Author Topic: Who believes in God?  (Read 51761 times)

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
Re: Who believes in God?
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »
I used to, but no longer.  My doubts have been washed away.

Not trying to argue, just want an opinion from a devout person as yourself.

Why do religions pick and choose what is to be followed or endorsed today?

Example.

Is slavery frowned upon in the church? The bible says it's ok? Why is it not endorsed by the church?

Homosexuality is wrong by the church, but allowed by state and churches are very vocal about it being as sin.

This has always confused me.

If the bible is the book of god, why is it not followed exactly as written?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »

Example.

Is slavery frowned upon in the church? The bible says it's ok? Why is it not endorsed by the church?

Homosexuality is wrong by the church, but allowed by state and churches are very vocal about it being as sin.

Many churches and religions remove God from the equation and assemble a belief system that caters to will of people and not the will of God.  This provided we are speaking of the Christian God.

I guess it best to first define the type of slavery you think was permitted in the bible. 

Technically homosexuality is deemed a sin by God.  As a body of believers we should not exclude the homosexual community from our churches.  We shouldn't label them as sinners and brand them with a scarlet "H".  If that's the case brand me with an "L" for liar, a "T" for thief and an "A" for adulterer.   We are all sinners and should encourage one another to turn from that sin.  My position in no way upholds a homosexual lifestyle, but I won't not fellowship with a homosexual. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »
god wouldnt want you to destroy the temple bro.

that juice is only serving your vanity. another bad idea

im sure you discuss this in your head sometimes the validity of your decision
Bro vanity is everything, I mean everything, If the most rewarding endeavour in Gods eyes is preaching his word then watching a movie would be wrong, playing sports, saving money, walking in the park, everything cause there is always something better you can do,.. but it doesn't work that way. We have free will and we are not fundamentalist, the 2 great cammandments overide the entire law of Moses.

Love God over everything,.. Which I do

Love your neighbor like yourself,.. which I do

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2012, 03:47:41 PM »
god will forgive that, johnny

Supposedly god will forgive anyone of everything.  You could kill 100 people, but as long as you repent you are golden.

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2012, 03:47:51 PM »
Many churches and religions remove God from the equation and assemble a belief system that caters to will of people and not the will of God.  This provided we are speaking of the Christian God.

I guess it best to first define the type of slavery you think was permitted in the bible. 

Technically homosexuality is deemed a sin by God.  As a body of believers we should not exclude the homosexual community from our churches.  We shouldn't label them as sinners and brand them with a scarlet "H".  If that's the case brand me with an "L" for liar, a "T" for thief and an "A" for adulterer.   We are all sinners and should encourage one another to turn from that sin.  My position in no way upholds a homosexual lifestyle, but I won't not fellowship with a homosexual. 

Thanks for the honest, level-headed reply. Makes sense.

If you had a homsexual son, daughter, or if your mother or father told you they were gay and in hiding, how would you treat them?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »

Example.

You are only confused cause you haven't read the Bible ( I mean the whole Bible),.. The Bible is always taken out of content cause it's nearly a million words, it is easy to distort it for your own reasoning, Slavery according to the Bible is a sin, why cause it is breaking the laws of the land, why wasn't it a sin in the days of Moses?,, ..simply because the laws of the land allowed slavery, the times change and we must change with, the Bible is followed to be flexible to change in terms of era's, governments, and traditions without inflicting foundations.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2012, 03:52:38 PM »
How do we know what middle-age churches added/subtracted from the bible to fit the agenda of the church?  Where would we be if emperor Justinian did not make Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire?  Who changed Jesus's image to obviously have European friendly characteristics?  It begs the question gentleman.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2012, 03:59:59 PM »
Bro vanity is everything, I mean everything, If the most rewarding endeavour in Gods eyes is preaching his word then watching a movie would be wrong, playing sports, saving money, walking in the park, everything cause there is always something better you can do,.. but it doesn't work that way. We have free will and we are not fundamentalist, the 2 great cammandments overide the entire law of Moses.

Love God over everything,.. Which I do

Love your neighbor like yourself,.. which I do

yes those two most important commandments are spot on

yes i suppose even banging fine ass hoes is just as much of a sin as taking steroids if i look at it with an open eye.

but personally i would personally like to deter my friends on here from taking steroids. look at all the "hasbens" and look at how people shrink when they come off. I just dont see the rewarding factor in it at all. yes banging nice hoes while on steroids seems like a bonus but thats burning the candles from both ends, and that aint good

we all are going to burn the candle from one end no matter what to keep sane (banging hoes, drinking occasionally, eating meat) but lets just try to do only the norm but adding steroids to the mix just doesnt add up and only seems to subtract

but eh you are your best judge perhaps other areas in your life are exceedingly pristine compared to my life , so i cant really say nothing bad about you if thats the case :)
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »
Supposedly god will forgive anyone of everything.  You could kill 100 people, but as long as you repent you are golden.
i dont care what the bible says about forgiveness. but i highly doubt god would forgive someone for that unless their soul was under complete power of satan. God will punish the shit out of murderers for not using there common sense, and when the punishment is over then you can be forgiven
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
i dont care what the bible says about forgiveness. but i highly doubt god would forgive someone for that unless their soul was under complete power of satan.

Satan, Johnny? Really?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2012, 04:09:05 PM »
How do we know what middle-age churches added/subtracted from the bible to fit the agenda of the church?  Where would we be if emperor Justinian did not make Christianity the official religion of the Roman empire?  Who changed Jesus's image to obviously have European friendly characteristics?  It begs the question gentleman.
Justinian?....Justinian was a Byzantium era Emperor of the 6th century AD, Christianity was already Rome' official religion. Constantine stopped all Christian persecutions and Theodosius made it a unified religion.

