Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 51712 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #550 on: May 20, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
funny quote, because this is precisely an artefact of a religious belief which is stored, recorded in your brain -and has been genetically transmited from countless generations to others- and reinforced by reading things about religion etc -acquired knowledge which reinforce alrdy stored at birth knowledges, thought patterns geneticalyl inherited from those who spawned you-. Do not forget anything that exists can only be the biological, genetical, physical or psychical sum of what has spawned it. A boy is the sum of physical traits coming from his father and mothers, but also has embeded in his brain behavioral patterns inherited from both mother, father, and grandparents and so on. It is an invisible process we still cannot explain. All of this is contained in our sperm and in the eggs of women. We follow, all life long, these mostly invisible patterns which are stored in our subconscious. We didnt choose any of these patterns. This is why you have men cheating on women , why you have women cheating on men, why you have people who seem to have it all yet have ''abnormal'' behaviors which sometimes erupts out of nowhere. These are in fact patterns embeded in their brains that happen to active themselves or are activated, triggered by some events in their lives. These are in fact strategies of survival, strategies selected by the process of natural selection of evolution. As long as religion ruled occident, it allowed people not to follow these subconscious patterns, repress them and follow rugles that apply to everyone in the society, for the benefit of the group. Now we have destroyed religion, the father figure, and that we sink into materialism we re destroying human relationships and we are atomizing each others.
This is why scientists say that as an human ages, if he s a boy he becomes more and more like his father, and if it s a girl, she becomes more and more like her mother. We are just the continuation of what precedes us and we keep selecting and evolving with for sole an only purpose to survive and reproduce.

Women and men select each others based on physical and psychological traits that might allow the offpsing obtained by breeding with them to have highest odds of survival. Emotions, feelings, are a construct of the process of evolution and natural selection.

When you say we will all find out the truth when we die, you re saying something that is deeply religious.

What if when we die, we do not ''understand'' anything? People say they see their life moving like a slideshow before their eyes at an incredible speed. But that's a bout it.

another certain event is that most people when they re dying start to stop caring about themselves knowing full well they re going to die, but start caring about... their offsprings or the people they loved, often their Mother -the initial source of attachment, love, survival-.

your theory has more holes then Stephen Hawking black hole theory.
A

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #551 on: May 21, 2011, 02:10:35 AM »
Ancient Spartans would have trown a baby hawking of a cliff.  :)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: May 21, 2011, 02:53:11 AM »
WELL if stephen hawkings says that then it must be true ::)

i would hate to be him when he dies and stands before god
irongearco.com

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #553 on: May 21, 2011, 04:46:59 AM »
WELL if stephen hawkings says that then it must be true ::)

i would hate to be him when he dies and stands before god

Well if a Bronze-age book says ( that there is a God ) that then it must be true  ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #554 on: May 21, 2011, 04:52:23 AM »
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #555 on: May 21, 2011, 04:56:22 AM »

your video doesn't work haha lol :P

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #556 on: May 21, 2011, 04:58:45 AM »
your video doesn't work haha lol :P

Not mine. Oh well.... :-\
I hate the State.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #557 on: May 21, 2011, 06:05:32 AM »

Just as an exemple, what model will arnold s. sons follow once adults, with women? Their main model of a father figure is arnold. If they dont find substitutive father to replace his influence they ll reproduce what he s done.
The man you see is the man you'll be.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #558 on: May 21, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »
Watch this:

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #559 on: May 21, 2011, 09:20:50 AM »
You are half right...
Im glad the old testament isnt true.

I can only speak for myself. I've read the old testament.. more than a couple times over the years.. not just the good parts... and if a God like that really existed... we're all fu****.  He was cranky, jealous, angry, allowed Job to be hosed to prove a point, allowed Moses and his men to rape the mindianite women and keep the virgins for themselves after killing the children.. the list goes on.... Then, if I KNEW a god existed who claimed to know the hairs on your head, would answer prayers if you had faith and asked, and this god allowed 4 yr old children to be continously raped by their uncle Bob till they committed suicide... yeah I would have a problem "worshipping" such a god.

I wish the New testament was true. Because I would love to look at the faces of all those righteous christians who when judgement day came, Jesus surprised them with the old "Get thee away from me, " because they forgot to read Matthew's parable about the goats and the sheep and while they went to church, and talked about Jesus, they never lifted a finger to help out others in need.

But thats just me..  

Ag Approved  

Everything you noted speaks about the flaws of man in relation to the perfection of God.  The God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament....he doesn't change, nor do the flaws found in people.  The jealousy of God is well-documented in scripture so no worries there.  If I gave everything to my children, delivered them from turmoil they create themselves again and again and my children chose to give thanks and pledge themselves to an alter made of wood or gold objects they fashioned and ignore me I'd be put out too.......LOL, but that's just me.  

