Author Topic: Opinions On This? Low Carbing It?  (Read 10117 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: Opinions On This? Low Carbing It?
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »
My first show in 2007, I was so depleted and shrunk enormously but I had 2%bodyfat (checked with calipers).Friday night to saturday morning I lost 10 pounds of water on some heavy lasix, couldnt sleep cause was pissing every twenty min. Anyway my final weight saturday morning was 184 and the following wed night I was 220, never could match that conditioning to this day.

You didn't have 2% BF.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
oh brother youve been dieting since january is there a special girl you are trying to attain

Damn Falcon, you seem kind of grouchy today...  :(

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
the fastest way to get shredded, only reserved for toughest out there and you flattened out big time so if you can handle the psychological effects of being flat, thengood, but remember being flat doesn't mean losing muscle, it only means you have no glycogen in the muscle. Now when you eat 5 pounds of rice in one day once you are shredded you literaly double in size in 24 hours. Try it

Hey, thanks for this!

I'm carbing up tomorrow like I did last Saturday.  I'm excited as fuckkkkkkkkkkkk!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »
I prefer to cycle carbs , so I still have enough energy in the tank to train legs chest/back hard - each to there own and thats what this is all about trying new things to see what works best for you  :)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 03:56:31 AM »
You didn't have 2% BF.
Ya, your right, it was 10% ::)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 04:24:00 AM »
Damn Falcon, you seem kind of grouchy today...  :(

let the daddywaddy come in power within him  8)

daddywaddy has been imprisioned by this "Johnyn Falcon" for too long now, it's fucking depressing.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 04:38:00 AM »
each to there own and thats what this is all about trying new things to see what works best for you  :)

Spot on post. And getting lean is just a part of the equation, staying lean is where it's at, which basically means that you need to find something that works for you that you can stick with long-term.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 04:39:17 AM »
Spot on post. And getting lean is just a part of the equation, staying lean is where it's at, which basically means that you need to find something that works for you that you can stick with long-term.

hows training going with you these days, dj  8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2011, 04:57:20 AM »
hows training going with you these days, dj  8)

Believe or not I'm actually training legs nowadays ;D How bout you man? How's your training going?

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2011, 06:20:07 AM »
Believe or not I'm actually training legs nowadays ;D How bout you man? How's your training going?

well considering my training went upside down because of a 3 months lay off from any lower body training due to a car hitting me while driving a bicycle, I'm doing ok, but I'm not the same, slowly coming back.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2011, 08:30:49 AM »
I'm down 8 pounds, it's been about two weeks.

Going to pig out again this weekend, just like last weekend.  

I purchased Ketostix, they come out to 40mg/dl.

This shit is working, so well.  I'm strong as ever, still gaining strength I think.

Also, I had some old schmoe at my gym tell me that this diet would give me diabetes or insulin resistance or something?  I don't understand that?  Bullshit? ???

Drink a shit load of water and watch yourself go mental wondering why the color doesn't show you are in ketosis.  All those sticks do is measure the concentration of ketones in urine.  So, if you are under 30gm of carbs, you most assuredly should be in ketosis.

Also, The carb up is way more than just a psychological thing....read what Lyle McDonald has written about ketogenic diets.....the refeed has positive effects on thyroid, leptin, as well as the ability to load more glycogen next time around.

The day after I do my carb up....the workouts are AWESOME.  Hell of a pump...the fullness is great....the strength is great.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2011, 09:10:21 AM »
well considering my training went upside down because of a 3 months lay off from any lower body training due to a car hitting me while driving a bicycle, I'm doing ok, but I'm not the same, slowly coming back.

Whos fault was it? Damn man, is everything ok now?

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2011, 10:21:36 AM »
Ya, your right, it was 10% ::)

I think the point is that you would be dead at 2% BF. 3.5-4% is possible for a short period of time.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »
Whos fault was it? Damn man, is everything ok now?

It was the drivers fault, it's all cool, I got everything paid through her traffic insurance, and she was truly sory I could see that so I didn't prosecute her or anything. But I did get 400 euros compensation just awhile ago actually even though I really didn't prosecute her.

both knees got bone fracture, knees insides are ok... I can train and all but I'm still cautious.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »
Drink a shit load of water and watch yourself go mental wondering why the color doesn't show you are in ketosis.  All those sticks do is measure the concentration of ketones in urine.  So, if you are under 30gm of carbs, you most assuredly should be in ketosis.

Also, The carb up is way more than just a psychological thing....read what Lyle McDonald has written about ketogenic diets.....the refeed has positive effects on thyroid, leptin, as well as the ability to load more glycogen next time around.

The day after I do my carb up....the workouts are AWESOME.  Hell of a pump...the fullness is great....the strength is great.

Thanks for the info!  Looking up Lyle McDonald now.  I do back after my carb up day, lat pull down was my first exercise.  I was easily going 20 pounds heavier than usual.

Like I said before, I'm an Adonis/Wavelength disciple, but this shit is working out amazingly.  I believe I'm actually growing, and thickening muscles big time, while loosing fat!

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
Thanks for the info!  Looking up Lyle McDonald now.  I do back after my carb up day, lat pull down was my first exercise.  I was easily going 20 pounds heavier than usual.

