Author Topic: Weight, Bench, Squat, Are you natural?  (Read 20183 times)

overcome

• Getbig II
  • Size comes with strength, strength comes from pain
Re: Weight, Bench, Squat, Are you natural?
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2007, 03:18:24 PM »
i'm 6'2'' and weigh about 230 right now

squat 405<did this 3 months ago, might be higher now
dead 405 x3<with wraps 405 for one without
bench 315x3< havent tried any higher yet

i'm natural

goals by christmas
squat at least 455
dead 500
bench at least 365

only gear i've used is a belt and straps, and i'm ditching the straps when my grip catches up to th rest of me.
you suck at life...

overcome

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 07:12:20 AM »
I HAVE A NEW PESONAL BEST!!

maxed out on bench today!!

warmed up 135x15-185x10-225x5-275x2

then, 315x1 with pause
        335x1 with pause
        350x1 touch and go controlled(didnt bounce it either!)

so my new goal for the Christmas is at least 375 with hopes of 405.
after Christmas i'll be cutting and just hope to hold onto 375
you suck at life...

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 09:20:56 AM »
I HAVE A NEW PESONAL BEST!!

maxed out on bench today!!

warmed up 135x15-185x10-225x5-275x2

then, 315x1 with pause
        335x1 with pause
        350x1 touch and go controlled(didnt bounce it either!)

so my new goal for the Christmas is at least 375 with hopes of 405.
after Christmas i'll be cutting and just hope to hold onto 375

if you lift hard and push it buddy, you could have 375 in matter of a month or two!

overcome

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 05:48:33 PM »
well i'll find out what i can do, sep. 2nd there is a benching comp here, i know i wont win over all cause i'm not short and ripped, but it'll give me a chance to see what i can do.  who knows might take my weight class?
you suck at life...

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 06:02:11 PM »
I don't compete in PL but did do a bill starr routine this past winter and helped put some weight on my lifts. I'm 5'10" around 210.

Squat - 355 x 6  not sure whatmy 1rm is

Dead - 500 x 5 again not sure 1rm

Bench just hit 275x1 today, very excited. I have extremely long arms which has always hurt my bench but helped my deads.

I also do all lifts in BBing form with no equipment. I'm going to really bulk up this winter and go back to the bill starr and hope to achieve the following 1rms

Squat 425
Dead 600
Bench 315

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2007, 10:13:11 AM »
if you lift hard and push it buddy, you could have 375 in matter of a month or two!

Yeah, just like you move 405 on a Smith machine 2 inches and call it a "bench press" ::)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2007, 10:29:51 AM »
Yeah, just like you move 405 on a Smith machine 2 inches and call it a "bench press" ::)

HAHAHA! Oh we're talking regular benching? Not closed grips? Serioulsy though, you don't think this guy can't hit anywhere close to that if he trains HARD for it, eats right, and has the right mindset?  ???

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2007, 08:17:23 PM »
Its possible. When I started to PL my bench shot right up to 405x1 from about 335x1 in three months flat. That was going from a BBing split to Westside Barbell. I havent benched since (except for close grip/JM) because I do all overhead work for strongman. I think its possible but it takes time. 2 months is doable.

Good Luck 8)

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
Its possible. When I started to PL my bench shot right up to 405x1 from about 335x1 in three months flat. That was going from a BBing split to Westside Barbell. I havent benched since (except for close grip/JM) because I do all overhead work for strongman. I think its possible but it takes time. 2 months is doable.

Good Luck 8)

Let me get this straight: you put 70 lbs on your bench in 3 months?  I'm assuming roids were involved?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2007, 06:25:43 PM »
Let me get this straight: you put 70 lbs on your bench in 3 months?  I'm assuming roids were involved?

It's doable. What is your total now JT? I know you're a big ass dude and look like you can move some big iron.

Joey Tito

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
It's doable. What is your total now JT? I know you're a big ass dude and look like you can move some big iron.

When you BP 335, it's well nigh impossible to increase your press by 70 lbs in three months RAW and without drugs.  When you first start lifting, it's easy to get up to a 335 max within a year or two.  But by that point, naturals hit a wall...making 5 lb gains on your max from that point on, RAW, are an accomplishment.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2007, 01:03:26 PM »

No roids at all, my main man! I couldnt believe it myself. It WAS my first time powerlifting and for some reason I responded very well to the split. I only wish it had worked the same for my squat and DL. They move up as slow as ever. I think about 25-35lbs came just by adjusting my form. I never did anything but lay flat out and push the bar. Once I learned about proper powerlifting bench form and how to train my weak points my numbers just started shooting up! My DL actually went down in the same time and my squat stayed about the same.

Dont know what else to tell ya? I just got my shit together. Diet was on point and everything. My OHP has gone from 235 to 295 (new PR) in the last few months as well! Most of that is technique, once again, and focusing on it as it is my weakest point.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2007, 05:46:37 PM »

The only reason why you wouldn't be able to do it is because you don't think you an. 50lbs? 70lbs? that's not that far off. You've only got to train each side of your body to handle 35more lbs for one big push. 3 months would be cake if you implied partials, lockouts, etc. If you focused on training for it and it alone and took out all the kinks in your form and execution, it's a give me. I know alot of strong benchers than have shitty form and once they've perfected the setup adn form execution, they easily added 30+ lbs on their benches and some well over 50lbs. Instead of saying it's not possible, why not explore every avenue to MAKE it possible.

overcome

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2007, 03:03:45 AM »
x2 i've had people go up 25 lbs in one day benching with me to work on form
you suck at life...

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »

The only reason why you wouldn't be able to do it is because you don't think you an. 50lbs? 70lbs? that's not that far off. You've only got to train each side of your body to handle 35more lbs for one big push. 3 months would be cake if you implied partials, lockouts, etc. If you focused on training for it and it alone and took out all the kinks in your form and execution, it's a give me. I know alot of strong benchers than have shitty form and once they've perfected the setup adn form execution, they easily added 30+ lbs on their benches and some well over 50lbs. Instead of saying it's not possible, why not explore every avenue to MAKE it possible.

Werd. 8)