Author Topic: Active Core Engagement is Key to Maximum Load in Compound Movements  (Read 13689 times)

PeakContraction

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
When engaging in a complex compound movement with a heavy (relative to one's 1RM) load, consciously activating the "core" (the musculature of the trunk) is an integral element toward progression through the target range of motion.

Engagement of the core may seem like a vague term but in actuality it is a simple, easy to perform process. To properly engage one's core, activation of the transverse abdomini is pivotal; simply focus on: 1) inhaling deeply to create a stomach vacuum during the eccentric portion of the movement's range of motion and then 2) contract the musculature of the abdomen by exhaling while performing the concentric movement toward completion of range of motion.

Try these 2 simple steps the next time you are performing a bench press, deadlift or squat with 75 percent or more of your one rep max and notice the relatively large increase in strength it provides!

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: Active Core Engagement is Key to Maximum Load in Compound Movements
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:19 AM »
Who in the fuck are you

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 11:08:34 AM »
When engaging in a complex compound movement with a heavy (relative to one's 1RM) load, consciously activating the "core" (the musculature of the trunk) is an integral element toward progression through the target range of motion.

Engagement of the core may seem like a vague term but in actuality it is a simple, easy to perform process. To properly engage one's core, activation of the transverse abdomini is pivotal; simply focus on: 1) inhaling deeply to create a stomach vacuum during the eccentric portion of the movement's range of motion and then 2) contract the musculature of the abdomen by exhaling while performing the concentric movement toward completion of range of motion.

Try these 2 simple steps the next time you are performing a bench press, deadlift or squat with 75 percent or more of your one rep max and notice the relatively large increase in strength it provides!

;;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »
we have this weeks gimmick of the week,,,, ;)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:37:19 AM »
I move towards completion with your mother.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »

Nice....it's almost automatic unless you're teaching it for the first time. Breath in, Breath out.  Why you're posting this bullshit on here where 95% of the people on here train is beyond me. but have at it.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »
Do not feed the gimmick.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »

I honestly wish you were in front of me so I could ask you to name the muscles that comprise the core.  Instead if I asked you here, you would google your shit.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
lucky post 13 was a winner. ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)
F