Author Topic: Michele Bachmann 2012 Breakdown - Radical Republican Presidential Candidate  (Read 17885 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
My lots of examples are what they are:  lots of examples.  

No... They are an opinion... I have given you actual real numbers... Actual statistics... You give "lots of examples" ::)

3.  Men don't take care of their kids like they're supposed to.  That's primarily why I hear about deadbeat dads so much.  

Wrong... You hear about deadbeat dads because the numbers are so blatantly skewed... Again... when the children go to the woman 7 out of 10 times, that's 70 percent of the time when you can't even say a woman is a "deadbeat", because she already has the kids... then, they go to someone outside of the family 2 out of 10 times... So you are left with only a 1 in 10 chance the Dad gets custody anyway and the woman even has an opportunity to be a deadbeat.

That's just a fact.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
No... They are an opinion... I have given you actual real numbers... Actual statistics... You give "lots of examples" ::)

Wrong... You hear about deadbeat dads because the numbers are so blatantly skewed... Again... when the children go to the woman 7 out of 10 times, that's 70 percent of the time when you can't even say a woman is a "deadbeat", because she already has the kids... then, they go to someone outside of the family 2 out of 10 times... So you are left with only a 1 in 10 chance the Dad gets custody anyway and the woman even has an opportunity to be a deadbeat.

That's just a fact.

You gave me actual real numbers, without a single reference.  They could be accurate, but you likely just pulled the first link you found on Google.  I'm fine with my "lots of examples."  I'm not making some kind of statistical argument.

I did not compare deadbeat moms with deadbeat dads.  I compared the number of stories I hear about deadbeat dads with the number of horror stories I hear about men getting screwed in divorces. 

The reason I hear about so many deadbeat dads is because there are so many of them.  Knuckleheads who don't handle their business.  It's an epidemic.  That's why you have entire state agencies devoted to getting men to support their children.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
You gave me actual real numbers, without a single reference.  They could be accurate, but you likely just pulled the first link you found on Google.  I'm fine with my "lots of examples."  I'm not making some kind of statistical argument.

I did not compare deadbeat moms with deadbeat dads.  I compared the number of stories I hear about deadbeat dads with the number of horror stories I hear about men getting screwed in divorces. 

The reason I hear about so many deadbeat dads is because there are so many of them.  Knuckleheads who don't handle their business.  It's an epidemic.  That's why you have entire state agencies devoted to getting men to support their children.   

No... they are state agencies devoted to getting "parents" to support their children... gender is not required at ALL.

You hear stories because women are also complainers and like to whine about how unfair their lives are... Their is no statistical evidence to support your claim at all.

You want to read a report on custody?

http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/p60-225.pdf

In 2001... 63% of women had some form of support paid to them... so if 6.3 out of 10 people are supposed to get a check as compared to 3.8 out of 10.

You're instantly going to have at least twice as many complaints... Add to that the fact that guys don't sit around and whine or complain... They get shit done... You get your "lots of examples" ::)

If a woman owed me child support, I wouldn't give a damn... why you ask? Because I don't need any woman's money to take care of my kids.

You're basically saying that men are persecuted for being successful... Thanks for making my point for me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
No... they are state agencies devoted to getting "parents" to support their children... gender is not required at ALL.

You hear stories because women are also complainers and like to whine about how unfair their lives are... Their is no statistical evidence to support your claim at all.

You want to read a report on custody?

http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/p60-225.pdf

In 2001... 63% of women had some form of support paid to them... so if 6.3 out of 10 people are supposed to get a check as compared to 3.8 out of 10.

You're instantly going to have at least twice as many complaints... Add to that the fact that guys don't sit around and whine or complain... They get shit done... You get your "lots of examples" ::)

If a woman owed me child support, I wouldn't give a damn... why you ask? Because I don't need any woman's money to take care of my kids.

You're basically saying that men are persecuted for being successful... Thanks for making my point for me.

I see, so the overwhelming majority of women are awarded custody, which means the overwhelming majority of men are ordered to pay child support.  A significant number of those men don't pay, but enforcement agencies aren't targeting men?  Absurd.  You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. 

I never said men are persecuted for being successful.  lol.  Ridiculous.  "Successful" men take care of their kids.  Smart, responsible men don't get chased by the government to force them to take care of their kids.  This is a much bigger problem than men getting screwed in divorces.  (Yes, that is my opinion.) 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I see, so the overwhelming majority of women are awarded custody, which means the overwhelming majority of men are ordered to pay child support.  A significant number of those men don't pay, but enforcement agencies aren't targeting men?  Absurd.  You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. 

