Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52661 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #450 on: May 19, 2011, 02:39:30 PM »
You can buy into any version of the God story you'd like I don't care but in the end you're just basing it off of their version of the story omitting the parts you dislike and it doesn't make it any more true even if it's more palatable , it's just an undated version of the old story
so where is the original story from then ?

;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #451 on: May 19, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
Youre going under the assumption that as human beings, we actually have the ability to explain everything and comprehend everything around us.
We dont.
There is a lot of things that we simply cant explain as humans, especially considering how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of the universe.
I guess where Im different, I believe that there is things that I simply cant fathom or understand, vs others who think that because they cant see something right now means it CANNOT exist.

Nope I'm not assuming that in the least, no rational person who follows science knows that we can't explain everything , science will tell you this up-front  it can't and it's why science is a self-correcting entity and constantly updating itself , I know how small and inconsequential we are in the scheme of things believe me

Lots of things can be responsible for the Universe/Multi-Verse and just because we don't know doesn't mean God gets the credit

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #452 on: May 19, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »
You can buy into any version of the God story you'd like I don't care but in the end you're just basing it off of their version of the story omitting the parts you dislike and it doesn't make it any more true even if it's more palatable , it's just an undated version of the old story

;D

Lots of things can be responsible for the Universe/Multi-Verse

wrong

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: May 19, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »

;D

At first it was oral tradition passed down from generation-to-generation , then it was written down. God was an explanation for what we didn't know or couldn't explain , science has replaced God in the explanation department and with their explanations people still want to piggy-back a God-figure into them

this will give you a great idea on how God and the religion stories work in action

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=1959-cargo-cults-melanesia

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: May 19, 2011, 02:52:24 PM »

wrong

I was playing devil's advocate  ;) and you have a theory that God was responsible for it now only if you had the hard data to back it up you could collect your Nobel Prize  ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #455 on: May 19, 2011, 02:55:02 PM »
At first it was oral tradition passed down from generation-to-generation , then it was written down. God was an explanation for what we didn't know or couldn't explain , science has replaced God in the explanation department and with their explanations people still want to piggy-back a God-figure into them

this will give you a great idea on how God and the religion stories work in action

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=1959-cargo-cults-melanesia
well thats not true, thats just how judaism and western religions in particular came to be.  but ill let that slide for now and operate just on that issue alone.

so those people who talked of god before any bible was written, they were cherrry picking? from what exactly? if god is just a story in a book?

and where did  these people get the idea of god anyways? surely as you have pointed out there wasnt any written story for them to go by..

;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: May 19, 2011, 02:59:03 PM »
well thats not true, thats just how judaism and western religions in particular came to be.  but ill let that slide for now and operate just on that issue alone.

so those people who talked of god before any bible was written, they were cherrry picking? from what exactly? if god is just a story in a book?

and where did  these people get the idea of god anyways? surely as you have pointed out there wasnt any written story for them to go by..

;D

It's true of ALL religions , God was an explanation for the unexplained and he often takes on very human characteristics and flaws , God is a human creation and you can NOT ever escape that. God is the primitive mind's attempt and putting the pieces together and it's no longer needed  

and if by ' talking to him ( God ) ' you mean talking to their consciousness  , I would assume ever since the human mind started to develop

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #457 on: May 19, 2011, 03:04:25 PM »
It's true of ALL religions , God was an explanation for the unexplained and he often takes on very human characteristics and flaws , God is a human creation and you can NOT ever escape that. God is the primitive mind's attempt and putting the pieces together and it's no longer needed  

and if by ' talking to him ( God ) ' you mean talking to their consciousness  , I would assume ever since the human mind started to develop

so where did the god story come from ? who came up with it? and where did that person get the idea?   i know you obviously dont know the person name or anything else, but you seem to know that god is nothing more than a story and anything to the contrary of that story is cherry picking, so to me it seems a very striking contradiction that god owuld have been around before that story was ever written, and in different forms than in that story as well.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »
Bullshit, what a ridiculous statement.  

Anyone who isn't agnostic is a fool as there is no conclusive evidence either for, or against, a creator. Though, the evidence against the need for a creator is constantly mounting. Agnostism is the only logical choice, for now.

Oh yeah...What does it mean to be agnostic.  It means you aren't sure.  You are uncertain.  You are on the fence. You can't make up your fucking mind.

That is bullshit. And believe me, you do not wish to go there.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2011, 03:20:09 PM »
What bet am I trying to hedge?

I am not going to do the work for you, kid.  Get a dictionary and a mind to go with it. FTN.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: May 19, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »
so where did the god story come from ? who came up with it? and where did that person get the idea?   i know you obviously dont know the person name or anything else, but you seem to know that god is nothing more than a story and anything to the contrary of that story is cherry picking, so to me it seems a very striking contradiction that god owuld have been around before that story was ever written, and in different forms than in that story as well.

