Author Topic: The Atheist Thread  (Read 89635 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: The Atheist Thread
« Reply #350 on: September 30, 2012, 12:34:47 PM »
So says the tool that FLED from his homeland

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »
lol you moron I'm not Arab. I lived amongst Arabs. You don't 'flee' from places you travel through unless America starts bombing the countries then yes you have to flee, but I didn't have to.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:18 PM »
lol you moron I'm not Arab. I lived amongst Arabs. You don't 'flee' from places you travel through unless America starts bombing the countries then yes you have to flee, but I didn't have to.

So now you are from Canada?

Even so, You should be closer to your kind.   :)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2012, 02:37:51 AM »
G

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2012, 07:32:27 AM »
lol, wow that made me laugh  :D   

I would have added the 2 nukes dropped on Japan ^^^^

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2012, 11:49:37 PM »
lol, wow that made me laugh  :D   

I would have added the 2 nukes dropped on Japan ^^^^

And Snooki & co. And the Kardashians!

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #356 on: October 03, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
And Snooki & co. And the Kardashians!
and "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo"

V

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #357 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41:48 AM »

God will judge all sin accordingly....yours, mine, everybody's.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:41 PM »
God will judge all sin accordingly....yours, mine, everybody's.

First of all, why judge at all? Second, the "accordingly" is nonsense. Sin is sin, and the wages of sin is death.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: October 03, 2012, 02:21:11 PM »
First of all, why judge at all? Second, the "accordingly" is nonsense. Sin is sin, and the wages of sin is death.

If you prefer to remove "accordingly" that's fine.  Yep, sin is sin.

The Lord will judge whether or not our sin is covered by the shed blood of Christ according to whether we honestly claimed Christ as savior.

Why judge at all?  I suppose so that everyone has an opportunity to stand before the Lord and fully understand the finality of our decision to accept or deny God as we enter eternity (reconciled with or separated from him).  

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »

The Lord will judge whether or not our sin is covered by the shed blood of Christ according to whether we honestly claimed Christ as savior.

Why judge at all?  I suppose so that everyone has an opportunity to stand before the Lord and fully understand the finality of our decision to accept or deny God as we enter eternity (reconciled with or separated from him).  

yuck, can you imagine living in eternity, jesus that would be so boring, I would blow my brains out. Also, if all is eternal nothing we do matters, eternity negates purpose by definition.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »

Honest question here - what do you believe would have happened to us if Jesus did not "die for our sins?"  Would we all go to hell? 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: October 03, 2012, 03:51:51 PM »
Honest question here - what do you believe would have happened to us if Jesus did not "die for our sins?"  Would we all go to hell? 

I suppose we would have to continue the OT practices that early Israel did via blood sacrifice per animals, grain offerings, etc...to atone for our sins and reconcile ourselves with God.  Essentially Christ's death and resurrection established a new covenant; that said, if Christ hadn't come as a man to pay the ultimate price we'd still be subject to the old covenant.   

Never really considered that to be honest, but at first blush that's what I got.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2012, 03:56:56 PM »
I suppose we would have to continue the OT practices that early Israel did via blood sacrifice per animals, grain offerings, etc...to atone for our sins and reconcile ourselves with God.  Essentially Christ's death and resurrection established a new covenant; that said, if Christ hadn't come as a man to pay the ultimate price we'd still be subject to the old covenant.   

Never really considered that to be honest, but at first blush that's what I got.

I'm actually not familiar with the OT practices that you're referring to, can you expand a bit?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »
I'm actually not familiar with the OT practices that you're referring to, can you expand a bit?

Oh man, that's a big ole request.  I'd have to go through all of Leviticus for starters.  When I get home from the gym I'll take a look at some verses.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2012, 04:07:58 PM »
Oh man, that's a big ole request.  I'd have to go through all of Leviticus for starters.  When I get home from the gym I'll take a look at some verses.

Okay, thanks, you can give a short Coles notes version or I can try to look it up in google too.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: October 03, 2012, 04:09:45 PM »
Okay, thanks, you can give a short Coles notes version or I can try to look it up in google too.

Admittedly, Leviticus is such a dry....DRY read LOL!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2012, 04:53:00 PM »
Maybe not, but the wages of sin is death, so maybe we would be done at the end of this life for good.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #368 on: October 03, 2012, 05:10:46 PM »
Wages of sin is death? Not necessarily. We Muslims don't believe that for any sin we deserve death.

Ask God for forgiveness as God is the most merciful, it's pretty evident if we are sincere in our repentance God will forgive us as he is The forgiver, the most merciful, the most compassionate.

We don't believe in blood sacrifice/human sacrifice. Simply asking forgiveness and repentance is enough. Only certain types of sins that become publically manifested such as murder, rape, adultery, etc... are punishable, but we do not need to face death for sins. Ultimately God can forgive all sins except idolatry/associating partners with Him/worshipping the creation as opposed to the creator.

We certainly are born pure as children and don't have to be responsible for sins that some ancient dude be it Adam (pbuh) or great grandfather did.

Islam teaches responsibility and accountability. If your ancestors did something, they will be held accountable by God. If you do something, past, present or future people should not be accountable for what you personally do. Everyone is therefore justly delat with

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2012, 05:59:57 PM »
Wages of sin is death? Not necessarily.

I was addressing Man of Steel's comment, in the context of his particular religion. Which makes the wages of sin death.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: October 04, 2012, 03:46:26 AM »
Wages of sin is death? Not necessarily. We Muslims don't believe that for any sin we deserve death.

Ask God for forgiveness as God is the most merciful, it's pretty evident if we are sincere in our repentance God will forgive us as he is The forgiver, the most merciful, the most compassionate.

We don't believe in blood sacrifice/human sacrifice. Simply asking forgiveness and repentance is enough. Only certain types of sins that become publically manifested such as murder, rape, adultery, etc... are punishable, but we do not need to face death for sins. Ultimately God can forgive all sins except idolatry/associating partners with Him/worshipping the creation as opposed to the creator.

We certainly are born pure as children and don't have to be responsible for sins that some ancient dude be it Adam (pbuh) or great grandfather did.

Islam teaches responsibility and accountability. If your ancestors did something, they will be held accountable by God. If you do something, past, present or future people should not be accountable for what you personally do. Everyone is therefore justly delat with

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

For a minute their I thought you were serious when you stated that "We Muslims don't believe that for any sin we deserve death" but then I realised it was a gag post when you stated "Islam teaches responsibility and accountability".  Good Gag A_Ahmed.  It's a good thing the West holds Muslims accountable for their actions and does it's best to eliminate the Vile Religion of Islam
V

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »
Well clearly America believes that that they can wash away their sins like obama despite attacking 5 countries and killing alongside bush 1 million muslims in ten years:

As a starting point, it means I believe in - that Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that I am redeemed through him. That is a source of strength and sustenance on a daily basis. Yes, I know that I don't walk alone. And I know that if I can get myself out of the way, that I can maybe carry out in some small way what he intends. And it means that those sins that I have on a fairly regular basis, hopefully will be washed away.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/08/barack_obamas_idea_of_staying_in_the_word_and_living_like_jesus.html#ixzz28LUa6Pwu

Apparently Obama lives according to Jesus

Muslims don't put the blame on Eve but God puts the blame on both for disobeying God's commandment to not eat from the forbidden tree. We are not held accountable for what our ancestor Adam did, we are responsible what we ourselves individually do in front of God.

I am not responsible for what you do, or Obama does, or what my mother does, or what my cousin does, but me, myself and I.

No one else should be held accountable for our own deeds. We are to be judged by God alone.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2012, 10:04:49 AM »
Well clearly America believes that that they can wash away their sins like obama despite attacking 5 countries and killing alongside bush 1 million muslims in ten years:

Only 1 million Muslims, such a shame, America is going to have to do better than that if humanity is to rid itself of the Islam Plague.  No wonder people criticise Obama, he has only managed to get rid of 1 Million Muslims, with Americas advanced weaponry, surely they could quadruple that in half the time.  And here I was thinking that we were beginning to make inroads on the eradication of Islam, only 1 million, jeeez, not nearly enough.  Oh well, I suppose that's 1 million less goat herding towel heads blabbing on about medieval shit nobody in the modern world gives a shit about, not too mention a decrease in terrorism and a reduction of beheading threats directed towards normal members of the public in their own countries by invading muslims.
V

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2012, 02:58:19 PM »
yuck, can you imagine living in eternity, jesus that would be so boring, I would blow my brains out. Also, if all is eternal nothing we do matters, eternity negates purpose by definition.

This... I could go for a 500 or 1000 year lifespan: imagine what you could learn, what you could do. But at some point, eternity would get boring. What good is living if you've done everything there is to do and learned everything there is to learn. And it would only take a finite amount of time to do those things.

I don't buy this answer. To date no one has been able to formulate a cogent argument explaining why god would create us, only to put us through a test and judge us, punishing us if we fail. And it gets even worse when you throw omniscience into the mix.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2012, 03:03:08 PM »
This... I could go for a 500 or 1000 year lifespan: imagine what you could learn, what you could do. But at some point, eternity would get boring. What good is living if you've done everything there is to do and learned everything there is to learn. And it would only take a finite amount of time to do those things.

I don't buy this answer. To date no one has been able to formulate a cogent argument explaining why god would create us, only to put us through a test and judge us, punishing us if we fail. And it gets even worse when you throw omniscience into the mix.

Oh, the answer I gave was free....no worries.   Here's hoping you find that special someone with a cogent answer!