As far as rape of the Midianite woman I pulled this from my earmarked favorites:

Moses and the Midianites
Numbers 31:7-18
They fought against Midian, as the LORD commanded Moses, and killed every man. Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba - the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. Moses was angry with the officers of the army - the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds - who returned from the battle.

"Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weren't the virgin women raped?
There are two parts to this objection: did God instruct or permit the soldiers to rape the women, and did the soldiers actually rape them?

It's clear that God didn't intend for the soldiers to rape the women, but rather to take them captive. The law God had given to the Israelites condemned rape, in some cases punishing it with death (Deuteronomy 22:25-27
But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. 26 Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, 27 for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.
). Also, immediately following the command to spare the virgin women, the soldiers were instructed to purify themselves and their captives (31:19), and rape (or consensual intercourse) would have violated this command (Lev 15:16-18). In the rest of the chapter, the women are usually referred to as people (using the masculine adam), not women or virgins, underscoring the notion that they were seen as captives rather than sexual objects.1

It's theoretically possible that some of the soldiers raped the women, but given the circumstances it seems very unlikely. The soldiers would have known that rape was a violation of both the law and the instruction to purify themselves, as shown above; they had also seen God punish such violations with death during their travels in the desert. In fact, they had recently experienced a plague and executions resulting from their relations with Midianite women (25:1-9), as Moses reminded them. At that time, all those who had sexual relations with the Midianites were killed. It's highly implausible that the soldiers would have wanted to have anything to do with the Midianite women given this context.

So what did happen to the women (and children)? God gave the Israelites permission to marry women they took captive, but they were to treat their wives with respect: the women were to have time to mourn their families first, and were not to be mistreated (Dt 21:10-14). Those who didn't marry would have become servants, but there were rules against mistreating them as well (Ex 21:26-27, Dt 23:15-16). See the article on slavery laws for more on the treatment of female slaves.

Weren't some of the women and children sacrificed (Num 31:25-41)?

No - they probably became servants of the priests. This passage is dealt with in the article on human sacrifice.

Why were the men and non-virgin women killed?

The Midianites conspired with the Moabites to curse Israel (Num 22:1-7). When the curse was turned into a blessing instead (24:10-11), the Moabite and Midianite woman agreed to seduce the Israelite men and in doing so entice them to serve their idols (25:1-9, 31:15-16, Rev 2:14). The Israelites who fell prey to this and engaged in idolatry were also held responsible, and were executed (25:4-5). Virgin women and young girls were obviously not participants in this, so they were spared.

Why was Balaam killed - didn't he bless Israel?

Balaam did follow God's instructions and blessed Israel instead of cursing it as Balak, the Moabite king, wanted him to (Num 24:10-11 - see ch. 22-24 for the whole story). However, following God was not habitual for Balaam: he often practiced sorcery (24:1) and in fact was his idea to bring destruction on Israel by having the women lure the Israelites into sexual immorality and idolatry (31:15-16, Rev 2:14).

What about the Moabites?

The Moabites were a special case - they were descendents of Lot (Gen 19:36-37), and were to remain in the land God had provided for them (Dt 2:9). However, they were excluded from the Israelite community as a result of their actions (Dt 23:3-6).

It's true that people break God's law time and time again in the Old Testament, but that doesn't take away from salvation in Christ, his love for us or his glorious resurrection.

no parole

• Getbig I
« Reply #560 on: May 21, 2011, 04:18:12 PM »
Great contribution to the arguments, awesome....actually I am going to change my mind about God now cause those points you guys made are breathtaking, awesome thanks

You can't answer my question, can you?

This suggests you probably don't take it so seriously, your religious stance that is. After all, the more serious and literal you take religion, the more of a nutjob you act and appear to society. So, consider yourself not so much of a victim to all these man made lies.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #561 on: May 21, 2011, 04:26:41 PM »
You can't answer my question, can you?

This suggests you probably don't take it so seriously, your religious stance that is. After all, the more serious and literal you take religion, the more of a nutjob you act and appear to society. So, consider yourself not so much of a victim to all these man made lies.
Simply not true since more then 50% of the human population believe in a creator, actually way more. so obviously I would only look like a nut job to a small fraction of society and you would be the weird one in the minority, do math braniac.

What was your question again?

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #562 on: May 21, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »
Oh boy, so many posts about the existence of god?

Any kids, mentally retarded or old housewives here??

Santa Claus don't exist either...

Get fucking rid of your stupid religions!

no parole

• Getbig I
« Reply #563 on: May 21, 2011, 04:43:28 PM »
Simply not true since more then 50% of the human population believe in a creator, actually way more. so obviously I would only look like a nut job to a small fraction of society and you would be the weird one in the minority, do math braniac.

