Author Topic: Another Bush in the White House?  (Read 44561 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Another Bush in the White House?
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »
such as?

he's all about that amnesty, that amnesty, no wall.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2014, 05:52:58 PM »
Jeb Bush says he hopes he would be a good 2016 GOP candidate
Published December 14, 2014
FoxNews.com

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush in a television interview Sunday said a decision is coming soon on whether or not he is going to run for president -- adding that he hopes he would be a good candidate -- while declaring the need to fix a “broken immigration system” in the U.S.

“I have no clue if I’d be a good candidate, I hope I would be,” the Republican told ABC's Miami affiliate WPLG-TV. “I think I could serve well as president, to be honest with you. But I don’t know that either. I think you learn these things as you go along.”

Bush said he was in the process of writing an e-book about his time as governor and that it would come out in the spring. At about the same time, he will make public about 250,000 emails from his time in office, in an effort to promote transparency and to "let people make up their mind."

Bush said going through the material has reminded him that "if you run with big ideas and then you're true to those ideas, and get a chance to serve and implement them and do it with passion and conviction, you can move the needle. ... And that's what we need right now in America."

Bush also accused President Barack Obama of not listening to the American public.

“If he had he might have shifted gears a little bit in these off-year elections,” he said.

Among reforms that the U.S. needs, Bush said “fixing a broken immigration system is critical.”

“If we are going to be young and dynamic and aspirational, we have to control the border,” he said. “Most people that come to this country come for their families, plain and simple. So, they break the law, there should be penalty -- they pay a fine, they should get back of the line, they should learn English, they shouldn’t get government subsidies. They should work. All those things are the price to pay for coming illegally.”

At the same time, Bush warned not to “ascribe evil motives for people wanting to put food on the table for their families.”

“We've got to get beyond this harsh environment that we're in,” he said. “If we just keep arguing amongst ourselves the net result is this country will ultimately this country will be in decline and our children and grandkids won’t nearly have the same opportunities.”

Meanwhile, Slater Bayliss, a longtime Florida-based Bush aide who helps lead a political action committee founded by Bush's sons, met with strategists in Iowa during a late November trip to his native state.

Former Iowa Republican Party Chairman Chuck Larson was among those who discussed with Bayliss the state's political trends, policy issues and how the state might react to a Bush campaign.

"If Jeb Bush decides to run for president, I believe he will be incredibly well received by conservatives in Iowa," Larson said.

Bush is scheduled to give the commencement address Monday at the University of South Carolina during his second visit in recent months to the state that's set to host the South's first presidential primary.

The same week Bayliss met with Iowa Republicans, Bush was named chairman and manager of a new private equity fund, BH Global Aviation. As first reported by Bloomberg, the offshore fund raised $61 million in September.

Bush's team described the investment as an expansion of an existing, and previously reported, private business, which he would review should he run. Most recent presidential candidates, including private equity investor Mitt Romney, formally cut ties with their business interests years before running.

Bush’s announced moves will likely increase speculation about whether he, whose father and brother have already served as President, will declare his own candidacy for the White House. He would be the early favorite of the Republican establishment, although many conservatives criticize his positions on immigration and education.

Earlier this month, Bush told The Wall Street Journal CEO Council annual meeting that he was nearing a decision about whether he would run and said he would make up his mind "in short order."

"I don't know if I'd be a good candidate or bad," Bush said. "I know a Republican can win, whether it's me or somebody else."

Bush told the meeting that his priorities include an "all-in" energy policy that expands the use of the country's natural resources, a reduction in business regulations, a simpler tax code, an "economically driven" overhaul of the immigration system. He also urged Congress to make compromises to pass legislation and take the focus off trying to repeal the Affordable Care Act.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/14/jeb-bush-to-release-e-book-emails-from-tenure-as-florida-governor/

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2014, 07:26:51 AM »
The Tea Party is going to rip Bush a new asshole

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »
If the big money gets behind him he's going to be extremely competitive in the primaries and caucuses.  Only person who would be able to compete money wise is Romney. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2014, 11:20:18 AM »
If the big money gets behind him he's going to be extremely competitive in the primaries and caucuses.  Only person who would be able to compete money wise is Romney.  