Anyway, not sure what you are getting at but 1 martyred Christians results in 10 000 new followers and at the rate Christians where being Martyred the religion would have grown to enormous proportions regardless, in fact the unification and willingness of the government to acknowledge Christianity probably slowed down it's growth

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: June 19, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »
Satan, Johnny? Really?

whatever you define as evil, give it a name if you will
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2012, 04:15:18 PM »
Johnny, point taken.. I actually can't say I disagree with you

Well I think anyone that claims to have God in their lives and kills a 100 people in cold blood is fucken liar, never had God to begin with.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2012, 04:21:43 PM »
So you assess your beliefs based upon how many others hold them? A sort of high school-style process of belief formation (the more popular, the inherently better)? Clearly, sexism and racism are true as well, then, for they have been believed by the overwhelming majority of human beings in history and by billions to this day (far more than Christianity).

No, don't put words in my mouth. If you don't know the meaning behind what's someone writes I suggest you don't reply, My point and only point when I wrote this is to all the comments being made that only stupid people believe in God which is not true, so please show me in my post where I said that's is the reason I believe.

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2012, 04:26:18 PM »
You are only confused cause you haven't read the Bible ( I mean the whole Bible),.. The Bible is always taken out of content cause it's nearly a million words, it is easy to distort it for your own reasoning, Slavery according to the Bible is a sin, why cause it is breaking the laws of the land, why wasn't it a sin in the days of Moses?,, ..simply because the laws of the land allowed slavery, the times change and we must change with, the Bible is followed to be flexible to change in terms of era's, governments, and traditions without inflicting foundations.

Admittedly, the Bible was written and inspired by a world that was much different than what t is today.  Doesn't that make it a bit outdated, so to speak.  Even on a fundamental level it would be arguably inspired by out of date experiences.

Can you tell me which sinners make it to heaven?  

Are all sins forgiven? If so, then why even worry about sinning?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »
Admittedly, the Bible was written and inspired by a world that was much different than what t is today.  Doesn't that make it a bit outdated, so to speak.  Even on a fundamental level it would be arguably inspired by out of date experiences.

Can you tell me which sinners make it to heaven?  

Are all sins forgiven? If so, then why even worry about sinning?

What about every human that existed before Christianity?  Did they get grandfathered in? Or were they shit out of luck?  Do all dogs go to heaven?  Surely there would't be a seperate heaven for animals.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »
What about every human that existed before Christianity?  Did they get grandfathered in? Or were they shit out of luck?  Do all dogs go to heaven?  Surely there would't be a seperate heaven for animals.
You guys are funny, speculating on things and mocking, lol,... --grand fathered in-- ;D   You guys have not even read the Bible judging by your post so do not argue its contents if your are not familar with what it says about certain things, stick to your original argument that there is no God.

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
It has been said that religion was created to inflict guilt and help control a society. Remeber, when the police and security cameras are off, god is still watching people!   ;D

I can't say thay I disagree with this.  You are considered a sinner the moment you are born and spend the rest fo your life begging for forgiveness.

What ever happened to just treating others as someone's loved one and exactly how you would like to be treated yourself?

Do we really need to give a tithe and attend a ceremony every week to accomplish this?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »
It has been said that religion was created to inflict guilt and help control a society. Remeber, when the police and security cameras are off, god is still watching people!   ;D

I can't say thay I disagree with this.  You are considered a sinner the moment you are born and spend the rest fo your life begging for forgiveness.

What ever happened to just treating others as someone's loved one and exactly how you would like to be treated yourself?

Do we really need to give a tithe and attend a ceremony every week to accomplish this?

OK well listen to this, I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and I think religion is fucking stupid.

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
OK well listen to this, I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and I think religion is fucking stupid.

So if I believe in god, and you believe in god, and both our neighbors believe in god, and one neighbor is on a trip to Thailand, and the other is on an airplane headed to Alaska, how can god watch us all at the same time?

I have always wondered this, even as a small child.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
I believe Jesus was real.  Just like Santa (also a real dude) his exploits have been embelished a little over the years  :D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
I believe Jesus was real.  Just like Santa (also a real dude) his exploits have been embelished a little over the years  :D

Well thats a start ;D

reclifter

• Getbig III
  • This is what I see.
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »
One more question, if church and state are seperate, what defines a marriage?

If one is in a commited, exclusive, long-term relationship, and having sex, but not married by the church or state, are they sinners if they do not refer to themselves as married, but consider themselves like a married couple?

Of course, this is assuming they share a home together.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2012, 04:57:45 PM »
If one takes the elevator, will thy ever see the shaft?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2012, 05:00:08 PM »
It has been said that religion was created to inflict guilt and help control a society. Remeber, when the police and security cameras are off, god is still watching people!   ;D

I can't say thay I disagree with this.  You are considered a sinner the moment you are born and spend the rest fo your life begging for forgiveness.

No need to beg for anything.  All we need to do is confess our sins to God, ask for forgiveness and turn from those sins.   Those with heart aligned with Christ shouldn't have to worry about a lifetime of overcoming sin.  Now certainly we will sin, but fortunately Christ has paid the price for those sins and all we need to do is humble ourselves, confess of those sins, ask for forgiveness and turn from them (as best we're able).  We may need guidance and prayer to help us turn.

Attending church isn't a requirement for faith in Christ, but tithing is scriptural and an act of faith as well.  Attending church should be about a desire to worship and fellowship with other believers.