Author Topic: The dangers of machines  (Read 12882 times)

apply85

• Getbig IV
Re: The dangers of machines
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 08:00:23 AM »
there have been lots of bogus studies performed on all sorts of statistically insignificant numbers of men

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2011, 08:23:24 AM »
so many people have torn biceps deadlifting or bench pressing, so many experienced guys say stay away from squats if u are tall or older

Show me one person that tore a bicep from benching

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2011, 08:24:34 AM »
Show me one person that tore a bicep from benching
a lot of people have torn their bicep from spotting the bench press (serious)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »
there have been lots of bogus studies performed on all sorts of statistically insignificant numbers of men

yes and charles poliquin is so much fucking bogus.

oly lifters and couches are one of the few guys that actually know shit about training. they're no bodybuilding self proclaimed "gurus" preaching isolating inner chest (ahahhaha) or some "powerlifting" morons doing pathetic tire flips as cardio and other "hardcore" shit. they've got strong science and generations of experience to prove their claims so please don't be such a bodybuilding arrogant #girl and don't try to bash them.

bodybuilding and powerlifting is 100% business. they sell their shit which is marketable. what is marketable? easy, low volume, fast routines, not requiring much effort. "hardcore" in the sense of looking hardcore not being hardcore. truth aint marketable. deep oly squats aint marketable. lifting twice daily, 7 times a week HARD wont sell. on the other hand another "low volume low rep low everything" schedule with a diet like "you can eat whatever on sunday as long as you eat according to your blood type, body type, ear type and penis shape" will sell.

wake up.

oh and by the way in powerlifting and bb anything, including most pathetic shit will work as long as you use enough drugs and have good response to them. in olympic lifting it isnt that simple. you dont believe it? try it. some anadrola and trenbolona and testosterona show ester wont make you even decent there.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »
yes and charles poliquin is so much fucking bogus.

oly lifters and couches are one of the few guys that actually know shit about training. they're no bodybuilding self proclaimed "gurus" preaching isolating inner chest (ahahhaha) or some "powerlifting" morons doing pathetic tire flips as cardio and other "hardcore" shit. they've got strong science and generations of experience to prove their claims so please don't be such a bodybuilding arrogant #girl and don't try to bash them.

bodybuilding and powerlifting is 100% business. they sell their shit which is marketable. what is marketable? easy, low volume, fast routines, not requiring much effort. "hardcore" in the sense of looking hardcore not being hardcore. truth aint marketable. deep oly squats aint marketable. lifting twice daily, 7 times a week HARD wont sell. on the other hand another "low volume low rep low everything" schedule with a diet like "you can eat whatever on sunday as long as you eat according to your blood type, body type, ear type and penis shape" will sell.

wake up.

oh and by the way in powerlifting and bb anything, including most pathetic shit will work as long as you use enough drugs and have good response to them. in olympic lifting it isnt that simple. you dont believe it? try it. some anadrola and trenbolona and testosterona show ester wont make you even decent there.

a lot of truth in here but without drugs you wont get beyond 120kg snatch 150kg clean and jerk or thereabout, I guarantee it

when you see some small china man tossing 200kg overhead it screams drugs just as loud as ronnie coleman on the 2004 olympia

of course technique technique technique and athletic ability, but after a good 5 years of training they also need to start using hormones if they want to get anywhere

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »
a lot of truth in here but without drugs you wont get beyond 120kg snatch 150kg clean and jerk or thereabout, I guarantee it

when you see some small china man tossing 200kg overhead it screams drugs just as loud as ronnie coleman on the 2004 olympia

of course technique technique technique and athletic ability, but after a good 5 years of training they also need to start using hormones if they want to get anywhere

OF COURSE there are hormones.

But let's be honest use of hormones is far less and it's not a major factor. All of them start young and then it's practice, practice, practice. It's very hard sport, most of them train EVERY FUCKING DAY.

Nowadays "overtraining" is most favourite word in bb and pl. I don't see Arnold or any of guys from back in the days being overtrained, I don't see Oly Lifters overtrained either.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »
After finding out that a lot of getbiggers like to use machines instead of free weight i decided to make a tread letting you know what you are doing to your body.

