Author Topic: Old Men Strength.  (Read 24563 times)

suckmymuscle

Old Men Strength.
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »
  One of the most amazing characteristics of ageing, up to a point, is the dramatic increase in strength. Studies have shown that human males only reach the absolute peak of their strength in their very late thirties to mid forties.

A man between the ages of 38 and 45 has gone downhill in many ways. His explosiveness is inferior to a young man in his early twenties, and his stamina is far inferior. Also, the first wrinkles are clearly visible in the skin. But in terms of strength, he is at the absolute peak. Ronnie was 41 years old when he shot "The Unbelieavable" where he deadlifts 805 lbs for a double and leg presses a ton.

Full grown men are a lot stronger than adolescent boys or young men. Most dads are well into their forties and fifties and they can beat the shit out of their 17 year-old sons if they misbehave. After reaching it's peak somewhere between ages 38 and 45, strength starts to decline at the rate of 1% each year, but even old men are still stronger than adolescents. There was this old man down the block in my old neighborhood who married for the second time when he was almost 50 and had a son, and even at the age of 75 he could still rag doll his 16 year-old son when he did shit at school.

Only at extremely advanced ages, usually above age 85, does the man's strength decline to a level comparable or inferior to what he had at ages 16 or 17.

The most amazing thing to me is that teenagers who workout for months are still weaker on the bench, deadlift and squat than your typical middle aged 45 year old who doesen't even workout. Muscle mass continues to increase naturally for a decade after bone growth has stopped, and strength continues to increase for yet another decade after that. Because bone growth stops completely somewhere between the ages of 18 and 25, most men peak in terms of strength between ages 38 and 45.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: Old Men Strength.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
Yes, this is why there are so many 40-50 year old Olympians out there. Shut the fuck up gimmick, peak strength in males occurs in the age period of 18-25, usually maxing at 25 and declining after that gradually. On the flipside as you get older the more your endurance increases.
all drugs - TPPIIP

io856

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »
this is true

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »
Yes, this is why there are so many 40-50 year old Olympians out there. Shut the fuck up gimmick, peak strength in males occurs in the age period of 18-25, usually maxing at 25 and declining after that gradually. On the flipside as you get older the more your endurance increases.

Terrible reading comprehension from a dummy. Most Olympic sports involve explosiveness(sprinting, 100 meter free-style swin, hammer throwing, etc) or endurance(marathon running, etc) which peaks during a man's twenties. Guess that? I said explosiveness and endurance peak during youth.

And saying that endurance increases with age is beyond retarded. Endurance peaks during the early twenties. The reason why marathon champions are slightly older than that(udsually between ages 25-35) is because it takes many years of training to achieve the high level of performance of a professional marathoner.

You = stupid. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »
Not sure where you get your facts from.  Most of your topics you seem quite clueless.

After late 30s it all goes down hill.  After the late 20s testosterone just keeps dropping.  Men in their 40s cannot hold onto their strength or mass due to this.  Unless we are talking about men who use performance enhancers then ok.  A bodybuilding man in his 40s cannot keep up with the young guns.  Not to mention their physique just gets worse...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »
Not sure where you get your facts from.  Most of your topics you seem quite clueless.

After late 30s it all goes down hill.  After the late 20s testosterone just keeps dropping.  Men in their 40s cannot hold onto their strength or mass due to this.  Unless we are talking about men who use performance enhancers then ok.  A bodybuilding man in his 40s cannot keep up with the young guns.  Not to mention their physique just gets worse...

Wrong on all counts. A 23 year old has less testosterone than a 15 year-old and yet has bigger muscles and more strength. Testosterone has nothing to do with it.

Also, I am talking about strength and not muscularity which is influenced by things such as bodyfat which increase with age and vascularity which decreases with age diminishing the quality of the physique. An 18 year-old has less bodyfat and thus more defined muscles than a 30 year-old but has less strength.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 11:09:26 PM »
 Wrong on all counts. A 23 year old has less testosterone than a 15 year-old and yet has bigger muscles and more strength. Testosterone has nothing to do with it.

Also, I am talking about strength and not muscularity which is influenced by things such as bodyfat which increase with age and vascularity which decreases with age diminishing the quality of the physique. An 18 year-old has less bodyfat and thus more defined muscles than a 30 year-old but has less strength.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
testosterone is what helps us gain so much muscle.

The thing about a 15 year old is he still growing for many more years.  Of Course a 30 year old lifter will be stronger.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 11:16:57 PM »
testosterone is what helps us gain so much muscle.

The thing about a 15 year old is he still growing for many more years.  Of Course a 30 year old lifter will be stronger.

Exactly, dumbass. A 30 year-old man is stronger than a 15 year-old despite having less testosterone because testosterone is not the only factor responsible for muscle growth. After all, if it were, the 30 year-old man's muscles would have shrunk to a size smaller than the 15 year-old's since he has less testosterone.

Likewise, a mare has less testosterone than a human male and yet is much stronger. Riddle me that? Because there are many other factors that affect strength.

A 40 year-old has less testosterone than a young man, which reflects in higher levels of bodyfat and less aggressive behavior, but the fact that he is stronger indicates that testosterone is not the only factor regulating strength. There are probably genetic mechanisms independent of testosterone that increase strength up to an age far beyond the one when testosterone levels start declining.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

io856

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 11:27:35 PM »
what an absolute moron to bring up testosterone at all  ::)

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »
 Exactly, dumbass. A 30 year-old man is stronger than a 15 year-old despite having less testosterone because testosterone is not the only factor responsible for muscle growth. After all, if it were, the 30 year-old man's muscles would have shrunk to a size smaller than the 15 year-old's since he has less testosterone.