What was your question again?

You already answered my question. Just believing in a creator is about as easy and generic as it gets. Anybody can do that and live a hypocritical lifestyle. That is the majority, my friend - people who don't take it so seriously and go about it with a grain of ignorance, such as yourself. I am talking about, as an example, taking the Bible literally word for word and living according to those words. Look at the doomsday people. I think most would call them nuts. You may not agree with their philosophies, but that is one such of an example of a literal pursuit I am talking about.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #564 on: May 21, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »
You already answered my question. Just believing in a creator is about as easy and generic as it gets. Anybody can do that and live a hypocritical lifestyle. That is the majority, my friend - people who don't take it so seriously and go about it with a grain of ignorance, such as yourself. I am talking about, as an example, taking the Bible literally word for word and living according to those words. Look at the doomsday people. I think most would call them nuts. You may not agree with their philosophies, but that is one such of an example of a literal pursuit I am talking about.

Bro your post has no info in it. Nothing scientific, nothing knowledgeable or no statistics just a dumb opinion that us Christians here 24-7 everyday of our lives. What's new

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #565 on: May 21, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/may/15/stephen-hawking-interview-there-is-no-heaven

Sunday 15 May 2011 22.00 BST

I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.

Funny that Stephen Hawking would use this analogy!  It completely contradicts his point.

Computer hardware is like the human physical body, while computer software is like the human soul/mind.

Computer hardware fails and stops working, but its software lives on.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #566 on: May 21, 2011, 08:50:22 PM »
i can tell  ya.. whether you believe in god or a afterlife.. when the moment of truth comes.. and you will be faced with the possibility of shutting yours and you cease to exist.. literally cease to exist.. no memories.. no meaning.. just gone.. you will be praying for a god and praying for a afterlife.. not saying what happens one way or another.. but you can be a die hard atheist all you want.. you wont be come with looking death in the face..

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #567 on: May 21, 2011, 09:31:53 PM »
i can tell  ya.. whether you believe in god or a afterlife.. when the moment of truth comes.. and you will be faced with the possibility of shutting yours and you cease to exist.. literally cease to exist.. no memories.. no meaning.. just gone.. you will be praying for a god and praying for a afterlife.. not saying what happens one way or another.. but you can be a die hard atheist all you want.. you wont be come with looking death in the face..

This is the "no atheists in foxholes" argument.  But not everyone thinks about death the same way that you do. 

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #568 on: May 21, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »
LOL.. how else can ya think of it based on atheists beliefs.. i am not saying that are wrong.. but based on their thinking when its over you cease to exist.. no refunds no do overs.. gone..

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
« Reply #569 on: May 21, 2011, 11:50:32 PM »
LOL.. how else can ya think of it based on atheists beliefs.. i am not saying that are wrong.. but based on their thinking when its over you cease to exist.. no refunds no do overs.. gone..

Yes, I think it's no refunds, no do overs.  But I don't think this way because that's how I want it to be, but because I see no reason to think any other way, apart from wishful thinking.   

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2011, 12:01:50 AM »

Funny that Stephen Hawking would use this analogy!  It completely contradicts his point.

Computer hardware is like the human physical body, while computer software is like the human soul/mind.

Computer hardware fails and stops working, but its software lives on.

It works as analogy if the mind is a product of the brain.  The brain dies, we die. 

How does the mind survive without a body?  Do you believe it does?  If so, why should i also believe it ...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #571 on: May 22, 2011, 06:57:31 AM »
Jesus must have said all this cause it's in red words

AHAAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!  I understand this was meant as a mild insult, but it was funny.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: May 22, 2011, 07:00:42 AM »
your theory has more holes then Stephen Hawking black hole theory.
it's not my theory, it's what i m learning thru my studies in anthropology , theology, sociology and psychology mainly.

I gave some links about my sources, just read about it. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #573 on: May 22, 2011, 10:13:12 AM »
it's not my theory, it's what i m learning thru my studies in anthropology , theology, sociology and psychology mainly.

I gave some links about my sources, just read about it. 
so you are just regurgitating what you learn in class this week?  ::) What a fucking simple minded loser. ::) ::)
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #574 on: May 23, 2011, 05:08:38 AM »
It works as analogy if the mind is a product of the brain.  The brain dies, we die.  

How does the mind survive without a body?  Do you believe it does?  If so, why should i also believe it ...

If the mind is a product of the brain?  Stephen Hawking's analogy still fails and contradicts his point.  

The brain of a computer is the Central Processing Unit(CPU).  Software is the mind/soul of a computer, and it is not a product of the CPU.  

The CPU is physical.  Software is not physical.  The CPU fails and stops working eventually, but the software lives on.