Author Topic: Another Bush in the White House?  (Read 44035 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Another Bush in the White House?
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2014, 01:30:08 PM »
You said exactly this:

Once I pointed out some quotes in which the far-right did in fact beat up on Romney, you suddenly added the qualifier "after the primaries". 

It's musical arguments here.   There's really no point in trying to keep up.  You don't feel the repubs hammered Romney, and I do.  You feel the repub base will "show up and support whoever the GOP chooses", and I don't (and the 08 and 12 data agrees with me).  We can just agree to believe different things, man.

No, they didn't demonize Romney.   But I completely understand that you don't see the distinction between members of the same party attacking each other during primaries and how Obama and Democrats demonized Romney during the campaign. 

And it's obvious you didn't read the stuff you posted. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2014, 04:33:30 AM »
No, they didn't demonize Romney. 

ann coulter was probably the worst.   "We will nominate romney, and we will LOSE"

Pretty awful thing to say.  Disrespectful.  She retreated months later, but yeah, that's bad.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
ann coulter was probably the worst.   "We will nominate romney, and we will LOSE"

Pretty awful thing to say.  Disrespectful.  She retreated months later, but yeah, that's bad.

She supported Romney.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2014, 09:23:27 AM »
GOP Strategist O'Connell: Jeb Bush 'Wants to Run' in 2016
Wednesday, 04 Jun 2014
By Sean Piccoli

Saying that "if his last name wasn't Bush he'd probably already be sitting in the White House," Republican strategist Ford O'Connell says former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush remains a dark-horse candidate for president — and a potential game-changer with his fundraising prowess if he decides to run.

Despite a "rusty re-entry into politics," rankling conservatives with sympathetic remarks on illegal immigration and support for federal Common Core educational standards, Bush "wants to run," O'Connell told Newsmax TV's "America's Forum" host J.D. Hayworth and Newsmax contributor Francesca Page.

"He could conceivably out-fund-raise everyone in the field," said O'Connell, "and as you know, if you can raise enough money . . . in what's likely to be a crowded affair, you always have a chance.

"But it's going to be a game-time decision for Jeb Bush," he said Wednesday.

Story continues below video.

O'Connell listed a few more GOP maybes:

Ohio Gov. John Kasich: "He's got a strong conservative record and he's also got a strong economic record. And . . . it's the second-most important swing state in the Electoral College."

Ohio Sen. Rob Portman: "His future really depends on what Kasich does — they'd be relying on the same well of donors. I love Rob, he's a pragmatic, solutions-oriented guy. The problem is he doesn't exactly light your hair on fire on the stump."

Texas Gov. Rick Perry: "Sometimes you only get one opportunity to make a first impression, and Perry wasn't exactly ready for prime time in 2012. And I'm not sure donors and voters are going to forget."

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee: "He's doing very well in the polls, and I'm going to tip my hat to Mike.... But I'm not sure he wants to run because — let's be honest — he's got a great deal at Fox News."

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez: "Her back story is literally the modern American dream.... I'm going to make this prediction: I see her as the VP choice of just about everyone in the field who could possibly wind up as a Republican nominee."

http://www.guy/2014/06/04/id/575247#ixzz33mZvxnNF

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »
She supported Romney.   ::)

Yes, months after saying "If we don't choose Christie, we will select romney and we will lose", she begrudgingly backtracked and went on FOX to endorse romney and tell us how awesome he was lol".

So yes, EVENTUALLY, ,Ann Coulter did make a statement publicly supporting Romney.  After she made a much more sincere statement publicly saying his selection would result in 4 more years of Obama lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
Yes, months after saying "If we don't choose Christie, we will select romney and we will lose", she begrudgingly backtracked and went on FOX to endorse romney and tell us how awesome he was lol".

So yes, EVENTUALLY, ,Ann Coulter did make a statement publicly supporting Romney.  After she made a much more sincere statement publicly saying his selection would result in 4 more years of Obama lol.

