Author Topic: Kranks Log  (Read 170626 times)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: Kranks Log
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2013, 09:18:03 PM »
4/30

Olympic
Clean First Pull + Hang Clean + Jerk - 7x2 (1+1+1) (r:60s) : 115x2, 135x2, 2, 155x2, 2, 175x2, 2

Strength
Push Press - 3x5 (r:60s) : 155x5, 165x5, 175x5
Bent Row (supinated grip) - 3x5 (r:60s) : 205x5, 5, 4
Squat - 1X5 @ 80%, 1X3 @ 85%, 1X2 @ 90%, 2X1 @ 95% (r:2-3min) : 300x5, 315x3, 335x2, 335x1, 1
Pause Front Squat - 5x2 (x5x) (r:90s) : 155x2, 165x2, 2, 2, 2

Conditioning
5 Rounds total reps :

1 Min of 5 Power Cleans 155# w/ remainder of time for ME split jerks
1 Min ME Burpees

Totals 5/15, 3/13, 3/11, 3/11, 3/10

Comments
- The first olympic movement is performed like this : a pull to the knees (i.e. First Pull), a 3 second pause at the knees, then a clean from the hang position (at the knees) and then a jerk
- I should have scaled the weight for the conditioning.  The 155 power clean wasn't the issue, it was the jerks afterwards
- Did I already mention that I HATE front squats??

Notes
- When you see a x(y + z) that means you will do a total of 'x' reps that are made up of y + z.  Y & Z refer to the first and second exercise.  Ex: 3(1+1) will mean the set will be 3 reps, and each rep is made up of 1 rep of both exercises
- When you see a x+y only, that means do x reps of first exercise, then do y reps of second exercise.  EX: 3+1 will mean that the set will be 3 reps of first exercise, then immediately do 1 rep of second exercise.
- AMRAP = means either As Many Rounds As Possible (when listed with a time), or As Many Reps As Possible (when listed with a number)
- EMOM = Every minute on the minute.  Look at number of sets and thats how many minutes the timer is set for.
- K2E = knees to elbows crunch
- C2B = chest to bar with a pullup
- UB = unbroken; once you stop the set is 'broken'
- SDHP = Sumo deadlift high pull
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2013, 09:23:58 PM »
5/2

Olympic
High Snatch (from about the waist) - 7x2 (r:60s) : 115x1, 1, 125x1, 1, 130x1, 1, 135x1  
High Clean + Jerk - 7x2 (1+1) (r:60s) : 135x1, 155x1, 1, 165x1, 1, 175x1, 1

Strength

Conditioning
7 Rounds:

For 2 mins do:
Row 20 Cals
12 Lateral Box Jumps 20"
ME HSPU

- Rest 1min after each round

Totals (for HSPU) - DNF, 5, 5, 7, 4, 7, 9

Comments
- Demo Video for 1st olympic movement : Demo Exercise #1
- Demo Video for 2st olympic movement : Demo Exercise #2
- The first round of conditioning I got screwed on time as I didn't have the rower set right for calories so I went a little slower than I should.  Also, the ones where I got 7 or 9 reps for the HSPU I found the 'grove' for doing the rower.
- The lateral box jumps were not as hard as I thought they would be.

Notes
- When you see a x(y + z) that means you will do a total of 'x' reps that are made up of y + z.  Y & Z refer to the first and second exercise.  Ex: 3(1+1) will mean the set will be 3 reps, and each rep is made up of 1 rep of both exercises
- When you see a x+y only, that means do x reps of first exercise, then do y reps of second exercise.  EX: 3+1 will mean that the set will be 3 reps of first exercise, then immediately do 1 rep of second exercise.
- AMRAP = means either As Many Rounds As Possible (when listed with a time), or As Many Reps As Possible (when listed with a number)
- EMOM = Every minute on the minute.  Look at number of sets and thats how many minutes the timer is set for.
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2013, 09:42:50 AM »
HAVEN'T FORGOT ABOUT U LOL,,,NICE SETS HERE DUDE,,HOW YA FEELING OVERALL,STILL ON HRT,,,