Which proves there is NO God , it only proves very primitive minds were trying to make sense of the world around and all came up with a conclusion and shows all of their stories contradict each others for therefore NONE of them can be right

God talked to everyone personally and yet none of them could get the story straight , boy God needs to be a better communicator , so many people have a God story yet none of them agree on what , who , she , him , her , is it , is or wants or needs and this is somehow proof of God?

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #461 on: May 19, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »
Bullshit, what a ridiculous statement.  

Anyone who isn't agnostic is a fool as there is no conclusive evidence either for, or against, a creator. Though, the evidence against the need for a creator is constantly mounting. Agnostism is the only logical choice, for now.

LOL

Theist: Agnostics and atheists are fools!

Atheist:  Theists and agnostics are fools!

Agnostic:  Atheists and theists are fools!

;D

I rarely call someone a "fool".  I am much more imaginative than that.   ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #462 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:47 PM »
personal question if you would mind answer, is your wife as devoted to god as you are, was she that before you found god? if not what does she think of the new man of steel?`

all your post about god sounds nuts to me but you seem to be a really happy person

She's 100% on board with me.  We went through some real trauma in 2010 and for the first time in our lives really experienced God's grace, love and power.  Changed my heart completely....I take no credit whatsoever for the change in me.  We've never been happier in our lives and we've been together for 17 years now.  Believe me, others have seen the change as well....some like it and some don't; still, the change is not about me it's about him.  Still have stress and all that mess (I actually have no more stress and responsibility now that before), but I process it all differently now.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #463 on: May 19, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
so where did the god story come from ? who came up with it? and where did that person get the idea?   i know you obviously dont know the person name or anything else, but you seem to know that god is nothing more than a story and anything to the contrary of that story is cherry picking, so to me it seems a very striking contradiction that god owuld have been around before that story was ever written, and in different forms than in that story as well.
God story?....... you have a misconception here of the origin of the "god story" you're assumption is that a fully populated earth was present when God came down to a camp fire and revealed the truth to a chosen few... geez no wonder you think it's silly. Consider the position of a person thinking, God created everything, just for a second (just one second,if you're even capable of it) one man and one woman only, from them came several million with a chosen lineage (from the first generation to the present) in the midst of the growth of human civilization. Through this lineage accurate historical information directly from the first generation is past down.. to create a compilation of historical events and moments in history that could never have been challenged (because they are true). Why would this be hard to do or even hard to believe especially when modern archeology is constantly shedding light on  the matter

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #464 on: May 19, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »
It always bugs me to hear a Christian infer that I lack belief in a god because I somehow want to get away with being a bad person. Problem is, I'm not a bad person and placed next to the average Christian would probably win in a morality test.

Have you considered Christians like the concept of a God that expects them to screw up and then forgives them for it?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you were a bad person.   We're all broken sinners....every one of us.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #465 on: May 19, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »
God story?....... you have a misconception here of the origin of the "god story" you're assumption is that a fully populated earth was present when God came down to a camp fire and revealed the truth to a chosen few... geez no wonder you think it's silly. Consider the position of a person thinking, God created everything, just for a second (just one second,if you're even capable of it) one man and one woman only, from them came several million with a chosen lineage (from the first generation to the present) in the midst of the growth of human civilization. Through this lineage accurate historical information directly from the first generation is past down.. to create a compilation of historical events and moments in history that could never have been challenged (because they are true). Why would this be hard to do or even hard to believe especially when modern archeology is constantly shedding light on  the matter

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/0624_050624_spencerwells.html

If anyone is curious, do a search for "adam gene" you will find some interesting shit. Basically geneologists are proving that we all descend from one male in africa someplace some 6000 years ago.

Knock yourself out with that one atheists.

Actually, here is a challenge- to ALL ATHEISTS- I will renounce my faith if you can prove ONE INACCURACY in the Bible. JUST ONE.

If you can not, you have to admit to yourself that faith is real as is the God that we worship.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #466 on: May 19, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »

If anyone is curious, do a search for "adam gene" you will find some interesting shit. Basically geneologists are proving that we all descend from one male in africa someplace some 6000 years ago.

Actually, here is a challenge- to ALL ATHEISTS- I will renounce my faith if you can prove ONE INACCURACY in the Bible. JUST ONE.
If you can not, you have to admit to yourself that faith is real as is the God that we worship.

x2, I'm with you on this one......millions have tried no one has succeeded, but we are dealing with Getbig here, they are a special breed maybe they will have better luck ;D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #467 on: May 19, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
x2, I'm with you on this one......millions have tried no one has succeeded, but we are dealing with Getbig here, they are a special breed maybe they will have better luck ;D

Attempting to discredit Christians has probably moved more scientific minds to Faith than any other single endeavor. I welcome all challengers  :)

The challenge is open- and I know all the knowitall atheists are going to read this- so, make my day. Prove me wrong.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #468 on: May 19, 2011, 05:04:25 PM »

Do you merely talk your faith or do you actually live it.  Anyone can claim faith, few can actually live up to it.  For instance, do you take steroids to build muscle?  I am not certain but I do believe that I have seen you profess as much on these forums...If so, your faith is now without merit.  And not just in my eye, but if you are to believe in the Christ then it would most definitely be in his as well.  "Tean GH15", eh?

