Author Topic: Bloodwork results  (Read 14138 times)

massa

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Bloodwork results
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »
liver enzymes slightly up, but not terribly.  I would start Niacin to raise HDL.  LDL is a little high too.  What is the creatinine, which can be found on chemistry part of the panel.  It would give an idea if kidney function is ok.

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 07:31:53 PM »
Kidneys- Even if your gfr is normal or slightly declined  over time it will start to drop more and more-and when that gets low your fucked
So watch for early signs of bad kidney fuction
HIGH Creatinine-
HIGH urea-
watch your GFR(what % your kidneys are functioning at

Also you should always do a swab test or even better--24 urin test to  check  for protein-blood or sugar in your urin

BAD LIVER
HIGH-liver enzymes
ALSO
 cholesterol levels should be kept normal
BLOOD PRESURE KEPT NORMAL

Hemotology results should be normal
HEMOGLOBIN ECT

these are SOME of the common things to watch for when on gear or bodybuilding related protocal supplements also when taking in high protein and normal supplements --- diff creatinines ect
 Hope this helps

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 12:12:38 AM »
Gentlemen,

So as some of you know, for the past 6 months, I have run test prop, tren ace, proviron, and HGH. I gradually ramped up the doses over time and ended with 700mg per week of both prop and tren, 25mg ED of proviron, and 5iu HGH ED. Also took caber .25mg every 3 days.

My diet has been a mix of what you would consider "clean" and "dirty" food. I never eat candy, desserts, or chips though.

Here were the abnormalities this time around:

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE (L) 37     40-150

AST (H) 57     5-34 (I went on spring break a week before my blood test, where I drank alcohol in heavy heavy amounts which might be the main culprit for this. Haven't drank since and I never make that a habit.)

LDH (H) 260     125-243

TIBC (H) 493     261-478

HDL CHOLESTEROL (L) 17    >40

LDL CHOLESTEROL (H) 163     <130

CHOL/HDL RATIO (H) 11.5     <5.00

HEMOGLOBIN (H) 17.7     13.5-17.5

RDW 16.7%     11.5-14.5

On a side note, my total cholesterol was 195 on a <200 scale.

I'm a little concerned as these are the worst results I've had through blood work. I guess it's not surprising, but it's still a little worrisome.

Which of these things do I really need to worry about and fix? Are cholesterol supps really worth it? Like CoQ or hawthorne berry? I am reluctant to take niacin because the flush problems people describe sound really annoying.

My thoughts were to cruise on test e 300mg and HGH 3-5iu ED. Should I drop proviron too? I was only taking it for penile reasons.

One thing you may want to consider is your liver enzymes may have been "shown" to be elevated due to muscle tissue damage since you lift weights.  I had bloodwork done and mine were elevated. After much research, I learned that people who lift weights for hypertrophy can "show" elevated liver enzymes in basic ALT/AST tests.  I had further testing done and my liver was fine. I have a family member that experienced the same thing. Search online, you will find more.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 04:28:42 AM »
funny thread...
we have a doctor here.... dr.Dutch.... he says to Alphamaledawg.. DO NOT WORRY YOU'LL LIVE....!!
yet all these experts here talking about his labtests like they are experts lol!!!

most of you guys are being way to paranoid.... lol...!!!
cholesterol levels do not mean everything there is far more to the story, in fact... latest research shows it's not cholesterol directly that causes heartdisease... it's general inflamation of the arteries... the cholestrerol gets stuck in the lesions.... so in fact someone with low cholesterol can get in trouble as well.... just eat healthy and do cardio , and most of the people will be fine....it's mostly GENETIC anyway....
like i always say... most dudes from the 70's are still doing fine... they ABUSED the shit out of orals.... lol...
orals are known to wreck havoc on cholesterol levels and are supposed to melt livers lol....

relax!!!
stress causes all kinds of problems as well you know ;)

Be Happy,
Optimus

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 04:37:41 AM »
funny thread...
we have a doctor here.... dr.Dutch.... he says to Alphamaledawg.. DO NOT WORRY YOU'LL LIVE....!!
yet all these experts here talking about his labtests like they are experts lol!!!

