes that is a question I have as well.

vic, are you any better?
R

w8m8

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »
Anticipating a spasm can keep you pretty tense that's why I'm wondering .. I'd also go see a chiropractor .. mos def going lighter and easier on it is needed .. screw your back up bad enough and it'll take a very long time to feel right again

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 01:52:47 AM »
Thanks Stella and W8m8 , well I am doing mobility drills before my warm ups  to loosen up hamstring and glutes and I really felt better but I have to be cautious. :)

w8m8

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 02:23:02 AM »
you're welcome of course .. I'm glad you're feeling better .. just be careful  :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 07:10:50 AM »
you're welcome of course .. I'm glad you're feeling better .. just be careful  :)
x2 :)
R