Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 19, 2014, 08:52:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries  (Read 126647 times)
Canuck
Getbig II

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 12:09:21 AM »

Who's going to break the news to Jonesy from Police Academy?
Report to moderator   Logged
Army of One
Getbig V

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »

R.I.P Onlyme, you will be missed, I think I speak for most of us here in saying we wanted you to pull through,

http://www.keithdjones.com/bio.html

"To all Keith's friends,
Keith passed away today, January 10, 2012. Details will be posted later.
Keith was a wonderful father, a special brother and a friend to everyone.
He will be missed."

"thank you so much steve, he was a great man and even more amazing daddy. i will miss him everyday for the rest of me life. he made me so happy. and i know that he loves all of friends so much. he is such a blessed man.
Memorial service will... be held on Saturday, January 29th 2011 @ 1:00 PM.
Trinity Lutheran Church
4783 W. 130thSee More
Yesterday at 7:06pm ∑ LikeUnlike
#
Jaime Ito Memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 29th 2011 @ 1:00 PM.
Trinity Lutheran Church
4783 W. 130th
...Hawthonre,CA 90250
Yesterday at 7:10pm ∑ LikeUnlike
#
Jodi Swain-gallagher jaime, so sad about ur dad, always the nicest guy, one of those kind people u never forget from high school, and yes, so many others have the same beautiful spot in their hearts with keiths name there. he will always be! my arms r wrapped around u.
5 hours ago ∑ Like"
TrueGrit
Getbig V

Big dude...all the way big dude.

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:25 AM »

This is so sad to read. RIP Keith, your children knew you loved em.

Making a Comeback in 2011

Well, now I am feeling 100 times better and am back in the gym.  My strength is what is coming back very fast.  I have set a goal for myself and look forward to reaching it soon.  I want to be here to see my kids and grandkids grow up.  I want to see my old friends.  I want to bench press over 500 lbs. again and be able to walk anywhere and have people look at me because I am muscular again, not fat.  I want my life back and I am NOW motivated to do it.  When I do, look for me on Oprah.  I will post progress pics as I go along.

And, thank you for reading all this shortened version of my life but I am far from being a writer and write how I talk.  So the people who know me can easily imagine me saying what I write.  I am done procrastinating.

"I don't get sad thinking about dying, I get sad thinking about what I will miss"

O
webcake
Getbig V

Not now chief...

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16:29 AM »

damn, very sad to hear. Came across as a pretty cool guy. Condolences to his family.

No doubt about it...
Fallsview
Getbig IV

Mr. Mike Thompson RV 2014

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »

Was hoping this wasn't true but it seems it is.  Very, very sad.  Keith will be missed!!!
webcake
Getbig V

Not now chief...

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »

Really is terrible news. Seemed like he was on the right path getting his health etc sorted. Again, condolences to his family.   Sad

No doubt about it...
Army of One
Getbig V

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 12:18:29 AM »

This is so sad to read. RIP Keith, your children knew you loved em.

Making a Comeback in 2011

Well, now I am feeling 100 times better and am back in the gym.  My strength is what is coming back very fast.  I have set a goal for myself and look forward to reaching it soon.  I want to be here to see my kids and grandkids grow up.  I want to see my old friends.  I want to bench press over 500 lbs. again and be able to walk anywhere and have people look at me because I am muscular again, not fat.  I want my life back and I am NOW motivated to do it.  When I do, look for me on Oprah.  I will post progress pics as I go along.

And, thank you for reading all this shortened version of my life but I am far from being a writer and write how I talk.  So the people who know me can easily imagine me saying what I write.  I am done procrastinating.

"I don't get sad thinking about dying, I get sad thinking about what I will miss"

Guy was a true character, I get the feeling none of us really knew how ill he was.
TrueGrit
Getbig V

Big dude...all the way big dude.

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 12:21:52 AM »

Guy was a true character, I get the feeling none of us really knew how ill he was.

I know we gave him shit for making excuses but his leg was so bad that Docs recommended he have it amputated. He was battling a tough deal.