most of you guys are being way to paranoid.... lol...!!!
cholesterol levels do not mean everything there is far more to the story, in fact... latest research shows it's not cholesterol directly that causes heartdisease... it's general inflamation of the arteries... the cholestrerol gets stuck in the lesions.... so in fact someone with low cholesterol can get in trouble as well.... just eat healthy and do cardio , and most of the people will be fine....it's mostly GENETIC anyway....
like i always say... most dudes from the 70's are still doing fine... they ABUSED the shit out of orals.... lol...
orals are known to wreck havoc on cholesterol levels and are supposed to melt livers lol....

relax!!!
stress causes all kinds of problems as well you know ;)

didnt know he was actually a doctor lol....good to know!

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 06:14:22 AM »
Thanks for the responses.

1) To the guy that asked about my test levels, it doesn't measure the exact amount beyond 1500 because they are too high.

2) I'm not worried about my liver. That will be fine within a week.

3) My creatinine and BUN were in the normal range.

4) It appears my cholesterol is really the main concern here

5) Dutch is actually a doctor? wtf?

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 06:25:42 AM »

5'10 is a dwarf? Dam you are hard to please

Thats what you got from his post?... :-\ Read between the lines ace.....he said you'll live!...and hes an md for fuck sake... ;)

*edit* i didnt read the second page so OP1980 already said what i did...lol
?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
didnt know he was actually a doctor lol....good to know!

new to me as well - I think his last post might have been taken out of context - he just says You Life - Dr.Dutch... doesn't mean he's a Dr.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 07:07:51 AM »
new to me as well - I think his last post might have been taken out of context - he just says You Life - Dr.Dutch... doesn't mean he's a Dr.

I first thought he was an vetianaryan but hes an MD...ask him...he'll tell ya!.... ;D
?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 07:11:08 AM »
Thanks for the responses.

1) To the guy that asked about my test levels, it doesn't measure the exact amount beyond 1500 because they are too high.

2) I'm not worried about my liver. That will be fine within a week.

3) My creatinine and BUN were in the normal range.

4) It appears my cholesterol is really the main concern here

5) Dutch is actually a doctor? wtf?
1. You should always paint a test strip to see how the finished product will look before applying in large amounts.

2. Liver Pate can be great on crackers.

3. Creatine is worthless.  The best Buns are Martin`s Potato Rolls or you can bake your own.

4. The link between cholesterol and heart disease is somewhat tenuous, moreover your steroiding is going to kill you as is your diet of pointless and excessive protein.

5. Dutch are an ethnic group related to the Netherlands.

I hope this helps. (I`m sure it won`t)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Linseed finish on it or....?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 07:18:31 AM »
Linseed finish on it or....?
Tung Oil is best but Linseed is not bad either.  You have to let them dry and harden and it can take a week.

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »
1. You should always paint a test strip to see how the finished product will look before applying in large amounts.

2. Liver Pate can be great on crackers.

3. Creatine is worthless.  The best Buns are Martin`s Potato Rolls or you can bake your own.

4. The link between cholesterol and heart disease is somewhat tenuous, moreover your steroiding is going to kill you as is your diet of pointless and excessive protein.

5. Dutch are an ethnic group related to the Netherlands.

I hope this helps. (I`m sure it won`t)
ethnic group?? lol....
dutch means something/someone from or related to the Netherlands... ie: a person, language, artwork whatever...
it's used just like the word "american" get it???? not really an ethnic thing at all....

make better use of the wiki pages next time... ok?? ;)
agreed on the liver pate though.... ;D ;D
Be Happy,
Optimus

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
Tung Oil is best but Linseed is not bad either.  You have to let them dry and harden and it can take a week.

I take it you got my joke  :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »
ethnic group?? lol....
dutch means something/someone from or related to the Netherlands... ie: a person, language, artwork whatever...
it's used just like the word "american" get it???? not really an ethnic thing at all....

make better use of the wiki pages next time... ok?? ;)
agreed on the liver pate though.... ;D ;D
I started to type about my Dutch Oven, but figured most of you don`t know that is so I didn`t bother.

