Author Topic: Damn cheap protein powder!!!  (Read 15062 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Damn cheap protein powder!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
Protein powders are for suckers.

Eat food.

Hope this helps.

Protein powders are hardly for suckers. Use them ALONG WITH regular food and you're in business. It's amazing how some people can't grasp that simple concept.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »
2 cups flavored yogurt+16 ounces milk+banana=cheap protein shake

If you're lactose intolerant, that's a gastric nightmare.

12 pack of IsoPure for $10, also cheap protein shakes (without the tummy torture).

the trainer

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
Fck me, I can not believe I am going through this.

During the mid weeks of my prep I was drinking 2-3 whey isolate shakes per day with 1/2 cup oats mixed in. I was doing great, hadn't had a protein shake in several years and was really happy to be doing so well after adding in the isolate.

So, I lost my job, I got greedy, I bought a cheap "blended protein" from a nutrition store I will not name...It's got concentrate isolate and potassium casseinate. never again!!! Right away I started with the gas, loud hot obnoxious gas that burns red hot on the way out. Right from the first shake! I spend $60 on the stuff so I have been forcing myself to drink it but damn, the water weight is insane!!! I am not even sure I'm still losing bodyfat. Cut back to 2 shakes a day and my farts rip through my sheets at night like a hot hairdryer was shoved up my ass. My abs are washed out, I feel soft like a woman.

Wtf is this shit??? Who the hell drinks this stuff and doesn't notice how awful it makes you feel? Never again!! Sticking with isolate straight up.

I didn't listen to Gh15 and got what I deserve...so shitty...

What isolate does everyone like these days? Is isopure still great? Or is there better I can buy at vitamin shoppe or gnc?

I cannot believe that a getbigger is buying into the scam of whey protein, you would be better off snacking on  almond nuts between meals if you are on the go.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
When it come to proteinpowder, there is only ont thing that matters: T A S T E

Before I was into metrx mrp, but now I found gasparys Myofusion, great taste and texture, jus tlike milkshake, u need 1 teaspoon of extra chocolat powder to make it perfect though!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
I cannot believe that a getbigger is buying into the scam of whey protein, you would be better off snacking on  almond nuts between meals if you are on the go.

And whey protein is supposedly a "scam", because.........

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 11:35:52 AM »
I don't think its too hard to get all your protein from foods - most of us don't need it 6 times a day lol.  I find it easy to get in a good portion of protein 3-4 days a day (without drinks), especially because many grocery stores sell prepared meats.  For example M&M Meats (not sure if its in the US but I'm sure if not there are many like it) carry "oven roasted chicken breast" and "grilled chicken breast slices" both are cooked but frozen, you just have to microwave them, and they taste better than when I try to cook chicken myself.  Moist and flavourful.  Why not just microwave something like that instead of mixing a protein drink and worrying about taste, gas, water retention, etc.  It also keeps you full longer than liquid drinks.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »

I agree, but im to tired to make food after my training sesion, its late, and I have to go up early. U dont want to start making food in the middle of the night. For the moment proteindrinks make my life more easy.

the trainer

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »
And whey protein is supposedly a "scam", because.........

Because the magazines tell you to drink a ton of whey protein everyday to build muscle, first of all protein is better absorbed from solid food than from supplements. If you are eating 3 or 4 solid meals everyday your body is getting all the protein it needs, so drinking whey protein between meals is putting extra stress on the kidney. the other thing is whey protein is absorbed by the body very fast within 2 hours or so its gone from the body so that is a very expensive way to supply the body with energy and when you use it for energy it cause  dehydration which is not good plus  whey protein also bloat your abs.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 11:44:10 AM »
I agree, but im to tired to make food after my training sesion, its late, and I have to go up early. U dont want to start making food in the middle of the night. For the moment proteindrinks make my life more easy.

Then microwave some of the cooked meats sold at stores like sirloin strips, chicken breast, etc. or drink egg whites like gh15 says :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 11:52:04 AM »
Because the magazines tell you to drink a ton of whey protein everyday to build muscle, first of all protein is better absorbed from solid food than from supplements. If you are eating 3 or 4 solid meals everyday your body is getting all the protein it needs, so drinking whey protein between meals is putting extra stress on the kidney. the other thing is whey protein is absorbed by the body very fast within 2 hours or so its gone from the body so that is a very expensive way to supply the body with energy and when you use it for energy it cause  dehydration which is not good plus  whey protein also bloat your abs.

One, it's not expensive, if you know where to shop (see my earlier reference to my IsoPure RTDs).

Two, eating 3 to 4 solid meals a day doesn't get the job done.......been there, done that!

It took 3 to 4 solid meals AND 2-3 liquid meals to get me over 200 lbs., back in the day. My kidneys are just fine. High-protein diets only harm kidneys that were messed up from the start.

A scam is something that is advertised to work but doesn't. Whey protein shakes (taken IN ADDITION TO regular meals) are effective. Therefore, it's not a scam.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 11:52:39 AM »
its seems like my dad is right in the end, he used to say i dont need all that tons of protein and shakes to build muscle. hes right. its not.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 11:54:29 AM »
its seems like my dad is right in the end, he used to say i dont need all that tons of protein and shakes to build muscle. hes right. its not.
Your dad is a wise man..

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
lol@ whey protein is a scam. ???

