Author Topic: AAS & Hair Loss  (Read 391130 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
big problem with hair transplants is that they don't always hold. the hairs transplanted die, for whatever reason. it also leaves a pretty decent sized scar where they took the hairs from.

the best way to do it, i've heard, is to take the hair from under the chin since those hairs are immune to the effects of androgens and the scar won't be visible unless you lift your chin up.

They can take hair from my ass...I don't want it there any more   ;D

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2012, 12:29:36 PM »
Here is the study I found on Nizoral to regrow hair:

http://www.pharmacymix.com/docs/nizoral_shampoo_ketoconazole_2_hair_loss.pdf

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »
Here is the study I found on Nizoral to regrow hair:

http://www.pharmacymix.com/docs/nizoral_shampoo_ketoconazole_2_hair_loss.pdf
Awsome! I thought it just prevented loss but it actually causes regrowth. Good news!

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »
Where can get 2%?

I've never ordered from here bc I get mine prescribed, but someone recommended this site so you might want to try it out: http://wholesalehairproducts.com/

gatorr

• Getbig II
« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »
Its available over the counter in Canada. About $14 a bottle.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2012, 10:41:18 AM »
Its available over the counter in Canada. About $14 a bottle.

Why are Canadians so luck?

T-rex

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »
Where can get 2%?

I just get it at Amazon. 20 bucks a bottle, but a little goes along way. I've been using the same bottle for awhile. I do it every 2 days. The hair looks pretty good. I apply it on the areas on my back where i tend to break out, and on just the top of the scalp and let it soak in for hours sometimes an entire day. It smells good too. (Edit: meant the 1% Nizoral)

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2012, 04:38:57 PM »
Dht derived steroids are derived from dht, but are they actually pure dht? I was thinking about how people get hairloss sometimes from derivatives of dht, but ehy would this cause hairloss if it is not actually pure dht itself? Is it because it is very androgenic?

Maybe hairloss has.more to do with the androgen amt then dht amount, thats why people experience hairloss sometimes from tren, even though it doesnt reduce or come from dht.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2012, 09:13:53 PM »
Has anyone tried topical spiro to regain or prevent any hair loss? Did it work? How long before you noticed anything, if at all? Was tyere any initial shedding?

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #211 on: April 25, 2012, 05:59:48 AM »
what about zinc dandruff shampoos?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: April 25, 2012, 06:54:16 AM »
what about zinc dandruff shampoos?

Zinc pyrithione is said to decrease shedding and slightly promote hair growth. I use it along with a bunch of other things (sorry no spiro Oly) so I can't really say if its helped or not. When you use so many things its hard to pin point what's really working and what's not. I figure it can only help so I use it.

Study below deals with telogen effluvium related hairloss associated with dandruff. But, if you're on a cycle sebum excretion is likely increased and these products will help control that. The piroctone olamine looks better actually...had not even heard of it.

Nudging hair shedding by antidandruff shampoos. A comparison of 1% ketoconazole, 1% piroctone olamine and 1% zinc pyrithione formulations.
Piérard-Franchimont C, Goffin V, Henry F, Uhoda I, Braham C, Piérard GE.
Source

Department of Dermatopathology, University Medical Center Sart Tilman, B-4000 Liège, Belgium.
Abstract

