Author Topic: What Girls/Women Can Expect From NATURAL Bodybuilding and Diet ALONE!  (Read 120696 times)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
Re: What Girls/Women Can Expect From NATURAL Bodybuilding and Diet ALONE!
« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2005, 09:49:59 PM »

Courtesy of Jeanette Freed's site (new IFBB pro figure competitor).

Nikki Warner, Cindy Martinez, me, and Jeanette Freed backstage at the Junior Nationals this year in Chicago.  More of what hard work, years of dedication, and comraderie can bring to the physique and to the stage.  By the way, both Cindy and Jeanette are mothers!
Jodi

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2005, 09:51:50 PM »
who's the guy on the left?
X Board. Integrity is what we do

240 or bust

« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2005, 09:53:53 PM »
who's the guy on the left?

I dunno, but he did finish 15th at Nationals...

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2005, 01:26:59 PM »
Here's another of the rare, vanishing, breed of ALL-NATURAL female bodybuilders: KIKE ELOMAA, 1981 Ms. Olympia, who beat out Rachel McLish (no less!) that year...

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2005, 01:40:50 PM »

Courtesy of Jeanette Freed's site (new IFBB pro figure competitor).

Nikki Warner, Cindy Martinez, me, and Jeanette Freed backstage at the Junior Nationals this year in Chicago.  More of what hard work, years of dedication, and comraderie can bring to the physique and to the stage.  By the way, both Cindy and Jeanette are mothers!

WOW, JODI, WOW!!!   Thanks for the pics. and the inspirational message!!

SolDat

• Getbig III
  • What set you from?
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2005, 01:57:40 PM »
Ow!! What the hell is wrong with her foot!!

I.C.A.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2005, 12:24:01 PM »
Jodi, thanks for the "heads-up" on all-natural NPC Figure competitor, and mother, Jeanette Freed.  So, below is Isaac Hinds interview with Jeanette (and some more pics.).  Quite an accomplished woman!

Isaac Hinds interview of Jeanette...

If you didn't know any better you might think she's been competing for years. She has great stage presence, an incredible physique and a smile that will light up any room. Who dat? Well that would be the New Yorker taking the figure stages by storm this year, Jeanette Freed.

Consistently at the top of every show she's been in Jeanette is still on the hunt for the waskily lil pro card. Yes, yes that was my Elmer Fudd voice. Don't worry your little heads kids, cause this woman is a class act. She's had a few disappointments, but you won't hear her complaining about it. Enough of my ramblings, let's get to know a bit about Jeanette.

[ Q ] Name:
Jeanette Freed
[ Q ] Nickname:
Jeany
[ Q ] Currently live in:
Brooklyn, NY
[ Q ] Always been a New Yorker?
Yes
[ Q ] Who/what is Dolphin Fitness?
Dolphin Fitness is large chain of health clubs throughout the New York Metropolitan area owned by a former pro football athlete, Andrew Carino. His gyms have everything you could possibly need to work out and most of them are open 24 hours which is a plus for me since I have a crazy schedule.
[ Q ] You've only been competing for 2 years ? what? Are you for real?
My first show was last year in March 2003 at the New York Mets. I placed 2nd and I was addicted ever since.
[ Q ] That's awesome... how did you get into competing in NPC Figure?
I went to see a few shows run by Bev Francis and Steve Weinberger in NY. I thought "wow" these girls look great and their so disciplined. My brother Pete was with me and he kept on encouraging me to try to compete in one the local shows.
I wanted to but kept making excuses because I didn't know how to train for the show or how to diet for it. I was already in pretty good shape and worked out occasionally so one day I pulled out a competition diet from Oxygen, stuck to it religiosly for 7 weeks, trained myself intensely and finally got my butt up on that stage. Till today that has been the most rewarding show for me. I stuck to something and actually finished it. That was my goal and to have placed 2nd was just icing on the cake for me.
[ Q ] You competed in a number of shows this past year always placing high, what was your favorite show from 2004?
Well I guess I answered that question already but I have to say all the shows have been a learning experience for me. I always see how my body changes and what I could do to improve for the next show. I really enjoyed competing in Chicago. I met so many nice and interesting girls backstage and the show ran so smoothly.
[ Q ] Do you find it difficult to hold your conditioning throughout the year and doing so many shows?
Because I have done 8 shows in 17 months, it feels like I've been dieting most of that time. I have stayed close to my competition weight most of the time. I am looking forward to the off-season where I can really make the improvements I need too. It's hard to make improvements when you're always getting ready for a show.
[ Q ] Okay, so everyone wants to know... what's your thoughts on Figure Nationals and coming up one place shy of a pro card?
In Chicago I came up one place shy of a pro card so I was familiar with the feeling. I was just so happy to place the way I did in that show. In New York however I honestly have to say that I was confused and disappointed. I never go into a show expecting to win, I just have faith that all my hard work and dedication will pay off and I'll get the placing I deserve.
However, I'm also a big believer in that everything happens for a reason. It wasn't my time and I have to look at the whole picture. I have had an incredible year and have been blessed with the ability to compete and do very well.