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2013, 04:32:35 AM »
Overall I am not feeling too bad.  I got myself some knee sleeves (Rehband) and Thursday I finally got my olympic lifting shoes (the Adidas ones - $75).  Damn knee sleeves were $42/ea.  WTF.  I will say this, they do keep your knees warm and I am not getting as much of the sharp pains in the knees.  I am actually glad I didn't go with the shot in the knee this past February.  As far as the HRT goes.  I since telling that Doc to fuck himself, I haven't been on.  I can feel it.  I think I am going to go back to my original Doc.  At least she was honest about things and listened to me.  I am still fighting with the bill from that place.  They are getting $5/mo from me...nothing more.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2013, 04:36:30 AM »
5/3

Olympic

Strength
Top Pull Deadlift - 5x3 @70% 1rm (r:60s) : 315x3, 3, 3, 3, 3
Bench Press - 5x3 @70% 1rm (r:60s) : 215x3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Conditioning
For time -

Run 800m
30 Muscle Ups (bar)
Run 800m

Time = 17:52

Comments
- Thank god for an easy day today on lifting.  The bench still sucked.  Hated every minute of it. 
- The conditioning sucked because...well, the damn running.  Also, doing the muscle ups on a pull up bar that had the rubber coating SUCKS.  Slows you down as you transition from the kip to the press above the bar.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2013, 04:39:07 AM »
5/2

Olympic
High Snatch (from about the waist) - 7x2 (r:60s) : 115x1, 1, 125x1, 1, 130x1, 1, 135x1  
High Clean + Jerk - 7x2 (1+1) (r:60s) : 135x1, 155x1, 1, 165x1, 1, 175x1, 1  http://vimeo.com/43859850

Strength

Conditioning
7 Rounds:

For 2 mins do:
Row 20 Cals
12 Lateral Box Jumps 20"
ME HSPU

- Rest 1min after each round

Totals (for HSPU) - DNF, 5, 5, 7, 4, 7, 9

Comments
- Demo Video for 1st olympic movement : Demo Exercise #1
- Demo Video for 2st olympic movement : Demo Exercise #2
- The first round of conditioning I got screwed on time as I didn't have the rower set right for calories so I went a little slower than I should.  Also, the ones where I got 7 or 9 reps for the HSPU I found the 'grove' for doing the rower.
- The lateral box jumps were not as hard as I thought they would be.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

very intresting workouts. I like to take a look here now and again and as i wrote before i like your individual style of training.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2013, 05:09:11 AM »
Thanks.  Its not so individual style...whats funny is that I think my back is looking better than when I was doing the 'bodybuilding' training.  Adding the swimming in on Sunday is nice.  You don't know how much it takes out of you when you swim 10 x 100yd

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2013, 05:26:30 AM »
Thanks.  Its not so individual style...whats funny is that I think my back is looking better than when I was doing the 'bodybuilding' training.  Adding the swimming in on Sunday is nice.  You don't know how much it takes out of you when you swim 10 x 100yd
yes.. i go now and again to the local baths.. love the massage effect of the whirlpool... swimming is great for flexibility and overall fitness... great to stretch the shoulders on the back stroke..

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2013, 02:28:31 PM »
yes.. i go now and again to the local baths.. love the massage effect of the whirlpool... swimming is great for flexibility and overall fitness... great to stretch the shoulders on the back stroke..

Can't stand the whirlpool.  I get too damn hot in it.  I survive for maybe 2 mins and then I am done.  Steam rooms...forget it, I can't breath.  I just do some freestyle when I swim.  I found that I was exerting too much energy with the backstroke.  Want this to be an active rest day.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2013, 02:29:25 PM »
5/3

Olympic
20 Mins to Establish 1rm for Snatch - 175# - NEW PR
20 Mins to Establish 1rm for Clean and Jerk - 225# - NEW PR

Strength
Front Squat - 5x3 @ 75% 1rm (r:60s) : 225x3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Conditioning
3 Rounds for total reps:

1 min Front Squat 135#
1 min HSPU
1 min 24kb KB Swing
1 min Strict Pullups

1 min rest

Total reps =  189 (r1 = 15/8/29/13), (r2 = 9/9/27/14), (r3 = 14/10/27/14)

