Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 13, 2017, 10:27:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seated behind the neck presses feel great, why are they "bad for the shoulder"?  (Read 23183 times)
bigmc
Getbig V

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2015, 07:00:48 AM »

As much as I like standing db presses, I've never put consistent effort into progressing with them. I do like the seated barbell set up at my gym, back is tall up to my head.

it takes a lot of technique to go heavy on them

ive always done them seated
Report to moderator   Logged

T
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »

it takes a lot of technique to go heavy on them

ive always done them seated
Most people have trouble with balance cleaning the dbs up for standing. Funny cause after I do them I always see younger guys tryng them a few days later.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
B_B_C
Getbig IV

change is the lot of all

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2015, 11:02:46 AM »

if you have a big cranium they are no good either

as there are loads of big though not well employed craniums on this site little harm will result

c
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2016, 06:34:05 PM »

I've done behind the neck since I was about 15 to about 50 plus. I always thought it kept the joint healthy because you do need shoulder flexibility to do a full range of motion. When I got to about 55 I can't do them anymore without a lot of pain.  Front presses cause no pain and dumbbells just a occasional pain. I fear my one shoulder in particular is wearing out.
snarled
Getbig II

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2016, 12:44:57 PM »

Same story with upright rows, don't overdo the ROM or go retardedly heavy and you'll be fine.
jon cole
Getbig IV

« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2016, 01:28:09 AM »

I have been doing seated behing the neck press since 2000. Heaviest load was 245lbs for 5 reps for partial rep and complete range of motion for 10 reps at 180lbs and 1 rep at 225.
My shoulder are ok, i never injuried myself with bnp, but i did it several time with bench press.

When i stop doing them for few week, not only my shoulder size shrink but the overall size of my upper body, especially upper chest.

asstropin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!