Author Topic: Another Bush in the White House?  (Read 44367 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Another Bush in the White House?
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2015, 10:58:29 AM »
ZUCKERMAN: JEB WILL BE GOP NOMINEE IN 2016
by IAN HANCHETT10 Jan 2015

US News and World Report Chairman and Editor-in-Chief and publisher of The New York Daily News, Mort Zuckerman predicted that Jeb Bush will win the 2016 GOP nomination on Friday’s “McLaughlin Group.”

After fellow panelist Eleanor Clift predicted that Jeb will “sew up the major GOP donors by Spring,” Zuckerman went one step further, declaring “Jeb Bush will be the Republican nominee for the presidency.”

http://www.breitbart.com/?p=610500

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2015, 11:15:13 AM »
Zuckerman had a nice prediction about Rob Portman in 2012 too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2015, 11:36:25 AM »

You, as a clinton voter, might be upset that I was supporting 4 republicans there.

Sorry about that. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »
You, as a clinton voter, might be upset that I was supporting 4 republicans there.

Sorry about that. 

So I probably will vote dem.  i'd love to see Obama choose a Wes Clark for a running mate, or a Jim Webb, possibly more likely, for strong military and defense credibility.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »

that was 2008.

In 2015, I'm a motherfccking republican.  And you're a RINO.   That's how things are today. 

I'd impeach obama, you would not.  I'd support cruz, you'd support romney or jeb.

The next election will be held in 2016, not 2008. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2015, 11:54:45 AM »
that was 2008.

In 2015, I'm a motherfccking republican.  And you're a RINO.   That's how things are today. 

I'd impeach obama, you would not.  I'd support cruz, you'd support romney or jeb.

The next election will be held in 2016, not 2008. 

Ok you pathological liar.  Quote me calling myself a Republican.  You are obviously too stupid to even know what a "RINO" is.  lol   

In 2015, you are what you were in 2010 and 2012 (and every other year):  a lying liberal lackey. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »
Ok you pathological liar.  Quote me calling myself a Republican.  You are obviously too stupid to even know what a "RINO" is.  lol   

In 2015, you are what you were in 2010 and 2012 (and every other year):  a lying liberal lackey. 

If you're not a republican, then you're part of the problem.  Sorry, but that's just the truth.  Either you are 100% against this Obama/Boehnner/Reid/Mccain bullshit cycle, or you support it.  No other way around it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2015, 12:15:15 PM »
If you're not a republican, then you're part of the problem.  Sorry, but that's just the truth.  Either you are 100% against this Obama/Boehnner/Reid/Mccain bullshit cycle, or you support it.  No other way around it. 

So no quote with me calling myself a Republican?  Exposed as the lying liar you are again. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2015, 12:22:01 PM »
So no quote with me calling myself a Republican?  Exposed as the lying liar you are again. 

shit, it's obvious to all here that you're not a republican.

the LAST think you have to worry about it anything thinking you're an (R) lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »
shit, it's obvious to all here that you're not a republican.

the LAST think you have to worry about it anything thinking you're an (R) lol

Ok.  So we established that you don't know what a RINO is, that you lied about me calling myself a Republican, and/or that you are too stupid to know what a RINO is.  Tracking.   

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
Agreed....Daddy is already getting all his rich friends lined up to donate and support Jeb......he's a shoo-in barring any crazy revelations

Could be fun to see him and Mitt duke it out.  Jeb has trashed Romney's campaign performance in the past.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2015, 01:12:51 PM »
Ok.  So we established that you don't know what a RINO is, that you lied about me calling myself a Republican, and/or that you are too stupid to know what a RINO is.  Tracking.  

Oh I know what a rino is.  it's a person who hates liberals but subscribes to plenty of their bliefs.

seriously man, do you want things to just keep on being the same, or do you want the govt to stop the outrageous spending?

The ONLY way it changes is with a far-right candidate.   That's the only way.  Libs and these "middle of road" republicans are going to just keep spending like we have been.  

All the trolling and flaming aside, I think we both want a better America.  And I'm 100% under the impression that only a canddiate like Cruz, who will radically stop the spending, can do this.  

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2015, 01:15:44 PM »
Could be fun to see him and Mitt duke it out.  Jeb has trashed Romney's campaign performance in the past.