Hair shedding and hair thinning have been reported to be affected by dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis. The present study was conducted in 150 men presenting with telogen effluvium related to androgenic alopecia associated with dandruff. They were randomly allocated to three groups receiving each one of the three shampoos in the market containing either 1% ketoconazole (KTZ), 1% piroctone olamine (PTO) or 1% zinc pyrithione (ZPT). Shampoos had to be used 2-3 times a week for 6 months. Hair shedding during shampoo was evaluated semiquantitatively. Hair density on the vertex was evaluated on photographs using a Dermaphot. Trichograms were used for determining the anagen hair percentage and the mean proximal hair shaft diameter using computerized image analysis. The sebum excretion rate (SER, mug cm(-2) h(-1)) was also measured using a Sebumeter. The three treatments cleared pruritus and dandruff rapidly. At end point, hair density was unchanged, although hair shedding was decreased (KTZ: -17.3%, PTO: -16.5%, ZPT: -10.1%) and the anagen hair percentage was increased (KTZ: 4.9%, PTO: 7.9%, ZPT: 6.8%). The effect on the mean hair shaft diameter was contrasted between the three groups of volunteers (KTZ: 5.4%, PTO: 7.7%, ZPT: -2.2%). In conclusion, telogen effluvium was controlled by KTZ, PTO and ZPT shampoos at 1% concentration. In addition, KTZ and PTO increased the mean hair shaft thickness while discretely decreasing the sebum output at the skin surface.

PMID:18498517
 [PubMed]

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #213 on: April 25, 2012, 07:51:48 AM »
So until my nizoral 2% arrives, is it a good idea to use some 1% nizoral?

or has it been established that the 1% isnt that effective?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: April 25, 2012, 08:16:27 AM »
some steroid books say some steroids wont make you go bald early, even with proposition.

i dont believe that, i believe all steroids can cause permature hair loss, and i dont believe anything can stop it.

if its geneticaly meant to happen, it will happen anyway, steroids will fasten up the process.

the solutions are waiting it out and stay natural.

doing only gh, gh doesnt cause hair loss.

doing steroids and then do it like silvio berlusconi, aka getting hair implanted.

the single worst steroid to cause hair loss is test e, from what ive seen.

maybe on low doses of deca, one might get away with no early hairloss.

maybe a deca/gh stack is ok.

to be totally safe, be natural or only do gh.

I can do steroids without causing hair loss but I will always have to limit which ones I use and the doses I take. I can take test with finasteride but I wouldn't be getting the full effect due to lower dht levels and I wouldn't be able to stack it with deca. Constantly worrying if I'm shedding more than usual....yeah, I wanna say fuck it and stay natural cause I rather have my hair.

Hopefully they come up with a cure but for now seems like this will be in my future if I keep on juicing:

Thats just a tattoo filling in the empty spaces..lol looks good though eh?

I rather have hair though.....

http://www.newhair.com/hairline-lowering.html

I notice transplant pics are always guys who had absolutely no hair at all....why wait to lose most of it ??  ....and they never look good

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »
So until my nizoral 2% arrives, is it a good idea to use some 1% nizoral?

or has it been established that the 1% isnt that effective?

Well, the 2% is better than the 1%. But the 1% is much better than the 0%.

Plus, the study I posted above used the 1% and it showed improvement in hair shaft diameter, less shed, and growth.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »
If I was worried about my hair that much I would just get the transplant. The hair is from you and it looks good. Sopposedly because it's from a part of your head where the hair doesnt fall out, when they transplant it to the new area it will take. I actually went to a consultation on it and it seemed pretty solid

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: April 25, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
Guys, I have been effectively bald since my early 20's. When I started going bald, everyone, like my barber and my friends had something to say about how to avoid this. Nothing that I tried worked in the long run.

For awhile I combed my hair forward to cover the advancing widow's peak. One day during my lunch break, I went to the barber shop and had my hair buzz cut. It was quite a shock to see myself in the mirror. Walking back to work, my wife who was also at lunch with some girlfriends didn't even recognize me when she first saw me crossing the street. However, buzz cutting my hair was ultimately the most freeing experience. To this day, it is still buzz cut (well the sides and the back). There isn't much but a few hairs to cut on the top. Nowadays I cut my hair myself.