She never demonized Romney.  She supported him.  So citing her as an example of someone who demonized Romney is factually incorrect. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2014, 05:28:14 PM »
Jeb Bush Raises Private Equity Funds as 2016 Campaign Eyed
Thursday, 17 Jul 2014

As other Republicans travel the country laying the groundwork for 2016 presidential campaigns, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush is raising private-equity funds for oil and gas ventures.

Bush, 61, whose family made much of its fortune in Texas oil, has teamed with former Credit Suisse Group AG and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. bankers to create an investment firm based in Coral Gables, Florida, according to regulatory filings disclosed last month.

In April, his firm Britton Hill Holdings LLC used backing from a Chinese conglomerate to acquire a stake in a Stamford, Connecticut, shipping startup seeking to capitalize on surging Asian demand for U.S. shale oil and gas.

“Governor Bush is a businessman and investor and is proud of the work Britton Hill has done to invest in important projects,” said Kristy Campbell, his spokeswoman. “If Governor Bush becomes a candidate for office, he will review and comply with all necessary business disclosures.”

Since Bush completed his second term as governor in 2007, he’s immersed himself in corporate America, joining the board of hospital operator Tenet Healthcare Corp., advising Lehman Brothers and Barclays Plc and giving paid speeches. The son of a former president and brother of another, he’s also engaged in public debates on immigration and education, and is viewed by some within the Republican Party as well positioned to compete for the White House in 2016. Bush has said he will decide whether to run by the end of this year.

http://www.moneynews.com/Personal-Finance/oil-Bush-private-equity/2014/07/17/id/583306#ixzz37m89UPDc

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2014, 06:19:42 PM »
She never demonized Romney.  She supported him.  So citing her as an example of someone who demonized Romney is factually incorrect. 

bahahahahhaha

yes, yes she did.

"Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose" = Demonizing him.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »
bahahahahhaha

yes, yes she did.

"Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose" = Demonizing him.   

Oh brother.  What the heck kind of dictionary do you use??  Do you even follow politics? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
The Bushes, Led by W., Rally to Make Jeb ‘45’
By PETER BAKEROCT. 26, 2014

WASHINGTON — When Jeb Bush decides whether to run for president, there will be no family meeting à la Mitt Romney, no gathering at Walker’s Point in Kennebunkport to go over the pros and cons. “I don’t think it’ll be like a big internal straw poll,” said his son, Jeb Bush Jr.

But if there were, the results of the poll are pretty much in. As Mr. Bush nears a decision to become the third member of his storied family to seek the presidency, the extended Bush clan and its attendant network, albeit with one prominent exception, are largely rallying behind the prospect and pulling the old machine out of the closet.

Oliver Merino, 25, expressed his concerns about immigration Saturday following Hillary Rodham Clinton’s speech at a rally in Charlotte, N.C.Ahead of 2016, Immigration Activists Want Answers From ClintonOCT. 26, 2014
“No question,” Jeb Jr. said in an interview, “people are getting fired up about it — donors and people who have been around the political process for a while, people he’s known in Tallahassee when he was governor. The family, we’re geared up either way.” Most important, he added, his mother, Columba, the prospective candidate’s politics-averse wife, has given her assent.

Within the family, the top cheerleaders have been George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush, both of whom know something about running for president, and both of whom have an interest in perpetuating, if not redeeming, the family legacy. Barbara Bush, the former first lady and Jeb Bush’s mother, is unconvinced, according to people close to the family, but has been persuaded to stop saying it so publicly. George P. Bush, his other son, who is running for Texas land commissioner, has been supportive of what he calls a likely run.

And then there is the larger Bush clan, the vast constellation of friends, advisers, strategists, pollsters, fund-raisers, donors and supporters assembled over several generations in public life. With Jeb Bush, the former two-term governor of Florida, comes one more chance to reach the top. “They’re like horses in the stall waiting for the gate to break,” said one family insider who has known Jeb Bush for decades and like others did not want to be named. “They’re all jumping up and down.”