Comments
- Thats a 25# increase in the olympic lifts in 3 weeks.  Crazy
- I was worried when I did the snatch.  I failed once at 175.  Was slow as fuck on the pull.  The second one I just told myself to keep the bar close to the body and drop fast
- I wasn't going to go for a PR in the clean and jerk, but the 225# was nagging at me.
- I am thinking I should re-evaluate form on front squats.  The 225 was a BITCH with trying to hold it like the Clean and jerk.
- The conditioning just had to front squats.  FML.  I was dripping with sweat after the 3rd round.  The HSPU were done with a mat between two olympic 45# plates.  Made sure to go down far enough.
- I do think the shoes made a big difference.  I have to get my head on straight with pulling that weight faster on both Olympic lifts.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: May 05, 2013, 04:25:19 AM »
5/5

Here is the workouts for week #6: http://www.filedropper.com/week6

At the end of the week you start doing the "Open" workouts that will qualify you for the Regionals.  I am sure some will laugh at the workout on Friday...but this is what my goal is.  We shall see how well I do.

For today its just some swimming then go see Ironman 3.  Maybe I will splurge and see if there is a massage somewhere.  Lord knows I need it.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2013, 02:13:28 PM »
I am gathering a whirl pool is what we call a spa here?  I don't do any swimming pools. I only swim in the ocean.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: May 09, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »
5/6

Olympic
Snatch First Pull + Hanging Snatch - 10x1 (r:60s) : 115x 1, 1, 1, 135x1, 1, 1, 145x1, miss, 1, 150x1, 1
Hanging Snatch Pull - 3x5 (r:60s) : 135x5, 5, 145x5
Snatch Grip Push Press + OHS - 3x3 (1+1) (r:60s) : 135x3, 2, 145x3

Strength
GHD - 3x25 (r60s) : BWx25, 25, 25

Conditioning
3 min AMRAP Burpees = 45

-rest 2mins-

5 mins AMRAP of
a) 10 Double Unders
b) 15 Power Cleans 75#

Total = 2 + b(5)

Comments
- I used straps on the hanging snatch pulls.  Was weird, but it also didn't play with my grip
- My program called for 30 Double Unders.  I would have used all 5 mins getting that.  I dropped it to 10 just to force myself to do them

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: May 09, 2013, 07:51:52 PM »
5/7

Olympic
Clean First Pull + Hanging Clean + Jerk - 10x1 (r:60s) : 135x1, 1, 155x1, 1, 175xmiss, 1, 1, 185x1, 1, 1

Strength
Push Press - 3x3 (r:60s) : 165x3, 175x3, 185x3
Bent Row (underhand grip) - 3x5 (r:60s) : 205x5, 215x4, 4
Squat - 2x5x260 (r:45s), 2x3x280 (r:45s), 3x1x300 (r:30s)

Conditioning

3X200m Run – rest 1:1
3X200m Run – rest 1:1.5
3X200m Run – rest 1:2

DNC

Comments
- With the squats, you do the combined sets WITHOUT racking the weight.  Meaning for the 45 or 30 secs you stand there with the weight on your back.  NOT comfortable.
- I did miss on one of the C&J...I don't have that damn front rack position.  FUCK!!!!
- Unfortunately I had to go to another office this morning  so the workout had to come at night.  By the time I got done all the schools had shut the lights off and so I couldn't do the run.  Was highly peeved!!!

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: May 09, 2013, 07:53:33 PM »
5/8

I normally rest on this day, but since I fucked up on the running last night I decided to incorporate some swimming into it.  Here is what I did:

3 x 50m (r:1-1)
3 x 50m (r:1-1.5)
3 x 50m (r:1-2)

4 x 25 all out sprints.  (r:60s)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: May 09, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »
5/9

Olympic
Low Hang Snatch (3sec pause) + Vertical Hi-Hang Snatch - 7x1 (1+1) (r:90sec) : 115x1, 1, 125x1, 1, 1, 135x1, miss - high
Low Hang Clean (3 sec pause) + Vertical Hi-Hang Clean + Jerk - 7x1 (1+1+1) (r:90s) : 115x1, 135x1, 1, 1, 145x1, 1, 155xmiss-jerk

Strength

Conditioning
1 minute ME Muscle-Ups

Total = 6

*Rest 1 minute.

3 rounds for time of:

5 HSPU
15 Double-Unders
5 Push Jerks 135#

Time = 6:12

*Rest 1 minute.