Smith Machine: the body was not made to lift in a straight line, so if your body needs to move horizontally and you forced it to move vertically then something must bear the strain and that is your joints and tendons and ligaments, for example in the smith machine squat, your hips  knees, shoulders and lower back  absorbs the forces needed to move the weight, this will leave you with low back pain, chronically sore knees and hips or in some cases severe injury to these areas after years of using the smith machine. We will talk about other machines in the gym later on but the point is after years of lifting and your joints are fucked up and you are feeling pain and sore all the time now you know why.
Yes, every time i've been injured it was the result of using a machine.  ::) trainer LOL
T

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »
The only chronic injury I've ever had is a back injury that happened while doing barbell bent rows. That happened 7 years ago and my back has never fully recovered. Yes, I understand that machines are not foolproof or entirely safe, but neither are free weights of course

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2011, 12:42:13 AM »
I can agree on this, the human body moves different than a machine possibly can handle.
In my gym I see people even performing upright rows in a smith, pathetic.

I'm one of the biggest in my (college) gym and I do upright rows on the smith all the time. I can put just a plate on each side and go slow and get great concentration. Works fantastic. I hurt my shoulder joints a hell of a lot more shoulder pressing heavy dumbells.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2011, 01:19:15 AM »
I'm one of the biggest in my (college) gym and I do upright rows on the smith all the time. I can put just a plate on each side and go slow and get great concentration. Works fantastic. I hurt my shoulder joints a hell of a lot more shoulder pressing heavy dumbells.

Why would you hurt the shoulder joints, isn't that like asking for injuries, sooner or later? Comparing them with DB presses is an apples/oranges thing, totallee different movement and it hits other areas of the deltoids.
I do my uprights in a squat rack (yes, I'm a sinner LOL!), without swinging and with slow negatives. Because of the biomechanics of the delt, this movement never goes 100% up and down only. Like with all free weight exercises, more fibers get requited because of the stabilisation work.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2011, 01:56:43 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2011, 02:01:41 AM »

#2 for some rear work and #3 for the front part

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2011, 07:44:39 AM »
OF COURSE there are hormones.

But let's be honest use of hormones is far less and it's not a major factor. All of them start young and then it's practice, practice, practice. It's very hard sport, most of them train EVERY FUCKING DAY.

Nowadays "overtraining" is most favourite word in bb and pl. I don't see Arnold or any of guys from back in the days being overtrained, I don't see Oly Lifters overtrained either.
it's said that to be international level lifter you need to train at least 18 hours a week

this corresponds about what I read about for example the cuban weightlifting team, they train 9 times a week, twice on mon-wed-fri and once on tue-thu-sat. sunday off. assuming each session would take 2 hours this is 18 hours?

i agree weightlifting is a very hard sport

but the reason they can train everyday is because they use hormones, like that pat mendes kid aka the youtube champion of the world

his coach says overtraining dont exist train hard every day but of course his athletes are juiced to the gills this is why they perform poorly on tested competitions or dont compete at all

natural weightlifters would definitely get overtrained it's a fact of life

just because you dont see it in their physique doesnt mean they dont use a lot of hormones, but i'm sure they use less and different stuff than ronnie coleman types

they get busted all the time, often an entire team all at once and this is after they tried hard not to get caught...

no over training only under steroiding lol

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2011, 08:18:49 AM »

wow now those are some women!   :P :o

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »
what about legg press and hack squat? as bad?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2011, 08:26:12 AM »
When you are old and your knees are fucked up from years of heavy leg extensions maybe then you will remember what I said.

I'm 46 years old...I make you look like dog shit...I'm injury free...and i use machines every day

fuck off gimmick

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
what about legg press and hack squat? as bad?

Hacks, esp with a small stance, are a knee killer when you go heavy

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »
Hacks, esp with a small stance, are a knee killer when you go heavy
Only when you're gay they are....

;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 08:50:50 AM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
F

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2011, 09:04:06 AM »

There we have Don Pedo. I grew up in the same city where he lives. I was the newsboy in his hood (true story)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »
There we have Don Pedo. I grew up in the same city where he lives. I was the newsboy in his hood (true story)
Is he really a pedo, I never heard that. He lives in Breda or somewhere around..?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Is he really a pedo, I never heard that. He lives in Breda or somewhere around..?

LOL, not that I know, but he looked creepy with those smurfs.
Yes, he lives (or lived?) in Breda in a nice Rietveld home.