Author Topic: AAS & Hair Loss  (Read 392531 times)

Xfactormuscle

• Getbig II
Re: Hair Loss
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2012, 05:49:48 AM »
yes they take it from the back of the head

the hair there is immune from DHT related hair loss

the results are very good these days. some doctors do up to 3000 grafts in one session.

here is a good website (dr unger is a very well known surgeon in this area but very expensive. His website is very informative):

http://www.drwalterunger.com

I had mine done in Europe. The results are not perfect but certainly better than any other method I know of. I am extremely happy with mine and consider it one of the best investments I ever made.

You should do some research on the internet. There are forums like this specificlally for hair loss (alopecia).

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2012, 06:06:10 AM »
^

I heard they can take hair from anywhere in the body and it will change characteristics once placed in the scalp. So even short coarse hair(pubes lol) will resemble the hair on your head eventually.

And why is it that most of the pics from transplants I see are never from guys who just have slight thinning....always dudes who are already bald. I would never want it to get that bad.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: June 13, 2012, 06:07:39 AM »
Can we just pin this thread at the top already  :D

Xfactormuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #278 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
its commonly taken form the back of the scalp. You need to have a very dense area of hair to harvest from. The common method transplants skin grafts, not single follicles. the procedure is well explained in the link I posted: Basically a strip of skin is cut out (about 15 cm long and 1.5 cm wide; the skin is then cut into pieces with hair follicles (2-5) on it and those are implanted on the balding areas. Can be repeated several times if needed.
 I had it done 4x over a 10 year period. Nowadays, they do up to 3,000 grafts per session, that can be (in theory) up to 15,000 individual follicles. A lot. It will never be as thick as your hair was when you are 16 or so, but the results are pretty amazing these days.

Some pics should show the application in only slightly balding men. Those may need only one session.

I liked my results. Not even the barber can tell. I still take finasteride (proscar/propecia) on advise of my hair doctor.

The only bad thing about the procedure: No gym for 2 weeks. Drove me crazy. And, of course, it is not cheap (in the US, it starts at 6,000$).

Xfactormuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #279 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
Btw: steroids only increase hair loss in men who have already a genetic propensity for it. If you have none, they wont hurt you.

Best you can do is to take some proscar (1/5 of a pill) per day when you are on supplements (and ongoing).

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #280 on: June 13, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »
Can we just pin this thread at the top already  :D

Sure thing.

Tons of great info in here.

Good work guys.

8)

Borracho

• Getbig V
Re: AAS & Hair Loss
« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »
I'm sure a lot of members will find this thread useful.

Thanks Overload!

lyquid

• Getbig III
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
Btw: steroids only increase hair loss in men who have already a genetic propensity for it. If you have none, they wont hurt you.

Best you can do is to take some proscar (1/5 of a pill) per day when you are on supplements (and ongoing).

I don't think it is a plain as this as its been stated. Many many bodybuilders didn't go bald till fourtys with twenty yrs of juice. Look at criag titus one example. Even me my story. Used lots of test dbol methyl tren. Stuff for yrs. Than one day out of no where i use tren ace 50 mg eod for one week and a ahalf. and shed so bad I stopped n shed for a month after. My hair had reversed a good to inchs at temples by than and sever thinning. After about a yr most thickness grew back but the temples. Than everything even test and dbol that was so fine to use before now caused balding.

Makes me wonder how some bbers keep hair for yrs than go bald later.Ian Harrison another example. Just doesn't mske sense. I think it Rly is certain compounds can trigger it as well in people who are bot prone naturaluy. Maybe these weird modify dht drugs can trigger a wholr new baldness. who knows. But its definstly odd.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »
I've been drinking cayenne and also putting it on my scalp for like a half hour or so. Its supposed to improve circulation and when used on your head you feel it burning for a little while lol. Will report in a few weeks with my thoughts on this.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
I've been drinking cayenne and also putting it on my scalp for like a half hour or so. Its supposed to improve circulation and when used on your head you feel it burning for a little while lol. Will report in a few weeks with my thoughts on this.

Good luck with cayenne. When I first started going bald many long years ago, I tried it and it did not work for me....I still went bald.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2012, 01:33:04 PM »
In some things it takes the right combination of certain things to create a synergistic effect. Maybe cayenne was doing its job prime, but you needed something else, like ketoconazole to stop hair from falling out in the first place.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=96765&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Basically is a thread about how well emu oil plus castor oil is supposed to work. Something about the castor oil where it can exert a similar effect to pge2 stimulating hair GROWTH. Look on the last page for more info on that.

Im def gunna order some emu oil, and prolly castor oil to and use them both but im hoping the castor oil isnt too greasy.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=96765&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Basically is a thread about how well emu oil plus castor oil is supposed to work. Something about the castor oil where it can exert a similar effect to pge2 stimulating hair loss. Look on the last page for more info on that.

Im def gunna order some emu oil, and prolly castor oil to and use them both but im hoping the castor oil isnt too greasy.

I've seen a lot of women on youtube saying castor oil helped with their hair loss. The stuff is an anti fungal sort of a natural ketono...whatever is in the nizoral. The stuff is super thick...it sticks pretty good on to the hair but easily able to wash out with a good shampoo.

Seems like a key ingredient in all this hair loss stuff is the emu oil in order to help penetrate the scalp with whatever it is you're using. Gotta get me some of that!

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2012, 08:07:31 PM »
Does anyone have only one temple area that is thinning? My left side it started to recede and thin, not too bad just half an inch or so. Weird thing is tho my right temple hair is all there, no receding, no thinning, and it sits pretty much on my forehead thats how dense it is. Yet my left side is receding/thinning?

Rest of head is full of hair, top, sides, back, crown, everything but my left temple area? Anyone have this or something weird like this?

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2012, 08:10:54 PM »
I've seen a lot of women on youtube saying castor oil helped with their hair loss. The stuff is an anti fungal sort of a natural ketono...whatever is in the nizoral. The stuff is super thick...it sticks pretty good on to the hair but easily able to wash out with a good shampoo.

Seems like a key ingredient in all this hair loss stuff is the emu oil in order to help penetrate the scalp with whatever it is you're using. Gotta get me some of that!

Oh yeah I'm so excited about trying the emu. I just havent researched which is the best brand yet. If u look at my post before this im gunna apply the emu oil only on my left temple and see if there is regrowth.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
Does anyone have only one temple area that is thinning? My left side it started to recede and thin, not too bad just half an inch or so. Weird thing is tho my right temple hair is all there, no receding, no thinning, and it sits pretty much on my forehead thats how dense it is. Yet my left side is receding/thinning?

Rest of head is full of hair, top, sides, back, crown, everything but my left temple area? Anyone have this or something weird like this?

Wait...my right or your right??

lol.. but yeah I'm the same with having one side receding slightly. There's still a few hairs on that side and now a few blond hairs appear to be growing there too. But I have noticed some thinning overall cause my hair was super thick when I was in my teens...luckily its not that bad yet. *knocks on wood*

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2012, 08:17:39 PM »
Oh yeah I'm so excited about trying the emu. I just havent researched which is the best brand yet. If u look at my post before this im gunna apply the emu oil only on my left temple and see if there is regrowth.

Lyquid said he was getting good results with emu/spironolactone.

Whatever you choose to mix with the emu it'll make it much more effective. Good luck and let us know how it works out for ya.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »
Cliffs:

- have been on 350 mg tren and 210 mg test c for about two and a half weeks
- started using regenepure the day I started cycle above
- have noticed no increase in shedding, hairline has not been touched
- scalp and hair look and feel so much healthier
- I recommend it, but it has to be used everyday. No exceptions.

Btw, to all who were considering trying Regenepure DR, its been going real good. I've been using it e veryday for the past 2 weeks along with tren and test for the past two weeks and I've noticed no shedding, and my hair and scalp is definitely smoother and more health looking.

Ive been using ketoconazole long enough to know that if used regularly, it pretty much stops all hair shedding. As far as growth of regions that have lost hair, like the temple region for example, or anywhere on the head for that matter, ketoconazole doesnt seem to stimulate much REGROWTH. What I mean by this is that all the hair you currently have on your head, ketoconazole will protect it from falling out. But the hairs that have fallen out already, like the temple area for example, it will definitely bring back SOME HAIR, but total regrowth I have not experienced with.my use of keto.

