Author Topic: Had the most fucked up and most scariest day yesterday !!!  (Read 6723 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Had the most fucked up and most scariest day yesterday !!!
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:24:29 AM »
I know this is  a long story but fucking read it, I challenge anybody who had a more fucked up day than I had yesterday…

Possibly the scariest moment in my life happened yesterday, and let me tell you I had some fucking shit scary moments, as in walking in a room were they had a weapons deal going and being threatened by some crazy looking Russian thug all the way to getting stabbed.
But nothing, nothing at all could have prepared me for what happened yesterday.

My son has been slightly sick the past few days, nothing serious just a bit of a cold.
So I come home yesterday at 20:00 and he woke up and started crying, my wife puts him back to sleep and we think all is fine, but he woke up 30 min later and it felt like he had a temp, so we measure the temp and I got the kids medicine to bring his temp down.
When I was in the kitchen my wife calls me back in the bedroom and tells me to hurry then fuck up, when and I enter the bed room he was having convulsions in her arms (this is a 1 year old boy we are talking about) he did the whole Exorcist thing of rolling back the eyes until you only saw the white and twitching and not breathing.

I fucking lost it right there, called the ambulance and the fucking prick on the other side kept asking the fucking questions 3 – 4 times and then only then said that he is about to get an ambulance, I nearly lost it once more and it took every single fucking strain in my body not to fucking go over to the fucking fire brigade station and kill that fucking asshole.

Fast forward 10 min, we are living in a very good apartment complex with a lot of green and play yards etc. it was now 10:30 and 10 min have past and I couldn’t even hear the fucking paramedics yet, just recently a story in the news in Dublin said that a guy died because the fucking dispatcher called an ambulance 30miles away when the hospital was only 10 min away, so I kept thinking fucking shit their going to kill my boy and at that stage I seriously considered driving him myself to the hospital.
On advice by my wife I called the station again and had the same asshole on the line – I finally lost it and threaded him with murder and mutilation when he told me “The ambulance doesn’t have wings sir!!!!”.
My wife said later that she knew I was going to apeshit because she heard me talk to the guy real quiet and apparently telling him that if the ambulance doesn’t arrive in 5 min I will get over to his place and fucking kill him, which as a response made him call the police which at that stage I really didn’t give a shit, all I wanted was a fucking ambulance because I seriously thought my son is dying.

Fast forward 5 min me running back and forth between bedroom and front door looking for the ambulance, I still had him on the phone trying to calm me down, so finally I get a grip
On myself and I can hear the ambulance which was just driving into our estate.
Before I explain the next part I need to explain the layout were we life, there is a big grass patch in the middle (like a meeting room for all neighbors kids) and underneath is the underground car park.

So while I was standing outside the house talking to the prick listening how the ambulance came closer and closer I got shuck by a massive explosion and boom in the underground car park, seconds later I see thick black smoke coming out, so obviously somebody burned a car or a couple of cars down there, the whole estate was quickly filled with smoke and the car(s) were cooking off with more explosions of gas tanks going up, the guy on the other side of the phone said “What was that!?!!” while I told him that I just witnessed a car blown up and that he better get some fire engines down there as well.

By now all the neighbors come out and the paramedics arrive, so picture this…

Two fire engines, firemen running back and forth in the middle the paramedics with my son in the back of the van – everywhere blue lights and the neighbors looking at us!!
We on our way in the ambulance lights on and all beating it down to the children hospital, me remembering fuck hon we didn’t take any money with us how do we get back home? She remembering that we have to pick up the mother in law from the airport in 30 min while in all of this my son is puking out all his dinner lunch and all.
HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS!!!

End of the story is, my boy is fine thank fuck for that, they said it is very common for them to convulse when their temp gets too hight and I had about 2h sleep.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Had the most fucked up and most scariest day yesterday !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:28:08 AM »
you dont really know , understand what life means before you get kids that's for sure. Well some people abandon them and still dont know or understand what it's about tho.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:29:23 AM »
you dont really know , understand what life means before you get kids that's fore sure. Well some people abandon them and still dont know or understand what it's about tho.

