Author Topic: Best Finisher Ever!  (Read 10362 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Best Finisher Ever!
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2011, 10:14:50 AM »
The WWE back then in 1987 had the same idea but went awall somewhere. They made him squash jobber after jobber after jobber. Then he had a run with Hogan in a series of house matches and lost. After that he started a feud with Randy Savage for the world title after WM4 and that was it. The African Dream Akeem was born. Never liked it and that that gimmick hurt Gray as a wrestler. He was no longer that big mean 450lb biker gang member that struck fear in his opponents.

Exactly.....it's like the other day when we were all talking about Hogan's "friends" who were brought in with a lure of big money, buy they were so short sighted and didn't realize that as soon as they were fed to Hogan, their days were over.  And the WWF was so big that it affected them in other territories with them being seen as clowns, roosters, fake black guys, etc...  instead of their previous gimmick.  Even Dusty Rhodes was NEVER the same after that polka dot shit in the WWF..... 

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »
Exactly.....it's like the other day when we were all talking about Hogan's "friends" who were brought in with a lure of big money, buy they were so short sighted and didn't realize that as soon as they were fed to Hogan, their days were over.  And the WWF was so big that it affected them in other territories with them being seen as clowns, roosters, fake black guys, etc...  instead of their previous gimmick.  Even Dusty Rhodes was NEVER the same after that polka dot shit in the WWF..... 
I couldn't have said it better myself. But the one person to blame for this is Vince. He's the one. Notice even if you buy a dvd, for example the latest Hogan dvd. There is all this WWE stuff from 1979-1980, only one match from the AWA against Bockwinkel, WWE stuff from 1984-1992 and again only one match from the NWO in his very lucrative and successfull WCW stint. Why? Because Vince is a jealous turd who can't stand the thought of a guy being successfull in another promotion.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
I couldn't have said it better myself. But the one person to blame for this is Vince. He's the one. Notice even if you buy a dvd, for example the latest Hogan dvd. There is all this WWE stuff from 1979-1980, only one match from the AWA against Bockwinkel, WWE stuff from 1984-1992 and again only one match from the NWO in his very lucrative and successfull WCW stint. Why? Because Vince is a jealous turd who can't stand the thought of a guy being successfull in another promotion.

I agree 100%.  He bats a VERY low pct in angles/gimmicks, but people only remember the ones he "hit" on and forget the hundreds of wrestlers he buried, wasted or ruined.  Hogan annoys me, but I absolutely hate VKM for what he did to wrestling....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:21 AM »
I agree 100%.  He bats a VERY low pct in angles/gimmicks, but people only remember the ones he "hit" on and forget the hundreds of wrestlers he buried, wasted or ruined.  Hogan annoys me, but I absolutely hate VKM for what he did to wrestling....
Absolutely. But what I want to know is how the hell do you have a Hogan dvd(s) with barly any NWO stuff in it. The NWO angle was extremely successfull and required a disc just to itself on a three disc anthology.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
Absolutely. But what I want to know is how the hell do you have a Hogan dvd(s) with barly any NWO stuff in it. The NWO angle was extremely successfull and required a disc just to itself on a three disc anthology.

That is simply idiotic.  Hogan essentially had the HUGE run in the 80's and then nWo......the inbetween stuff was throwaway garbage.  Very sad.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »
That is simply idiotic.  Hogan essentially had the HUGE run in the 80's and then nWo......the inbetween stuff was throwaway garbage.  Very sad.
1996-1999 there was some great NWO footage / matches that they could have added to his dvd. Its ridiculous. Same water holds for other wrestlers who spend the better part of their careers in other territories. I'm afraid to by the Ricky Steamboat three disc dvd because i'm worried that it will all be his small 3 year WWE 1985-1988 run and his 6 month 1991 run in the WWE with the stupid dragon costume. Steamboat garnered his best performances in the NWA, not the WWE.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2011, 11:52:32 AM »
Not trying to be an ass, but how old were you at the time?

12 LOL

hey, I can still be a kid again twenty years later LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
12 LOL

hey, I can still be a kid again twenty years later LOL

haha, I actually meant that to a 12yr old for example, it probably looked cool/funny at the time, but looking back on it, it was horrible. 

And Playboy, the Steamboat DVD could be awesome if it includes the mid-atlantic and WCW stuff.  If not, I wouldn't even bother with it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 12:24:39 PM »
haha, I actually meant that to a 12yr old for example, it probably looked cool/funny at the time, but looking back on it, it was horrible. 

And Playboy, the Steamboat DVD could be awesome if it includes the mid-atlantic and WCW stuff.  If not, I wouldn't even bother with it.
Agreed 100%