Author Topic: Bob Chick - Tribute.  (Read 52850 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Chick - Tribute.
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2012, 04:59:51 AM »
Vince is a bitter old man

he is still crying about a contest held 36 years ago

he has a personality disorder and should seek help the bitterness is destroying him
T

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2012, 06:50:14 AM »
I miss the BSN blitz By Bob Chick  talking so excited about The "big bad Wolf" and the "Nasty" one....where can i find those clips?

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHH

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Bob Chick - the legend
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
The 1975 Mr Australia was fixed. Paul Graham scored me low as did Arnold. So I placed last in the tall class. The places were by class not overall.

In the old days if you owned a gym you were considered by NABBA in England as being a professional bodybuilder. What a joke. I taught high school full time, was going to graduate school at night and ran my gym after school. There was hardly time to train. I did that after the gym closed. Yes, some owners do train when the members are there but I never did when I was competing.

Those "Professional" rules had nothing to do with NABBA. Prior to 1974 the Australian Bodybuilding Federation made up their own rules and judging criteria, then in '74 they became affiliated to the IFBB. NABBA hadn't even bothered to reply to Frank Burwash's request to affiliate with them.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »
Vince had a great build but bitches about the contest like Mentzer did over the 80` Olympia.

Should have just accepted it and used the negativity in the gym in an effort to win the next one.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
Vince had a great build but bitches about the contest like Mentzer did over the 80` Olympia.

Should have just accepted it and used the negativity in the gym in an effort to win the next one.
Wes you have my vote for best Getbig poster

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2012, 01:00:10 PM »

more proof that wes is nice to everyone
T

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
You guys take this internet shit so serious!

Bob Chick is entertaining as hell and knows his shit

johnny_english

• Getbig II
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
Hi Bob :)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2012, 02:39:26 PM »
I would take a guess and say at least 5 pros post here regularly under gimmick handles.  Bodybuilders are attentiond whores by design.  There is no way they wouldn't be tempted to post here.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2012, 03:35:01 PM »
Bob's a good dude and would decimate many "pros" these days. Including that walking eyesore Branch.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
Wouldn't it be a hoot if at 8 pm tonight each and every gimmick was revealed!

It is convenient for cowards to use a gimmick to do their nasty stuff. I don't resort

to such tactics because I have detested the anonymity of forums and chat rooms. Nope,

I have never been in chat room.

Does Bob use a gimmick?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
  at least vince b was a pro

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »
 at least vince b was a pro

Naw, I was never a professional bodybuilder. I never did a guest pose for anyone. In those days the 'pros' did that. We never were allowed to pose to music. Only Arnold, and other guest posers could do that. Ah, the good old days.

I wasn't that big, either. Dr Walzack said I could be a Mr Universe within 6 months under his supervision. I think he meant using Deca Durabolin. No thanks. I took some minor risks with a few Dianabol tablets a few times and that is the extent of my drug usage. No way those titles and trophies meant that much to me.

Bob is a huge guy. No doubt he paid his dues and the cost was high. That is exactly what I wanted to avoid....and did. I am in good health for my age and will be 70 in a couple months.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
more proof that wes is nice to everyone
LOL  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »
Wes you have my vote for best Getbig poster
I`m nice to everyone!  ;D

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2012, 04:20:51 PM »
vince at least has some points here.

getbig can never tolerate anything so-called racial about blacks, jews, but you can post anything to ridicule white people and other races.

also, some posts would be deleted without a rational explanation, but other would stay here forever no matter how insulting or inappropriate they are.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »

Well, Wes, as it turned out that was my last contest. I tore by biceps doing a 509 pound deadlift in the winter and the gap in my arm ended my career.

So I never had another chance. There were and are a lot of great bodybuilders in Australia.

I used some negativity to train hard in 1970. Ken Rivard asked me if I was enterring. Heck, no I am going to win it, I replied. He laughed in my face.

That was all the encouragement I needed. Ken came second. There was no Mr Canada held in 1971 so I held the title for two years. Ken never won

the title but John Mikl and Walter Cuts Milner did win the title. John has a band and calls himself Thor. Walter was a fabulous fellow from Moosehorn,

Manitoba. Very popular and a great Mr Canada. Unfortunately, Walter died after falling off a scaffold while working as a window cleaner.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2012, 07:46:22 PM »
Don't be so crude. Arnold did use force to seduce our 16 year old babysitter. That was in our penthouse apartment in Manly in 1974.

The 1975 Mr Australia contest was a different matter. Short story here. I challenged Robert Nailon to compete in the Mr Australia contest.

He enterred the Mr NSW contest that year and won. Arnold was the guest poser and maybe a judge, too. Hans Meyer looked better to me

and most of the audience so when Robert was announced as the winner I booed and so did many in the audience. After the contest Paul

Graham had his usual get-together for bodybuilders and officials and someone accused gym member Andrew Shigelski of booing Robert.