I don't get that as well, I can be a hearless bastard and have been in my time but doing wrong with my son?
Nah man.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »
I don't get that as well, I can be a hearless bastard and have been in my time but doing wrong with my son?
Nah man.

Kids make everything else seem trivial. Very happy your son is fine, hope he is back to 100% very soon. It is a shame that "some" people on the other side of 911 cannot concieve what the caller is going through.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:36:05 AM »
The real question is..did you manage to "get your meals in"?  ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 10:36:36 AM »
The real question is..did you manage to "get your meals in"?  ;D

:D

haven't eaten since to be honest

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
Jesus, Stark ! That's a hell of a day ! Usually I give you shit, but not in the case. You handled yourself well. Shit is straight out of a movie ! :D Glad the kid's okay though.

Capitulation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
I can only imagine how scary that could be Stark.

I too have had grand mal / tonic-clonic seizures start this year - only two so far 8 months apart.

However, Stark i know it is very common for seizures to happen during high fever especially in children, but still i could mean your child has low seizure threshold. This is probably not the case but i would still recommend you get some testing done just in case.

Should try and EEG and MRI scan just to make sure there is nothing wrong or pointing to epilepsy. If it was me i would want to make 100% sure that my kid at-least had the tests done just in-case even though its very slim probability.

I think they call these febrile seizures in children and usually idiopathic in nature and very small % of children who have them go on to develop epilepsy. I think most children outgrow them by aged 5.

Has anyone in your family ever suffered from epilepsy Stark?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:15 AM »
Jesus, Stark ! That's a hell of a day ! Usually I give you shit, but not in the case. You handled yourself well. Shit is straight out of a movie ! :D Glad the kid's okay though.

I don't think I handled myself well mate, I was surprised as well, usually in situations like this I am pretty calm - just have the butterflies in my belly like before a fight, but I just fucking lost it, I am still not sure if the guy is pressing charges for me threatening him, my neighbors said the cops were there but only drove through, so maybe I get a pass.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 10:59:10 AM »
I can only imagine how scary that could be Stark.

I too have had grand mal / tonic-clonic seizures start this year - only two so far 8 months apart.

However, Stark i know it is very common for seizures to happen during high fever especially in children, but still i could mean your child has low seizure threshold. This is probably not the case but i would still recommend you get some testing done just in case.

Should try and EEG and MRI scan just to make sure there is nothing wrong or pointing to epilepsy. If it was me i would want to make 100% sure that my kid at-least had the tests done just in-case even though its very slim probability.

Has anyone in your family ever suffered from epilepsy Stark?

Thanks for the kind words,

to your question I am not sure, the problem is that my parents were heroin addicts who left me in an apartment for two weeks by myself so after that I was adopted by my current parents and I have zero contact to my old family which means I cannot tell, which is fuck scary if I think about it.
the MRI scans sound like a great idea, fuck it there goes out summer vacation these scans are fucking expensive but never mind as long as our son is okay.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 11:03:43 AM »
Glad to hear you son is okay Stark.  That is not abnormal to happen to babies when they get a high fever.
Live sure does change with children!

Capitulation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 11:05:11 AM »
Here Stark check this link about febrile seizures - i dont think it will be anything to worry about in long run  :)

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/febrile_seizures/detail_febrile_seizures.htm

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
It's not abnormal for babies to convulse when they have a high fever.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 11:35:26 AM »
I know this is  a long story but fucking read it, I challenge anybody who had a more fucked up day than I had yesterday…

Possibly the scariest moment in my life happened yesterday, and let me tell you I had some fucking shit scary moments, as in walking in a room were they had a weapons deal going and being threatened by some crazy looking Russian thug all the way to getting stabbed.

