Author Topic: Muscle Imbalances  (Read 1150 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Muscle Imbalances
« on: January 09, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »
Hello, lately I have been experiencing muscular imbalances post my left SI joint rehab.My left side is stronger than right side and right looks good but not as strong as left side, how to fix this?

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: Muscle Imbalances
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 12:51:39 PM »
First off don't ever wear those french cut bikini bottoms again and post a picture of yourself on the internet without a good waxing.

get a chiro to get your hips in alingment. I have a training buddy who was having this very same issue until the chiro got him fixed up.
sept 10th APF

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 01:04:24 PM »
Honestly, I don't see a dramatic difference, but if it bothers you...

Usually, unilateral work is recommended to correct imbalances in strength - basically, choosing movements that require each arm (in this case, leg) to work independently/without help from the other.
Lunges, step-ups, unilateral leg presses and extensions are good choices of movements to balance out strength.

As far as size/shape, I wouldn't be overly concerned with that.
Even top pros have slight size imbalances between right and left sides.
Many times, you notice it with upper arm development, but it's not always appendicular; some people have an imbalance between right and left pectoral, traps, etc.
Although it probably drives you nuts, believe me that most people will never notice since few people are as observant as judges in a physique contest.
Regardless, you're worried about a part of your body that isn't even seen much wearing average clothing and swimwear.

And, if you plan to compete at some point, I still wouldn't worry about it unless it becomes worse/noticeable.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:19 AM »
Lol French bottoms , that is supposed to be my loose shorts! thanks for the input maybe those heads of the quads couldbe have been more visible from a distance or a smaller picture but lately I have been doing mobility drills,stretching and mayo fascial ball release.
I intend to compete some day :)