Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 51695 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
While True Anus is a gimmicky ass clown he's right with this post.

Here come all the religious nut huggers (I used to be one until I started reading books) with their female-esque emotional arguments about the existence of their long bearded man in the sky. Think about this for a second, the ONLY reason you believe in god or whatever is because you were raised as a little kid going to sunday school, church, communion, bible study...etc or any combination of those things. You just accept it because it was drilled in your head for years, decades, ...

None of your religious zealots have read any of his work so obviously it's heresy that does not make sense.

"hehehe hawkings is god's joke he hehehe" come on. Is that a real argument to support your fairy tale in the sky?

What about the educated, well read atheists who became devote theists?  

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," he added.

Why would anyone be afraid of death if there was no afterlife?  If we just ceased to exist, why would anyone be afraid of that? 

Does anyone have a link to where Hawking explains where the quantum fluctuations came from that he said are the "seeds" from which everything else came into existence?

Also, are there any links to him explaining his views of emotions and consciousness? 
R

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »
And again....

The Word of God was hungrily sought by the Confederate soldiers,
and great efforts were made to provide Bibles from the printing presses in Nashville and other
Southern cities and by importation from Great Britain. Dr. Moses D. Hoge of Richmond risked
his life in running the blockade from Charleston, and later into Wilmington, in order to secure
copies from the British and Foreign Bible Society. That organization was impressively generous.
He went to purchase, but he returned with a gift of 15,000 Bibles, 50,000 Testaments, and
250,000 copies of the Gospels and Psalms bound together. That they were needed is attested by
the incessant demand for them on the part of the chaplains and missionaries with the forces.

AND JUST THINK...THE SOUTH COULD HAVE WON IF THEY DIDN'T PUT SO MUCH EFFORT/FAITH IN "GOD".

STAY/REMAIN/HAVE FAITH/HAVE POSITIVENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 10:22:48 AM »
Why would anyone be afraid of death if there was no afterlife?  If we just ceased to exist, why would anyone be afraid of that? 

Does anyone have a link to where Hawking explains where the quantum fluctuations came from that he said are the "seeds" from which everything else came into existence?

Also, are there any links to him explaining his views of emotions and consciousness? 

Better yet, is there anyone testing his own theories to see if he's even correct in his findings?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »
What about the educated, well read atheists who became devote theists?  

The number of people who have turned like you mention is very few... I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions and I would love to know why they turned. Do you?

Fact is that most well educated academics don't subscribe to any religion...except in cases where it's good for their image like owners of companies, public figures, etc...where their customers, electoral base is religous.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
Better yet, is there anyone testing his own theories to see if he's even correct in his findings?

Do you know any of his theories? How many works of his have you read cover to cover ?

I'm tempted to say NONE

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2011, 10:24:49 AM »
All I know is that most Christians seem more at peace with themselves as opposed to atheists who just seem flat out miserable.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »
10 Page Thread in less than 24 hours

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »
The number of people who have turned like you mention is very few... I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions and I would love to know why they turned. Do you?

Fact is that most well educated academics don't subscribe to any religion...except in cases where it's good for their image like owners of companies, public figures, etc...where their customers, electoral base is religous.

You said that the only reason a person would believe in God is because that person was raised to do so.

As for the number of educated, well read atheists who have become theists, it doesn't matter how few or how many.  Truth is not a democracy.

As for your suggestion that these atheists turned theists are just politicians who lie to get votes:

Antony Flew, Lee Strobel, C. S. Lewis, Josh McDowell just to name a few.  None of these are/were politicians.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
You said that the only reason a person would believe in God is because that person was raised to do so.

As for the number of educated, well read atheists who have become theists, it doesn't matter how few or how many.  Truth is not a democracy.

As for you suggestion that these atheists turned theists are just politicians who lie to get votes:

Antony Flew, Lee Strobel, C. S. Lewis, Josh McDowell just to name a few.  None of these are/were politicians.

You just proved my point. The list of names you have is very few of people who have turned.

Maldoror

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »
10 Page Thread in less than 24 hours

Agreed. And all over nothing. We can never know what comes after death. The person who makes definite statements about death is a liar -- and the people who believe him are fools.

Most people are just very scared, so they want to deceive themselves. Some are scared of endless life, others are scared of endless darkness. That's just the way it is.

Stephen Hawking has been making asinine statements for a couple of years now, by the way. First aliens, and now this shit...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 10:35:21 AM »
Do you know any of his theories? How many works of his have you read cover to cover ?

I'm tempted to say NONE

Actually I have, about 15 years ago I read his book "A brief history of time" and found it interesting (from what I remember of it).

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 10:35:52 AM »
No human being no matter how high their IQ can say for sure theres no after life, no one alive knows for sure.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:17 AM »
You just proved my point. The list of names you have is very few of people who have turned.

No, I just proved you wrong.  You said that the only reason a person would believe in God is because that person was raised to do so.