You cannot serve two masters.

You really do not want to go up against me with regard to Christianity and its tenets.  I am not a believer but I know the Word better than you ever shall.  I think Jesus of Nazareth was a great  man.  I just do not believe him to be the son of God.  And now to clarify the meaning of my words in bold above.

You are either for Christ with him in you or you are, quite simply for yourself.  The former is difficult to attain while the latter is easy.  It's called being full of shit.  Don't even think about going there.  I am no enemy of genuine followers of the Christ and I do not belittle such for their true faith.  Those that claim it and live otherwise are the true enemies.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #469 on: May 19, 2011, 05:07:54 PM »
Attempting to discredit Christians has probably moved more scientific minds to Faith than any other single endeavor. I welcome all challengers  :)

The challenge is open- and I know all the knowitall atheists are going to read this- so, make my day. Prove me wrong.

More often than not, "Christians" discredit themselves by their words and actions.  I don't, as you claim, "know it all".  But I do know a lot more than you. Like I said, I am not your enemy, but you really don't want to go there young man.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #470 on: May 19, 2011, 05:16:26 PM »
Do you merely talk your faith or do you actually live it.  Anyone can claim faith, few can actually live up to it.  For instance, do you take steroids to build muscle?  I am not certain but I do believe that I have seen you profess as much on these forums...If so, your faith is now without merit.  And not just in my eye, but if you are to believe in the Christ then it would most definitely be in his as well.  "Tean GH15", eh?

You really do not want to go up against me with regard to Christianity and its tenets.  I am not a believer but I know the Word better than you ever shall.  I think Jesus of Nazareth was a great  man.  I just do not believe him to be the son of God.  And now to clarify the meaning of my words in bold above.

You are either for Christ with him in you or you are, quite simply for yourself.  The former is difficult to attain while the latter is easy.  It's called being full of shit.  Don't even think about going there.  I am no enemy of genuine followers of the Christ and I do not belittle such for their true faith.  Those that claim it and live otherwise are the true enemies.
You claim to know the Bible while implying that you need to be flawless in order to be a christian...this type of thinking leads me to believe you've never read the Bible ever. Chosen men and respected by God have done things you couldn't even imagine,  Abraham, Moses , Samson, David

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #471 on: May 19, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »
You are totally misguided on female bodybuilding.

Let me put it this way- the she-beasts that you see and talk about, they weren't all that attractive (to you and I) from the start.

A pretty girl with muscles is just that- and when a girl diets down, it ain't all that attractive, but it is only temporary.

It's kind of short sighted imo to take a not very attractive woman and post a picture of her dieted down and on androgens and say "SEE! THIS IS WHY I HATE WOMENS BODYBUILDING!"

There are plenty of girls with muscle who are sexy as fuck. Most are complete horndogs are well  :-*

The Christians I know, the true Christians, do not speak in such a manner. Note the bold type above.  Your words, oh follower of Christ and firm believer in God.  If you knew the Bible at all you would know that Christ spoke of such as you.  He referred to those that would be found wanting.  Those that cried out, but Lord!  Look at all we said and did in your name!

And he said to them, I know you not.  And why?  Because like you, they knew of him but they didn't really know him. Your words and actions show as much.  Game, set, match.  You lose.  Fuck That Noise.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #472 on: May 19, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
You claim to know the Bible while implying that you need to be flawless in order to be a christian...this type of thinking leads me to believe you've never read the Bible ever. Chosen men and respected by God have done things you couldn't even imagine,  Abraham, Moses , Samson, David

Foolish child.  I don't merely claim to know, because it is there for all to know.  You only need open not just your eyes, simpleton, but your heart, mind and soul.

I don't believe, but I know that there is much wisdom in the words of Jesus of Nazareth.  Don't just talk it, kid.  Live it. Otherwise, you are a lying sack of shit that just wants to do what he wants to do and then claim faith when he's caught.  Fuck That Noise.

You are no match for me and that's because I know and speak the truth that you and so many others ignore.  Or you can simply belittle the faith you so loudly profess.  Your choice.  Later, kid.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #473 on: May 19, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
The Christians I know, the true Christians, do not speak in such a manner. Note the bold type above.  Your words, oh follower of Christ and firm believer in God.  If you knew the Bible at all you would know that Christ spoke of such as you.  He referred to those that would be found wanting.  Those that cried out, but Lord!  Look at all we said and did in your name!

And he said to them, I know you not.  And why?  Because like you, they knew of him but they didn't really know him. Your words and actions show as much.  Game, set, match.  You lose.  Fuck That Noise.

I can say what I please, it has nothing to do with my faith.

Out of respect for the elderly I will stop there- but your attempt to judge me (as only God can) has already proven you are a false prophet. I bid you good day.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #474 on: May 19, 2011, 05:26:51 PM »

reeves, please do tell me, where does jesus say steroids are immoral? where does he say muscle chicks are not sexy?

;D