How am I talking out of both sides of my mouth... I'm saying that they target whomever owes child support but doesn't pay... Whether they be men or women... Inevitably though, there are more men ordered to pay... therefore, more men will be in default.

So you're the one saying they target men... You.

So let me make sure I understand... You are stating women are treated fairly and are equals, that's why they should be allowed to run companies and be President,  yet men are targeted by enforcement agencies... Even though they by far pay the most child support.

You don't see that you are the one who is talking out of both sides here?

No... you won't... you will try to justify your lunacy with something ridiculous... So go ahead and get started.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
How am I talking out of both sides of my mouth... I'm saying that they target whomever owes child support but doesn't pay... Whether they be men or women... Inevitably though, there are more men ordered to pay... therefore, more men will be in default.

So you're the one saying they target men... You.

So let me make sure I understand... You are stating women are treated fairly and are equals, that's why they should be allowed to run companies and be President,  yet men are targeted by enforcement agencies... Even though they by far pay the most child support.

You don't see that you are the one who is talking out of both sides here?

No... you won't... you will try to justify your lunacy with something ridiculous... So go ahead and get started.

Asking a question and providing someone else's answer?  How original.   ::)

What on earth does child support have to do with women working in business running for political office?  It's difficult to respond to gobbledygook.  One issue at a time. 

I don't have much more to add to men paying child support other than what I've already said. 

I'm not sure how to respond to whatever it is you're saying.  You're all over the place.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Asking a question and providing someone else's answer?  How original.   ::)

What on earth does child support have to do with women working in business running for political office?  It's difficult to respond to gobbledygook.  One issue at a time. 

I don't have much more to add to men paying child support other than what I've already said. 

I'm not sure how to respond to whatever it is you're saying.  You're all over the place.   

That's your answer... ok then.

Please don't comment on Child support anymore... you don't know. If you feel like looking at research and coming back... fine.

As far as women as Presidents of companies or the US... Again, I have provided numbers about that... If women would do a better job, they'd get more CEO jobs... They don't... simple.

People care about money... They want the companies they invest in to succeed... Very few women bring that success at that level.

You call it sexist, but I call it fact... I am all over the place because at the core, it's about women who succeed and in both instances, they are proven not to... In business, they just get fired or don't get jobs, in households, they get welfare from the man who does succeed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Funny how step en fetch it starts these threads yet never comments in them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
That's your answer... ok then.

Please don't comment on Child support anymore... you don't know. If you feel like looking at research and coming back... fine.

As far as women as Presidents of companies or the US... Again, I have provided numbers about that... If women would do a better job, they'd get more CEO jobs... They don't... simple.

People care about money... They want the companies they invest in to succeed... Very few women bring that success at that level.

You call it sexist, but I call it fact... I am all over the place because at the core, it's about women who succeed and in both instances, they are proven not to... In business, they just get fired or don't get jobs, in households, they get welfare from the man who does succeed.

I will comment on whatever the heck I want.  The real solution is don't read and/or respond to something you don't like, or that doesn't interest you.  I do it all the time.   :)

Your comments about women are some of the most preposterous things I have ever read on this board.  They are comments I would expect from someone like SamsonJag.  Your statistics about female CEOs do not prove that women are not capable of running businesses.  If you believe that, then you're not very bright.  As I indicated in another thread, the lack of female CEOs at Fortune 500 companies are a direct result of the glass ceiling, women entering the workforce late due to marriage and/childbirth, and women leaving and then returning to the workforce to raise kids. 

The men who run these companies, many of whom are in their 60s or so, entered the workforce 30 or 40 years ago.  Women did not have a level playing field in the workforce in the 1970s or even part of the 1980s.  If you've talked to many people in upper management, like I have, and listen to what some of them say about women, it's alarming.  The primary complaint I've heard is they're upset that women get pregnant and leave.  Has zero to do with their ability to lead.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I will comment on whatever the heck I want.  The real solution is don't read and/or respond to something you don't like, or that doesn't interest you.  I do it all the time.   :)

Your comments about women are some of the most preposterous things I have ever read on this board.  They are comments I would expect from someone like SamsonJag.  Your statistics about female CEOs do not prove that women are not capable of running businesses.  If you believe that, then you're not very bright.  As I indicated in another thread, the lack of female CEOs at Fortune 500 companies are a direct result of the glass ceiling, women entering the workforce late due to marriage and/childbirth, and women leaving and then returning to the workforce to raise kids. 

