Author Topic: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.  (Read 12249 times)

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
Re: Shocking!!! T.O. is Broke.
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2012, 09:55:19 AM »
Maybe him and MC Hammer could open up a rib joint together. Call it Mc Owens.
time under tension

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2012, 09:57:02 AM »
you guys dont see the different between to and jordan? jordan was the leader at all times, he was the organizer, it was his will that was being executed on the court. he and the coach worked together, this ability to cooperate is important, so was his ability to manage a bunch of egos. he stood up for people when he needed to, he discouraged people when he needed to, he took the blame even when it wasnt necessary, he took up the position of leader and the responsibility of that role unselfishly. and to is still pushing responsibility onto other people to this day, there is the difference

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
you guys dont see the different between to and jordan? jordan was the leader at all times, he was the organizer, it was his will that was being executed on the court. he and the coach worked together, this ability to cooperate is important, so was his ability to manage a bunch of egos. he stood up for people when he needed to, he discouraged people when he needed to, he took the blame even when it wasnt necessary, he took up the position of leader and the responsibility of that role unselfishly. and to is still pushing responsibility onto other people to this day, there is the difference

sure we see the diff. TO is just another athletic black man with an over inflated ego and a big mouth. dime a dozen MJ is MJ..point. What im saying is, is that MJ can be thankful for AIr Jordan for his wealth casue with out that brand, chances are, he'd be the same place as the other baller wilt chambs, et all, that fucked thousands of women in the toilet of his failed restauran chain ::) ;D

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2012, 10:05:56 AM »
Everybody wanna be a financial advisor but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2012, 10:15:32 AM »
Everybody wanna be a financial advisor but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight.

;D

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2012, 10:29:46 AM »
I know that former Ravens DB Chris McCallister squandered something to the effect of 52 mil. He was on the Super Bowl squad that was all-time great. Last I read he had been reduced to living in his boyhood bedroom at his mom's house. After I heard about it I was astonished that he hadn't bought his mom a luxury home upon being drafted. Maybe his mom had some down to earth financial sense that he didn't listen too.

haha classic!

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »

lol i cant feel sorry for these idiots.

even if you had no common sense, no idea how to invest, no clue about roths, ira's, mutual funds etc, even just putting 25M in a high interest savings account will give you over a $1,000,000 in interest.

fucking idiots.
b

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »
People forget that these athletes don't get all this money up front. Much of it is projected, over a number of years, based on performance incentives, bonuses and the like.

Just the athlete can opt out, so can the company. Throw in taxes, investments that bleed cash (i.e. real estate, bad business deals) and it ain't that hard to blow that much money.

Maybe him and MC Hammer could open up a rib joint together. Call it Mc Owens.

As someone said earlier, Hammer is hardly broke. He doesn't quite have the millions he once did, but you won't see him on food stamps anytime soon. Plus, Hammer has made a lot on his online businesses. Plus, he still does some touring, as a lot of old-school rappers from the 80s and 90s do (nostalgic touring scene).

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2012, 01:44:07 PM »

lol i cant feel sorry for these idiots.

even if you had no common sense, no idea how to invest, no clue about roths, ira's, mutual funds etc, even just putting 25M in a high interest savings account will give you over a $1,000,000 in interest.

fucking idiots.

Can someone loan me 25 million for a year? I won't spend any of the money. And I would force a bitch to suck your dick.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »
To be black and have some financial sense, you'd actually need to be part-jew (Wiggs) or gay (Goodrum).

If either of these prominent getbiggers had Owens money before this, they would have made that fortune grow even bigger.

Actually, he trusted the wrong people.

"It's not a matter of having lived too large -- he was never the type to stockpile Ferraris or build himself a compound; the flashiest car he ever drove was a Mercedes, and while he indeed racked up a few homes that cost as much as $4 million, the only crib he classifies as even mildly sick by pro-ball standards was the one he bought in Atlanta to live in during the Philly off-season.

The problem, he says, is that he's by nature too trusting, loyal to a fault, despite everyone's carping that he's selfish. It's the sad old stereotypical song of the up-from-nothing black athlete: He let other people take care of things."

hahah kwonda speaking the truth as always !

forgive me if your name is Takwonda  8)
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2012, 02:31:27 PM »
LOL Johnny, you rock bro

You're one of the things in the world that make it worth waking up in the morning

Such a bundle of joy  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:08 PM »
While this is all pretty shocking, I think what you will find in this thread: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=411579.0 is WAY MORE SHOCKING.