He told them that I started the booing and others joined in. Robert wasn't at all pleased. I didn't join that group after the show. Apparently,

Paul and Arnold heard that and said they would get even with me in Melbourne. I heard about what they were going to do so warned Frank

Burwash. Frank did nothing and that was a huge disappointment. In retrospect I should have withdrawn from the contest. I gained nothing

from competing but I had challenged Robert and called him a paper tiger so had to compete. Roger Walker won that year. I voiced my opinion

at the judges and athletes meeting that Roger had already won the title and others should be given a chance to win it. Arnold spoke out

against me and my motion was defeated as no one supported me. After the contest a humble Ian Perrott, who placed second, said he should

have supported me. He said he could win the next year. As it turned out Ian committed suicide and never won the Mr Australia. I always

wonder if he would still be alive had he won that year. So Arnold and Paul did some despicable things in those days. 

Paranoia much?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »
Chaos, you tred these forums with a chip on your shoulder as big as a house. Put shit on the other guy as long as it makes you feel good.

That was the unwritten rule at the original Golds Gym at Venice. So you lift weights and are strong. So what?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »
Chaos, you tred these forums with a chip on your shoulder as big as a house. Put shit on the other guy as long as it makes you feel good.

That was the unwritten rule at the original Golds Gym at Venice. So you lift weights and are strong. So what?

Bob occupies too much space in your brain, can't you see this?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2012, 08:01:31 PM »

No chip at all petergazer, I'm having fun over here. Unlike you, I enjoy my life and don't have to complain nonstop about events 30+ years old. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2012, 08:47:45 PM »

sounds familiar doesnt it, hypocrite?

soon, you will have been posting solely on vince goodrum, bob chick and how fucked up the ass you got by the bodybuilding industry for 48 hours straight!!

actually, come to think of it, this makes up your whole post count in all of your getbig years!

getbig is a way to vent your anger at these 3 main focuses in your life haunting you day in day out.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »
Some guys are meek in real life and tigers on the net. Suckmymuscle, for example. Others are strong guys but meek online. This applies to most bodybuilders. Then there are some who are the same no matter where they are. I like to think I am like this. So what if events happened 30 or more years ago. People are still debating the 80 Olympia and rightly so. That is fun because it concerns bodybuilders. Things that affected us emotionally tend to linger as if time didn't change. So who can say why people post on the internet. Who cares? What is obvious is that many here read stuff I post. If they are so pissed off why bother reading threads I start? No one here is going to own me so give up that pursuit. I started this thread to see if a thread about Bob Chick would stay up and not be removed. So far this is still here so I figured out a way to do so.

It makes me laugh how so many are so judgemental on Getbig. I voice my opinion but guys like Goodrum amuse me. They don't occupy any space in my psyche that is important. I don't envy Chaos, Bob Chick or even Ron Avidan. Good for them if they get accolades or make money from the Irongame.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:36 AM »
Bob meets his mentor.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
Re: Bob Chick - the legend
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2012, 01:57:46 AM »
What industry, Ron? Bodybuilding is owned by private companies and the supplement companies have influence, too.

I complain about the way Bob gets preferential treatment. Critical threads and posts about him are removed. Many highly slanderous posts about me remain. That isn't fair dinkum and smacks of favourtism. My title was a national title. Still no blue stars but who cares, right Ron? I shouldn't have to complain to Ron about slanderous posts. It appears that if you are disapproved of on this forum you can get tarred and feathered and no one does a thing. Great forum, Ron.

I have done plenty in the Irongame but younger fellows like Ron wouldn't know half of it. I criticize Bob because he is part of the problem in bodybuilding, not the solution. I have argued this but Bob merely says I am out of the loop and an imbecile. I have a better brain than Bob. I know how intelligent I am. Most here don't realize how truly dull they are. That is the difference. There are a lot of smart guys here. I know that and they help make the place an amusing one most of the time.

If Ron is going to post to support people he should make the forum fair by having his moderators remove slanderous posts. If a guy with a masters degree in the philosophy of science is an idiot what does that make just about everyone else? I take plenty of crap from the flotsam. I despise anonymous cowards and those nasty pricks hiding behind gimmick accounts.

I post with navy font, not blue!

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are some genuinely intelligent people here and your possessing a masters in philosophy does not gain you automatic entry into the club. Ironically, your degree evinces stupidity, because there is literally zero use for a masters in that field. That you didn't build it into a PhD (the degree's only conceivable purpose) is bizarre and perhaps another thing to be bitter about. Nice try attempting to impress, however.

P.S. Since you are so smart, what are your views on constructive empiricism?