Neither Jeb nor Romney are conservative enough for the majority of repub voters.  More than 51% of repubs are actually conservative.
  BUT if 2008 and 2012 repeat themselves, it'll be a RINO losing to the lib, once again.

I could easily see their $ winning them the nomination, though.  it's just how the process works.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2014, 11:25:14 AM »
"RINO" blah blah blah.   ::)  I think "necon" was much more colorful. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
Please FNG NO!!!! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2014, 11:40:09 AM »
Please FNG NO!!!! 

I don't want him to run either, but I think he's running and will have a very good shot to win the nomination if the big money donors support him. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2014, 11:53:58 AM »
No wonder this country is so FNG screwed

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2014, 12:08:37 PM »
Tell me about.  I really hate that a handful of families have dominated national politics for so long. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2014, 08:03:47 PM »
"RINO" blah blah blah.   ::)  I think "necon" was much more colorful. 

I understand.  By pretending RINOs and neocons aren't real, you don't have to commit to any position or candidate.

You can just jump on bandwagon of whoever is in the lead, and rah-rah them against the Dem that wins.  it's cool.

Personally, I don't care about political families - maybe they have advantages that others do not. Imagine Prez Jeb having a tough issue, and being able to call up the amazing mind/experience of G HW Bush, his dad.  Or his brother.

I don't mind families, if they're good leaders.  Jeb's a good leader.  He's just a major liberal on a lot of issues.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
I understand.  By pretending RINOs and neocons aren't real, you don't have to commit to any position or candidate.

You can just jump on bandwagon of whoever is in the lead, and rah-rah them against the Dem that wins.  it's cool.

Personally, I don't care about political families - maybe they have advantages that others do not. Imagine Prez Jeb having a tough issue, and being able to call up the amazing mind/experience of G HW Bush, his dad.  Or his brother.

I don't mind families, if they're good leaders.  Jeb's a good leader.  He's just a major liberal on a lot of issues.

thats why I like him

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: December 17, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »
thats why I like him

And that the free shit you get each month will still arrive without interruption. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:17 AM »
thats why I like him

Dems & RINOs really will love Jeb.  it's why he could win.

The people on getbig that shit on Libs the loudest, well, they often tend to support RINO candidates.  That's the ironic part.  They will get a Jeb, who is 75% the same as Hilary.  Instead of a Cruz, who is 0% a hilary.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2014, 09:26:01 AM »
And that the free shit you get each month will still arrive without interruption. 

what about all the free shit you get as well?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2014, 09:43:59 AM »

Shut up troll. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
what about all the free shit you get as well?

I pay for you - remember?  when you swipe that blue Bene card in NYS while others who are waiting in line behind you - remember - a thank you to the rest of us would be nice.

And screw Jeb - not voting for him - not now - not ever.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:40 AM »
This is why he is likely running and will be extremely competitive in the primaries and caucuses. 

Big Money Swiftly Backing Jeb Bush Presidential Run
Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014
By Elliot Jager

Jeb Bush's announcement that he has "decided to actively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States" has sent center-right bundlers "rushing" in his direction, "draining" financial support for other candidates," The Washington Post reported.

Politico added that "money men" were cheering the Bush statement and that his Republican rivals will now have to "struggle to raise big cash."

Among those purportedly hardest hit by a prospective Bush candidacy are Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, and Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey.

"I think Jeb's decision this early unexpectedly freezes many potential donors and bundlers who were exploring going with Christie or another candidate," said John Horne, an Arkansas financier and Bush family confidante, the Post reported.

The Bush clan has deep political roots in Texas that trump even Perry's connections. Rubio is seen as a Bush protégé and as dependent upon the same donor base, according to Politico.

Christie aides did not comment on how Bush's announcement might affect the New Jersey governor, according to the Post.