You said that these atheists turned theists are just politicians who lie to get votes.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »

Thats not a fact at all. Depends on where these educated academics were educated at and where these "facts" were gathered.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2011, 10:39:28 AM »
Actually I have, about 15 years ago I read his book "A brief history of time" and found it interesting (from what I remember of it).

You've actually read a book  :o
from incomplete data

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »
No, I just proved you wrong.  You said that the only reason a person would believe in God is because that person was raised to do so.

You said that these atheists turned theists are just politicians who lie to get votes.

Ok, let me expand my original statement. The ONLY reasons or 99.9% of people who are believers were raised from childhood or the people who convert to fill in the void in their failed life ...like drug addicts, alcoholics...etc who are down and out and turn to anything comforting to "get them through their struggle"

The remaining .1 % you can throw in the more or less rational people like you listed that turn later in life

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2011, 10:42:39 AM »
Why would anyone be afraid of death if there was no afterlife?  If we just ceased to exist, why would anyone be afraid of that?  

For me, any fear is associated with the cessation of existence.  Unlike the Buddha, I have not transcended my desire for life, etc.  If I believed in a heaven in which my desires were gratified better than they are here, that would help me out.

I believe "Hawkings" believes that a "law" like gravity can bring everything into being.  How the law came into being, who knows?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »
You've actually read a book  :o

Yes, I read a shitload. Usually ones that pertain to my work. But when I read other books, I tend to start a few at a time and don't get a chance to finish half of them. Short attention span and get bored easily.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2011, 10:45:05 AM »

Ok, let me illustrate my point in a different way.

In the last few weeks when Trump was in the spotlight for his bullshit presidency run he was heavily supported by the idiot "birthers" because he wanted proof of obamas birth certificate. Do you honestly think Trump either gave a fuck or really supported the birther movement? FUCK NO because it's completely asinine that obama isn't a natural born U.S. citizen. He did it to get support and stir the media pot.

Same thing with the political figures who claim they are religious...why? Because most of their constituents are religious and they'll get votes

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »
Short attention span and get bored easily.

we already knew that about you. that's why we affectionately refer to you as a retard.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2011, 10:46:35 AM »
Ok, let me expand my original statement. The ONLY reasons or 99.9% of people who are believers were raised from childhood or the people who convert to fill in the void in their failed life ...like drug addicts, alcoholics...etc who are down and out and turn to anything comforting to "get them through their struggle"

The remaining .1 % you can throw in the more or less rational people like you listed that turn later in life
these .1% people also built a system of values, a psychism based on other kind of beliefs, influences they ve been fed with subconciously by those who raised them... Which can be considered as a kind of "religion". Basically atheism/science is just another kind of belief, it's just another religion fighting...other religions.

The new mainstream invisible religion is TV and internet. The dominant messages shape our own view of our the modern world constantly. Adultery, sex addictions , hedonism and materialism , consumerism are the new dominant values we re all fed with constantly. Even if you hide from them, other people you have to deal with will project these influences in your own mind. Considering your brain is designed to keep you alive, it will use everything and adapt it to your surroundings so you ll increase your odds of survival and...reproduction.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2011, 10:50:04 AM »

Wrong again!  

Look up Antony Flew, Francis Collins, Lee Strobel, C. S. Lewis, Josh McDowell and you'll see that none of these guys fit your stereotype.

As for the "99.9% of people", show me the peer reviewed scientific study where you got that percentage, or are you just making up numbers and statistics in your head as you go?

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2011, 10:53:03 AM »
these .1% people also built a system of values, a psychism based on other kind of beliefs, influences they ve been fed with subconciously by those who raised them... Which can be considered as a kind of "religion". Basically atheism/science is just another kind of belief, it's just another religion fighting...other religions.

You can call anything a religion based on your stupid reasoning. Bodybuilding religion. Getbig religion. Schmoe religion. California religion.

Here's what people fail to understand who have never read any sort of science type shit.

Science does not set out to prove anything. Science tries to explain why natural phenomena/processes happen. It's ever changing. If a more accepted or plausible theory for a process or phenomenon happens then that is the theory that stands until it gets disprove or a better one comes along.

Science tries to explain things using facts, critical thinking and empirical evidence.....

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2011, 10:53:22 AM »
Ok, let me illustrate my point in a different way.

In the last few weeks when Trump was in the spotlight for his bullshit presidency run he was heavily supported by the idiot "birthers" because he wanted proof of obamas birth certificate. Do you honestly think Trump either gave a fuck or really supported the birther movement? FUCK NO because it's completely asinine that obama isn't a natural born U.S. citizen. He did it to get support and stir the media pot.

Same thing with the political figures who claim they are religious...why? Because most of their constituents are religious and they'll get votes

Again, the educated atheists turned theists that I listed do not fit your political figure stereotype.  Do a little reading on each one of them and you'll see that you are wrong about them.