I find it amusing how people don't get the results they're looking for, usually do to a combination of poor genetics, work ethic in the gym, and nutrition,  so they fall back on nonsense like all good bodybuilders are simply a product of heavy drug use or in this case whey protein being a waste of money.

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »
What isolate does everyone like these days? Is isopure still great? Or is there better I can buy at vitamin shoppe or gnc?

Dymatize ISO-100, good taste, lactose free, hydrolysed whey isolate, no bloat

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 12:24:57 PM »
Dymatize ISO-100, good taste, lactose free, hydrolysed whey isolate, no bloat

The aforementioned ABB Maxx Recovery.

GNC's Whey Isolate 28 is pretty good too (I recommend the Banana kind).

Of course, wait until GNC marks them down.

the trainer

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
One, it's not expensive, if you know where to shop (see my earlier reference to my IsoPure RTDs).

Two, eating 3 to 4 solid meals a day doesn't get the job done.......been there, done that!

It took 3 to 4 solid meals AND 2-3 liquid meals to get me over 200 lbs., back in the day. My kidneys are just fine. High-protein diets only harm kidneys that were messed up from the start.

A scam is something that is advertised to work but doesn't. Whey protein shakes (taken IN ADDITION TO regular meals) are effective. Therefore, it's not a scam.

if you want to remain blind then so be it, now i will state some facts

1. High protein diets put a lot of extra stress on the kidney ask any doctor.

2  High protein diets cause the blood to become very acidic, the body then release calcium bacause of the acidity and this cause kidney stone but this takes many years to happen.

3. when the body takes calcium from the bones because of the acidity this can make the bones weak causing osteoporosis when you are older.

now I had clients who switch from whey protein between meals and these are small meals by the way and snack on almonds instead and in a matter of weeks they had better looking abs.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »
if you want to remain blind then so be it, now i will state some facts

1. High protein diets put a lot of extra stress on the kidney ask any doctor.

2  High protein diets cause the blood to become very acidic, the body then release calcium bacause of the acidity and this cause kidney stone but this takes many years to happen.

3. when the body takes calcium from the bones because of the acidity this can make the bones weak causing osteoporosis when you are older.

now I had clients who switch from whey protein between meals and these are small meals by the way and snack on almonds instead and in a matter of weeks they had better looking abs.

1. I asked mine. He said my kidneys are just fine. And, that's usually the case with people who have otherwise normally-functioning kidneys.

2. See #1

3. Ingesting more calcium solves that simple problem. Certain green veggies and other dairy products take care of that.

4. That's hardly news. Many bodybuilders lay off the shakes the last few weeks, while prepping for a show. HOWEVER, when trying to put on mass, they drink them in the off-season.

Regardless, whey protein (or any other protein shakes for that matter) are hardly scam. They are useful and effective, when implemented properly.

And, I'm hardly being "blind", when I've used whey protein (and other protein powders) along with my meals, AND THEY'VE BEEN EFFECTIVE.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2011, 12:57:55 PM »
The aforementioned ABB Maxx Recovery.

GNC's Whey Isolate 28 is pretty good too (I recommend the Banana kind).

Of course, wait until GNC marks them down.

I guess guys like you keep GNC and the "supplement industry" in business  ::)
K

the trainer

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »
1. I asked mine. He said my kidneys are just fine. And, that's usually the case with people who have otherwise normally-functioning kidneys.

2. See #1

3. Ingesting more calcium solves that simple problem. Certain green veggies and other dairy products take care of that.

4. That's hardly news. Many bodybuilders lay off the shakes the last few weeks, while prepping for a show. HOWEVER, when trying to put on mass, they drink them in the off-season.

Regardless, whey protein (or any other protein shakes for that matter) are hardly scam. They are useful and effective, when implemented properly.

And, I'm hardly being "blind", when I've used whey protein (and other protein powders) along with my meals, AND THEY'VE BEEN EFFECTIVE.

ok since you insist on spending money on protein powder its better if you take casein protein because whey on a empty stomach between meals cause a big spike in your insulin levels and the unstable insulin levels leads to fat rolls, now casein protein does not spike your insulin levels and on top of that it increases your igf-1 levels so its a better choice.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2011, 02:17:52 PM »
if you insist on consuming powders aim for the protein with no artificial sweeteners or eat some carbs with your sweetened powder otherwise  you're just fucking your brain into thinking that you consumed sugar, goes the same with everything with artificial sweeteners in it

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »
Still no Brand name of the shitty product?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »
Syntrax Nectar, best isolate on the market.
T

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2011, 02:47:58 PM »

I guess guys like you keep GNC and the "supplement industry" in business  ::)

Yep, guys like me who use products to help them achieve personal goals (purchased at a fraction of retail cost).....SO WHAT!!!

Let me guess!! You're one of those rebels without a cause (or a clue), who goes shaking his fist at GNC stores with a can of tuna in hand, "YOU'LL NEVER GET ME, GNC!!!!"!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »
Agree with McWay in this thread - protein powders are very effective. When I first started out training I couldn't afford protein powders and just relied on protein from solid meals - it was too difficult, time consuming, and impractical to get all my protein requirements from just solids and I barely had any decent results - as soon as I brought whey protein into the equation, my results skyrocketed.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2011, 03:44:39 PM »
Your dad is a wise man..

and great ambassador for the sport.