I agree....it would a be a nice "battle of the deep pockets" :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2015, 01:21:13 PM »
Oh I know what a rino is.  it's a person who hates liberals but subscribes to plenty of their bliefs.

seriously man, do you want things to just keep on being the same, or do you want the govt to stop the outrageous spending?

The ONLY way it changes is with a far-right candidate.   That's the only way.  Libs and these "middle of road" republicans are going to just keep spending like we have been.  

All the trolling and flaming aside, I think we both want a better America.  And I'm 100% under the impression that only a canddiate like Cruz, who will radically stop the spending, can do this.  

No, RINO literally stands for "Republican in name only."  As in someone who claims to be a member of the Republican Party, but in reality is not. 

Seriously, how friggin stupid are you?  ???

I'm also going to stop asking you why you never tell the truth, because I really believe you are incapable of telling the truth.   :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2015, 09:05:55 AM »
Getting desperate.

Jeb Bush Allies Threaten Wave of Harsh Attacks on Marco Rubio, an Ex-Mentee

Former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida at La Casa de Esperanza, a community organization and school in Waukesha, Wis., on Monday.
MICHAEL APPLETON FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES
By MAGGIE HABERMAN and MICHAEL BARBARO
NOVEMBER 9, 2015

The cash-rich group aiding Jeb Bush’s White House run has filmed a provocative video casting his rival Marco Rubio as ultimately unelectable because of his hard-line stand against abortion.

That group, which has raised more than $100 million, has asked voters in New Hampshire how they feel about Mr. Rubio’s skipping important votes in the Senate.

And the group’s chief strategist has boasted of his willingness to spend as much as $20 million to damage Mr. Rubio’s reputation and halt his sudden ascent in the polls, according to three people told of the claim.

Seething with anger and alarmed over Mr. Rubio’s rise, aides to Mr. Bush, the former Florida governor, and his allies are privately threatening a wave of scathing attacks on his former protégé in the coming weeks, in a sign of just how anxious they have become about the state of Mr. Bush’s candidacy.

Their looming problem: In trying to undercut Mr. Rubio as unaccomplished and unprepared, Mr. Bush is a flawed messenger. Over the years he has repeatedly, and sometimes lavishly, praised the younger lawmaker, often on camera.

In one of many such tributes, Mr. Bush declared in a 2012 television interview that Mr. Rubio had “the intellectual acumen and the fortitude to be a good president.”

Whether or not the onslaught ever materializes, Mr. Rubio and his team are bracing for it and preparing to counter it by sifting through hours of video footage for instances in which Mr. Bush spoke about Mr. Rubio as an admiring ally, not a political foe.

They are also telegraphing a warning that has already reached many of Mr. Bush’s donors: Such an assault, they argue, would be beneath the dignity of the Bush name. And Mr. Bush should focus on resurrecting his own candidacy, they say, not on trying to tear down Mr. Rubio, who they contend represents the future of the Republican Party.

History suggests that each party’s eventual nominee will emerge from 2015 in one of the top two or three positions, as measured by endorsements, fund-raising and polling.

Some Bush donors, campaign aides and Republican operatives are cautioning Mr. Bush and his staff about the dangers of seeking to wound Mr. Rubio, whose career he assiduously nurtured for years when Mr. Bush was governor and Mr. Rubio was a member of the Florida House of Representatives.

“Given their closeness while governing, I find the whole thing baffling,” said Stuart Stevens, a Republican strategist who oversaw Mitt Romney’s 2012 campaign.

“I seem not to be alone,” Mr. Stevens added. “I don’t see any evidence that it’s working.”

Some supporters of Mr. Bush are publicly urging restraint. “At the end of the day, wisdom dictates that an internecine fight between the two is unnecessary, and potentially damaging to both,” said Anthony Scaramucci, a New York financier and Bush fund-raiser.

Mr. Rubio’s campaign sees a potential benefit: Attacks by Mr. Bush and his allies could engender sympathy for Mr. Rubio, as occurred when Charlie Crist, his Republican rival in the 2010 Senate primary, was perceived as overly hostile to Mr. Rubio.

Those involved in the Bush camp’s discussions about whether to assail Mr. Rubio said that no firm plan or timeline was in place and that their focus could shift to different rivals in the coming weeks.