My son has been slightly sick the past few days, nothing serious just a bit of a cold.
So I come home yesterday at 20:00 and he woke up and started crying, my wife puts him back to sleep and we think all is fine, but he woke up 30 min later and it felt like he had a temp, so we measure the temp and I got the kids medicine to bring his temp down.
When I was in the kitchen my wife calls me back in the bedroom and tells me to hurry then fuck up, when and I enter the bed room he was having convulsions in her arms (this is a 1 year old boy we are talking about) he did the whole Exorcist thing of rolling back the eyes until you only saw the white and twitching and not breathing.

I fucking lost it right there, called the ambulance and the fucking prick on the other side kept asking the fucking questions 3 – 4 times and then only then said that he is about to get an ambulance, I nearly lost it once more and it took every single fucking strain in my body not to fucking go over to the fucking fire brigade station and kill that fucking asshole.

Fast forward 10 min, we are living in a very good apartment complex with a lot of green and play yards etc. it was now 10:30 and 10 min have past and I couldn’t even hear the fucking paramedics yet, just recently a story in the news in Dublin said that a guy died because the fucking dispatcher called an ambulance 30miles away when the hospital was only 10 min away, so I kept thinking fucking shit their going to kill my boy and at that stage I seriously considered driving him myself to the hospital.
On advice by my wife I called the station again and had the same asshole on the line – I finally lost it and threaded him with murder and mutilation when he told me “The ambulance doesn’t have wings sir!!!!”.
My wife said later that she knew I was going to apeshit because she heard me talk to the guy real quiet and apparently telling him that if the ambulance doesn’t arrive in 5 min I will get over to his place and fucking kill him, which as a response made him call the police which at that stage I really didn’t give a shit, all I wanted was a fucking ambulance because I seriously thought my son is dying.

Fast forward 5 min me running back and forth between bedroom and front door looking for the ambulance, I still had him on the phone trying to calm me down, so finally I get a grip
Before I explain the next part I need to explain the layout were we life, there is a big grass patch in the middle (like a meeting room for all neighbors kids) and underneath is the underground car park.

So while I was standing outside the house talking to the prick listening how the ambulance came closer and closer I got shuck by a massive explosion and boom in the underground car park, seconds later I see thick black smoke coming out, so obviously somebody burned a car or a couple of cars down there, the whole estate was quickly filled with smoke and the car(s) were cooking off with more explosions of gas tanks going up, the guy on the other side of the phone said “What was that!?!!” while I told him that I just witnessed a car blown up and that he better get some fire engines down there as well.

Two fire engines, firemen running back and forth in the middle the paramedics with my son in the back of the van – everywhere blue lights and the neighbors looking at us!!
We on our way in the ambulance lights on and all beating it down to the children hospital, me remembering fuck hon we didn’t take any money with us how do we get back home? She remembering that we have to pick up the mother in law from the airport in 30 min while in all of this my son is puking out all his dinner lunch and all.

End of the story is, my boy is fine thank fuck for that, they said it is very common for them to convulse when their temp gets too hight and I had about 2h sleep.

Just another day on the set for Die Hard 4 eh?  How did you manage to land Bruce Willis` old part?

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »
Fucked up...glad your kid is alright and safe.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »
It's not abnormal for babies to convulse when they have a high fever.

See Stark?  If you would have just logged in here and asked like most of us you could have saved yourself a lot of aggravation :)

Seriously though, I'm glad your son is OK :)
R

oakman

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »

Its called a feverbral "sp" seizure   its very scary.   Dont be afraid to start the childrens tempra the next time it happens.  This will help break the fever before it gets too bad.   Once they have had one they usually haver more.   Fortunately they out grow them.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
Another made up story  ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 01:13:26 PM »
Crazy ass day bro.......really glad to hear your sons alright.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 01:16:26 PM »
Glad your son is ok... Gray hair is the worry our children put us through... No doubt.

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »
Is it normal to have car bombs going off in your neighborhood?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »
I wonder how someone that spends most of his time in front of a computer get so many peculiar events in his life on a weekly basis.  ???

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »
Is it normal to have car bombs going off in your neighborhood?

Not a car bomb but they just burned a couple of cars

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »
Not a car bomb but they just burned a couple of cars

"just"?  where do you live? Baghdad?