The men who run these companies, many of whom are in their 60s or so, entered the workforce 30 or 40 years ago.  Women did not have a level playing field in the workforce in the 1970s or even part of the 1980s.  If you've talked to many people in upper management, like I have, and listen to what some of them say about women, it's alarming.  The primary complaint I've heard is they're upset that women get pregnant and leave.  Has zero to do with their ability to lead.     

You keep saying that... You're saying 30 years and the glass ceiling isn't broken?

We have more BLACK CEOs than we have women... These people were slaves for 400 years, yet they can break the glass ceiling and women can't?

You're right about one thing... you can respond to whatever you want to, you just don't make much of an argument in this case... You go ahead and "stick to your guns" about this... Bottom line is... you're just wrong.

What does being pregnant have to do with it anyway? If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant and wants to have a successful career, no one is stopping them... Nothing but an excuse.

Everything you've said is an excuse for being "less than".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
You keep saying that... You're saying 30 years and the glass ceiling isn't broken?

We have more BLACK CEOs than we have women... These people were slaves for 400 years, yet they can break the glass ceiling and women can't?

You're right about one thing... you can respond to whatever you want to, you just don't make much of an argument in this case... You go ahead and "stick to your guns" about this... Bottom line is... you're just wrong.

What does being pregnant have to do with it anyway? If a woman doesn't want to get pregnant and wants to have a successful career, no one is stopping them... Nothing but an excuse.

Everything you've said is an excuse for being "less than".

Let me make I understand exactly what you're saying.  Are you suggesting men are smarter than women? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Let me make I understand exactly what you're saying.  Are you suggesting men are smarter than women? 

I didn't say that... I said they were more successful... The reasons are not about intelligence, but their social skills.

Men work together to achieve a goal... Even if they typically do not like the person they are working with. The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.

Women do not work together well... They cat fight... Always struggle for power and stab each other in the back more frequently. The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

It has much more to do with how they view their peers... women always try to find fault with other women... They "hate" on each other. Men use other men's skills to their advantage... less "hate".

Go listen to how women talk about other women when out in a public and social setting (such as a bar or club)... Guys almost never do that to other guys in the real world... Only on a bodybuilding forum does stuff like that happen.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I didn't say that... I said they were more successful... The reasons are not about intelligence, but their social skills.

Men work together to achieve a goal... Even if they typically do not like the person they are working with. The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend.

Women do not work together well... They cat fight... Always struggle for power and stab each other in the back more frequently. The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy.

It has much more to do with how they view their peers... women always try to find fault with other women... They "hate" on each other. Men use other men's skills to their advantage... less "hate".

Go listen to how women talk about other women when out in a public and social setting (such as a bar or club)... Guys almost never do that to other guys in the real world... Only on a bodybuilding forum does stuff like that happen.

This happens, but it's primarily less educated staff who engage in this kind of stuff.  White collar female professionals and politicians, by and large, do not have these issues.  They don't have "cat fights."  They function just as well as men in those environments.    

I listen to women talk all the time in public and social settings, both here and across the country.  To say all professional women, or even a majority, don't have the social skills to be successful is untrue.  

And in terms of "back stabbing," it's professional men who are much more ruthless than women in my experience.  People (primarily men) in business can be cutthroat.  Not even close.  

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
This happens, but it's primarily less educated staff who engage in this kind of stuff.  White collar female professionals and politicians, by and large, do not have these issues.  They don't have "cat fights."  They function just as well as men in those environments.   

I listen to women talk all the time in public and social settings, both here and across the country.  To say all professional women, or even a majority, don't have the social skills to be successful is untrue. 

And in terms of "back stabbing," it's professional men who are much more ruthless than men in my experience.  People (primarily men) in business can be cutthroat.  Not even close. 

I disagree.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I disagree.

Obviously.  And there are others like you.  That's why we have Title VII.  lol . . . .

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Obviously.  And there are others like you.  That's why we have Title VII.  lol . . . .

Not a bit... If women prove that they are capable, I have no problem with it... My life experience, as well as the experience of most, has shown otherwise.

I am not against equal rights... I'm against special treatment... Don't get it twisted.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Not a bit... If women prove that they are capable, I have no problem with it... My life experience, as well as the experience of most, has shown otherwise.

I am not against equal rights... I'm against special treatment... Don't get it twisted.

I haven't twisted anything.  You don't believe women are as capable as men in business or politics.  You would never vote for a woman president.  I assume that means any other elected office too? 

Title VII was designed precisely for your kind of mindset. 

As I think about it, I'm not all that surprised, because I've met a number of men who don't like to hire women.  I actually talked to a woman's group about this last year.  It does create additional barriers for them to overcome.   

My life experience tells me you have a warped view of women in society and the workplace. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I haven't twisted anything.  You don't believe women are as capable as men in business or politics.  You would never vote for a woman president.  I assume that means any other elected office too? 