1 minute ME Muscle-Ups

Total = 5

Comments
- This olympic day SUCKED.  I got done with both and my elbows were fucked.  Even using straps on the snatch wasn't enough to stop the ache in the elbows.
- I missed on the snatch because I was so damn tired from the previous sets.
- I missed on the last jerk because the bar just smacked my collar bone and I couldn't reset the bar without pain.  For most of the day it was swollen.  I was about to take an xray of it to make sure I didn't have a break but the swelling has come down.
- I did my previous UB record for rope jumping.  I did 13 in a row.  My goal for end of may is 20 in a row
- The muscle ups suck because I don't have the right kind of bar.
- I dropped the wall walk because of elbows.  The same goes for the weight on the Push Jerks.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
5/10

CF Games Open WOD 13.1

Olympic

Strength
Movement prep for 13.1

1) Every 30 seconds for 2 minutes (10 total reps):

1 Power Snatch + 1 Full Snatch (squat) @ 75# (touch and go reps)

2) Every minute on the minute for 2 minutes (6 total reps):

1 Power Snatch + 1 Full Snatch (squat) @ 135# (touch and go reps)

3) Every 10 seconds for 1 minute (14 total reps):

2 Burpees (13.1 standard) as fast as possible

Conditioning
Proceed through the sequence below completing as many reps as possible in 17 minutes of:

40 Burpees
75# Snatch, 30 reps
30 Burpees
135# Snatch, 30 reps
20 Burpees
165# Snatch, 30 reps
10 burpees
210# Snatch, as many reps as possible

Comments
- I made sure I read through how Rudy with Outlaw Crossfit said to do the workout today.  I made sure the burpees stayed at about a 4 - 5sec pace per one.  The one thing I know I did wrong was the first set of Snatches.  I stayed too upright and ended up torching my shoulders a little.  My goal was to get through to the 20 burpees (150 total reps).  I did it.  Now I am kicking myself for not even getting one rep of the 165# snatches.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »
When I combined the totals for the previous attempt at 13.2 and with what I did with 13.1, I looked at the national rankings.  I would be in 16th place for my current age group (40 - 44), and if I held up strength and got NO BETTER I would be tied for 6th place in the 45 - 50 age group (which I will be in next year).  I am excited to do the 13.2 again to see how this would change...and then do the remaining workouts.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2013, 09:07:01 PM »
5/11

Olympic
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Clean & Jerk. - PR 230!!!

Strength
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Front Squat. - Thanks to the improved front rack - PR 285!!!!

Conditioning
*With a running clock…

3 rounds for time of:

50 Double-Unders
25 Wall-Balls
10 Muscle-Ups

Time - 19:21

(If you finish this effort in less than 12 minutes, rest until the clock reaches 12 minutes.)

2 minutes ME Rope Climbs 15′

Rest 1 minute.

2 minutes ME Row for Calories

Calories - 37

Comments
- I could not believe how much better the cleans felt with the improved front rack position.  I biffed a couple of times with the actual clean because I wasn't letting the bar come up far enough before dropping underneath.  When I did it right I was suprised at how much easier the bar sat on my shoulders rather than collar bones.
- I made myself do the 50 double unders in the conditioning.  The whole thing took longer, but I was not going to pussy out.  I did up my personal best UB set to 17.  My ankles are kind of fried right now, so I have to figure out what I am doing wrong there.
- I also did not do the rope climb as we don't have a rope like that at the gym.

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Additional:

I am starting to work more on improving my front rack position.  I did a few of these prior to my workout and I can say they made a SHIT TON of difference.  If you want to get your front squat better (I can speak from experience) watch these two videos:

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
5/12

Went and swam this morning.  Warmed up for about 100m.  Then did about eight 50m sprints.  I started to think why I was doing sprints.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Active rest day.  So I did another five or six 50m casual (75% intensity) swims.  I didn't flip turn, just a touch of the wall, breath every four strokes, easy.  On one of the misses yesterday my hand/thumb bent weird.  I didn't think anything of it but my ring finger knuckle feels strange.  I am going to xray it tomorrow and see what shows up.  Hard to make a full contracted fist.  Anyway...here is this coming weeks training.  I tried one of my earlier links and they don't work.  Hope this one does:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/417924/Week--7-pdf.html

If anyone actually does try and download this and can't get it to work, let me know.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2013, 05:32:55 PM »
5/12