O
Vince Basile
Getbig V

Mr Canada 1970

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »

I talked to Keith for over an hour about a week ago. He said he had been busy with business and had spent time with family. He said he hadn't been online for a while and didn't know what was going on here at Getbig. So we had a few laughs when I updated him on his adversary Vince G. That always made him laugh. He seemed his usual happy, confident self. His birthday was on Dec 31 and we talked about getting older. Keith had a great sense of humour and was quick witted. He told me things about the gym business that helped me in my gym. He was a good gym manager and worked in Hawaii. The current financial crises put paid to any huge gym Keith had planned for Las Vegas. He also departed ways with former mate, Pete Gymkowski. Keith said he had a coffee label in Hawaii that was doing well. So he sure had a lot of irons in the fire.

It comes as a shock that he is gone. There are pages of condolences on his Facebook page and that partly tells us who this man was. His stories on Getbig are the stuff of legends and I particularly liked his funny stuff. He send pizzas to Goodrum a couple of years ago! The pranks this guy came up with. What a pity I never got to meet Keith. He said his leg hasn't given him much trouble lately but he was in hospital with pneumonia or something last year. That spider bite changed Keith and his health was awful for years afterwards. He got depressed and began overeating and doing very little. He started to gain weight but in reality he usually carried about 300 pounds. Keith felt he was getting better and was getting back into training.

* k & A.jpg (32.9 KB, 250x143 - viewed 2486 times.)
jwb
Getbig V

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »

Very sad.

Keith gave me some good advice about our upcoming move to Hawaii.
Army of One
Getbig V

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »

I know we gave him shit for making excuses but his leg was so bad that Docs recommended he have it amputated. He was battling a tough deal.

Its sad too think if he hadnt of fallen asleep on the floor and got bitten by that spider he'd probably still be alive today, amazing how the smallest things can change the course of a persons life.
Parker
Getbig V

Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 12:28:57 AM »

DAMN, and I was wondering where he was...this is sad news for the Getbig fam. Like him or not, dude was true to who he was and had awesome stories...
Honour
Getbig IV

She's with me!

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 12:30:50 AM »

Well I don't really post here too much anymore as the new breed just doesn't have that certain something that made for some legendary threads. But Keith for all his flaws seemed a cool dude who lived a hell of a life and will be missed be many. Cya big fella Smiley

Rip bro......
Parker
Getbig V

Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 12:32:22 AM »

From his sister..

To all Keith's friends,
Keith passed away today, January 10, 2011. Details will be posted later.
Keith was a wonderful father, a special brother and a friend to everyone.
He will be missed.

year changed so that the CTers don't go off on a tangent...
arce1988
Getbig V

ARCE USA USMC

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »

RIP
Disgusted
Expert
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 12:33:40 AM »

Damn that really sucks, RIP Keith.  Cry
DK II
Getbig V

Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 12:38:20 AM »

RIP

I think it's safe to say that he provided a  great deal of entertainment and great stories on here.

You will not be forgotten, Keith.

Fallsview
Getbig IV

Mr. Mike Thompson RV 2014

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 12:38:37 AM »

http://cougartown.com/feedback.html

Keith Jones - Cougertown friends and classmates
pellius
Getbig V

RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/12/2011

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2011, 12:46:26 AM »

PIP, my friend. I was looking forward to your moving back to Hawaii this spring. It would have been a pleasure and honor to finally meet you in person and maybe even arm wrestle you.

I am so shocked and a bit devastated by this news. I remember Keith back during his bouncer days at Tequila Willies back in the 1980s in Manhattan Beach, CA.
The_Hammer
Getbig V

President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 12:47:12 AM »

The story he told about the prank at the resturaunt with the chilli and the terrified woman will never be forgotten by me.

RIP
StuartR
Getbig III

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2011, 12:51:24 AM »

RIP keith
you lived a full life, it seems, given how short a time you had
marcie999
Getbig III

History is written by buggers who weren't there

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2011, 12:55:07 AM »

May he rest in peace.

Enjoyed his posts.

Sad

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy
Kim Jong Bob
Getbig V

KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2011, 12:56:20 AM »

wow, thats really sad news
Cleanest Natural
Competitors
Getbig V

Diet first, all else second

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2011, 12:57:27 AM »

This is sad .. but I think me moved on to other things. He lived an interesting life.

Good luck ahead Keith
Max_Rep
Max Rep
Getbig IV

Itís about how hard you can GET hit...

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2011, 12:59:01 AM »

Iím stunned. My condolences to his family.  I helped get Keith a job at Tequila Willies in Manhattan Beach back in the mid 80ís since I knew him from Ray Mentzers Gym. We communicated every so often and I always enjoyed him. You will be remembered and missed my friend.

and keep moving!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!