Title VII was designed precisely for your kind of mindset. 

As I think about it, I'm not all that surprised, because I've met a number of men who don't like to hire women.  I actually talked to a woman's group about this last year.  It does create additional barriers for them to overcome.   

My life experience tells me you have a warped view of women in society and the workplace. 

You're just wrong... You have no concept of why I say what I say, even when I've come out and said very clearly why.

You're just delusional when it comes to this point. I will not respond anymore in this thread.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
You're just wrong... You have no concept of why I say what I say, even when I've come out and said very clearly why.

You're just delusional when it comes to this point. I will not respond anymore in this thread.

No worries.   :)  I hope you can overcome your misogyny.   :-\

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Way to be a bitch and go post this shit on the female board Beach Bum!  

Why is it taking women so long to "catch up" (only beginning to now with special favor being given to them)?  

Were white men the recipients of any affirmative action when they triumphed to build great civilizations in Europe, or when they risked their lives to discover our country?

Women play a different important role, they're not fit to play the roles of men just like men aren't fit to play the roles of women.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Why is it taking women so long to "catch up" (only beginning to now with special favor being given to them)?  

Were white men the recipients of any affirmative action when they triumphed to build great civilizations in Europe, or when they risked their lives to discover our country?

Women play a different important role, they're not fit to play the roles of men just like men aren't fit to play the roles of women.

It doesn't bother me he made people aware... he should have linked this thread and not copied and pasted links... That must have taken him a bit and takes viewership away from the Politics board... which he is a mod of apparently, yet takes readers away.

Way more time than I'd be willing to spend on it... I must have got in his head. I can't really say I'm shocked though... He lives in a house with nothing but women (if I recall correctly) so the estrogen must seep into his system by osmosis.

Women will not EVER catch up... even with the special treatment... because of all the reasons I've said.

In 30 years they've gone from 0.1% to a whole 2.5% of running companies... I'm sure the numbers in other leadership roles are the similar.

How many leadership roles in the entire world do women have?

There's a reason for it... and it's because of "guys like me" as Beach would have you believe... That's like saying a black man can't be President because "The Man" is keeping him down.

It just doesn't equate in 2011.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Shut up fool.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
It doesn't bother me he made people aware... he should have linked this thread and not copied and pasted links... That must have taken him a bit.

Way more time than I'd be willing to spend on it.

Women will not EVER catch up... even with the special treatment... because of all the reasons I've said.

In 30 years they've gone from 0.1% to a whole 2.5% of running companies... I'm sure the numbers in other leadership roles are the similar.

How many leadership roles in the entire world do women have?

There's a reason for it... and it's because of "guys like me" as Beach would have you believe... That's like saying a black man can't be President because "The Man" is keeping him down.

It just doesn't equate in 2011.

How do you explain this?

Women leading men in CEO pay
16 top females had salaries 43% higher than male average
By Alexis Leondis
Bloomberg News Service

Chief executive officers' pay is shattering the glass ceiling.

Boosted by a $47.2 million package for Carol Bartz of Yahoo! Inc. and $26.3 million for Irene Rosenfeld of Kraft Foods Inc., compensation for female CEOs at the biggest U.S. companies is booming.

Sixteen women heading companies in the Standard & Poor's 500 Index averaged earnings of $14.2 million in their latest fiscal years, 43 percent more than the male average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News from proxy filings. The women who were also CEOs in 2008 got a 19 percent raise in 2009 — while the men took a 5 percent cut.

"When you see numbers like this, one can truly say that the glass ceiling in corporate America has been shattered," said Frank Glassner, CEO of San Francisco-based Veritas Executive Compensation Consultants LLC. "I don't remember seeing women ever getting paid more than men."

Graef Crystal, a pay expert who analyzed the data for Bloomberg News, said that "compensation committees are saying we don't want to have any trouble" over underpaying women, "so if we err, let's err on the side of giving them too much."

Darwinian competition is also playing a role, said Sheila Wellington, a professor of management and organizations at New York University who studies women business leaders.

"These are the strongest, fittest and toughest who survive," according to Wellington, who said she was offered half the salary of male peers for her first job at a mental health facility in 1968. "They've had to negotiate all the way up the ladder."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20100514/BUSINESS18/5140323/Women+leading+men+in+CEO+pay

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
How do you explain this?

Easy... Special treatment... Same as always.

Women don't want "equality" they want special treatment... No shock there.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Easy... Special treatment... Same as always.

Women don't want "equality" they want special treatment... No shock there.

QFT
I hate the State.