Author Topic: Old Men Strength.  (Read 24610 times)

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
Re: Old Men Strength.
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 09:53:48 AM »
 You have just agreed with everything I said, so why this post?

For fuck sake, are there any limits to the stupidity of you turds ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I forgot I was talking to the delusional methhead bodybuilder...

I agreed with nothing, your examples are dumb because you compare different animals with more variables OTHER THAN TEST that do NOT apply to humans, your anecdotal evidence is useless and well, you are a general imbecile, so yeah, there is no limit to your stupidity.

Oh, and you still fail to prove your claims of older people being stronger, not one single evidence.

CETERIS PARIBUS (Im writing in hard so that you actually spend time researching) a 45 year old vs a 20 year old the younger is stronger, end of fucking discussion.  This is specially true when both are either trained or untrained, not mixing variables, you dumb fuck.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
yes, I agree with jakesonyou on this matter. We are on the same page.

His postions regarding older lifters in the future are my positions. 

We are working hand in glove with silent ferocity.
"

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »
Quality post. I too have noticed that anecdotally this is true. Peak strength seems to coincide with full beard growth in a lot of people too. Another reason for men to not fear the aging process--a 40 year old with a full, silver beard and peak strength is the equivalent to a silverback gorilla--and gets the most respect.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »
Yes, this is why there are so many 40-50 year old Olympians out there. Shut the fuck up gimmick, peak strength in males occurs in the age period of 18-25, usually maxing at 25 and declining after that gradually. On the flipside as you get older the more your endurance increases.

Uh ... what the? ... Actually, the attribute of absolute strength DOES survive, and possibly thrive, much longer than most other physical athletic attributes.

Cardio becomes better? You truly know very little for a know-it-all.  ::)

Things like lateral (and general) foot speed, explosiveness (as said), etc. all diminsh rapidly after 30, but like said, absolute strength keeps on keeping on ... especially for those who train and engage in resistance work.

Most of the top powerlifters who last, find themseleves ridiculously strong well into their 40s and 50s.

Olympic lifters, not so much. But as detailed, there are many other attributes other than absolute strength to consider in weightlifting: extreme fleixibility, extreme explosiveness, co-ordination, etc.

Get your facts straight before opening your piehole, friend. Geez.  

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »
I`m as strong now or stronger than I`ve ever been in most lifts.

I do have back issues so I no longer squat too heavy,but most of my lifts are better or as good as they ever were and I`m 56.............just gotta` keep training hard.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »
 Terrible reading comprehension from a dummy. Most Olympic sports involve explosiveness(sprinting, 100 meter free-style swin, hammer throwing, etc) or endurance(marathon running, etc) which peaks during a man's twenties. Guess that? I said explosiveness and endurance peak during youth.

And saying that endurance increases with age is beyond retarded. Endurance peaks during the early twenties. The reason why marathon champions are slightly older than that(udsually between ages 25-35) is because it takes many years of training to achieve the high level of performance of a professional marathoner.

You = stupid. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

No shit

Nomad, just go away ... or read for a few years and do not post.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »
 Wrong on all counts. A 23 year old has less testosterone than a 15 year-old and yet has bigger muscles and more strength. Testosterone has nothing to do with it.

Also, I am talking about strength and not muscularity which is influenced by things such as bodyfat which increase with age and vascularity which decreases with age diminishing the quality of the physique. An 18 year-old has less bodyfat and thus more defined muscles than a 30 year-old but has less strength.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

You're handing out ownings left, right and centre, Suckymuscle. Nice work.  :)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 11:10:57 AM »
testosterone is what helps us gain so much muscle.

The thing about a 15 year old is he still growing for many more years.  Of Course a 30 year old lifter will be stronger.

T levels are only ONE factor in absolute strength. dude.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »
what an absolute moron to bring up testosterone at all  ::)

Very true

Know-nothings all over the place in these parts.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
No 40 year old that is not on performance enhancers will be stronger than a weightlifting 18 year old.

