Author Topic: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries  (Read 365989 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Keith Jones / OnlyMe - The very best contributions
« Reply #625 on: January 16, 2011, 01:06:55 AM »
Keith talks about Ray Mentzer. Ray stayed at my place for about a year in 1987-88. This is our one degree of separation.

« on: February 15, 2006, 06:16:20 PM » Quote 

Onlyme, i was checking out musclemafia and i clicked on your bio.  i was surprised to read that you were ray mentzer's training partner.  did you know him when he supposedly bulked up to 270?  do you have any pics of him after his retirement

Keith:  Actually when we trained he weighed almost 300.  I know one time we weighed each other I weigh 289 and he was 290.  Weird cause he seemed so much bigger to me.  He had ENORMOUS legs, and his triceps were unreal.  I was wider and thicker though.  My arms size wise were as big if not a little bigger his looked so big cause of his tri's.  My legs were no where near his size though.  And I don't have one pic of Ray.  Never took one.  I hardly ever took pics of people I was with.  Most of the pics I have are from other that took them and sent them to me.

Considering his height I think he carried the weight fine.  He had a small waist from side to side but he had a bowling ball gut.  It did stick out as far as his chest.  To tell you the truth they only parts I really noticed about Ray was his huge legs and triceps.  He was wide but not as wide as me.  He had big delts too.  He basically looked like an off season Pro.  Still strong as hell too.  I saw him several years later at a restaurant and he asked me to sit and eat with him.  I would say he was maybe 260 to 270 in weight.  Not near as stocky as before.

I see that now.  Back then I didn't really think twice about it.  I lifted but didn't follow BB.  It just so happen I trained where most of them went.  It was my friend Dan Keller and his wife Rosemarie who got me into World Gym back in 79'  They used to train and do acrobatics at the old Muscle Beach.  Rose was the mom of a girl I used to like.  Dan was built very good with great arms.  He looked allot like Bill Pearl's body.  Rose was very attractive and had huge boobies.  She was a looker when I knew them but they showed me pics back in the late 50's and 60's of them at Muscle Beach and I could tell Rose was one of the more popular girls. She was HOT!. 

They introduced me to an old friend of theres Ron Depolito who was great friends with Joe Gold and been training at Gold's since the day it opened and then went to Worlds where Joe was.  He brought me in and introduced me to Joe and even paid my membership.  Ron was very vascular and popular in Venice and the BB circle cause he was basically a white pimp.  He had a pink corvette convertible and always had at least one but allot of times 2 girls with him.  He was the man to invite to parties cause he made sure everyone had a girl.

I heard he later lost a leg due to steroids they said.  But that is how I got to meet and train with most of the big names.  Just lucky but didn't think much about it back then.  Louie was probably the most impressive guy I met and trained with just because he was on the Hulk.  Most of the other guys except Arnold and Sergio I didn't know who they were till they were introduced to me.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #626 on: January 16, 2011, 01:14:06 AM »
Someone with the handle little guns wrote this about Keith.

Re: Question for Onlyme
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 12:43:57 PM » Quote 

Keith is a true character and I mean this in the nicest way......

He is a Legend and NOT in his own mind....

Guy has slept with 2 american gladiators at once.....

Shared a protein Shake with Corey Everson

Lifted with Ed Corney

Waxed Franco's car

and so much much more....

It is always great to read his stories.....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #627 on: January 16, 2011, 01:17:03 AM »
When you look at photos of Keith and Ray they look like brothers. Both dark, both had moustaches, and both were huge, muscular guys. They must have had a lot of fun together. Sadly both died way too soon. Ray died about 10 years ago at 47. Keith was about 52 or 53.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #628 on: January 16, 2011, 01:26:39 AM »
Good job Vince! You honor the memory of Keith.

I'll PM the mods.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #629 on: January 16, 2011, 01:31:15 AM »
People urged Keith to write a book about his stories and life. Keith didn't think he did anything exceptional. Maybe he would when he got back into shape. In retrospect I guess you should write something when you are able to.

Book by onlyme
« on: May 02, 2006, 06:46:26 PM » Quote 

Hey onlyme are you thinking about coming out with a book full of stories from your life? They really are entertaining and Id love to have just a huge collection of them to read.

Keith: So many people ask me that.  Even at my high school website that I visit everyday.  I am not that interesting I think.  I am pretty sure most everyone on here has stories to tell.  I just am the one who tells them.  I am considering doing a book when I get back into shape.  Once I get there then I think I have a story people will be interested in.  Including allot of my past.  So hopefully by the end of the year I will be able to start writing.

I basically write like I am talking. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #630 on: January 16, 2011, 01:32:49 AM »
Thanks, Pellius, I am glad some of you guys are reading the thread. It does show who Keith was.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #631 on: January 16, 2011, 01:37:51 AM »
Thanks, Pellius, I am glad some of you guys are reading the thread. It does show who Ray was.

Some it brings tears to my eyes.

I don't know if everyone remembers that Pete Grymkowski use to be a world class bodybuilder.

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: January 16, 2011, 01:40:22 AM »

Amazing build.. pre growth hormone era, yes?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries
« Reply #633 on: January 16, 2011, 01:54:03 AM »
To be honest, im pretty shocked... :'(

damn....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #634 on: January 16, 2011, 01:55:15 AM »
I don't think anyone has won a major national title drug free since 1970.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: January 16, 2011, 05:49:50 AM »
Keith was definitely a good guy as we PM'ed alot. I remember seeing an article about him in MM2K from the 90's, I mailed it to him and as thanks he sent me a Muscle Mafia shirt. I wasn't even looking for anything in return.

His stories were classic!

Will see you in Heaven's Gym....

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #636 on: January 16, 2011, 06:36:06 AM »
i will miss your posts keith.

i'm sure the beings in your next life will enjoy ur stories as much as we did.

