Author Topic: Derek Anthony - the truth about him - not all these rumors  (Read 104650 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Derek Anthony - the truth about him - not all these rumors
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »

I mentioned what happenned to him back in January...he's in hospice care at the present time as well as being cared for by his family.  He has daily dialysis and a severely damaged heart and liver.  He's in pretty bad shape and he's not going to get any better 

I must have missed this. It is truly sad. Regardless of how he got to this point, it is awful to read that he is in such dire health. Such a young fellow too; what a shame. It makes me very grateful for my good health at the ripe old age of 68....will be 69 this summer. I suppose there are always miracles, but hospice seems like the bitter end. My sister who was only 50 years old was in hospice for two weeks before she died of oat cell cancer which had riddled her body. My mother never made it to hospice before she died at 61 of emphysema related organ failure.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »
What a sad story. The guy just wanted to be liked.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »

Most people do. Some are just a little more insecure than others which makes them try harder. Unfortunately, trying hard to be liked rarely works out well.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2013, 10:59:55 PM »

True...But don't we all. However, I believe DA was a troll that didn't understand he was a troll.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2013, 12:00:13 AM »
I believe DA was a troll that didn't understand he was a troll.

^

:D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2013, 12:03:43 AM »
True...But don't we all. However, I believe DA was a troll that didn't understand he was a troll.

It is good to know you think he is not a troll any longer.

As far as I know, Derek is still alive, it is rather unkind to speak of the living as if they were no longer with us.

I looked up the term troll because I was only guessing at its definition. After reading the definition of an Internet troll, I question how Derek qualifies as being a troll. On the other hand, I can see where a lot of other people, including posters on Getbig, absolutely embody the definition of a troll.

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion. The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted."

While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions and harassment outside of an online context. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2013, 12:23:26 AM »
Everyone who lifts for reasons beyond health, i.e to bodybuild, are doing so to compensate for personal inadequacies and insecurities. Derek is clearly at the extreme end of this spectrum, he obviously has some deep seeded psychological issues and his only way of trying to deal with them is to portray himself as this uber Alpha, hard guy. It's sad that his inability to accept who he is drives him to continuous self destruction and a hugely shortened lifespan.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2013, 05:12:50 AM »

I mentioned what happenned to him back in January...he's in hospice care at the present time as well as being cared for by his family.  He has daily dialysis and a severely damaged heart and liver.  He's in pretty bad shape and he's not going to get any better 
Sad!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2013, 05:19:20 AM »
Everyone who lifts for reasons beyond health, i.e to bodybuild, are doing so to compensate for personal inadequacies and insecurities. Derek is clearly at the extreme end of this spectrum, he obviously has some deep seeded psychological issues and his only way of trying to deal with them is to portray himself as this uber Alpha, hard guy. It's sad that his inability to accept who he is drives him to continuous self destruction and a hugely shortened lifespan.
Very good post the is true, most bodybuilders have a poor self image and inadequacies in there lives which is the drive, then if successful in contests keep going up on the drugs which damages health. I had a friend on roids he developed a huge tumor on one lat like golf ball size lucky it got removed and is ok now just an example.

TPs Kidney

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Team "Marshel"
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2013, 05:39:23 AM »
i think its his Kidneys that are up

Did someone say kidney?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »
I must have missed this. It is truly sad. Regardless of how he got to this point, it is awful to read that he is in such dire health. Such a young fellow too; what a shame. It makes me very grateful for my good health at the ripe old age of 68....will be 69 this summer. I suppose there are always miracles, but hospice seems like the bitter end. My sister who was only 50 years old was in hospice for two weeks before she died of oat cell cancer which had riddled her body. My mother never made it to hospice before she died at 61 of emphysema related organ failure.

It sucks when our family members are ill or die.

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2013, 02:46:22 PM »
Is he still swole with epic pecs? He better be. Real men never let themselves turn into twinks. High bp and organ failure shouldn't stand in the way of being hyooge.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2013, 05:38:14 PM »

So this is the end?

I was rather hoping he'd be back to annoy people on here.

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2013, 05:43:16 PM »
Its likely the hard truth....that's where I would be if I was him.  If I had daily dialysis and multiple heart attacks, I would check myself into hospice care to be properly taken care of until my medical issues were taken care of and Derek has way too many of them so he needs the best care.

The fact is that we are all going to die someday so its best to have some peace and quiet, make good with God, and go out with some sort of dignity and respect. 

FUCK YOU'RE DUMB AND IGNORANT; you go to a hospice to die you fool. You don't "check in" to get your health issues sorted. You check in to check out, permanently.

He IS NOT in a hospice.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #264 on: April 11, 2013, 05:50:42 PM »

FUCK YOU'RE DUMB AND IGNORANT; you go to a hospice to die you fool. You don't "check in" to get your health issues sorted. You check in to check out, permanently.

He IS NOT in a hospice.

Really?

THE BEEF

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2013, 05:56:47 PM »
Most people do. Some are just a little more insecure than others which makes them try harder. Unfortunately, trying hard to be liked rarely works out well.

I don't always agree with your posts, but hey that's what makes us humans , if we all thought the same it would be pretty boring - but what I do like is your wisdom and more mellowed view on things  that comes with age.. Good asset to the board.  ;)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2013, 06:00:49 PM »
It is good to know you think he is not a troll any longer.

As far as I know, Derek is still alive, it is rather unkind to speak of the living as if they were no longer with us.

I looked up the term troll because I was only guessing at its definition. After reading the definition of an Internet troll, I question how Derek qualifies as being a troll. On the other hand, I can see where a lot of other people, including posters on Getbig, absolutely embody the definition of a troll.

Are you going to light a candle again , you sick fuck  ?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »

He IS NOT in a hospice.

Usually but not always

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2013, 06:04:35 PM »

He IS NOT in a hospice.

I said he's receiving "hospice care".  I didn't say anything about him going to a hospice because he's at home with his family and he's being driven to his dialysis treatments.  

But just because he's at home doesn't mean squat.  He's not recovering...he's dying......he's not at the gym, he's not at the Hamptons, he's not hanging out with Palumbo, he's not doing any radio shows.  He's still posting on Facebook a bit but that's about all.  Don't wish to sound like I'm happy at his demise because I'm not but if he's at a state in life where he needs hospice care....he needs to get his affairs in order, period.
A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2013, 06:59:30 PM »

I said he's receiving "hospice care".  I didn't say anything about him going to a hospice because he's at home with his family and he's being driven to his dialysis treatments.  

But just because he's at home doesn't mean squat.  He's not recovering...he's dying......he's not at the gym, he's not at the Hamptons, he's not hanging out with Palumbo, he's not doing any radio shows.  He's still posting on Facebook a bit but that's about all.  Don't wish to sound like I'm happy at his demise because I'm not but if he's at a state in life where he needs hospice care....he needs to get his affairs in order, period.

What does he say?
O

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »
Are you going to light a candle again , you sick fuck  ?

Are you going to lite them using my handle like you did before? You sick fuck!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2013, 09:29:29 PM »

Hospice care is usually given to folks at home whenever possible. My sister went home from the hospital after they determined her cancer was incurable. She was with her husband and children when she died. Hospice provided for her needs and offered her family some counseling. My cousin was in a very expensive nursing facility when she began hospice care, she died at that facility. My wife's sister had hospice care for over two years. She lived at home with round the clock nurses until she died at home. Hospice helped with the cost of her medications and other end of life supplies.

Normally, people receive hospice care when their doctor determines they likely have less then six months to live. Obviously, predicting someone's death is not an exact science. Some people live much longer then six months and some die sooner then expected.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2013, 10:52:50 PM »
I think it's fair to say he is actually dying for all of us bitches.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2013, 11:52:11 PM »
I think it's fair to say he is actually dying for all of us bitches.

I doubt if he is that it is by his choice. It could be just my jaded views, but no one here seems worth dying for.

TPs Kidney

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Team "Marshel"
« Reply #274 on: April 18, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
I'm sorry I couldnt    save him