PJim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:53 AM »
I started to type about my Dutch Oven, but figured most of you don`t know that is so I didn`t bother.

LOL

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 08:14:34 AM »
You can fix that cholesterol issue with african mango seed powder.  It carries bile acids out of your body which forces your body to make more, which takes cholesterol to do.  Your body makes bile acid in the liver by oxidation of cholesterol.  Increasing the bile acid cycle also has the benefit of supporting micellae growth which greatly improves processing of dietary fat and other nutrient absorption.  See chart at this link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1168905/table/T3/  It delays stomach emptying which allows more complete digestion, resulting in greater bioavailability of proteins also.  

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 08:17:32 AM »
and yes dr Dutch is a doc.....
don't you guys remember he gave a lot of people a reality check on the bp thread??/
people with 150/80 thought they were going to die, and some bro's with their bro science only made it worse lol!!!
as long as you bp is not constantly like 170/110 or something like that, lol! .... do not stress to much..
for a heavy muscular bb 150/80 is not that high....and usually when measuring you are a little stressed so you wil see like a 10% raise anyway....
and get your water retention under control and bp will be fine most of the time....
other things to look for is thickening of blood... especially with eq and oxy.... as that can raise bp as well....
but get these things under control and you will be fine...
lot of unnecessary panic here at getbig sometimes....

Be Happy,
Optimus

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 08:25:28 AM »
You can fix that cholesterol issue with african mango seed powder.  It carries bile acids out of your body which forces your body to make more, which takes cholesterol to do.  Your body makes bile acid in the liver by oxidation of cholesterol.  Increasing the bile acid cycle also has the benefit of supporting micellae growth which greatly improves processing of dietary fat and other nutrient absorption.  See chart at this link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1168905/table/T3/  It delays stomach emptying which allows more complete digestion, resulting in greater bioavailability of proteins also.  

Have you fixed your obesity problem yet?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 08:33:28 AM »
Total cholesterol reading isn't enough, it's the ratios. Having a low HDL is really bad and aerobic exercise has shown to make it higher. The problem with blood pressure that's even a little over is that for a bodybuilder it's a problem. Imagine the spike in blood pressure when you leg press, deadlift or just grinding out that final rep. I have heard that creatine can give bad kidney tests but I'm not sure about that.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 08:34:35 AM »
I first thought he was an vetianaryan but hes an MD...ask him...he'll tell ya!.... ;D

lol the fuck is a medical doctor doing on Getbig.... Ohhhhh now I get it

;D

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 08:50:25 AM »
Total cholesterol reading isn't enough, it's the ratios. Having a low HDL is really bad and aerobic exercise has shown to make it higher. The problem with blood pressure that's even a little over is that for a bodybuilder it's a problem. Imagine the spike in blood pressure when you leg press, deadlift or just grinding out that final rep. I have heard that creatine can give bad kidney tests but I'm not sure about that.
pro's only train with dumb ass heavy weights for photoshoots lol... so that will not be a problem.... ;D ;D

and bp is heavily related to water retention.... not always but in most cases.... that or thick blood.... get that dealt with and you are fine...
and yes creatine CAN be very bad for kidneys.... i forgot but there were cases of people pissing out there muscles litterally.... i am sure someone can google it.....
Be Happy,
Optimus

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 08:58:08 AM »
Have you fixed your obesity problem yet?
  No, i still hate obese people.  I despise their lack of discipline and self control.  Have you fixed your shitty genetics yet? 

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 09:21:36 AM »
pro's only train with dumb ass heavy weights for photoshoots lol... so that will not be a problem.... ;D ;D

and bp is heavily related to water retention.... not always but in most cases.... that or thick blood.... get that dealt with and you are fine...
and yes creatine CAN be very bad for kidneys.... i forgot but there were cases of people pissing out there muscles litterally.... i am sure someone can google it.....

Please give me one study that shows creatine is bad for your kidneys...besides bro science.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »
lol the fuck is a medical doctor doing on Getbig.... Ohhhhh now I get it

;D

He wants to learn from the best!!..... :D
?