Author Topic: Any of you Buddhist?  (Read 11751 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Any of you Buddhist?
« Reply #125 on: November 01, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
I know  its just a way of relating an idea, but you would have to be a space cadet to appreciate that type of literature.  You do know that story is a recount of early psychedelic experiences.  This is well documented.
not so sure about that. there has been much philosophy written by men of sober backgrounds that far exceeds what most psychadelics using meditating monks have came up with.  in fact id say all the best philosophy has been done by men who have, at the most, partaken in a bit ofalchol from time to time, and nothing else.  although i do understand your sentiment,  find it hard to understand how a person could reach such depths without drug assistance... but me thinks im just unable to grasp the workings of those who are more well endowed than i am.. and also am yet unaware of the effects of 30,40, 50 years of life on the mind.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #126 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:12 PM »
V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #127 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »
this thread is like an ATM but there's no fees and it's chocked full of wisdom waiting to be withdrawn!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »
Way to dumb down thousands of years of monastic study on living and dying by men infinitely more determined than you to seek salvation and elevate themselves to a position to be of worth to all living beings.  I am sure the Dalai Lama has a similar take on things.

sigh....remember...I am working towards Nirvana..I haven't reached it yet..I still have the same human weaknesses like everyone else......I like banging chicks...what can I say?..but I am very discerning and don't just sleep with anything....maybe the day will come when I won't have this need but it ain't here yet.....I am single again and taking advantage.....but I try to not take advantage of women and I try to do the right things by them

Again....Buddhism is a LIFELONG PROCESS unlike other religions where you can become born again right away

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »
but me thinks im just unable to grasp the workings of those who are more well endowed than i am..
Are you stoned man, serious, is this post serious. Are you seriously envious of other mens large genitals
V

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
In criticizing, the teacher is hoping to teach. That's all.
Bankei

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment

I've got one as well......"A great warrior can conquer an army in battle....but he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior of all"

one of my favorite sayings

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »
I've got one as well......"A great warrior can conquer an army in battle....but he who conquers himself is the greatest warrior of all"

one of my favorite sayings

I read that one of the Jersey Shore kids practices buddhism.....a catholic buddhist I believe....that's fun!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
Seems to me that Buddhism would take a lot of work to perfect,if perfecting it was possible...........so much so, that while working at achieving Nirvana,you`d miss out on a lot of fine hoes!!

Just try to do the next right thing and get on with living.

It's possible, but it's either life for buddhism or none. Count me out. I rather acknowledge good and bad and be human than try to achieve nirvana. But make no mistake about it it's possible and some people do it to some degree.

For example there was a karateka who meditated alot in order to achieve the perfect skill. Later on he needed vaticans help to be excorcised (and it helped). Meditation can be dangerous because it may open yourself to be influenced by bad spirits, not some energies lol. Energy is a very simple consept as is science, it's just a logical way to communicate and translate. Spirits are beyond all that.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
It's possible, but it's either life for buddhism or none. Count me out. I rather acknowledge good and bad and be human than try to achieve nirvana. But make no mistake about it it's possible and some people do it to some degree.

For example there was a karateka who meditated alot in order to achieve the perfect skill. Later on he needed vaticans help to ge excorcised (and it helped). Meditation can be dangerous because it may open yourself to be influenced by bad spirits, not some energies lol. Energy is a very simple consept as is science, it's just a logical way to communicate and translate. Spirits are beyond all that.
Thats some fucked up shit right there!  ;D
V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
"Ah,grasshopper.........when you can snatch the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave."

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2011, 01:01:42 PM »
meditate this, buddha guy  :P (yes I know it's from jailbait, I didn't accidently leave the "jailbait" signature there so I could claim I banged that chick, damn, calm down, guy!)
Whats this?
V

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
The blabla is strong in this one....

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2011, 01:05:50 PM »
The blabla is strong in this one....

V

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2011, 01:06:53 PM »
wrap some internet courses, fancy words and comic books together. Mix it all up for 5 minutes and put it on a plate = this thread.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »
Buddha who ?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
wrap some internet courses, fancy words and comic books together. Mix it all up for 5 minutes and put it on a plate = this thread.
V

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2011, 01:38:34 PM »
But seriously: I used to be into Shambhala meditation, and the writings of Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, quite intensely actually. Meditation like that is really hard work, but it changes your way of thinking, you tame the dragon.
Nowadays I'm more into Mindfullness, but without the Shambala I don't think I could make much out of it...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
uh oh.......

....it's happening again

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2011, 01:51:01 PM »
;D
Good way to keep a thread alive - TITTIES YIPPEE

Aw man, the middle brunette....Wowsers..... I'd crush that raw.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2011, 01:58:17 PM »
Aw man, the middle brunette....Wowsers..... I'd crush that raw.

wiggs why do you avoid my qustions? it's not because I'm a fag that I ask how's it going with you... yeah I know, it doesn't matter... but nothing matters, right.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »
I have no qualms with Buddhists or any other religions.

They can all continue to practice their faiths, live life as best as possible and rest assured that they will all go to heaven so as long as they accept our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ.

"1"

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »

They can all continue to practice their faiths, live life as best as possible and rest assured that they will all go to heaven so as long as they accept our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ.

"1"

god bless america.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2011, 02:14:13 PM »

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »

"1"
Your kidding right ?  Yeah, you're kidding.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
Your kidding right ?  Yeah, you're kidding.

Of course I'm kidding!

Dutchguy, did you already forget about me?

"1"