Just six years ago, at the end of the last tumultuous Bush presidency, this would have been all but unthinkable. But President Obama’s troubles, the internal divisions of the Republican Party, a newfound nostalgia for the first Bush presidency and a modest softening of views about the second have changed the dynamics enough to make plausible another Bush candidacy. And while Jeb Bush wants to run as his own man, invariably this is a family with something to prove.

For the elder Mr. Bush, Jeb was always the son expected to go far in politics, the serious one with drive to spare. After George W. gave up drinking and surpassed his brother, the elder Mr. Bush still harbored ambitions for the second son. Now 90 and in fading health, Mr. Bush has been animated about a possible Jeb campaign, according to friends.

“If it were up to his father, he would be a candidate,” said Jim McGrath, a spokesman for the former president. But the Bushes are wary of the presumption of a dynasty.

“They’re very sensitive to the idea that anyone might think the family feels entitled to the nomination,” Mr. McGrath said. “First of all, it just wouldn’t be true. And second of all, they understand it would be poison to a candidacy if that perception were ever to get out there.”

As for George W., he has not been especially close to Jeb, who is seven years younger. By all accounts, the former president is closer to their younger brother, Marvin, who visited him in the White House or at Camp David regularly.

But George W. has become an outspoken advocate of a White House bid by Jeb. “The one person who is really, really trying to get Jeb to run is George W.,” said the family insider. “He’s talking it up all the time.”

The former president lobbied Jeb when the two saw each other in Dallas several weeks ago, but he acknowledged with a laugh that his pressure could backfire. “I don’t think he liked it that his older brother was pushing him,” Mr. Bush told Fox News afterward.

None of that means Jeb Bush will run. He has said he will decide by the end of the year, and could simply be keeping the possibility open to enhance his influence on the political stage. To some who have spoken with him in recent months, he has not exhibited the same fire that his father and brother did at this stage.

Advisers to Mr. Bush said he has not authorized anyone to line up money or people to work for him. Some of the positions he has taken on immigration, taxes and education are at odds with the prevailing orthodoxy of his party. He knows he would have to find a way to distance himself from some of the unpopular decisions of his father, and especially of his brother, while overcoming broader Bush fatigue.

And he has said publicly he does not want to run if it means getting caught in the “vortex of a mud fight,” acutely aware of the perils of bringing his family into the harsh light of modern politics. Columba was once stopped by customs agents for not declaring the full value of $19,000 in clothing and jewelry she bought in Paris, and their daughter Noelle was arrested on a prescription drug fraud charge a dozen years ago.

“He has certainly not given anyone I’m aware of the ability to have conversations with potential donors or staff to keep his powder dry,” said Sally Bradshaw, a longtime adviser. “That doesn’t mean people don’t call us and say we want Jeb to run. But he has not given a green light to that.”

Having said that, Mr. Bush has been active on the campaign trail, effectively building up chits. He has appeared at more than 35 campaign events for such figures as Governors Nikki R. Haley of South Carolina, Susana Martinez of New Mexico, Mary Fallin of Oklahoma and Rick Snyder of Michigan and Senate candidates like Joni Ernst in Iowa, Tom Cotton in Arkansas and Cory Gardner in Colorado.

He has cultivated the family network as well, appearing at an anniversary of his father’s administration held in College Station, Tex., last spring and speaking to many other family supporters at his brother’s presidential library outside Dallas several weeks ago. The family believes the party’s money men have been waiting for Jeb and will give him an instant foundation if he runs, making him an establishment favorite against the insurgent conservative wing of the party.

Continue reading the main storyContinue reading the main storyContinue reading the main story
“The Bush network is definitely there, and a lot of good feelings about both 41 and 43 and what they stood for — a lot of that translates to Jeb,” said Mark Langdale, former president of the George W. Bush Foundation who saw him in Dallas. “He had a great record in Florida. He’s somebody who could bring a lot of different groups together. He’s a thoughtful guy.”