:'(
175lbs by 31st July

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #637 on: January 16, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »
Keith talks about working in Over the Top with Stallone.

Re: onlyme---question about Over the Top
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:53:15 PM » Quote  

That was Bruce Wey.  I broke his arm in the Nationals in 1983.  He came back from the hospital in time to see me win and have m sign his cast.  He was known as a wild man.  He usually ate lit cigars on stage while you gripped hands.  His face was covered with hair.  He once ate a live parakeet.  He did drink oil once but ended up going to the hospital to gethis stomach pumped.

In the movie Alka Seltzer was a big sponsor.  I think for $500,000 product placement.  They were trying to figure out how to get a scene in the movie in order to have the product fit in.  So they found Bruce.  In the movie it was actually honey.

Just about every guy that eneded up in the final cut were pros or ex pros.  Ric who ended up taking the art I had originally after Big John Studd quit I don't think ever won a major pro event.  He had a  great look about him.

Short story about me and Bruce and the film.  They actually shot the final scene (competition) during the actual IAC World Championships.  As the picture below shows.  We me and Bruce had to go up againzt each other.  So now all the cameras came over to our table to film us.  As we lock up I feel someting on my shoulders and its Stallone hanging on my right shoulder lokking over to see our match.  The cameras were on Bruce and my camera right.  Well I got a little pissed and let go of the grip and turned around and looked at Sly and said excuse me.  He said sorry and back away.  We lock up again and they say go and about 2 seconds into the match I feel Sly touched my shoulder durng an actual match.  I eneded up beating Bruce on about 20 second or so can't remember.  But, I turned around and looked down at Sly and said f**k you and pushed him down.  He fell on his ass and about 10 guys come running up on stage to pick him up.  I leave the stage to sit with my friends and they all high fived me.  Nothing happened and he left the stage.  

The production made the competition last 19 hours.  They wouldn't people leave the audience who worked as extras.  They actually locked the doors.  they fed everyone and most people got pics.  I remember sitting with two girls and they were talking to me and taking pics and one of them asked me where Sly was.  He came walking in with 10 or so bodyguards and I pointed at him and said there he is.  They both look at him and at the same time said "Man is he skinny".  He weighed about 175 for the movie.  They put sandbags on the scale to increase his weight to 190 or so.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #638 on: January 16, 2011, 08:25:49 AM »
I hoped this was a joke.
Sad.
Keith seemed like a good guy and sure had one heck of a life.
I liked his posts because he met many folks that I adored when I was growing up.
Life is a cycle and Keith will be reborn in a solid body, again pursuing what he likes.

P.I.P.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #639 on: January 16, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »
I really wish I had the oppertunity to meet this gentleman!. Even though only few posts under my belt ,I really enjoyed reading his stories and adventures.The level of charisma that Keith had was phenominal especially when it came to taking on somebody.He was indeed a Majestic person.After reading his bio on his website ,dont know why it somewhat made an impact on me.Personally I am really obliged that I have had just one conversation with him over here.Just like any genuine person he seeked for acceptance and accepted the latter.
Rest in Peace
Amen.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #640 on: January 16, 2011, 11:57:59 AM »
Great Read! looking forward for more! Thanks Vince :)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #641 on: January 16, 2011, 12:05:49 PM »
Keith Jones by far was the most legit celebrity here...impressive...
K

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #642 on: January 16, 2011, 12:08:31 PM »
Keith used Goodrum as a whipping boy, fall guy, target, and all-round moron. That was how onlyme let off steam. Goodrum always came up with new shit to stir Keith. After a while Keith bagged Goodrum left and right and center! Funny stuff, but not to Melvin. That feud is over but Melvin isn't pleased that I featured him in my tribute thread here. I did a search of the forums for 'onlyme' and found 200 pages of threads! A search of 'noworries' found 64 pages of threads. Keith posted almost 20,000 posts here not counting his gimmick accounts! I couldn't believe how many times Goodrum got bagged. Someone would ask some obscure question and Keith would bag Goodrum in his reply! His ability to bag Goodrum was brutal. Those putdowns swelled to epic proportions! :) Goodrum got what he deserved and he certainly deserved what he got.

Keith was a legit celebrity, Vince Goodrum is a nobody and a clown/laughing stock for all...
K

bodyofsteel

• Getbig III
  • Outed!
« Reply #643 on: January 16, 2011, 12:47:02 PM »
It's too bad getbiggers couldn't get him the help he needed in time. He easily had another 30 years of owning left in him. :o

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #644 on: January 16, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »
RIP Keith

newmom

« Reply #645 on: January 16, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »
It's too bad getbiggers couldn't get him the help he needed in time. He easily had another 30 years of owning left in him. :o

but some did try and help him though. He did want to get better.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #646 on: January 16, 2011, 01:47:49 PM »
but some did try and help him though. He did want to get better.
Yea several people tried to help here, apparently he just couldnt things under control. Props to you for getting the job done.  8)

SHOULDERS

Re: The very best contributions from Keith Jones aka onlyme and noworries.
« Reply #647 on: January 16, 2011, 02:13:32 PM »

There is already a thread for Keith, we don't need another one.

hahaha, I bet Goodrum knew how this would turn out. why don't you stick to shit you're good at like sucking off ugly, skinny AIDs victims and being a laughing stock.  ::)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #648 on: January 16, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
i went to supercross in phoenix arizona last night and the guys in front of me in the beer line were talking about getbg and keith passing away.

never knew him, but he seemed to be well liked and respected.

rip

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #649 on: January 16, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
impressive compilation of keith stories and i've enjoyed reading through them. i didn't know keith, but do remember the movie Over The Top quite well. kind of wish i would have met the guy now.