Like I said before, I'm an Adonis/Wavelength disciple, but this shit is working out amazingly.  I believe I'm actually growing, and thickening muscles big time, while loosing fat!

Care to elaborate on these principles?

Thanks.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2011, 08:36:40 AM »
Care to elaborate on these principles?

Thanks.

Very simple, just get your daily protein, 1 to 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass.  Eat anything you want, and adjust calories to gain, lose, or maintain weight.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »
Shit is still working, I'm down about 12 pounds. 

Stronger than ever before.

Not stopping till I hit 185.

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
What is your training like? carb up on sat-sun? 5 low, 2 high carb days?

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2011, 10:20:03 AM »
low/no carb your diet TILL YOUR BODY TELLS YOU TO REFEED....DON'T SCHEDULE REFEEDS

trust me- you will know when your body needs carbs

when that day comes, just eat cereal and bread all day

i agree with this except for the last part. just eat a little fruit and some high glucose containing foods to replenish your muscle and liver glycogen stores. you generally get the carb cravings from having low liver glycogen levels, fructose from fruits/veggies will refill these so eating an apple will make you feel better, though still weak when it comes to lifts if you dont replenish your muscle glycogen stores, which fructose will not do

no carb has the benefit of increasing insulin sensitivity to astronomical levels which in turn increases anabolism to a severe degree as muscle cells soak up nutrients like a sponge but there is a dilemma with this as you have no insulin secretion without carbs and reintroducing carbs will lower your insulin sensitivity, so its like taking 2 steps forward to take 1 step backwards. however, there are ways to get insulin into your blood stream without eating carbs in order to take advantage of the increased nutrient partitioning in this state and it is something a lot of bodybuilders have done, though it is an extremely easy way to kill yourself and i'm sure most people can imagine what i'm talking about

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 11:42:20 AM »
What is your training like? carb up on sat-sun? 5 low, 2 high carb days?

Yes!

I'm doing my best to eat zero carbs through the week.  I imagine I'm probably actually consuming around 8 or 10g's a day.  I eat till I'm satisfied, 6 whole eggs every morning, two pieces of bacon.  Lots of chicken, turkey burgers, hamburgers, etc.

Completely satisfying.  For the last two weekends I've got absolutely crazy. Last Saturday I ate two family sized casserole dishes of Chicken Parmesan (the frozen kind you bake).  They each had about 1250 calories, and around 600g carbs.

I don't cheat at all through the week, and don't eat any carbs until Saturday morning, I go zero carb again starting monday morning.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
Yes!

I'm doing my best to eat zero carbs through the week.  I imagine I'm probably actually consuming around 8 or 10g's a day.  I eat till I'm satisfied, 6 whole eggs every morning, two pieces of bacon.  Lots of chicken, turkey burgers, hamburgers, etc.

Completely satisfying.  For the last two weekends I've got absolutely crazy. Last Saturday I ate two family sized casserole dishes of Chicken Parmesan (the frozen kind you bake).  They each had about 1250 calories, and around 600g carbs.

I don't cheat at all through the week, and don't eat any carbs until Saturday morning, I go zero carb again starting monday morning.

i do 6 low carb ( almost zero), pig out on sundays..works good for me

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2011, 01:00:38 PM »
I started dieting on April 11th. for 3 contests this year.........ate whatever I wanted for a few days after each show, and now my last one is looming close (Nov. 12th.).

I had let my body go over the last 3-4 years..............train ed half heartedly 3 X a week, and did no cardio.

Worst thing was I ate tons of crap,subs,desserts,pizza,lots of burgers,chips,and just plain old junk..............and no cadio at all.

As a result,my waist went from 32 to36 inches,then my doctor changed my anti-depressant meds and my waist went to a fucking whopping 39 inches.

Win,lose,draw,or last place I could care less,I look like my old self again........high protein,low carbs,low fat,training balls to the wall.

Adam is my friend,as is Wave.................muc h respect for both guys as well as their physiques but they can keep their fancy a "calorie is a calorie: fucking diets!!   ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »
I started dieting on April 11th. for 3 contests this year.........ate whatever I wanted for a few days after each show, and now my last one is looming close (Nov. 12th.).

I had let my body go over the last 3-4 years..............train ed half heartedly 3 X a week, and did no cardio.

Worst thing was I ate tons of crap,subs,desserts,pizza,lots of burgers,chips,and just plain old junk..............and no cadio at all.

As a result,my waist went from 32 to36 inches,then my doctor changed my anti-depressant meds and my waist went to a fucking whopping 39 inches.

Win,lose,draw,or last place I could care less,I look like my old self again........high protein,low carbs,low fat,training balls to the wall.

Adam is my friend,as is Wave.................muc h respect for both guys as well as their physiques but they can keep their fancy a "calorie is a calorie: fucking diets!!   ;D

damn broseph you turned into a fat falcon, good that you got back into it!
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2011, 01:05:55 PM »
damn broseph you turned into a fat falcon, good that you got back into it!
Thanks brother,I had to get re-focused and bust my ass,but it was worth it.

This shit doesn`t get any easier as you get older.   :)