But the preoccupation with Mr. Rubio is revealing, suggesting not just fury at his challenge to a former mentor, but also a conviction that rivals like Donald J. Trump and Ben Carson have no chance of winning and will collapse in time for Mr. Bush to rise again. Mr. Rubio, the Bush team expects, will remain standing.

For many of Mr. Bush’s longest-serving advisers, Mr. Rubio’s run is a betrayal: Mr. Bush backed Mr. Rubio’s bid for House speaker in Florida and persuaded important donors to endorse him for the Senate. A few of Mr. Bush’s supporters have taken to calling Mr. Rubio “Judas.”

In meetings with donors and allies, Mr. Bush’s top aides have pointed to what they describe as a trove of research on Mr. Rubio that they could unleash.

Any attacks on Mr. Rubio would come primarily from Right to Rise, the “super PAC” that has raised more than $100 million for Mr. Bush. Its top strategist, Mike Murphy, refused to detail its strategy but did not dispute that Mr. Rubio was in its sights.

“Part of running for president is you have to put your big boy pants on and get vetted on the issues, so we know we don’t have a dud candidate running against Hillary Clinton,” he said.

Asked about the multiple videos of Mr. Bush praising Mr. Rubio over the years, Mr. Murphy said of Mr. Rubio: “We all supported him for the Senate. We all support him staying there, because he is far from proving he is ready and experienced enough to be president of the United States in a dangerous time.”

Mr. Murphy’s critique echoed an internal Bush campaign memo outlining Mr. Rubio’s vulnerabilities. Under the headline “Marco is a risky bet,” the memo, which surfaced on Oct. 29, said Mr. Rubio “has never been in charge of anything larger than two dozen people.”

The preparatory work by Right to Rise was described by three people privy to it who insisted on anonymity to preserve their relationships with the group and with the Bush campaign.

Right to Rise held focus groups in New Hampshire shortly after the Oct. 28 Republican debate, in which, among other things, the participants were quizzed about Mr. Rubio’s missed votes on two Republican priorities: cutting federal funding for Planned Parenthood, which carries out abortions, and blocking President Obama’s nuclear agreement with Iran. The responses suggested that both could provide potent lines of attack.

In an attempt to blunt Mr. Rubio’s appeal and showcase a potential vulnerability against the Democratic nominee in the general election, Mr. Murphy recently showed some Republicans a video portraying Mr. Rubio as too extreme on abortion. A longtime opponent of abortion rights, Mr. Rubio said in a debate in August that he had “never advocated” laws that would allow abortions, even in cases of rape or incest.

Mr. Murphy has privately said to several people that Right to Rise would be ready to devote up to $20 million to fighting Mr. Rubio, according to several people told of the conversations. Asked about the figure, Mr. Murphy declined to comment.

Aides to Mr. Bush, meanwhile, have grown weary of conflicting advice about how to deal with Mr. Rubio. After the Oct. 28 debate, in which Mr. Bush criticized Mr. Rubio for missing votes, Mr. Bush’s top adviser, Sally Bradshaw, archly noted on a conference call that the very donors accusing Mr. Bush of being too aggressive had previously encouraged Mr. Bush to go after Mr. Rubio.

Many of Mr. Bush’s supporters are eager for political combat.

“I think it’s fair game to point out Marco’s record, or lack thereof,” said Joseph M. Kyrillos Jr., a Republican state senator in New Jersey who is raising money for Mr. Bush. “It’s not below the belt.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/10/us/politics/bush-allies-threaten-wave-of-harsh-attacks-on-rubio-an-ex-mentee.html?_r=2&referer=https://www.google.com/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2015, 09:18:51 AM »
Jeb appears to be a hater.  If he's not going to be the nominee, he's willing to blow all his $ making sure Rubio isn't the nominee either.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2016, 09:30:33 AM »
Goodbye.   :)

Jeb Bush drops out of White House race

The decision to suspend his campaign comes after the former Florida governor delivered a poor showing in South Carolina.
By ELI STOKOLS
02/20/16

Jeb Bush, unable to muster enthusiasm for his presidential bid beyond the family network that helped him raise a record $160 million, is suspending his campaign following a disappointing finish in South Carolina.