Went and swam this morning.  Warmed up for about 100m.  Then did about eight 50m sprints.  I started to think why I was doing sprints.  Stupid stupid stupid.  Active rest day.  So I did another five or six 50m casual (75% intensity) swims.  I didn't flip turn, just a touch of the wall, breath every four strokes, easy.  On one of the misses yesterday my hand/thumb bent weird.  I didn't think anything of it but my ring finger knuckle feels strange.  I am going to xray it tomorrow and see what shows up.  Hard to make a full contracted fist.  Anyway...here is this coming weeks training.  I tried one of my earlier links and they don't work.  Hope this one does:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/417924/Week--7-pdf.html

If anyone actually does try and download this and can't get it to work, let me know.
It didnt work for me. 

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
Thats odd, I had to download it at work because I forgot my sheet and it worked fine.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »
5/13

Olympic
3 First Pulls + Hang Snatch - 7X1 (3+1)  (r:60s) : 115x1, 135x1, miss, 1, 155x miss, 1, 1, 1

Strength
Strict T2B - 3X10 (r:60s) : 10, 10, 10
“Nose & Toes” Handstand Holds - 3XME  (r:60s) - DNP

Conditioning
10 minute ascending round AMRAP of:

3 Hang Clean to Thrusters 95#
3 Burpee Box Jumps 36″
3 C2B Pull-ups
6 Hang Clean to Thrusters 95#
6 Burpee Box Jumps 36″
6 C2B Pull-ups
9 Hang Clean to Thrusters 95#
9 Burpee Box Jumps 36″
9 C2B Pull-ups
12…

(i.e. if you actually get past 9, you keep going with 12, 15, etc)

Total "reps" = 63

Comments
- For the olympic lift, perform 3 first pulls then pause 3 second at the knees, then a hanging Snatch from knees. Do not let the bar rest on any portion of the leg before the Hang Snatch
- Something was wrong today.  I couldn't get my turnover right.  Also, my wrists felt like shit during this.  I don't know if its how I wrapping my wrists or just the need for a break.
- I was supposed to use 135# for my thrusters on the conditioning but the way my elbows and wrist felt today.  No chance.  I was even going to use 115#, but feeling that was a bitch

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: May 14, 2013, 08:38:13 PM »
5/14

Olympic
Pause First Pull + Clean & Jerk - 7X1+1  (r:60s) : 135x1, 1, 155x1, 1, 1, 165x1, 1

Strength
Squat -  1X5 @ 80%, 2X3 @ 85%, 3X1 @ 90% (r:2-3m) : 300x5, 315x3, 3, 335x1, 1, 1
1 1/4 Front Squats : 4X3 (r:90s) - DNP

Conditioning
3 minutes Max Distance Prowler Push @ 225#

Total = 14 x 10yds

-then (no rest)-

For time:

Row 20 Calories
12 Push Press 155#
20 Walking Lunges (steps)
Row 40 Calories
9 Push Press 155#
40 Walking Lunges (steps)
Row 60 Calories
6 Push Press 155#
60 Walking Lunges

DID NOT PERFORM THE 2nd PART OF CONDITIONING

Comments
- Pause 3 seconds at the knees, then a full Clean & Jerk. Do not release tension on the bar when returning to the floor after the Pause First Pull
- It took FOREVER to feel warmed up enough to do the first movement.  Again...the elbows and wrists felt like shit.  Just achy.
- After the cleans my elbows were trashed.  I was NOT looking forward to doing much more of anything.  I made a judgement call and decided to finish off the stuff in the workout that would involve the least amount of pressure on the elbows.
- The prowler was performed as a 10 yard shuttle (10 yards down, 10 yards back). Push high handles down, and low handles back.
- Made an appointment for a massage and went right there after showering from workout.  Have to say, the therapist did a good job on my back, but she NEVER worked on my shoudlers, elbows, or wrists like I asked.  She also did not work on my knees.  This is why I nver get massages.  They never listen to what you say.  I didn't go in for a foo foo massage FFS!!!!!

Notes
- GHR = Glute-Ham Raise
- ME = Maximum effort

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: May 14, 2013, 11:54:41 PM »
Okay that's not a good massage Krank.  Didn't really help where you needed it.