In an interview that aired on “This Week” on ABC News on Sunday, George P. Bush said that he thought it was “more than likely” that his father would run. “If you had asked me a few years back, I would have said it was less likely,” he said.

Friends and relatives took notice when Jeb Bush told a reporter during a campaign swing for his son that his wife would support a bid should he make one. Jeb Bush Jr. said that was important. “She’s not a big fan of politics and all the ugly things that go along with it, especially as it seems like it’s gotten worse with every passing cycle,” he said. “But she loves Dad and she loves the country, and I think she’ll be supportive.”

Jeb Bush Jr. said his father would make a decision after next week’s midterm elections, informed by experience no other possible candidate has had.

“If there’s one guy out there who knows how to run a presidential campaign, it’s definitely him,” he said. “He’s been around it, really, since 1980. He understands the full-court press.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/27/us/the-bushes-led-by-w-rally-to-make-jeb-45.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpSum&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2014, 10:54:15 AM »
George W. Bush likes idea of Jeb Bush vs Hillary Clinton in 2016
BY STEVE HOLLAND
DALLAS Mon Nov 10, 2014

(Reuters) - Never mind the potential for name fatigue. Former U.S. President George W. Bush likes the idea of a 2016 presidential matchup between his Republican brother Jeb Bush and Democrat Hillary Clinton.

In an interview as part of the rollout of a book he has written about his father, former President George H.W. Bush, Bush said he is urging Jeb to try to make it three Bush presidents.

Jeb Bush, 61, is a former two-term governor of Florida who is considering entering the Republican presidential nomination race for 2016 and says he'll make up his mind by year's end.

"He's had the experience necessary to be president. He understands what it means to be a leader. He can appeal to different voter groups in an attractive way," George W. Bush told Reuters. "He's got vision," said Bush, adding, that if Jeb decides to run, "I'm all in" with helping him.

Any concerns Americans might have about a third president named Bush would be tempered by the presence of Hillary Clinton in the race, since her husband, Bill Clinton, served two terms as president, said Bush.

"There are some people that’ll say there’s no way I’m going to vote for somebody with that name," said Bush. "Of course if he were to run against Hillary Clinton then I think the name issue would somewhat dissipate and then people would pick which one would be the leader. But neither one of them has declared and I really don’t know if Jeb is going to run."

Hillary Clinton, who lost the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 and went on to serve as President Barack Obama's secretary of state from 2009 to 2013, is favored to win the party's nomination if she tries again for the White House. She has said she will make up her mind early next year.

BUSH'S POPULARITY IMPROVES

In the interview, conducted on Friday at the George W. Bush presidential library in Dallas, the former president, 68, was more willing to talk about current events than he has been in the years since he left the White House in early 2009.

He expressed concern about the rise of the Islamic State militant group in Iraq and Syria and said he backs Obama's goal of destroying the group.

"I'm hopeful that it works. If it doesn't the administration is going to need to adjust," Bush said.

The former president was relaxed and at ease with his place in history. He left office with a 34 percent approval rating from Americans weary of the Iraq war he launched in 2003 and struggling under a collapsing economy.

Now, as many former presidents experience, he is looked on more fondly. A Gallup poll last June said he was viewed favorably by 53 percent of Americans.

Bush shrugged when asked about his improved image.

"There’s a long reach to history and people will analyze the decisions I made for a long time coming, and it will be in context with other presidents and other decisions," he said.Sticking to his pledge not to criticize Obama, Bush said the only thing that surprised him about Republican victories in last week's midterm elections was how many there were.

As far as Obama's struggles in his sixth year in office, Bush said Republican President Ronald Reagan had similarly crushing midterm results in 1986. Bush did not mention the thumping he suffered in the 2006 elections in his own sixth year in office, when Democrats captured control of Congress.