The decision follows a string of underwhelming primary finishes for the former Florida governor, including in New Hampshire where he invested heavily and bet on a massive ground organization but still finished behind Donald Trump, John Kasich and Ted Cruz.

He also took only 2.8 percent of the vote in Iowa’s first in the nation caucuses, despite having outspent his rivals there, too, and campaigned until the very end. In South Carolina on Saturday night, he was on track to finish a distant fourth. His archrival Trump trounced the field with 34 percent of the vote, while Cruz and Rubio were running in a virtual tie with roughly 22 percent.

Thanks to his massive financial advantage, Bush had the organization and infrastructure in place to go deep into this nomination fight. He is on the ballot in 43 states. But he never garnered the popular support to match his backing from much of the GOP’s donor class; and the pressure of losing appears to have become too much.

That pressure came mostly from donors who’ve waited months to see more of a return on their investments. Following New Hampshire, many were out of patience. For weeks, many Bush loyalists have grumbled openly about Right to Rise, the super PAC Bush launched in January and entrusted to long-time confidant Mike Murphy, attacking Rubio, who Bush still calls “a close friend.” While some groused that their money was being used to weaken perhaps the party’s strongest nominee, many others worried about the damage being done to the Bush family legacy.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/breaking-news-jeb-bush-is-suspending-his-presidential-campaign-219564#ixzz40v1xLedu

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2016, 10:28:37 AM »
Goodbye.   :)

Jeb Bush drops out of White House race

The decision to suspend his campaign comes after the former Florida governor delivered a poor showing in South Carolina.
By ELI STOKOLS
02/20/16

Jeb Bush, unable to muster enthusiasm for his presidential bid beyond the family network that helped him raise a record $160 million, is suspending his campaign following a disappointing finish in South Carolina.

The decision follows a string of underwhelming primary finishes for the former Florida governor, including in New Hampshire where he invested heavily and bet on a massive ground organization but still finished behind Donald Trump, John Kasich and Ted Cruz.

He also took only 2.8 percent of the vote in Iowa’s first in the nation caucuses, despite having outspent his rivals there, too, and campaigned until the very end. In South Carolina on Saturday night, he was on track to finish a distant fourth. His archrival Trump trounced the field with 34 percent of the vote, while Cruz and Rubio were running in a virtual tie with roughly 22 percent.

Thanks to his massive financial advantage, Bush had the organization and infrastructure in place to go deep into this nomination fight. He is on the ballot in 43 states. But he never garnered the popular support to match his backing from much of the GOP’s donor class; and the pressure of losing appears to have become too much.

That pressure came mostly from donors who’ve waited months to see more of a return on their investments. Following New Hampshire, many were out of patience. For weeks, many Bush loyalists have grumbled openly about Right to Rise, the super PAC Bush launched in January and entrusted to long-time confidant Mike Murphy, attacking Rubio, who Bush still calls “a close friend.” While some groused that their money was being used to weaken perhaps the party’s strongest nominee, many others worried about the damage being done to the Bush family legacy.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/breaking-news-jeb-bush-is-suspending-his-presidential-campaign-219564#ixzz40v1xLedu
I thought Jeb would win....boy was I wrong

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2016, 10:39:42 AM »
I thought Jeb would win....boy was I wrong

I thought he would be the frontrunner.  Did not see this coming at the start of the race. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2016, 10:49:48 AM »
I'm sure none of us are unhappy about it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »
I thought he would be the frontrunner.  Did not see this coming at the start of the race. 

Thats what we get for being sensible :-\....its really been a strange year politically

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2016, 10:58:24 AM »
Thats what we get for being sensible :-\....its really been a strange year politically

I forgot you were torn between Hillary and Bush.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2016, 11:03:26 AM »
imagine we're on the cusp of WWIII or a global financial collapse...

Do you want trump (liberal, immature, reactionary) at the wheel?
Or Bush, with generations of successful govt experience?  (even if you think Bush2 did a shit job, he did keep the ship afloat)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »
imagine we're on the cusp of WWIII or a global financial collapse...

Do you want trump (liberal, immature, reactionary) at the wheel?
Or Bush, with generations of successful govt experience?  (even if you think Bush2 did a shit job, he did keep the ship afloat)

Problem is that we'd have to spend all our time figuring just how deep the Bush Gang is in causing the problem to begin with.