I did my thesis on male pattern baldness remedies. The research was great fun.  Because of my being bald, the companies I visited like Hair Club for Men actually took me to be serious about hair replacement. In my opinion the most drastic solution I looked into for my thesis was scalp reduction. There was a fellow at the gym where I worked out at the time who was using this method.  I even bought a wig at a wig shop and had it trimmed to look more like a man's wig (it was not a hairpiece). I wore it one time. Somewhere there is a photo of me wearing this wig. Whenever I've run across it in the past, it has cracked me up.

These days, if I want a change, I throw on a hat. I have quite a collection of hats. Different style hats change one's appearance as much a various hairstyles do. Hat's seem like a good solution for those days when you don't feel like looking bald or simply to keep your head warm on cold days or protect the scalp for too much sun.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: April 25, 2012, 09:14:40 AM »
Guys, I have been effectively bald since my early 20's. When I started going bald everyone, like my barber and my friends had something to say about how to avoid this. Nothing that I tried worked in the long run.

For awhile I combed my hair forward to cover the advancing widow's peak. One day during my lunch break, I went to the barber shop and had my hair buzz cut. It was quite a shock to see myself in the mirror. Walking back to work, my wife who was also at lunch with some girlfriends didn't even recognize me when she first saw me crossing the street. However, buzz cutting my hair was ultimately the most freeing experience. To this day, it is still buzz cut (well the sides and the back). There isn't much but a few hairs to cut on the top. Nowadays I cut my hair myself.

I did my thesis on male pattern baldness remedies. research was great fun.  Because of my being bald, the companies I visited like Hair Club for Men actually took me to be serious about hair replacement. In my opinion the most drastic solution I looked into for my thesis was scalp reduction. There was a fellow at the gym where I worked out at the time who was using this method.  I even bought a wig at a wig shop and had it trimmed to look more like a man's wig (it was not a hairpiece). I wore it one time. Somewhere there is a photo of me wearing this wig. Whenever I've run across it in the past, it has cracked me up.

These days, if I want a change, I throw on a hat. I have quite a collection of hats. Different style hats change one's appearance as much a various hairstyles do. Hat's seem like a good solution for those days when you don't feel like looking bald or simply to keep your head warm on cold days or protect the scalp for too much sun.

Sounds just like me. i could see I was balding even at 20yrs old. Other people didnt notice but I knew. Lost it really really slow. I just kept getting it cut shorter and shorter. Only this year did I start shaving my head and I am 35yrs old now. I still looked ok with it cut short just didnt feel like getting a haircut every couple weeks anymore. Now I can run a crazy cycle and not worry about my hair anymore, it is quite liberating lol

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2012, 06:27:34 AM »
Anyone know a good place that sells the 2% nizoral, prescription strength?

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
!
« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2012, 06:51:57 AM »
Anyone know a good place that sells the 2% nizoral, prescription strength?

Alldaychemist is great!! for prescription meds..

I get nizoral, clomid, nolvadex, etc. from here

https://www.alldaychemist.com/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=546

Oly15

• Getbig III
Re: !
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:49 AM »
Alldaychemist is great!! for prescription meds..

I get nizoral, clomid, nolvadex, etc. from here

https://www.alldaychemist.com/manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=546

Yeah ive heard of them..just leary to order from that place considering their past history with huge unknown charges on your credit card. Do you use a prepaid to order?

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »
Yeah ive heard of them..just leary to order from that place considering their past history with huge unknown charges on your credit card. Do you use a prepaid to order?

Money Order

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »

I've not experienced any problems with AllDayChemist as far as unauthorized credit card charges. However, I did get a phone call the other day which was supposedly from AllDayChemist. The person calling said if I purchased my prescription that day, they'd give me a discount. I declined when she asked for my credit card number. Although she had all my information, she said she didn't have the credit card number. It seemed like a scam to me, particularly when the woman became insistent. This is when I thanked her and hung up on her.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2012, 03:01:46 PM »
i live in the US and used well.ca , they ship from canada, never had any probs

Think ill go with this. Heard of a few others having success with this place and I feel more comfortable going here instead of adc. Thanks for the input guys!