If Bush follows through with a presidential run, Rubio will probably run for re-election to the Senate, said Mel Sembler, a Florida-based member of the Bush circle.

Veteran GOP money bundler Fred Malek said prospective Bush backers will hold off supporting anyone else and wait for a call from for the former governor, Politico reported.

Rubio's spokesman, Alex Conant, told Politico that the Florida senator was less dependent on the same Bush donor base than was assumed.

Rubio contributors will convene in January to discuss his next moves.

"Marco's decision on whether to run for president or re-election will be based on where he can best achieve his agenda to restore the American Dream — not on who else might be running," Conant said in a statement, Politico reported.

Top Republican money people prefer that a single establishment candidate emerge as the party's standard bearer in 2016, The New York Times reported earlier this month. At the same time, candidates are looking for donor commitments before deciding whether to announce.

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/2016-presidency-GOP-bundlers/2014/12/17/id/613498/#ixzz3MBCcoaq8

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »
Not with my vote.   Screw Jeb.   Jeb is worse than W for fucks sake! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »
Unfortunately he doesn't need your vote (or mine).  He needs money.   That's how the game is played. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2014, 12:45:33 PM »
I pay for you - remember?  when you swipe that blue Bene card in NYS while others who are waiting in line behind you - remember - a thank you to the rest of us would be nice.

And screw Jeb - not voting for him - not now - not ever.   

hahah...funny...but I wonder how you got through Law School ??? ??? ???....how many GOVERNMENT LOANS DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE>>>and how much did you borrow and not pay back??? ???

YEP>>>I THOUGHT SO>>>>FREE SHIT

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: December 17, 2014, 01:48:17 PM »

hahah...funny...but I wonder how you got through Law School ??? ??? ???....how many GOVERNMENT LOANS DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE>>>and how much did you borrow and not pay back??? ???

YEP>>>I THOUGHT SO>>>>FREE SHIT

Non e - now eat your free cheese you welfare eBT Obama slave

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #197 on: December 17, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
If this guy gets the nomination, I'm staying home.  I'm not voting for the lesser of two evils anymore.  I'm not voting for Rinos anymore.  Republicans either run a guy who is qualified and principled or I stay home.  Period.  No more Royal families.  No more Bush's, no more Clinton's, no more Obama's either.  I will never vote for anyone in any of these families again.  They had their turn.

I urge other Republican's to do the same.  The Republican establishment will never learn their lesson until we refuse to let them get away with being dishonest, incompetent liberal ass kissers.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: December 17, 2014, 02:24:40 PM »
Non e - now eat your free cheese you welfare eBT Obama slave

so you PAID your entire way through law school without taking loans?...thats not believable...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2014, 10:40:49 AM »
He's about to go all in.

Jeb Bush, in Boost to 2016 Bid, Resigns From Barclays
Thursday, 18 Dec 2014
By Drew MacKenzie

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has cleared the way to a White House run by resigning his position at Barclays bank.

The potential Republican presidential candidate will be leaving his job as a paid adviser to the institution on Dec. 31, according to Politico, citing a Financial Times report.

The Times' report is headlined, "Jeb Bush’s web of interests face scrutiny as he explores presidential bid."

In 2012, GOP nominee Mitt Romney came under close examination for his business dealings while working at Bain Capital, a buyout firm, Politico reported.

Earlier this week, Bush took his most definitive step yet toward running for president, announcing plans to "actively explore" a campaign and form a new political operation allowing him to raise money for like-minded Republicans.

In a holiday message posted on Bush's Facebook page and Twitter account, the son and brother of past Republican presidents said he discussed the "future of our nation" and a potential bid for the White House with members of his family over the Thanksgiving holiday.

"As a result of these conversations and thoughtful consideration of the kind of strong leadership I think America needs, I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for president of the United States," Bush wrote.

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/barclays-bain-capital-presidency-republicans/2014/12/18/id/613813/#ixzz3MHBZpRps