A 30 year old who has been training for years can credit the great gains from the high testosterone levels in his 20s.

hope this helps

Well, I have been lifting since the age of 15, and I am now 42, and I can tell you, without question, that my strength gains now are WAY better than they ever have been. And no, I am not on drugs of any kind.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
I am not sure if this idiot suckmycock is just posting to get a reaction or if he actually serious. He is beyond delusional lol

That YOU'RE so ignorant of the topic at hand is quite simply astounding.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »
This is total bullshit. 

A mans physical peak is in his early-mid 20's.  I've been training since I was 18... now I'm close to 50, so I've experienced all of it.

He's talking about but ONE physical attribute, for FUCK sakes.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 11:18:26 AM »
So, after the natural testosterone decrease at about 25 you get at your strongest point 10 to 15 years later?

Shut the fuck up.

Some of you truly need a dose of humility and some more aggressive experience and knowledge before you spout off and expose your ignorance.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 11:20:08 AM »
  You have just agreed with everything I said, so why this post?

For fuck sake, are there any limits to the stupidity of you turds ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Again, no shit ... this guy simply agrees with what you've said, Suckeymuscle, and then he disaggrees with his own knowledge and how it relates to the very topic of this thread.

Unbelievable

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 11:22:46 AM »
Oh, and you still fail to prove your claims of older people being stronger, not one single evidence.

As a competitive 42-year-old powerlifter, I am my own proof.

I am on no performance-enhancer drugs (just creatine and caffeine) and recently won a meet in a decisive fashion and continue to build strength at an alarming rate.

Next year I will officially squat 700 in an IPF-type federation totally drug-free and totally raw (belt only).

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:19 AM »
What takes it's toll as you get older are injuries.  IF you stay injury free, you can continue to build strength past 40.  

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »
As a competitive 42-year-old powerlifter, I am my own proof.

I am on no performance enhancer drugs (just creatine and caffeine) and recently won a meet in a decisive fashion and continue to build strength at an alarming rate.

Next year I will officially squat 700 in an IPF-type federation totally drug-free and totally raw (belt only).

Cool man.
Nice to see that there are still people doing it raw.
These guys with their armored shirts are rediculous.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »
I do have back issues, so I no longer squat too heavy, but most of my lifts are better or as good as they ever were and I`m 56 ... just gotta keep training hard.

Well, sure, we get stiffer and take a bit longer to warm and loosen, but once we're ready, there ya go.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
Quality post. I too have noticed that anecdotally this is true. Peak strength seems to coincide with full beard growth in a lot of people too. Another reason for men to not fear the aging process--a 40 year old with a full, silver beard and peak strength is the equivalent to a silverback gorilla--and gets the most respect.

cheap move going the gorilla route on this one
"

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »
cheap move going the gorilla route on this one

;D

It's true though

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 11:31:55 AM »
Me too; I was strongest around 40 , and I competed in Powerlifting for over 20 years ,until I was 50 so..........

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »
What takes it's toll as you get older are injuries.  IF you stay injury free, you can continue to build strength past 40.  

As Ed Coan told me, the single most important element to a strength athletes' success is to remain relatively injury-free. No catastrophic injury.

Pure strength training (of which BB is not) is not a pursuit for the impatient. Brutal absolute strength, even with drugs, takes DECADES. Of course, with drug use, most experience that catastrophic injury sooner rather than later.

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »
someone here talks like he's an multiple olympic gold medalist  ::)

Boundary Breaker

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:29 AM »
Cool man.
Nice to see that there are still people doing it raw.
These guys with their armored shirts are rediculous.

Thanks!

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »
He's talking about but ONE physical attribute, for FUCK sakes.

Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing? -lol

People age differently.  Some guys manage to produce higher levels of T later in life, some don't.  Just because you still feel like Atlas in the gym doesn't mean everyone does.