There are victories in your life and their are disappointments, you just have to take them both in stride. The important lesson is that you don't let the disappointments kill your dreams and aspirations. They should make you stronger; not weaker.

[ Q ] Many people at the show and on the message boards thought you got royally hosed on placing 3rd at this year's Figure Nationals. Now that the show has come and gone, what's your thoughts on how it went?
It really means a lot to me that so many people had such positive input . It helps so much to hear and get e-mails from other competitors, photographers and friends showing me support and taking time out just to tell me to keep my head up. That's more than I ever expected. Thanks everyone.
[ Q ] What's the next show on the horizon?
Believe it or not I am doing the North Americans next week, September 4th, in Ohio. I figured it's the last show of the year and I'm already in competition form. You can't knock me down that easily.
[ Q ] How long have you been training with John Scoma?
I have been training with John since May 2003. I have to say he is an incredible trainer, motivator and friend. He gives me that extra push I need at times and has helped me believe in myself as a competitor. He also kicks my butt in the gym.
[ Q ] You have a 3 year old daughter, right?
Yes, Briana, she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
[ Q ] What do you do in your spare time when you're not competing?
I train, take care of my daughter, cook a lot of healthy meals for my husband and I and try to enjoy and be grateful for my beautiful family.
[ Q ] What do you have to say to the women out there who say they can't compete or even train for that matter, because they have a lil one?
I have to say, "Don't ever rule anything out" Prioritze your time and try not to make excuses. If you really want something you can attain it with faith, hard work and dedication. Good things don't always come easy but they sure are rewarding.
[ Q ] As many of the people reading this would certainly agree, you're a beautiful woman. Have you done any modeling?
This is all new to me. I would love to do some modeling.
[ Q ] The bigger question all the boys want to know... are you available?
I am married to a very supportive man. His name is Evan and he is very excited about how competing is going for me. He thinks it's great that I'm so happy and motivated by it.
[ Q ] Sorry for the side track, had to make sure all the lads out there knew not to get their hopes up.
That's very flattering, thanks.
[ Q ] Did you get your Cinnamon rolls after your last show? ;)
Absolutely, not to mention I also had pizza and chocolate cake.
[ Q ] Silliest thing you've been asked or told from someone online?
Not online but guys will ask, "Excuse me but do you workout."
[ Q ] What are you going to be working on before your next competition? Goals for the next year?
Working on developing my hamstrings and shoulders, competing, modeling, getting endorsed and enjoying all of it.
[ Q ] Aside from Dolphin Fitness are you sponsored by anyone?
No, but I would love to be. Ha Ha.
[ Q ] Web site?
Definitely have to work on that this year as well.
[ Q ] Thanks so much Jeanette! Anything else you'd like to share?
Thanks you for taking the time out to interview me and I look forward to great things happening in 2005. Thanks everyone that has e-mailed me and God Bless.

Thanks again and best wishes to you and your family. Kick some booty at your next show and we'll all be routing for you to be on the Figure Pro stage soon.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2005, 11:36:43 AM »
Another FBBer who qualifies as an ALL-NATURAL weight-trained woman is the stunning Italian fitness model FEDERICA BELLI...

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2005, 03:23:59 PM »
How many pictures does this guy Richard have saved on his hard drive?  ??? You're out of control, bro.  ;D
Lee

MiniMike

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2005, 06:54:26 PM »
How many pictures does this guy Richard have saved on his hard drive?  ??? You're out of control, bro.  ;D

Not very much, he's image leeching most of them from other websites.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2005, 09:09:05 PM »
Not very much, he's image leeching most of them from other websites.

True.

Richie Rich is known to jack a few IMG's here and there.....

That's what he does.......he's a teacher......they don't get paid much.   :-\

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2005, 09:21:07 PM »
Natural FBBer and former Playboy mag. "Playmate" REBEKKA ARMSTRONG...

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2005, 02:04:37 PM »

Get In Great Shape: Fitness Model Katarina Van Derham reveals her diet and how she stays in shape year-round.

Katarina Van Derham isn’t your average California blonde. In fact, she’s not Californian at all. Hailing from Slovakia, this blonde beauty embodies the fitness lifestyle and it is easy to see how she has maintained her figure and her aesthetic appeal.With an accent that screams intrigue, espionage and all things Bond-girl, this magnificent Slovakian creature came to the U.S. just six short years ago to do what most people from foreign countries always want to do: Live the American dream. And live it she has.

Within just a few months she secured her first television commercial for Coors Light Beer. This was all the more admirable because, like most from her corner of the world, she spoke very little English and had to learn as she went.Van Derham realized her dream of traveling to the U.S. after reading an article in a Slovakian magazine she came across several years back. “I remember reading not about L.A., but about a small city called Santa Monica. It said that the sun shone all year ‘round there, and that the people who lived there were all happy and positive,” Van Derham says. “Besides, I also knew that fitness star Timea Majorova had moved to Southern California and I was eager for the same kind of life. My dad is a big fan of hers and she’s very popular and famous in my country.” Within mere months of arriving, she established a modeling career. She won the Coors Light stint after just two months of modeling professionally. Shortly thereafter, Van Derham secured a spot as a Bacardi Rum girl — a position that allowed her to travel as a model/spokeswoman and represent the liquor brand nationwide.When asked if she’s seen the lofty heights of billboard-dom yet, she laughs. “Unfortunately, no, but I was officially a life-sized cardboard stand-up!”Katarina enjoys life in L.A., just as she knew she would. But then, life in L.A. was hardly a lateral move. What does she like best about the land of sunshine, fruits and nuts? West Hollywood dance clubs, shopping (who doesn’t?), the ocean and, well, Starbucks!“I love everything about California and the United States, really.

The weather, the opportunities, American men and the pastime of having coffee or tea with friends.”“All in all, I feel I’ve adapted to life here very well. And while many other people complain about driving in L.A., it’s one of my favorite things to do! I just love cars, traveling and fast-paced life!” exclaims the stunner.Keeping up with Van Derham is no easy task. She has endless energy and is always on the move. This, no doubt, helps her retain her fantastic figure. However, she does admit to working at her diet and taking the time to train often. Even the genetically blessed have to ensure that they maintain all that beauty.Katarina’s DietTo stay in shape, Van Derham is diligent about her diet.“I’ve been a vegetarian for about ten years now, though I do eat salmon about 4 to 5 times a week, so my diet has been good for a long time,” Van Derham says.

Van Derham recognizes the importance of taking in the omega 6 fatty acids found in salmon. Not only do these good fats keep her metabolism healthy, they also give her skin and hair a healthy glow.Supplementation for a vegetarian is extremely important. Taking in quality protein powders and amino acids to support muscle growth and repair helps her body stay in shape year round for photoshoots and appearances.Keeping a careful watch on her diet, Van Derham eats multiple small meals a day, often four to five. Each meal contains a good balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats to support her body’s nutritional needs.Training To Stay FitThe 20-something beauty doesn’t have much of a problem staying fit because she embodies the entire fitness lifestyle — she can’t get enough, in fact. And while many pay lip service to the fact that consistency is everything, Van Derham actually is consistent.

Training between two to four times weekly, she goes to the gym based on what’s currently on her agenda, and tries to use instinct to guide her. It really depends on how her body feels on any particular day.Her workout includes a ten-minute warm-up, followed by a full body workout that is circuit training-style and a cardio session of between 45 minutes and one hour on a stair stepper or cardio slide. She is religious about getting in her cardio so that she maintains her lean physique.Because she trains her entire body in one workout, she likes to mix things up in terms of the exercises she chooses each time, as well as which body parts she begins and ends with. This keeps her body from adapting to what she does to it and helps garner her better results.Katarina prefers to keep her weights light and repetitions high to avoid excess bulk and to just concentrate on getting lean definition.

One thing’s for sure though, the gym is definitely her temple.“My workouts are my haven from the stress of my day,” Van Derham says. “I go into the gym one person and come out a much more relaxed version. It’s my therapy.”

To learn more about Katarina Van Derham, visit her website www.katarinamodel.com.Lo ok for Katarina’s premier calendar, in limited edition, on her website soon!    

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2005, 12:21:44 AM »
To learn more about Katarina Van Derham, visit her website www.katarinamodel.com.Lo ok for Katarina’s premier calendar, in limited edition, on her website soon!   
Ok, we're not seriously considering this Katarina chic a bodybuilder, are we Richard? She's attractive (in a cookie-cutter Barbie/Playboy kind of way), but she has no discernable muscle to her "physique". She is a bodybuilder because she tries to eat right, take her vitamins, and works out occasionally?  ::)
Lee

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2005, 07:32:32 AM »
Ok, we're not seriously considering this Katarina chic a bodybuilder, are we Richard? She's attractive (in a cookie-cutter Barbie/Playboy kind of way), but she has no discernable muscle to her "physique". She is a bodybuilder because she tries to eat right, take her vitamins, and works out occasionally?  ::)

Richard decides the criteria.....

It's his thread.

What he says.........goes.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

JKDMan

• Getbig IV
  • The G.O.A.T.
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2005, 09:23:32 AM »

It's his thread.

DIV
Perhaps it goes for Richard, but not for me. I had to check him on this one. I am willing to stretch the definition of a bodybuilder pretty far, but show me a little bulge in the bicep, a slight curve to quads...Something other than just a pair of tight glutes, although those are quite nice.  ;D
Lee

gli_ya

« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
I don't mind a chick with a big nose as long as she knows where to stick it... ;D

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2005, 09:56:23 AM »

It's his thread.

Perhaps it goes for Richard, but not for me. I had to check him on this one. I am willing to stretch the definition of a bodybuilder pretty far, but show me a little bulge in the bicep, a slight curve to quads...Something other than just a pair of tight glutes, although those are quite nice.  ;D

Gee gollies, guys, I guess in this day-and-age with everything from “female” breast-augmented bimbos, transvestites, transsexuals, and “juiced she-he’s”…all running loose…well, things can get “confusing” from time-to-time!?

Anyway, let’s get back to BASICS...

"Bodybuilding" (by definition)-a bodybuilder is ANYONE who lifts weights (free-weight, or machine-resistance, exercise equipment) for the purpose of developing their body-functionally and/or aesthetically. 

This definition would, of course, include all competitive figure/fitness/BB/athletic women, as well as the “recreational bodybuilders”, who do not compete, but just want to improve their appearance/health/strength/athletic-ability through intelligent weight-training (such as populate your local health clubs-or train at home-around the world)!!  Right??!

More "interesting" pics. of recreational FBBer KATARINA VAN DERHAM...

billycarp

• Getbig IV
  • Solid Vermont Redneck
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2005, 10:33:43 AM »
One bullshit would have sufficed, RockinAR.

I've been tempted too.  I've had trainers, fellow competitors, and various men in this industry trying to convince me that anavar, Growth, primo, and a multitude of other "supplements" would do me a world of good.  I thought long and hard about the pros and cons of taking steroids and of remaining natural.  I chose to remain natural and I'd be happy to state the long list of reasons as to why.  I have busted my ass in the gym for 15 years to gain the type of muscularity you see in my physique.  In fact, I trained from the time I was 18 to the time I was 26 before ever "dieting down" for a show.  Pete Grubbs, who works with Tanji Johnson, helped me with my nutrition this year, and I told him expressly...no ephedra, no diuretics (not even over the counter), no drugs.  I wanted to do this the way I knew it could be done, the way it should be done.  I wanted other women to see what can happen when you put balls to the wall, throw everything you have into the workouts, follow the diet, discuss things openly with the person helping you with your diet and your training, and don't fall prey to what is the popular method at the given time.

I have personally seen girls faces change in the last two to three years...I do mean in person, right before my eyes.  Every single time I thought about what a bit of anavar could do for me (judges were telling me I was too tiny...in figure, mind you), I clicked on these very same girls' sites and compared their photos from two and three years ago to now.  The changes scared me every single time I pointed my mouse to their websites.  It was all I needed to say no.  Meet me in person, RockinAR.  Say to my face what you said on here, and you'll get a piece of my mind even more bluntly.  I have been very outspoken about my opinion of gear use in this industry amongst the women and will continue to be whenever someone will take the time to listen to me.

I can totally relate to this as my GF deals with this all the time.

Any women with any muscle is always going to be accused of using.

My GF has incredible genetics for building muscle mass and is naturally very lean.  She basically trains for fun, but I finally convinced her to do her first contest (Pacific USA Naturals in  Anaheim, CA) which she won BTW.  She is not big by any stretch, but carries her muscle well.

Here is a shot from the show:

http://www.graphicmuscle.com/Lindsay/viewphoto.aspx?photocode=18349
musclegurus.net

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2005, 08:36:40 AM »
looks like a crack head to me  ::)
CENSORED BY RON !

billycarp

• Getbig IV
  • Solid Vermont Redneck
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2005, 10:37:21 AM »
looks like a crack head to me  ::)

Actually, it is more of a free-base issue.
musclegurus.net

SEEINDOUBLE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2005, 01:36:30 PM »
Did someone say freebase!!!   ;D  LOL

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2005, 01:26:10 PM »
Here is an IFBB pro. competitive FBBer who claims to be "all-natural"...a 45 year-old mother of two children (!) PEGGY SCHOOLCRAFT. 

A brief "bio." (and photos) of Peggy follow...

I have prepared all of my life for this moment.

Being a drug free athlete and bodybuilding competitor. I regulary faced challengers who used steroids and other perfomance enhancing drugs.

Even though I won many titles and always finished "in the money", I was frustrated by the reputation that those in my industry were portraying.

As a trained nutritionist, I have always treated my body with great care and crusaded against drugs of all sorts. Finally, with Americans becoming more health conscious, the fitness and bodybuilding industry has been forced to "join the 90's". More and more fitness and bodybuilding events are "drug free", with participants meeting very strict IOC standards. More and more health food and supplement manufacturers are withholding support from events that are not drug tested.

It was in this environment that I decided at 37, married with two children, to go back to training and into competition.

The Team Universe competition, held in New York City, is the largest drug tested event in the United States.

On August 16, 1997, I pulled off the unthinkable when as a lightweight I won the Team Universe overall championship in a walk. On October 19 and 20, 1997, I represented the United States and the N.P.C. at the IFBB World Amateur Bodybuilding Championships held in Bratislava, Slovakia, the largest and most prestigious event in the field, and a drug tested competition.

I again unanimously won the lightweight (52 kg) class, becoming the first United States Women's World Champion in many years. With this win and accompanying new title...IFBB Pro...many new oppertunities await me. I look forward to bringing the same condition to the pros stage as I did as an amateur.

Finally and most importantly, there is a huge untapped market of middle aged women and mothers, "thirtysomething"..."married with children", like me, who given the choice, the motivation and the products, can hone their bodies inside and out, like never before.

The millions of women on their treadmills and stairmasters daily are searching for someone to relate to: "an inspirational guru."

Statistics:
Born: March 8, 1960

Hair: Blonde

Eyes: Blue

Height: 5' 0"

Weight: offseason 130, competition 127

Titles
1999, July 16 & 17; Jan Tana Classic (Pro Debut); Top 5 Finish

1998, Acadamy of Bodybuilding & Fitness Awards; Natural Bodybuilder of the Year

1997, October 19 & 20; IFBB Amateur; World Champion

1997, August 16; Team Universe; Overall Champion

1995, September 30; NPC Nationals; 3rd Place Middleweight Class

1994, October 22; NPC Nationals; 4th Place Lightweight Class

1992, October 3; NPC Nationals; Top 10 Lightweight Class

1992, April 11; Junior USA; Lightweight Champion

1991, July 12; Junior Nationals; "Weider" Best Poser Award

1990, July 13; Lehigh Valley National Qualifier; Lightweight Class Champion

1990, April 24; Ms. Southeastern Pennsylvania Regional; 1st Place Lightweight

1990, April 24; Ms. Southeastern Pennsylvania Regional; Overall Champion

1990, March 24; Ms. Delaware County; 1st Place Short Class and Overall Champion

PEGGY'S Photos:

Peggy on the right...

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2005, 02:00:01 PM »
Here is another all-natural FBBer who is a tremendous credit to the "sport" of female bodybuilding as an entrepreneur, promoter, writer, and recreational BBer...LORI VICTORIA BRAUN...

Lori's photo and "bio." follow...

Biography of Lori Victoria Braun:
Lori Victoria Braun is the founder and owner of FemaleMuscle.com. FemaleMuscle.com is the largest bodybuilding site on the Internet measured by content, viewers, and page views. Lori started FemaleMuscle.com in December 1995, long before anybody in the bodybuilding world had any idea of the power and reach of the Internet. She invested a small sum of money saved from her days as a popular New York City fitness trainer and invested in the equipment and small staff needed to launch FemaleMuscle.com.

Today, FemaleMuscle.com is home to more than 75,000 pages of content, over 150,000 photographs, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and its unique Talk Live Program. Lori grew up on the streets of Brooklyn and is a graduate of the University of Florida.

A natural bodybuilder who preaches the benefits of consistent balanced training, meticulous nutrition, and a drug free lifestyle. She is also a martial artist and directs the overall editorial and creative balance that has made FemaleMuscle.com an Internet success. She has appeared on numerous national entertainment and news shows, has been covered extensively by the print media, and has been the subject of many photographic collections by the top bodybuilding photographers in the industry.Lori plans to expand both the audiences and content of FemaleMuscle.com so that it becomes an Internet brand recognized by fitness and bodybuilding enthusiasts and the general public.

Lori's mission is no less than to make every woman and man who visits her sites stronger, healthier, and happier and to realize that everyone can reach their personal fitness and life goals and that there are no boundaries other than those that we place upon ourselves.

billycarp

• Getbig IV
  • Solid Vermont Redneck
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2005, 02:31:49 PM »
Here is an IFBB pro. competitive FBBer who claims to be "all-natural"...a 45 year-old mother of two children (!) PEGGY SCHOOLCRAFT. 

I'm guessing "natural" Vs. "artificial"  :o
musclegurus.net