Ketoconazole is still a must. I look at keto as a preventative of further loss and a weak stimulator of new growth.

Im still on the hunt for something, or the.combination of things that will REGROW lost hair completely, THEN you protect the new growth with keto and other things like the ingredients in regenepure dr.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
Lyquid said he was getting good results with emu/spironolactone.

Whatever you choose to mix with the emu it'll make it much more effective. Good luck and let us know how it works out for ya.

Im making the order tomorrow morning, will be ordering keto shampoo 2%, keto cream 2%, emu oil, and castor oil.

My pln is to shower and mix a little 2% keto with regenepure dr, because the ketoconzole in regenpure is only 1%. So by mixing the two, I get 2% keto with all the awesome ingredients that are in regenepure. Ill leave on for at least 5 minutes. Then before I go to.sleep ill mix some emu oil with ketoconazole, azelaic acid 20%, and castor.oil and.apply only to my left temple rwgion wherw im.missing some hair. I am very excited about this and will let u know how this goes.

Ill also be supplementing with: omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, b complex, milk thistle, hawthorne berry, and a few other misc things.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2012, 05:06:23 AM »

I think I can go ahead and say that this is definitely helping not only me but my mother who is the one who told me about cayenne long time ago. I had noticed a decrease in shed when I posted this but I didn't wanna speak too soon. But seeing as how my mom started putting it on her head (not drinking it btw) at the same time and told me that she is seeing less hair in her brush and after she showers I can go ahead and recommend this.

When I took dbol in the past even in low doses I noticed an increase in shedding, freaked out, and stopped taking it. Now after a couple weeks on both the dbol with the cayenne the hair is actually staying on my head and this is what I do....

I grab a small bowl and put maybe about a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and add a little bit of water to make a paste. Usually I add enough water so that its runny.....not thick. Now, you guys can make a mix with olive oil, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar(find it smells though), vodka. But to be honest I think I already put enough oil on my head and other crap so with water I just leave it on for about 30 minutes and it gets the job done.

Now, just dab it lightly on your head cause for me if I rub it in I find it actually causes traction alopecia. Careful not to get the stuff in your eyes either cause it'll burn like a bitch obviously.  

I don't think it's necessary to take it internally but I do just to make sure I get all the benefits. I can't recommend it cause who knows...we all react differently to every substance but if you do decide to drink the stuff make sure you start with the lowest dosage and work your way up. I'm up to about two teaspoons a day right now...one in the am and one in the pm. One time I drank too much and almost puked instantly so be careful.

EDIT: I usually leave the stuff on until it stops burning/tingling and I noticed this morning that it may be longer than 30 minutes. I figure once that sensation stops I can go ahead and wash my hair out.

stb1041

• Getbig I
« Reply #295 on: June 27, 2012, 07:44:47 PM »
awesome thread!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2012, 08:37:30 PM »
Long story short... The stuff after being on it for over 4 months, turned me into a complete zombie. I had zero emotions, motivation or sex drive. One week after being off it and damn near losing my gf due to me being a complete shit during that 4 week period... I finally feel like myself. What a shit ride that was, complete nightmare, my tyrosine was not giving me a dopamine boost and stuff like ephedrine hardly got my engines going.

And it's probably not the last time you will here of someone suffering sides like that and would suggest to those who are looking into keeping their hair to try dutasteride which i will be getting soon. Just sucks that it costs so much more...

So that's my experience with finasteride, hope if you try this, you don't have to suffer this shit.
?

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2012, 02:00:32 PM »
Dutasteride will be even worse. Its much stronger than fina. Stay away from all that shit..

Im getting continued awesome results with regenepure alone. Havent gotten around to ordering emu yet..

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »
Dutasteride will be even worse. Its much stronger than fina. Stay away from all that shit..

Im getting continued awesome results with regenepure alone. Havent gotten around to ordering emu yet..

Good to know and assure what I've been reading. Guess I'll shave it off if I get like Dan Hill or something....
?

Xfactormuscle

• Getbig II
« Reply #299 on: July 02, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
what stuff are you talking about ritch