"1"

MikMaq

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »
It's narcissism at it's core. Anyone going in to sports, 9 times out of 10 is narcissistic. It's the attitude you need to have in order to go forward in a industry that has such a high chance of failure. White people do the same they just end up in music and acting, as they have much greater odds of being successful in those two fields.

There are a couple of reason why the white folk don't get the exposure for this shit. In music and acting you usually have to be established,  around 28 years old not 18 when they make it big. The two industries also don't punish people so hardly for getting older. And the obvious white folk hide their fucks up alot better than blacks especially narcissistic celebs.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »
He may have to start playing some tunes for money with Manute and Muggsy.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
A

hmontaq

• Getbig II
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 08:32:50 PM »
"And on top of that, he's battling in court with four women to whom he pays a total of $44,600 a month in child support for his four children, ages 5 to 12."

$535,200 a year... Pussy has destroyed many men. Control that, live a modest life, and let your actions speak for you rather than your loud mouth and you can go far. Most pro athetes cant do that. Women chase them constantly, they got money and all the toys, they think they have it made and talk shit. Then it all hits the fan.

Getbig =Reality Show

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2012, 02:31:18 AM »
prison and jail ::) ::)

as well as incarceration?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2012, 02:53:42 AM »
What apply85 said...Rusty, from what I read, in the mags, Jordan's Suzuki team is/has doing well, of course there were hiccups when he started...he has good riders, and a good bike supplier...I don't follow the sport that closely, but I think they have had some podium finishes.

Jordan owes his mystique to Nike, and to a certain University of Maryland player who died.

The first Jordans were ugly, but everybody remembers that jumpman picture.
Then let's not forget Spike Lee's commericals (and he was a knicks fan)...the foundation was laid by Dean Smith, at Ball So Hard University aka North Carolina.

Knight only put the strategy together...Nike was the marketing behind it.

You're showing your age , first Jordans were not ugly and everyone wanted them back then.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2012, 03:06:30 AM »
You're showing your age , first Jordans were not ugly and everyone wanted them back then.
These were ugly, in all their original colorways, regardless if everyone wanted them

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2012, 03:15:33 AM »
These were ugly, in all their original colorways, regardless if everyone wanted them

Ugly compared to what? what was out at the time? what was better looking? you have the luxury of hind site of course they are ' ugly ' compared to later versions or newer ones but they were back then they were the shit best looking sneaker by far better than any Converse that year

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2012, 03:21:44 AM »
Ugly compared to what? what was out at the time? what was better looking? you have the luxury of hind site of course they are ' ugly ' compared to later versions or newer ones but they were back then they were the shit best looking sneaker by far better than any Converse that year
Back in 1985, I was 8, but when the Jordan II and IIIs came out, I liked them...as compared to the originals, I just don't like the colorways

when I worked in Footlocker during the summers in college, they had the Air Force 1s hightops out---they resembled the Jordans, except nobody bought the green, red, and white ones, they were ugly as all get out---I should say, the only people who bought those shoes were Latinos...
I'd say the Filas that were out at the same time were better looking looking than the Jordans.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2012, 03:24:52 AM »
Back in 1985, I was 8, but when the Jordan II and IIIs came out, I liked them...as compared to the originals, I just don't like the colorways

when I worked in Footlocker during the summers in college, they had the Air Force 1s hightops out---they resembled the Jordans, except nobody bought the green, red, and white ones, they were ugly as all get out---I should say, the only people who bought those shoes were Latinos...
I'd say the Filas that were out at the same time were better looking looking than the Jordans.

I was 15 in 1985 and everyone loved the Jordans , especially compared to what was out at the time.

Now you wanna talk about ugly? British Knights  :-X

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2012, 03:27:56 AM »
I was 15 in 1985 and everyone loved the Jordans , especially compared to what was out at the time.

Now you wanna talk about ugly? British Knights  :-X
And Lottos, and K-Swiss hightops, and Roos.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2012, 04:12:03 AM »

Exactly - the deadlift is the cornerstone of being rich.