"I have a theory that after six years or seven years or eight years they (voters) kind of get tired of you no matter who are you. And given all the exposure a president gets these days people begin to say, well, when's the next person going to show up? It was certainly my case. And presidents shouldn't take that personally," he said.

The book, "41 - A Portrait of My Father," is a heartfelt tribute to his 90-year-old father, who is confined to a wheelchair and whose memory, Bush writes, has faded.

He charts the elder Bush's career from Texas oilman to Republican president who considered not seeking re-election in 1992 because of the toil on his family. He describes how his father was believed to be on his death bed with pneumonia two years ago, but survived and went on a parachute jump for his 90th birthday.

But the book is revealing about George W. Bush himself. Bush, who published a memoir called "Decision Points" in 2010, again defends his controversial war in Iraq, pushing back against critics who feel he had a go-it-alone strategy, noting that he assembled a substantial coalition against Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein in 2003, just like his father did against Saddam in 1990-91.

"For the sake of our security and the Iraqi people, I hope we will do what it takes to defeat ISIS and allow Iraq's democratic government a chance to succeed," he writes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/10/us-usa-georgewbush-idUSKCN0IU1KC20141110

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2014, 10:13:24 AM »
JEB BUSH PUSHES AMNESTY, MORE HIGH-TECH VISAS AT EDUCATION CONFERENCE
by TONY LEE  22 Apr 2014

At a prominent conference of education innovators, Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who is considering a 2016 presidential run, called for more guest worker programs and a path to amnesty for all of the country's illegal immigrants.

Speaking at what is known as the "Davos in the Desert" event in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Monday evening, Bush said the United States needed "robust guest worker programs" and an expansion of H1-B visas for the high-tech industry," even though the notion that there is a shortage of American high-tech workers has been called a myth. He also called for a "tough but fair path to legalized status" for all of the country's illegal immigrants and an end to immigration quotas for countries.

Bush said that it was not an "American value to have 12-13 million people living in the shadows" and spoke about the need to protect borders and sanction companies that may hire illegal immigrants.

He asserted that the "rags to riches rate" in the country is only four percent and that the American Dream is being replaced with "stickiness at both ends," as those born either wealthy or poor are likely to remain so while the middle class feels the squeeze.

Bush has previously called illegal immigration "an act of love" and said the issue "shouldn't rile people up." Establishment Republican guru Karl Rove even conceded that Jeb Bush was not artful in those remarks. At the conference, which was co-hosted by Arizona State University and GSV Advisors, Bush made no reference to those prior comments, though he has previously defended them.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/21/Jeb-Bush-Pushes-Amnesty-More-High-Tech-Visas-at-Davos-in-the-Desert-Conference

Jeb will be VERY happy about Obama pushing Amnesty thru   :(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2014, 03:30:50 PM »
Conservative leaders gang up to block Jeb Bush, say he opposes Reaganism
BY PAUL BEDARD | DECEMBER 1, 2014

Conservative leaders who had a hand in key Republican victories including Ronald Reagan’s presidency, the Contract with America and the birth of the Tea Party, are ganging up to oppose a Jeb Bush presidential bid, declaring him easier to beat than Bob Dole or John McCain.

“I don’t know of any conservatives who are supporting him,” said Richard Viguerie, chairman of ConservativeHQ.com.

“Jeb is a very good moderate Democrat,” added top-rated talk radio host Mark Levin. “He's very boring. He doesn't elicit excitement and energy outside a very small circle of wealthy corporatists and GOP Beltway operatives. Time to move on.”

The criticism of Bush, a media darling and leading centrist GOP potential presidential candidate, took off when Phyllis Schlafly updated her 50-year-old conservative manifesto, A Choice Not an Echo, with a slap at Bush.

In her latest revision, provided to the Washington Examiner, she wrote: “Do you get the message that the media buildup for Jeb Bush has begun and that the 2016 Republican National Convention may nominate another establishment loser, the next one in line? But it doesn’t have to be.”