Likewise, a mare has less testosterone than a human male and yet is much stronger. Riddle me that? Because there are many other factors that affect strength.

A 40 year-old has less testosterone than a young man, which reflects in higher levels of bodyfat and less aggressive behavior, but the fact that he is stronger indicates that testosterone is not the only factor regulating strength. There are probably genetic mechanisms independent of testosterone that increase strength up to an age far beyond the one when testosterone levels start declining.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
No 40 year old that is not on performance enhancers will be stronger than a weightlifting 18 year old.

A 30 year old who has been training for years can credit the great gains from the high testosterone levels in his 20s.

hope this helps

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:02 PM »
i know they are all on PED's but if you notice the strongest men the world are in there 40's.. andy bolton comes to mind. it takes years to acquire strength
irongearco.com

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 11:35:29 PM »
I am not sure if this idiot suckmycock is just posting to get a reaction or if he actually serious. He is beyond delusional lol

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 11:42:24 PM »
No 40 year old that is not on performance enhancers will be stronger than a weightlifting 18 year old.

Wrong.

A 30 year old who has been training for years can credit the great gains from the high testosterone levels in his 20s.

hope this helps

But his testosterone was higher at 20 than 30. How could his training result in more strength with lower testosterone levels than with higher testosterone levels since according to you all that matters for strength is testosterone?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »
suckymuslce,,,,owning people,,,and taking names,,,,I would make you elve,,but you got other problems I dont want,,,

gh15 approved

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
With the hormones available - it's very relative.. Otherwise - may be some truth to t.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 07:19:46 AM »
Well wes can still get up from the toilet without holding onto the toilet roll dispenser so there is an element of truth to that theory  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 08:26:30 AM »
Well wes can still get up from the toilet without holding onto the toilet roll dispenser so there is an element of truth to that theory  ;D
I will admit that at times I need a spot to perform this feat !  :D

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 09:10:16 AM »

hope this helps

Any 40 year old who has been training for 15-20 years is much stronger than they were at 18.  Most 18 year olds are skinny and undeveloped, far from reaching their peak strength. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 09:18:07 AM »
This is total bullshit. 

A mans physical peak is in his early-mid 20's.  I've been training since I was 18... now I'm close to 50, so I've experienced all of it.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 09:20:22 AM »
So, after the natural testosterone decrease at about 25 you get at your strongest point 10 to 15 years later?

Shut the fuck up.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 09:34:15 AM »
So, after the natural testosterone decrease at about 25 you get at your strongest point 10 to 15 years later?

Shut the fuck up.

Actually testosterone peaks at age 15 and then starts declining after that. A 25 year old has less testosterone than an 18 year-old, so why is the 25 year-old stronger?

Why is a mare stronger than a human male despite having lower testosterone levels?

You guys are obsessed with testosterone because you are dumb and think it is the only factor in strength, but it isn't.

30 year-olds have less testosterone than teenagers but thicker muscles and more strength because it is a part of getting older.

Women are also heavier and stronger at age 30 than they were at 18, and women have extremely low levels of testosterone at all ages. Just a part of growing older.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »
Is this another semen thread?

G

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 09:41:30 AM »
 Actually testosterone peaks at age 15 and then starts declining after that. A 25 year old has less testosterone than an 18 year-old, so why is the 25 year-old stronger?

Why is a mare stronger than a human male despite having lower testosterone levels?

You guys are obsessed with testosterone because you are dumb and think it is the only factor in strength, but it isn't.

30 year-olds have less testosterone than teenagers but thicker muscles and more strength because it is a part of getting older.

Women are also heavier and stronger at age 30 than they were at 18, and women have extremely low levels of testosterone at all ages. Just a part of growing older.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Ok, in order...

No, it varies from individual to individual but after you stop growing completely test decreases, ie, somewhere around 20 to 25.  This is of course related to the cycles of release of hgh and other hormones, ie, getting older.

Jesus fuck, why is a gorilla stronger than a human despite never lifting a single weight and being herbivorous? Genetics that determine a serious of factors: muscle fiber types, tendons, overallweight and protein synthesis differences.

Prove it, by the way "thicker" means nothing at all, it either is big or small, muscle itself grows or decreases to adapt, nothing else.

Again, prove it.

I assume we mean people than DONT use exogenous hormones, right?

I know strength means neural adaptations up to a point, but without the testostorone levels to support muscle mass you are not stronger beucase your main source of strength, muscles, dont exist/decreased.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 09:48:54 AM »
Hahahaha I bet the basis of this thread was suckmanspenis getting excited after watching 10 '75 year old ex boxer beats up mugger' vids on youtube oh brother

suckmymuscle

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 09:51:20 AM »
Ok, in order...

No, it varies from individual to individual but after you stop growing completely test decreases, ie, somewhere around 20 to 25.  This is of course related to the cycles of release of hgh and other hormones, ie, getting older.

Jesus fuck, why is a gorilla stronger than a human despite never lifting a single weight and being herbivorous? Genetics that determine a serious of factors: muscle fiber types, tendons, overallweight and protein synthesis differences.

Prove it, by the way "thicker" means nothing at all, it either is big or small, muscle itself grows or decreases to adapt, nothing else.

Again, prove it.

I assume we mean people than DONT use exogenous hormones, right?

I know strength means neural adaptations up to a point, but without the testostorone levels to support muscle mass you are not stronger beucase your main source of strength, muscles, dont exist/decreased.

You have just agreed with everything I said, so why this post?

For fuck sake, are there any limits to the stupidity of you turds ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE