Author Topic: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries  (Read 365096 times)

Canuck

• Getbig II
Re: Onlyme/Noworries
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »
Who's going to break the news to Jonesy from Police Academy?

Army of One

• Getbig V
R.I.P Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries just died Jan 10, 2011 (serious thread)
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
R.I.P Onlyme, you will be missed, I think I speak for most of us here in saying we wanted you to pull through,

http://www.keithdjones.com/bio.html

"To all Keith's friends,
Keith passed away today, January 10, 2012. Details will be posted later.
Keith was a wonderful father, a special brother and a friend to everyone.
He will be missed."

"thank you so much steve, he was a great man and even more amazing daddy. i will miss him everyday for the rest of me life. he made me so happy. and i know that he loves all of friends so much. he is such a blessed man.
Memorial service will... be held on Saturday, January 29th 2011 @ 1:00 PM.
Trinity Lutheran Church
4783 W. 130thSee More
Yesterday at 7:06pm · LikeUnlike
#
Jaime Ito Memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 29th 2011 @ 1:00 PM.
Trinity Lutheran Church
4783 W. 130th
...Hawthonre,CA 90250
Yesterday at 7:10pm · LikeUnlike
#
Jodi Swain-gallagher jaime, so sad about ur dad, always the nicest guy, one of those kind people u never forget from high school, and yes, so many others have the same beautiful spot in their hearts with keiths name there. he will always be! my arms r wrapped around u.
5 hours ago · Like"

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: R.I.P Keith Jones aka Onlyme just died (serious thread)
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »
This is so sad to read. RIP Keith, your children knew you loved em.

Making a Comeback in 2011

Well, now I am feeling 100 times better and am back in the gym.  My strength is what is coming back very fast.  I have set a goal for myself and look forward to reaching it soon.  I want to be here to see my kids and grandkids grow up.  I want to see my old friends.  I want to bench press over 500 lbs. again and be able to walk anywhere and have people look at me because I am muscular again, not fat.  I want my life back and I am NOW motivated to do it.  When I do, look for me on Oprah.  I will post progress pics as I go along.

And, thank you for reading all this shortened version of my life but I am far from being a writer and write how I talk.  So the people who know me can easily imagine me saying what I write.  I am done procrastinating.

"I don't get sad thinking about dying, I get sad thinking about what I will miss"
O

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:29 PM »
damn, very sad to hear. Came across as a pretty cool guy. Condolences to his family.
No doubt about it...

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 11:17:57 PM »
Was hoping this wasn't true but it seems it is.  Very, very sad.  Keith will be missed!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Really is terrible news. Seemed like he was on the right path getting his health etc sorted. Again, condolences to his family.   :(
No doubt about it...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
This is so sad to read. RIP Keith, your children knew you loved em.

Making a Comeback in 2011

Well, now I am feeling 100 times better and am back in the gym.  My strength is what is coming back very fast.  I have set a goal for myself and look forward to reaching it soon.  I want to be here to see my kids and grandkids grow up.  I want to see my old friends.  I want to bench press over 500 lbs. again and be able to walk anywhere and have people look at me because I am muscular again, not fat.  I want my life back and I am NOW motivated to do it.  When I do, look for me on Oprah.  I will post progress pics as I go along.

And, thank you for reading all this shortened version of my life but I am far from being a writer and write how I talk.  So the people who know me can easily imagine me saying what I write.  I am done procrastinating.

"I don't get sad thinking about dying, I get sad thinking about what I will miss"

Guy was a true character, I get the feeling none of us really knew how ill he was.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 11:21:52 PM »
Guy was a true character, I get the feeling none of us really knew how ill he was.

I know we gave him shit for making excuses but his leg was so bad that Docs recommended he have it amputated. He was battling a tough deal.

O

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 11:22:55 PM »
I talked to Keith for over an hour about a week ago. He said he had been busy with business and had spent time with family. He said he hadn't been online for a while and didn't know what was going on here at Getbig. So we had a few laughs when I updated him on his adversary Vince G. That always made him laugh. He seemed his usual happy, confident self. His birthday was on Dec 31 and we talked about getting older. Keith had a great sense of humour and was quick witted. He told me things about the gym business that helped me in my gym. He was a good gym manager and worked in Hawaii. The current financial crises put paid to any huge gym Keith had planned for Las Vegas. He also departed ways with former mate, Pete Gymkowski. Keith said he had a coffee label in Hawaii that was doing well. So he sure had a lot of irons in the fire.

It comes as a shock that he is gone. There are pages of condolences on his Facebook page and that partly tells us who this man was. His stories on Getbig are the stuff of legends and I particularly liked his funny stuff. He send pizzas to Goodrum a couple of years ago! The pranks this guy came up with. What a pity I never got to meet Keith. He said his leg hasn't given him much trouble lately but he was in hospital with pneumonia or something last year. That spider bite changed Keith and his health was awful for years afterwards. He got depressed and began overeating and doing very little. He started to gain weight but in reality he usually carried about 300 pounds. Keith felt he was getting better and was getting back into training.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 11:26:02 PM »
Very sad.

Keith gave me some good advice about our upcoming move to Hawaii.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 11:26:53 PM »

I know we gave him shit for making excuses but his leg was so bad that Docs recommended he have it amputated. He was battling a tough deal.

Its sad too think if he hadnt of fallen asleep on the floor and got bitten by that spider he'd probably still be alive today, amazing how the smallest things can change the course of a persons life.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
DAMN, and I was wondering where he was...this is sad news for the Getbig fam. Like him or not, dude was true to who he was and had awesome stories...

Honour

• Getbig IV
  • She's with me!
Well I don't really post here too much anymore as the new breed just doesn't have that certain something that made for some legendary threads. But Keith for all his flaws seemed a cool dude who lived a hell of a life and will be missed be many. Cya big fella :)

Rip bro......

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2011, 11:32:22 PM »
From his sister..

To all Keith's friends,
Keith passed away today, January 10, 2011. Details will be posted later.
Keith was a wonderful father, a special brother and a friend to everyone.
He will be missed.

year changed so that the CTers don't go off on a tangent...

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
   RIP

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Damn that really sucks, RIP Keith.  :'(

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
RIP

I think it's safe to say that he provided a  great deal of entertainment and great stories on here.

You will not be forgotten, Keith.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
http://cougartown.com/feedback.html

Keith Jones - Cougertown friends and classmates

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
PIP, my friend. I was looking forward to your moving back to Hawaii this spring. It would have been a pleasure and honor to finally meet you in person and maybe even arm wrestle you.

I am so shocked and a bit devastated by this news. I remember Keith back during his bouncer days at Tequila Willies back in the 1980s in Manhattan Beach, CA.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
The story he told about the prank at the resturaunt with the chilli and the terrified woman will never be forgotten by me.

RIP

StuartR

• Getbig III
RIP keith
you lived a full life, it seems, given how short a time you had

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2011, 11:55:07 PM »

May he rest in peace.

Enjoyed his posts.

:(

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
wow, thats really sad news

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
This is sad .. but I think me moved on to other things. He lived an interesting life.

Good luck ahead Keith

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2011, 11:59:01 PM »
I’m stunned. My condolences to his family.  I helped get Keith a job at Tequila Willies in Manhattan Beach back in the mid 80’s since I knew him from Ray Mentzers Gym. We communicated every so often and I always enjoyed him. You will be remembered and missed my friend.
and keep moving!