Many conservatives are critical of Bush’s support for Common Core educational standards and immigration reform.

But his biggest hurdle may be his last name.

“The objection so many Reaganites have to another Bush is because he is another Bush,” said Reagan biographer Craig Shirley. “He, too, has an alarming belief in centralized authority. From the standpoint of history, the Bush family got their start in 1980 opposing Reagan and Reaganism, as they continue to do today.”

“We just don’t trust him,” said Viguerie, who favors Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence and Sens. Rand Paul and Ted Cruz. “Conservatives are going to be very, very critical of Jeb, not only for the sins of the father and brother, but also for his own views.”

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/conservative-leaders-gang-up-to-block-jeb-bush-say-he-opposes-reaganism/article/2556792

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2014, 08:21:03 PM »
“Jeb is a very good moderate Democrat,” added top-rated talk radio host Mark Levin. “He's very boring. He doesn't elicit excitement and energy outside a very small circle of wealthy corporatists and GOP Beltway operatives. Time to move on.”
Many conservatives are critical of Bush’s support for Common Core educational standards and immigration reform.

THis is pretty true.  HOWEVER, Jeb can definitely win the nomination.  He might get 20% of the vote, maybe 25%.   And the other 75% of the party that wants a conservative will have to split up the vote.  Then, FOX news will tell them that a RINO can really get elected, just like in 08 and 2012.   Hopefully, they'll ignore the pundits and choose a TRUE conservative. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2014, 10:10:52 AM »
THis is pretty true.  HOWEVER, Jeb can definitely win the nomination.  He might get 20% of the vote, maybe 25%.   And the other 75% of the party that wants a conservative will have to split up the vote.  Then, FOX news will tell them that a RINO can really get elected, just like in 08 and 2012.   Hopefully, they'll ignore the pundits and choose a TRUE conservative. 

The lying liar with the fib of the day. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2014, 10:11:38 AM »
Jeb Bush nearing decision whether to run for president in 2016
Published December 02, 2014
FoxNews.com

Speaking at the Wall Street Journal CEO Council Dinner Monday, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he is nearing a decision whether to run for president in 2016.

"I'm thinking about running for president and will make up my mind in short order," Bush said. "I do not know the exact timeline, (but) it will be the same decision making process I've always had."

Bush laid out his blueprint that could serve as his 2016 campaign platform.

Bush said his priorities include an "all-in" energy policy that expands the use of the country's natural resources, a reduction in business regulations, a simpler tax code, an "economically driven" overhaul of the immigration system and a transformation of the nation's education system, the Wall Street Journal reported.

His education platform would better serve the needs of individual children and break up "government-run monopolies" of local school districts, he explained.

He also spoke of his support for higher academic standards and for testing to see if students are meeting them.

Bush also remarked on Congress's potential showdown over the federal budget. He urged Congress to make compromises  to pass legislation and take the focus off trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

Bush says he disagrees with Obama's decision to protect nearly five million illegal immigrants from deportation, but said Republicans should take the lead on the issue.

Bush said he will make his decision in "short order" and will need to do "a lot of soul searching to make that determination."

"I don't know if Id' be a good candidate or bad," Bush said. "I know a Republican can win, whether it's me or somebody else."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/02/jeb-bush-nearing-decision-whether-to-run-for-president-in-2016/?intcmp=latestnews

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2014, 10:46:54 AM »
Jeb Bush nearing decision whether to run for president in 2016
Published December 02, 2014
FoxNews.com

Speaking at the Wall Street Journal CEO Council Dinner Monday, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he is nearing a decision whether to run for president in 2016.

"I'm thinking about running for president and will make up my mind in short order," Bush said. "I do not know the exact timeline, (but) it will be the same decision making process I've always had."

Bush laid out his blueprint that could serve as his 2016 campaign platform.

