Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 21, 2014, 07:05:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Active Core Engagement is Key to Maximum Load in Compound Movements  (Read 2292 times)
PeakContraction
Time Out
Getbig I

« on: August 22, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »

When engaging in a complex compound movement with a heavy (relative to one's 1RM) load, consciously activating the "core" (the musculature of the trunk) is an integral element toward progression through the target range of motion.

Engagement of the core may seem like a vague term but in actuality it is a simple, easy to perform process. To properly engage one's core, activation of the transverse abdomini is pivotal; simply focus on: 1) inhaling deeply to create a stomach vacuum during the eccentric portion of the movement's range of motion and then 2) contract the musculature of the abdomen by exhaling while performing the concentric movement toward completion of range of motion.

Try these 2 simple steps the next time you are performing a bench press, deadlift or squat with 75 percent or more of your one rep max and notice the relatively large increase in strength it provides!
Report to moderator   Logged
Raymondo
Getbig V

Ray of sunshine

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »

Who in the fuck are you
wes
Competitors
Getbig V

The Power Cosmic

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »

When engaging in a complex compound movement with a heavy (relative to one's 1RM) load, consciously activating the "core" (the musculature of the trunk) is an integral element toward progression through the target range of motion.

Engagement of the core may seem like a vague term but in actuality it is a simple, easy to perform process. To properly engage one's core, activation of the transverse abdomini is pivotal; simply focus on: 1) inhaling deeply to create a stomach vacuum during the eccentric portion of the movement's range of motion and then 2) contract the musculature of the abdomen by exhaling while performing the concentric movement toward completion of range of motion.

Try these 2 simple steps the next time you are performing a bench press, deadlift or squat with 75 percent or more of your one rep max and notice the relatively large increase in strength it provides!

;Wink

* gun_2_head.jpg (18.61 KB, 539x300 - viewed 370 times.)
njflex
Competitors
Getbig V

team guido

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »

we have this weeks gimmick of the week,,,, Wink

$
snx
Getbig IV

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »

Your ideas intrigue me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Hulkotron
Getbig V

The forbidden ritual of the steel palm

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »

I move towards completion with your mother.
Coach is Back!
Competitors
Getbig V

He won by a "landslide" lol

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »

Nice....it's almost automatic unless you're teaching it for the first time. Breath in, Breath out.  Why you're posting this bullshit on here where 95% of the people on here train is beyond me. but have at it.
Dr Dutch
Getbig V

The flying Dutchmen

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »

Do not feed the gimmick.
Krankenstein
Getbig V

OMG I JUST BURNED OUT MY CNS. HELP ME JOE

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »

I honestly wish you were in front of me so I could ask you to name the muscles that comprise the core.  Instead if I asked you here, you would google your shit.

funk51
Getbig V

Getbig!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »

lucky post 13 was a winner. Grin Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!