Bush said his priorities include an "all-in" energy policy that expands the use of the country's natural resources, a reduction in business regulations, a simpler tax code, an "economically driven" overhaul of the immigration system and a transformation of the nation's education system, the Wall Street Journal reported.

His education platform would better serve the needs of individual children and break up "government-run monopolies" of local school districts, he explained.

He also spoke of his support for higher academic standards and for testing to see if students are meeting them.

Bush also remarked on Congress's potential showdown over the federal budget. He urged Congress to make compromises  to pass legislation and take the focus off trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

Bush says he disagrees with Obama's decision to protect nearly five million illegal immigrants from deportation, but said Republicans should take the lead on the issue.

Bush said he will make his decision in "short order" and will need to do "a lot of soul searching to make that determination."

"I don't know if Id' be a good candidate or bad," Bush said. "I know a Republican can win, whether it's me or somebody else."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/02/jeb-bush-nearing-decision-whether-to-run-for-president-in-2016/?intcmp=latestnews

I think if Jeb runs he can win...I would vote for him over Hillary...he's the only Republican who isn't crazy..he could win....if the Tea Party and other conservative factions in the party doesn't tear him to pieces like they did Romney...also it will come down to who the public is most tired of.....the Bushes or the Clintons?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »
I think if Jeb runs he can win...I would vote for him over Hillary...he's the only Republican who isn't crazy..he could win....if the Tea Party and other conservative factions in the party doesn't tear him to pieces like they did Romney...also it will come down to who the public is most tired of.....the Bushes or the Clintons?

I hope both he and Hillary sit it out, but I suspect they are both running.  And you're right that he could very well be the nominee.  Lots of jockeying for big money going on in Texas right now.  I'll post an article about it later.  Whomever gets the money will have a big advantage in the primaries.  That's what propelled Dubya during his first run. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
I hope both he and Hillary sit it out, but I suspect they are both running.  And you're right that he could very well be the nominee.  Lots of jockeying for big money going on in Texas right now.  I'll post an article about it later.  Whomever gets the money will have a big advantage in the primaries.  That's what propelled Dubya during his first run. 

I agree with you about Dubya....the Bushes own Texas and Bush senior is going to call in every favor from his old oil/political buddies...I believe that Hillary has to run because she has an unfulfilled ego that needs to be stroked....I really believe in her heart of hearts she believes she should have been president instead of Bill the country bumpkin...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2014, 11:00:56 AM »
I agree with you about Dubya....the Bushes own Texas and Bush senior is going to call in every favor from his old oil/political buddies...I believe that Hillary has to run because she has an unfulfilled ego that needs to be stroked....I really believe in her heart of hearts she believes she should have been president instead of Bill the country bumpkin...

I agree.   :o   :D

Hillary believes she should have been president instead of Obama and I have to say she likely would have been a better president than what we have seen the past six years. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2014, 11:05:27 AM »
I agree.   :o   :D

Hillary believes she should have been president instead of Obama and I have to say she likely would have been a better president than what we have seen the past six years. 

possibly.....I was as surprised as anyone when Obama ran off those 10 straight primary victories after Hillary won Super Tuesday..I think Hillary was let down by her team because they definitely relaxed and thought they had it won after Super Tueday

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »
possibly.....I was as surprised as anyone when Obama ran off those 10 straight primary victories after Hillary won Super Tuesday..I think Hillary was let down by her team because they definitely relaxed and thought they had it won after Super Tueday

Me too.  He really surprised me.  He is a lousy leader, but he knows how to win elections. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2014, 11:46:32 AM »
Me too.  He really surprised me.  He is a lousy leader, but he knows how to win elections. 

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2014, 12:09:07 PM »
Jeb is very RINO.  Very much.  A strong leader, good statesman, but I disagree with many of his policies.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »
Jeb is very RINO.  Very much.  A strong leader, good statesman, but I disagree with many of his policies.

such as?